• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I'm god (and so can you)

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 6:36 AM
-->
☆Step I
"Scientific inquiry in chemistry and physics have no analogous opponent."
- Josiah Dykstra, Essential Cybersecurity Science: Build, Test, and Evaluate Secure Systems

☆Step II
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke, Hazards of Prophecy: The Failure of Imagination

☆Step III
"Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you have not known."
- Jeremiah 33:3

You may begin ascending, what's stopping you?

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 2:36 PM
-->
My uncontrollable addiction of having to smear melted goat cheese all over my nubile body, dress up like a millipede, and crawl through town while singing the Mongolian national anthem, pissing into waste bins and biting people's ankles.

If only it wasn't for that...

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 9:36 PM
-->
I like to think that God's a smoker. Kind of has a Snoop Dog vibe, but looks like James Bond.

Either way, there is a name for people who think about god. They're called theologians...

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
My uncontrollable addiction of having to smear melted goat cheese all over my nubile body, dress up like a millipede, and crawl through town while singing the Mongolian national anthem, pissing into waste bins and biting people's ankles.

If only it wasn't for that...

This, people. This is godlike behavior, from a being we must strive to emulate. You're already there. Rule with me.... like a partnership (a platonic partnership, let's not get confused here).

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Euphoria lasts just so long you know.
Addictive highs are a place holder for the place holder.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:36 AM
-->
Biotech is honestly terrifying, people make a big deal about the possibility of an AI going rouge but don't realize some rando in his basement could bioengineer a varient of the common cold that makes us all sterile and we would have no idea what the cause is until it's far too late.

Deleted member 1424

Sperm counts have dropped by over 50% since the 70s, so you may be on to something. Though, I actually think it's pollution.

Nevertheless bioterrorism is a huge threat. Such weapons, with enough sophistication, can be designed to snipe, not just nuke. That terrifies me as it makes them all the more feasible and desirable to use.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Sperm counts have dropped by over 50% since the 70s, so you may be on to something. Though, I actually think it's pollution.

I think it's natural, and fitting. There's too much people in the world. A little less sperm doesn't mean men aren't going to have children either. Only takes just one, and an egg, to make, or procreate rather, a human.

But yeah the causes will probably vary. The foods we digest and the general lack of exercise, plus our emotions being largely 'offshored' into our entertainment- could affect sperm count.

Deleted member 1424

Well the first 50% reduction isn't a big deal compared to that last 50%. If the trajectory continues it could feasibly become impossible to procreate via normal methods in another 40 yrs in some parts of the world (the studies focused primary on a handful of western countries, and other data is incomplete).

I don't particularly care though. I think of sperm more as a dead canary in regard to overall public health. The only thing worse than dying, is dying from something stupid you could have prevented.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
The problem with becoming God is that you replace the holy spirit for a medium. Then you are subject to any form of spirit. We mustn't mix up the body and spirit. The body is a channel for the spirit. So any condition of sensual misconduct will create a certain spiritual force. This is what the Romans called The gods. Some kind of emotional force.

This is how the holy spirit works: It is not shaken. It does not force energy into the flesh. It is still. There is peace in all events. Energy is absorbed not generated.

Now it is not that there is no emotion, it is just that the body does not give into it. Example: Music. One can feel the music without invoking it.

It mostly has to do with focused intention. Because it creates a spiritual presence in one's self. The holy spirit helps one let go of self. And connect to the real God through unselfish desires. When focussing only on the self creates a deceitful person. And when spirits are involved makes one seriously infected.

The holy spirit makes one light. It is also based on love rather than power. It feels like the holy spirit is with you. The part where you become a god is based on power trips. It is not one power that is involved when one is with the holy spirit. It is the power of the holy spirit that fills one rather than a self-generated power from the self.

The holy spirit is good when one is weak and cannot generate one's own power. One can always rely on it because it urbs loneliness because one is not alone but with another person.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 2:36 PM
-->
where-you-are-today-is-no-accident-god-is-using-the-situation-you-are-in-right-now-to-shape-and-prepare-you-for-the-place-he-wants-to-bring-you-into-tomorrow-trust-him-with-his-plan-ev.jpg

Huaaan weeeeek laaaater....

comando-tropas-especiales-cuba-512x330.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Empire of Loplandia, the imperial family are enjoying dinner.

maxresdefault.jpg

When suddenly....

538a1f180db9bf881c93fc65ee0b14d2.jpg

A wild insurrection appears!

hqdefault.jpg

Bang! Bang!

Singe-Animaux-Arme-4599.JPG

'shuffling noise'

monkey+gun.gif

*Sexy Head Flick*

JDP_MDG_180117351JPG.jpg

The Empire falls into ruin and anarchy. The imperial family dance for the entertainment of the masses flocking to the crocodile pits before reptilian jaws drag them into the depths. Meanwhile, the dirty peasants prepare for a great feast to celebrate the ruin of their modern world.

chimps-grunts-54050e1d.jpg.885x491_q90_box-0,106,4896,2823_crop_detail.jpg

And they feast! In fact, so many beans are consumed and so many farts are passed that, all of a bloody sudden---

destroyed-planet-4.jpg

meanwhilebotswanai8l0.jpg

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Could be natural selection, knocking up a one night stand seems like it would have a poor outcome for the kid, better to have children later in life once in a stable relationship.

Indeed this could be an r/K divergence between exploitative and exploited countries, where labour is cheap life is cheap and it's beneficial to have more offspring. By contrast where labour/life is expensive quality matters more than quantity, better one kid with a computer and tutors than two kids without either.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Cynicism is the view that humans are just animals nothing more. It is a view against transcension. Beyond physical form. Not that we are without physical form but that we are not material in nature. The soul is not material it has no form. It is amorphous. This is why we are the same person over a lifetime taking on many forms. The soul is what holds it all together even though we change.

The spirit is in constant flux because of the shape of our body. God is a specific presence that resides in a person. God is downloaded/reincarnated into a person from one's environment, it is a superconscious entity.

The thing is that God knows everything. About you and the environment. And when God resides inside you they tell you things. More than synchronicities.

Think of yourself as electricity and probability waves.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don’t see why not, I mean this isn’t a new development and it’s a self-reinforcing cycle, r/K differentiation changes local conditions which drives further r/K differentiation and with the advent of better transport and communications infrastructure this cycle is accelerated.

K-selected humans from across the world are congregating in cities, seeking better opportunities for themselves and their offspring, and of those cities the largest most populous and thus most developed are the most desirable. Meanwhile r-selected humans are being pushed further and further to the periphery of civilisation by ever increasing competitive pressure or simply by their more successful K-selected peers abandoning them.

It’s a story that rings true of every small town in America, the people who do well in school or are otherwise advantaged enough to be competitive go to the big cities to pursue their careers while the others settle in the local community and focus on having kids with their highschool sweethearts.

For the sake of argument let’s assume you’re right, that it’s a matter of healthy living, if that were the case you would expect third world nations where conditions are poor, life is hard and healthcare is limited to be the least fertile. Whereas people would be more virile in nations with clean drinking water, plentiful access to fresh nutritionally rich food, where working hours are shorter and sick/annual/maternity leave is considered a right.

Instead we’re seeing the exact opposite of this, the most developed nations have the lowest birth rates whereas in the most improvised people are popping out kids like it’s going out of fashion. Heck the same is true for cities and towns within nations, consider the family sizes of the people you know relative to the financial stability and population density of their neighbourhood, it’s practically a stereotype that rural people have large families whereas city folk don’t.

Deleted member 1424

idk what you're talking about. You're just not going to get significant effects from natural selection in 40 yrs in humans. (well unless.... A LOT... of people die. They haven't done that.)

Also 'healthy living' doesn't matter, manufacturing and exposure does. Your rural populations are going to be better off, barring a Brockovich incident. They'll have a lower toxic load and the types of exposure they're dealing with, the body is long accustomed. Meanwhile in cities you have all types of novel compounds and medicines you're constantly coming into contact with, and in huge concentrations. Think about how much plastic you touch in a single day. All these novel substances are interacting with your body in ways you cannot quantify or realistically guard against. It took decades to get lead out of gasoline, despite mountains of hard evidence and devastating effects. You really think that kind of short sightedness lends itself to companies or governments giving a shit about public health when the effects are way more complicated and often subtle?

Granted, Australia is in a much better situation regarding such things compared to the US, Europe, or China.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
idk what you're talking about. You're just not going to get significant effects from natural selection in 40 yrs in humans. (well unless.... A LOT... of people die. They haven't done that.)
Of course but as I said it's a self-reinforcing trend, K-selected people are moving into cities to make the most of the opportunities while r-selected people are being gentrified out of those cities by their more competitive K-selected peers. When I was a teenager Brisbane was an ethnic mono-culture except for the occasional aboriginal passing through (shameful but true) but in a mere couple decades diversity has increased dramatically. These people came from somewhere, they very clearly came from abroad and they're the sort to have come seeking greater opportunity, they're the most K-selected people from their place of origin.

Genetics hasn't changed much but I think the distribution of those genetics has changed dramatically, for example I think no matter where they go Japanese people are going to have a statistically negative affect on the birthrate because they come from intensely K-selected stock and as such they are (I assume) inherently less fertile.

Also 'healthy living' doesn't matter, manufacturing and exposure does. Your rural populations are going to be better off, barring a Brockovich incident. They'll have lower toxic load and the types of exposure they're dealing with, the body is long accustomed. Meanwhile in cities you have all types of novel compounds and medicines you're constantly coming into contact with, and in huge concentrations. Think about how much plastic you touch in a single day. All these novel substances are interacting with your body in ways you cannot quantify or realistically guard against. It took decades to get lead out of gasoline, despite mountains of hard evidence and devastating effects. You really think that kind of short sightedness lends itself to companies or governments giving a shit about public health?
You could just as easily blame EMF for reduced virility and I wouldn't be able to deny it but remember correlation does not equal causation. Perhaps you're right, perhaps exposure to plastics and vaporized gasoline is having a direct affect on fertility, perhaps this effect outweighs the health benefits of living in a developed society, but I still think my r/K differentiation theory has merit.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I am not god because things are out of my control. I rely upon an external source for guidance. Especially when I've been sad, I shake inside, God keeps me still. God protects me from the chaos in myself. A person can only experience God the way I do from exposure to trauma and brokenness. God surrounds me and is my center.

God told me something in a dream last night. I am following the message. To protect Blake.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Today 8:36 AM
-->
God is quite schizophrenic.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Today 8:36 AM
-->
Yes, I think I do!

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
God brings wholeness. Mine does.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
I think it's ironic that people crave connection, yet once they find it, they come to despise it.

So they try it over and over again, as if that'll bring in different results. Rejecting God, both personally and as a culture, is another 'meme' (carrier of ideas) to find this connection.

Perhaps people need to die to themselves first to truly understand who they are.

...where is the Jordan River of today?

Top Bottom