• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I'm never good at thread titles...

The Habitat Doctor

Eccentric Ecologist
Local time
Yesterday 7:20 PM
-->
So... *poof* here I am, the eccentric ecologist.

I've been periodically lurking for a few months and, well it's time to officially accept my latest and greatest distraction lol.

:kinggrin:

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 9:20 AM
-->
NOOOOO!!! Please I beg of you! Somebody SOMEBODY PLEASE. We need somebody that thinks they are good at intro threads, good at thread titles please send us someone with this skill.

Hey how are you? Eccentric yes thats the word, someone once bought me a note holder because it looked eccentric. The three great distractions you tube INTPf and....

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 4:20 PM
-->
Welcome.

Yes, what exactly qualifies one as "good at intro threads" anyway?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Are you saying it's better to save than to be saved?

or

What are you doing in the woods anyway?

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 6:20 PM
-->
I've been periodically lurking for a few months and, well it's time to officially accept my latest and greatest distraction lol.

Congrats and welcome to the club, you're now on the fast track to wasting anywhere from dozens to thousands of hours of your life.

(of course if I thought it was a complete waste I probably wouldn't be here. :D)

Cavallier said:
There are those random people who get like 200 responses to theirs.

The Habitat Doctor

Eccentric Ecologist
Local time
-->
NOOOOO!!! Please I beg of you! Somebody SOMEBODY PLEASE. We need somebody that thinks they are good at intro threads, good at thread titles please send us someone with this skill.

I was honestly tempted to title it "Naked Llamas", but thought better of it.

Welcome.

Something that relates to the actual content of the thread but manages to stand out from the other 8 billion "First Thread EVAR!!!111" threads. Should have went with the llamas...

Are you saying it's better to save than to be saved?

or

What are you doing in the woods anyway?

If save is akin to conserve and/or manage, then yes, and we do "it", which is pretty much everything imaginable and then some lol.

Congrats and welcome to the club, you're now on the fast track to wasting anywhere from dozens to thousands of hours of your life.

(of course if I thought it was a complete waste I probably wouldn't be here. :D)

I typically always have a forum of some sort to waste time on (more than 1 and I can't get anything done dring the few hours while I'm actually indoors). Politics, news, art, random B.S.... This is next. Maybe it'll stick? (Or worse, maybe I'LL stick).

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 1:20 AM
-->
I'm considering becoming an ecologist. But I also find genetic engineering interesting. That choice is one and a half year away, tho, so I will figure it out then.

Welcome.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Ehhh, What's up Doc?

Welcome to the forums. :)

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I agree. You should have gone with the "Naked Llamas" thread title though you would probably have then gotten a lot of questions along the lines of, "aren't llamas always naked?". :D

What makes you eccentric?

The Habitat Doctor

Eccentric Ecologist
Local time
-->
I'm considering becoming an ecologist. But I also find genetic engineering interesting. That choice is one and a half year away, tho, so I will figure it out then.

Welcome.

By all means, don't be afraid to combine the two. If you can engineer viruses to kill invasive species; 1. I will build a closet shrine in your honor, and 2. You'll be filthy rich.

The Habitat Doctor

Eccentric Ecologist
Local time
-->
I agree. You should have gone with the "Naked Llamas" thread title though you would probably have then gotten a lot of questions along the lines of, "aren't llamas always naked?". :D

What makes you eccentric?

I find that many in the biological sciences are hard-nosed workaholics that do everything by the book (think physiologist *shudders*).

I have a habit of seeing things that no one else does (i.e how invasive aphids negatively impact the reproductive output of a carnivorous snake), and God forbid I ever teach a course. Students would be cringing at the sound of an air horn, dodging a supersoaker, and doing the Macarena within the same class period.

I also had a pet sheep that I taught how to dance. That has to count for something...

Top Bottom