• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I'm an ENTP

Inquisitor

Local time
Today 2:50 AM
-->
Turns out I'm not an INTP. Thought you guys should know.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 4:20 PM
-->
Yes, but also no.

More no than yes almost :confused:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:50 PM
-->
You got the letters wrong but at least it's a start.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:50 PM
-->
Did you take the test?

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:50 AM
-->
And i'm Arizona, as i was once informed by a very nice road sign.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
You got the letters wrong but at least it's a start.

Yeah. I never expected this.

In a way the fact that he questioned his type enough to conclude anything else at all is proof that I was wrong to some degree.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
Not performance art at all. What you saw on here at times was inferior Si. Can't really blame some of you for thinking I was ISTJ.

I figured it out b/c having now spent significant time in the company of INTPs in my comp sci program, I know I'm not one of them. My friends there are all either INTP, INTJ, or ISTP. There's one other ENTP and ENFP. I know which one I look like.

I just use Ne much more than Ti.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
No, you don't.

I'm sorry but you're fooling yourself. Just like you were so certain you were INTP, now you've convinced yourself you're ENTP. If you were wrong then you can be wrong now.

ENTP is the wrong direction. Neither Ti or Ne are in your top two. Not a single person in this thread rubbed their chin and thought "hmmm that could make sense". The only realistic scenario I can think of where you're an ENTP is if you've been trolling us this entire time, where you're vastly different from the personality you've expressed here on this forum.

I would consider the possibility of INTJ, or ENTJ, before ENTP. It's just nothing like you. You converge, and you set your heels in. Ne is divergent and ever shifting. This is the first time I've seen you change your mind in the entire year you've been here.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 11:50 PM
-->
What made you change your mind @Inquisitor? I don't really know you all that well so feel free to add detail.

hadoblado said:
You converge, and you set your heels in. Ne is divergent and ever shifting. This is the first time I've seen you change your mind in the entire year you've been here.
Is this Ni vs Ne, Si vs Ne, or just rejection of Ne?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 6:50 AM
-->
No, you don't.

I'm sorry but you're fooling yourself. Just like you were so certain you were INTP, now you've convinced yourself you're ENTP. If you were wrong then you can be wrong now.

ENTP is the wrong direction. Neither Ti or Ne are in your top two.

Do you know this guy in Real Life™?

Are you a qualified practitioner with at least a degree in psychology?

If not, kindly shut the fuck up.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
In all fairness, Hado, you're the one setting your heels in here. The reason I reject your "rejection" is b/c it profoundly, deeply annoys me when people think they can accurately type someone simply by reading their posts. The fact that you believe you're capable of accomplishing this with any degree of accuracy indicates you're basically clueless about this whole business. What do you actually know about me? Almost zilch. The only thing you've seen are my posts. I talk very little about myself in them either. Only my ideas.

@EyeSeeCold:

1) I was an extravert as a child according to my mother
2) I spent a lot of time with numerous INTPs these past six months, and I'm just not quite the same. It's close, and there's obviously a lot of common ground, but I just enjoy socializing much more. I get a lot of energy from interacting with other people.
3) I can't program for 8-9 hours a day. I need variety. I need stimulation. I work well in short bursts, but after 2-3 hours of intense coding, I need to do something different, talk to other people, etc. All of these things are hallmarks of Ne according to JH Van der Hoop. Egocentrism and impulsivity. I have them both in droves.
4) Lastly, and perhaps more importantly, thinking that I was a Ti dom just didn't feel right. It felt fake somehow. I feel much more myself thinking that I'm an Ne dom. TBH, I thought for a while that I was an Ne-INTP, but it's clear now that if anything, I'm a Ti-ENTP.

The question of whether or not Ne-ENTP and Ti-ENTP are discrete subtypes or at the opposite ends of a gaussian spectrum is not yet answered for me. It's pretty subtle stuff. Same goes for Ti-INTPs and Ne-INTPs. Certainly you find ENTPs that are short, stocky and somewhat on the pudgy side and really zany and talkative. I'm not as outgoing as one of those, or maybe I haven't learned to be just yet. If you look at me, I'm extremely thin. Built differently.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILE-ENTp/subtypes/

Somewhere between those is where I am.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Actually, I agree with hado in terms of inquisitor's forum behavior, but... who gives a shit? Claim what you want. Not sure why we needed to know.

.....I honestly was hoping for chocolate syrup and bean sprouts for a second act, but you can't win them all.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
Actually, I agree with hado in terms of inquisitor's forum behavior, but... who gives a shit? Claim what you want. Not sure why we needed to know.

.....I honestly was hoping for chocolate syrup and bean sprouts for a second act, but you can't win them all.

Nice...If you don't care, why post? I mean why not just keep your mouth shut?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Guys back to civility please.

@pmjpmj
I'm not far off a degree in psychology, but such a thing wouldn't help with this even if I was done. Qualified practitioner? lolno. I'm talking as a member of the audience to which he addressed his claim. He baited a response, he wanted to know what people thought. "I am ENTP, respond". If we're only allowed to respond with agreement it's not really a conversation.

No I don't think I can type someone off posts alone. I don't think I can type. I don't believe in type. But if I suspend disbelief and work within the assumption that MBTI is meaningful, I can point to basically every post that Inquisitor has ever made as evidence of his rigid adherence to perceived authority, stubbornness in the absence of perceived authority, holistic conceptualisation, convergent thinking, and inflexible world view then contrast that to the ENTP description and workings. As much as I could say anything about anyone from this forum on type, I am saying that Inquisitor is not ENTP. You can decide not to accept that review. That's cool.

This is the third time Inquisitor has invited speculation as to his type. The last two times were explicitly stated permission.

Also @others, for fear of this turning into a scuffle, please refrain from dogpiling. Obvious contentious topic is contentious. Don't make this a rap battle. Keep it constructive or at least pertinent.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
How does an Ne-dom not understand Jenny's comment?

Jenny's post = "Who gives a shit about his realizations?"

I could be wrong about that, but it sure sounded like it was along those lines. What am I missing about this?

@pmjpmj
I'm not far off a degree in psychology, but such a thing wouldn't help with this even if I was done. Qualified practitioner? lolno. I'm talking as a member of the audience to which he addressed his claim. He baited a response, he wanted to know what people thought. "I am ENTP, respond". If we're only allowed to respond with agreement it's not really a conversation.

No I don't think I can type someone off posts alone. I don't think I can type. I don't believe in type. But if I suspend disbelief and work within the assumption that MBTI is meaningful, I can point to basically every post that Inquisitor has ever made as evidence of his rigid adherence to perceived authority, stubbornness in the absence of perceived authority, holistic conceptualisation, convergent thinking, and inflexible world view then contrast that to the ENTP description and workings. As much as I could say anything about anyone from this forum on type, I am saying that Inquisitor is not ENTP. You can decide not to accept that review. That's cool.

This is the third time Inquisitor has invited speculation as to his type. The last two times were explicitly stated permission.

Also @others, for fear of this turning into a scuffle, please refrain from dogpiling. Obvious contentious topic is contentious. Don't make this a rap battle. Keep it constructive or at least pertinent.

This was absolutely not to bait a response. It was a purely a notification. I did not "invite speculation" as to my type. Here's what that would sound like:

"Hey guys, I think I might be an ENTP but I'm not sure, what do you think?"

Here's what I said:

"Turns out I'm not an INTP. Thought you guys should know."

Do ya see the difference? If you want to disagree, that's fine, but your evidence is pretty flimsy as pmjpmj rightly pointed out. Did it ever occur to you that inferior Si would be responsible for obsessiveness? I guess not.

I like everything and am interested in everything. Hence the (probably misguided) motivation to narrow down the possibilities.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:50 PM
-->
The question of whether or not Ne-ENTP and Ti-ENTP are discrete subtypes or at the opposite ends of a gaussian spectrum is not yet answered for me. It's pretty subtle stuff. Same goes for Ti-INTPs and Ne-INTPs. Certainly you find ENTPs that are short, stocky and somewhat on the pudgy side and really zany and talkative. I'm not as outgoing as one of those, or maybe I haven't learned to be just yet. If you look at me, I'm extremely thin. Built differently.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILE-ENTp/subtypes/

Somewhere between those is where I am.

This is sociotypes though, not MBTI types. INTP by definition means Ti-dom, not Ne-dom, and vice-versa with ENTP.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
You may very well be ENTP. It is entirely possible. If you were to ask my thoughts... Well, intuitively or based on an Si database this doesn't seem to make sense. Anecdotal as it may be most people seem to disagree with you on the type you say you are.

To cut things short in other words. There is about as much community agreement here as if you came in and said vaccines cause autism and since nobody is scientists they can't argue with you.

Now you may be entirely right however if everyone says you're wrong that should at least initiate some further exploration. I again extend my offer to judge you based on something other than your posts. While I can't guarantee any more accuracy at the very least if you were incongruent with your text personality it might shed some light indicating your claims are true.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

Seems legit to me.
If you don´t have something important to say, just don´t. Either Inquisitor is right or not Jenny´s comment changes nothing. To me it´s a waste of words ...and time...

just an observation

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Jenny's post = "Who gives a shit about his realizations?"

I could be wrong about that, but it sure sounded like it was along those lines. What am I missing about this?

You don't allow anyone to comment on what they think your type is and attack them for doing so. Why bring up your type if you do things to discourage conversation in regard to your type?

In all fairness, Hado, you're the one setting your heels in here. The reason I reject your "rejection" is b/c it profoundly, deeply annoys me when people think they can accurately type someone simply by reading their posts. The fact that you believe you're capable of accomplishing this with any degree of accuracy indicates you're basically clueless about this whole business. What do you actually know about me? Almost zilch. The only thing you've seen are my posts. I talk very little about myself in them either. Only my ideas.

Based on this reasoning, no one here can reject, accept, or redefine your type, so why did you make this thread? What is left to say? "Good job!" "I am glad you are exploring new possibilities" "Woo Hoo Oh Yay, go Inquisitor!"? I think you are on the wrong forum for that...

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ENTP forum members: Cognisant, TimeAsylums, Inquisitor.

:D

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->

@pmjpmj

No, this isn't how it works. You're meant to get pissy with me, and then engage me in an exchange of insults which start off reasonably witty, but eventually (and inevitably) descend into 'your mum' jokes.

This reasonable / reasoned response will not suffice.

I fart in your general direction.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

Also a side note quality of Jenny's post aside. There is a difference when it comes to not caring about what you say and not caring to tell you they don't care.

Someone might be posting their meals daily in a thread. If nobody says they don't care about it the person might continue forever. However if someone cares to let someone know what they don't care about it might be useful feedback. Alternatively it could be snobbery but I've never known Jenny to partake in such vile behavior. :rolleyes:

ENTP forum members: Cognisant, TimeAsylums, Inquisitor.

:D

Don't forget THD, myself and that other guy who said he was an ENTP.

I think there might be two ENTP's in that bunch.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Damn people are actually giving opinions about type even if just by saying no u are not entp, wish this happens in my type threads so fuck all of you.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
This is sociotypes though, not MBTI types. INTP by definition means Ti-dom, not Ne-dom, and vice-versa with ENTP.

I took the test. I know the difference between sociotypes and MBTI. Socionics has this thing called "sub-types" so there are two types of INTPs: Ti-INTP and Ne-INTP. Check out the link I posted before or just google it. Same thing applies to ENTPs: Ne-ENTP and Ti-ENTP. It just means that in one of those the dominant and auxiliary more or less "co-determine" the conscious orientation of the individual (well, to be precise, in both of them the dominant still has the greatest influence, but the auxiliary is more developed in one of them). So Socionics recognizes these two "types" as being on opposite ends of a continuous spectrum.

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=23902

Many ENTPs misidentify as INTP b/c they look at their behavior, which seems rather introverted and introspective and conclude that they are introverts. Actually though, you can be a very introspective extravert, and indeed I've read in several places that ENTPs are the most introverted extraverts. If you are kind of brooding like I was, then it can be even harder to tell them apart.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Damn people are actually giving opinions about type even if just by saying no u are not entp, wish this happens in my type threads so fuck all of you.

I don't know how to type someone pretending to be a feeler.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

When things seem obvious it's easy to weigh in. Also you've made so many there isn't much point and (while I wasn't here and still wouldn't be if I wasn't waiting for the mafia game to start) I can understand why people don't care anymore. In a sense you are the complete opposite of inquisitor in that you are influenced too much by others opinions.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Do you know this guy in Real Life™?

Are you a qualified practitioner with at least a degree in psychology?

If not, kindly shut the fuck up.

I think pmj was emulating inquisitor in this post, and personally wasn't attacking hado.

I was tempted to make a statement similar to JennyWocky's. Her "who gives a shit" was applied to everyone in this thread, and was affixed with "Let him claim what he wants".

Personally, I think your putting too much of a big deal over this typing stuff, to the point where it's unhealthy. In any case, I really can't see you as a perceiving type, you come across more as an extroverted judging type.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
cool please develop, u think i'm Fe dom?

I think you're influenced by or desire others opinions. I don't care what that means in type language but sigh. I guess I'll do something. It's possible you don't have a strong sense of self but that doesn't rule out Fi. Also an Fe dom would probably be more likely to influence others rather than be influenced by others. Although it goes both ways.

To be honest the reason I said that is because I have no idea what my type would be in this flawed system hence I did/do the same and looked to others to give their opinions however since the population was split in four to five different directions I decided to not care about it. So basically if I can't work out what I am using self or others how am I supposed to work out what you are if you are supposedly in the same situation.

That said if someone like Hadoblado told me he was an ESFJ I would be qualified to say no. Hence why I'm weighing in on inquisitor while not ruling out the possibility.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
I took the test. I know the difference between sociotypes and MBTI. Socionics has this thing called "sub-types" so there are two types of INTPs: Ti-INTP and Ne-INTP. Check out the link I posted before or just google it. Same thing applies to ENTPs: Ne-ENTP and Ti-ENTP. It just means that in one of those the dominant and auxiliary more or less "co-determine" the conscious orientation of the individual (well, to be precise, in both of them the dominant still has the greatest influence, but the auxiliary is more developed in one of them). So Socionics recognizes these two "types" as being on opposite ends of a continuous spectrum.

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=23902

Many ENTPs misidentify as INTP b/c they look at their behavior, which seems rather introverted and introspective and conclude that they are introverts. Actually though, you can be a very introspective extravert, and indeed I've read in several places that ENTPs are the most introverted extraverts. If you are kind of brooding like I was, then it can be even harder to tell them apart.

It's not like extroverts cannot introspect, the thing is introverts distort reality and reshape it until having another shit that's quite different from the original, this requires tons shit of time, lifetime perhaps, it's a ritual! while extroverts, in this case Ne doms, will stop sculping that idea or whatsoever to jump to the next one, they spend maybe days or months or miliseconds cuz they are about movement, this is what they enjoy.

An Ni dom will transform his vision into his way of life, cuz Ni compiles and blends and it posseses u, an Ne will be getting into tons shit of stuff, it expands, explodes, relates.
Si doms will see their "traditions", ideas of what sensorial stuff should be like, while Se doms will take stuff as it is, in the moment then jump to a volcano.
Ti will build this inmense all encompasing knowledge while Te will just take what it needs, the quickest scape, then erases the recycle bin.
Fi will build the epic moral code like some kind of 10 commandments while Fe will readapt to each situation, depending on what it demands.

This is what Jung said, word of christ, take it as u wish, read as much bullshit as u wish but the core of the theory is simple. Then to put this in reality shit gets twisted.
In fact i don't think he talked about Ti-Ne or Ne-Ti, correct me if i'm wrong cuz i never read the small letter, but instead he talked about a dominant and a repressed function. Probably he knew where he was getting in and decided to 180º and go back. Or stay there doing an eternal 360º.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
I guess you're an ENTP with a highly developed argument-from-authority function.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

I will give you this though. The EPs I've known they all seem to put themselves out there but at the end of the day get into an introspective mood and only have a couple or less people they consider close. With EFPs they remark that they "don't have real friends" and wait for someone to hit them up, while ETPs actively seek out that person.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
is this sarcasm or is it really a forum consensus? not that i've seen much of cognisant but he/she doesnt strike me as entp

I think some subset of people thought this at some point.

Partially because when Cog was made a moderator he went streaking through the entire modbox. :phear:

Local time
-->
I guess you're an ENTP with a highly developed argument-from-authority function.

who? me? and by highly developed argument bla bla do you mean Te? how does this work
(sorry for cluttering your thread inquisitor)
ENTPs are the most introverted extraverts.

nope that spot belongs to ENTJ imo

OmoInisa

Local time
-->
Did it ever occur to you that inferior Si would be responsible for obsessiveness? I guess not.

I don't think so. The inferior doesn't play that kind of compulsive role. Even in an unhealthy individual, it's still a hit and run kind of offender I believe. The tertiary on the other hand is a different animal. It really is very much the 'mobilising' function from what I've observed. It has the most potential for causing a mistyping. So the implied suggestion in some of the comments that you're ISTJ is understandable. You could very well be. And I would agree with them that it would be more likely that ENTP. But I don't believe it's more likely than INTP.

I like everything and am interested in everything. Hence the (probably misguided) motivation to narrow down the possibilities.

Why do you believe INTPs don't do this? The INTPs you described are in my view under-developed. They're essentially Ti monoliths. No grown adult of any type should be so unadulterated. And besides, if we're talking about the actual mechanics of coding, you could well have been looking at ISTJs and taking them for INTPs :)

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
You may very well be ENTP. It is entirely possible. If you were to ask my thoughts... Well, intuitively or based on an Si database this doesn't seem to make sense. Anecdotal as it may be most people seem to disagree with you on the type you say you are.

To cut things short in other words. There is about as much community agreement here as if you came in and said vaccines cause autism and since nobody is scientists they can't argue with you.

Now you may be entirely right however if everyone says you're wrong that should at least initiate some further exploration. I again extend my offer to judge you based on something other than your posts. While I can't guarantee any more accuracy at the very least if you were incongruent with your text personality it might shed some light indicating your claims are true.

I am taking everyone's opinion into account. I think what people see on here is my love of debating and arguing. It's very difficult apparently for ENTPs to admit they're wrong, and I think that's why I hold fast to my opinions. JH Van der Hoop explicitly stated that egoism is a big danger for this type, that they are ego-centric and also impulsive. I've been accused of being very "reactive" on here, and obviously, when someone tells me I'm wrong, it doesn't go over so well with me. ;) ENTPs are after all one of the most highly represented types among lawyers. Actually the specific numbers are as follows:

Self-selection ratio: 3.25
Survey sample size: 7045
Number of ENTPs in sample: 735

Compare this to INTPs:

Self-selection ratio: 2.09
Number of INTPs in sample: 485

Point is, I like to argue and debate and win. That's what you see in my posts. I would rather remain anonymous considering the fact that I've inspired a lot of anger on this forum in the past. Nothing personal, I just don't know you Gopher. You seem like a nice guy though :)

You don't allow anyone to comment on what they think your type is and attack them for doing so. Why bring up your type if you do things to discourage conversation in regard to your type?

Well okay fine. I really didn't expect there would be this much feedback, so go ahead. Discuss my type. Open season.

Based on this reasoning, no one here can reject, accept, or redefine your type, so why did you make this thread? What is left to say? "Good job!" "I am glad you are exploring new possibilities" "Woo Hoo Oh Yay, go Inquisitor!"? I think you are on the wrong forum for that...

Honestly it was just a notification. I didn't think anything would come of it.

@Hado: I retract what I said earlier. Just...no insults please. Constructive criticism only. Otherwise I'm bugging out again. ;)

Also a side note quality of Jenny's post aside. There is a difference when it comes to not caring about what you say and not caring to tell you they don't care.

Someone might be posting their meals daily in a thread. If nobody says they don't care about it the person might continue forever. However if someone cares to let someone know what they don't care about it might be useful feedback. Alternatively it could be snobbery but I've never known Jenny to partake in such vile behavior. :rolleyes:

Whatever. It's not worth my time to talk about her intentions.

I think pmj was emulating inquisitor in this post, and personally wasn't attacking hado.

I was tempted to make a statement similar to JennyWocky's. Her "who gives a shit" was applied to everyone in this thread, and was affixed with "Let him claim what he wants".

Personally, I think your putting too much of a big deal over this typing stuff, to the point where it's unhealthy. In any case, I really can't see you as a perceiving type, you come across more as an extroverted judging type.

Ok. Good to know. I certainly don't act, live, or think like any ENTJ I've ever known.

while extroverts, in this case Ne doms, will stop sculping that idea or whatsoever to jump to the next one, they spend maybe days or months or miliseconds cuz they are about movement, this is what they enjoy.

Lots of Ne doms create great things and focus intensively in one field. It's true they need a lot of variety (and so do I) though. Within that field they may bounce around a lot and work in a seemingly chaotic fashion.

An Ni dom will transform his vision into his way of life, cuz Ni compiles and blends and it posseses u, an Ne will be getting into tons shit of stuff, it expands, explodes, relates.
Si doms will see their "traditions", ideas of what sensorial stuff should be like, while Se doms will take stuff as it is, in the moment then jump to a volcano.
Ti will build this inmense all encompasing knowledge while Te will just take what it needs, the quickest scape, then erases the recycle bin.
Fi will build the epic moral code like some kind of 10 commandments while Fe will readapt to each situation, depending on what it demands.

Interesting interpretation. That's not quite how I would sum it up, but ok.

This is what Jung said, word of christ, take it as u wish, read as much bullshit as u wish but the core of the theory is simple. Then to put this in reality shit gets twisted.
In fact i don't think he talked about Ti-Ne or Ne-Ti, correct me if i'm wrong cuz i never read the small letter, but instead he talked about a dominant and a repressed function. Probably he knew where he was getting in and decided to 180º and go back. Or stay there doing an eternal 360º.

True. You have to disambiguate behavior from cognition. It's tricky.

I will give you this though. The EPs I've known they all seem to put themselves out there but at the end of the day get into an introspective mood and only have a couple or less people they consider close. With EFPs they remark that they "don't have real friends" and wait for someone to hit them up, while ETPs actively seek out that person.

Hmmm. I've seen the opposite. Case in point, a self-identified ENFP girl I work with now is snapchatting virtually every time she has a free moment. Extremely social in that sphere and probably with her friends as well. Another ENFP man I go to school with is basically like a golden retriever in terms of sociability and friendliness. Again behavior =/= cognition. I just may be a lot more neurotic and less open than those people.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
who? me? and by highly developed argument bla bla do you mean Te? how does this work

I am talking about inquisitor, of course

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Hmmm. I've seen the opposite. Case in point, a self-identified ENFP girl I work with now is snapchatting virtually every time she has a free moment. Extremely social in that sphere and probably with her friends as well. Another ENFP man I go to school with is basically like a golden retriever in terms of sociability and friendliness. Again behavior =/= cognition. I just may be a lot more neurotic and less open than those people.

That's what I'm referring to. EFP will heavily socialize then complain claim they don't have any real friends, but it's really them sticking themselves to everything to where their sense of identity is skewed, not that they lack people who would have their backs.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->

He was talking about me.

nope that spot belongs to ENTJ imo

What I said wasn't even precisely worded. I meant the "most introspective extravert." Could be ENTJ. The MBTI data suggests otherwise though. If their research is correct in that ENTJs are less common than ENTPs in the general population, then it would appear that ENTJs are far closer to the traditional caricature of extraverts than ENTPs. The reason I say this is because for executive and managerial occupations, ENTJs almost universally tend to have a higher self-selection ratio than ENTPs. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of ENTP managers out there and they are great salespeople, but not all of them are highly social. Also, ENTJs are not as well-represented as ENTPs among more "introspective" occupations like writing.

If you look at CelebrityTypes on the ENTJ page, there really aren't as many theorists, writers, and philosophers as on the ENTP page.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/entj.php

I don't think so. The inferior doesn't play that kind of compulsive role. Even in an unhealthy individual, it's still a hit and run kind of offender I believe. The tertiary on the other hand is a different animal. It really is very much the 'mobilising' function from what I've observed. It has the most potential for causing a mistyping. So the implied suggestion in some of the comments that you're ISTJ is understandable. You could very well be. And I would agree with them that it would be more likely that ENTP. But I don't believe it's more likely than INTP.

Again, if you knew me, the last thing you would think is ISTJ. I grew up with an ISTJ father. My roommate is an ISTJ right now. They're easy to spot once you interact with them. Anyone can be in the grip of their inferior for extended periods of time. It's not just a hit-and-run as you claim. The proof is that there are so many people with psycho-emotional issues. The inferior is almost certainly going to be involved in some way for most of those people. The way Si manifested for me was a preoccupation with my health, bodily sensations etc. And I was obsessive about it. I dove deeply into Ayurveda as a result. At one point I actually lost 20 pounds and looked emaciated and was on the verge of an eating disorder. Thankfully that passed after 6 months in my early twenties.

Why do you believe INTPs don't do this? The INTPs you described are in my view under-developed. They're essentially Ti monoliths. No grown adult of any type should be so unadulterated. And besides, if we're talking about the actual mechanics of coding, you could well have been looking at ISTJs and taking them for INTPs :)

Nope. They're INTPs and ISTPs for sure. They are one-sided in their development. But still. I don't really recognize myself in them. The one ENTP though...yup.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
I can't say Ne is about arguing and debating. The only thing consistent with Ne is that it's always changing it's mind. Ne's would have it the worst with indecisiveness, and self-doubt. It settles on an impression for a little while before hopping to something completely different.

What I perceive as most J-types is they'll love to argue. SJ's particularly picking a certain point and arguing it to the death, talking over everyone else, and seeing no problem with completely ignoring any other input that doesn't side with their own.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
I can't say Ne is about arguing and debating. The only thing consistent with Ne is that it's always changing it's mind. Ne's would have it the worst with indecisiveness, and self-doubt. It settles on an impression for a little while before hopping to something completely different.

What I perceive as most J-types is they'll love to argue. SJ's particularly picking a certain point and arguing it to the death, talking over everyone else, and seeing no problem with completely ignoring any other input that doesn't side with their own.

Check out this description:
http://www.celebritytypes.com/entp-description.php

Whereas ENFPs tend to be passionate champions of whatever they believe in - be it a person's potential or a political agenda - ENTPs place more weight on confronting others with their reasoning than on getting them on board with their conclusions, and in the eyes of people who want to know where others stand ENTPs may therefore seem both impersonal and irresolute. In general, ENTPs tend to think in terms of ideas rather than causes, and in terms of principles rather than value judgments...Although they are normally quite laid-back and easygoing, ENTPs can nonetheless be a bit interpersonally abrasive at times, especially in regards to intellectual matters...In interpersonal matters, ENTPs will often strike a challenging and humorous pose. In conversation they tend to bounce from subject to subject, making sly remarks and engaging others in playful banter. While ENTPs may be both amiable and personable, they are nevertheless more often interested in learning about people's thoughts than about the personal details of their lives. Hence while most ENTPs are friendly enough, they can sometimes come across as somewhat cold or intimidating since they are less interested in people than in the ideas that people are able to think up. In this way, others may sometimes experience a sense of uneasiness at the risk of being thought boring or tedious while around the ENTP.

Top Bottom