• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I found some funny quiz, "intersectionality"

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:09 PM
-->

It "scores" how privileged you are by scaling your sexuality, gender, language and religion.

I got a 6 lol
And I'm apparently 93% more privileged than others.

Something Random

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
You are definitely more privileged that I am.

I got 29, so 59% is more privileged than me. I'm living a hard, unprivileged life.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:09 AM
-->
ZS60Amx.png

Z0vnkFU.png

CatGoddess

Local time
Today 3:09 AM
-->
70, and 84% are more privileged than me? Yeah, right.

lightfire

Local time
-->
I got a 65. 83% more privileged than me. Kk

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:09 AM
-->
"We suggest every group meeting to begin with everyone sharing their intersectionality scores."

these guys are the real deal

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:39 PM
-->
How can I improve my score?
Unfortunately, you are born with most of your intersectional factors. However, you can make some improvement to your score by getting more involved with Islam or Judaism, donate all excess wealth to charity, or explore the wild side of your sexuality. The easiest way to improve your score, however, is to champion the intersectionality of your more-marginalized friends. You may award yourself up to 5 points depending on the level of your activism.

The thing is, something like this could be valuable for perspective if it were data driven, used meaningful concrete self-report measures, and gave responsible outputs in accessible language. Unfortunately it's pretty close to self-parody.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Worst test on the internet.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:09 PM
-->
The test tries too hard but I don't think the user made it to make a point or for comedic purposes. I think it's purely for the current sjw zeitgeist.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I actually am 2 thirds trans.
One-fourth native American.
I love who I am.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
@CatGoddess
It's communicated almost entirely in neoprogressive jargon spake that is too much even for most progressives.

Reading it again now I'm awake, I'm leaning toward straight parody along with Serac.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
intersectionality is a fascinating thing though, because it sort of explains the curious soup of opinions held by young people nowadays – in particular the combination of SJWness and anti-capitalism. Du Bois, the forefather of intersectionality, was a great admirer of Stalin, Mao Zedong, and Marx, and believed communism was the solution to racism. Interesting how the naiveté of one individual can echo through the times and shape the thoughts of a whole generation.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
@Hadoblado "jargon spake"? I really don't see any problem with how the website says what it has to say; I mean, if you think it's hard to comprehend then I suppose that's a subjective assessment. But I don't know why you'd assume everyone would have difficulty with it...?

Also, a parody? I'm not so sure about that. Where I live (large metropolitan area) everyone and their mother is a progressive, so naturally that's the most outspoken political group (harder for anyone to speak out against them or get offended without the rest of the political group shouting them down). And... uh... this website's content is basically the sort of garbage I hear every day.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
come on... if you have a low intersectionality score, you can "get more involved with Islam or Judaism"? this stuff is clearly a joke

lightfire

Local time
-->
Lol it goes up 30 points just going from white to person of color, and 15 points up from male to female.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
@CatGoddess
Even 'privilege' is jargon. It means one thing to one set of people and another thing to another set. This sort of talk risks alienating more conservatively minded people for which 'privilege' sneaks in assumptions they don't agree with. Maybe you're so submerged in abnormally deep and unself-reflective progressiveness that you can't see it anymore (the people around you that is, not your own thoughts), but most people who read this stuff without any supporting context are going to scoff and dismiss.

Let me frame it a different way. If you were making a parody of this notion, what would you do to make it more ridiculous without giving the game away?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Even 'privilege' is jargon.

as gaga once said (spoof)
if you ever have the privilege of meeting me it will be because of one of four reasons

you got passed the paparazzi
you're as famous and powerful as me
you work for me
I take pity on you (i.e. publicity stunt)

privilege is not black and white, it fluid (like gender)
the key point is that barriers prevent you from asserting influence in society
only white men could vote once, and so they got what they wanted first
the lord could kill his serfs and it was legal to do so, they were property as Marx Says.
Today it is slightly different but still the same, social capital is a privilege, money is one thing that can buy that, but money and talent is worthless if society still rejects you

if you can't get by on your merits that is the definition of low privilege (societal rejection)

insert inspirational movie trailer on perseverance
Green Book - Official Trailer [HD]

Local time
-->
@hado

i'm not sure what further ridiculing the concept will achieve since we seem to have a consensus that the original is itself indistinguishable from parody. i might be missing something..

it would be more productive to provide some of the "supporting context" for these derisible ideas you seem to be affirming

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I'm not saying we should ridicule it more. I'm saying that it can't be made more ridiculous, meaning it's likely parody. My post was a response to catgodess, who thinks it's not a parody, meaning there is not consensus.

Deleted member 1424

Ak you need to confine this type of thing to your personal thread. If it was accidental, posts can be deleted by the user for a period of time.

Local time
-->
I'm not saying we should ridicule it more. I'm saying that it can't be made more ridiculous, meaning it's likely parody. My post was a response to catgodess, who thinks it's not a parody, meaning there is not consensus.

catgoddess claims the thing is indistinguishable from reality. you claim the thing couldn't be made any more ridiculous so is probably parody. got it

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
I can see ways it could be made more ridiculous, but, yes, it's pretty dumb-sounding as it stands. I'm not saying that it can't be a parody; however, it still seems fully possible that the creators were serious.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Yeah it's possible I guess, I just don't read it that way. There're some pretty crazy people out there, but almost every time I hear about this level of thought enclave, it's someone complaining about or lampooning them. Essentially, they're referred to more than they are encountered.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Jall just btching cause you didnt know the right answers to the test. I got 96!

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 4:09 AM
-->
Lol it goes up 30 points just going from white to person of color, and 15 points up from male to female.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahha

ha.

Top Bottom