• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

If humans no longer require food to survive...

reloaded

Local time
Today 3:35 AM
-->
If humans no longer require food to survive and they will not gain weight from excessive calories, will there be an increase or a decrease in food consumption?

No, they will not feel hunger. No, they will not ever feel full either. Food will not have any effect on their body at all.

Edit: by increase or decrease in food consumption, I meant overall

Last edited:

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 1:05 PM
-->
My money is on an initial dip, followed by an eventual increase.

I think the current wealth distribution favours people going without more than people increasing indulgence. However, by removing food as a limiting factor behind population growth, we're eventually going to have such an enormous population that unnecessary indulgence outweighs this effect through sheer scale.

Interesting question.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->
It's not something you can simulate without providing a broader context for the society/other aspects of life.

I'd go with the assumptions that humans will be too addicted, too indulgent in other things to focus on food. A whole world connected to a virtual reality isn't out of the question.

Obesity / overeating seems to be an instinctual trap during abundance, genetics and culture. Though food will continue to be wasted in affluent places due to the low costs of production in relation to considerably higher costs of transportation disposal and recycling.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 4:35 PM
-->
Do people still pee and poop?

In a world where life's necessities are no longer necessary toilets may become less common which would make eating inconvenient, possibly even something society looks down upon.

You defecate, seriously? That's disgusting :mad:

reloaded

Local time
Today 3:35 AM
-->

In a world where life's necessities are no longer necessary toilets may become less common which would make eating inconvenient, possibly even something society looks down upon.

Haha, as I said, food will have no effect on human at all which includes the digestive process

Last edited:

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
Yesterday 10:35 PM
-->
I think it would make life much less of a pain in the ass because there would be less you have to minimally do to live. But how do you think that could happen?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 10:35 PM
-->

Amazing POST. I agree wholeheartedly!

Top Bottom