• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I don't know.

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Today 1:02 AM
-->
Perhaps this belongs here. Perhaps it doesn't.

I, like all other human beings, am complex. (Quite the selfish line, now, isn't it?)
How do you understand yourself? How do you understand the reasoning behind your actions? And if you don't, how do you ignore this problem?

Perhaps I think to much into it when I wonder if all my victim mentality and out-loud self-deprecation is all an act to draw more attention... Perhaps I think I have something wrong with myself because I want to have something wrong with myself. Perhaps I'm writing this post for a selfish desire to be comforted of some thing?

Sometimes I'd rather like to be accurately analyzed by a third party, because I am biased and confused about my thoughts on my cognitive processes. However, this means entrusting myself completely to an entity I am in no control of. The solution, I suppose, is to make some AI (that I'm in full control of) that can accurately explain the reasoning behind my thoughts.

Well, I currently don't have the ability to do that. Or perhaps I'm just too lazy to.
------
Comment: This is in essence a rant. Where does this thread belong, if not in some trash?

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 3:02 AM
-->
To make any assumptions or statements about yourself, you first have to trust your own judgement. If you can’t trust your own judgement, you also can’t trust that you can’t trust your judgement. So, you’re all balled up and can’t get anywhere.

Also, how is not knowing the reasoning behind your actions a problem?

Although, maybe I’m just a simple person, I don’t find my motivations and actions all that hard to follow.

I do understand how it is tempting to assume something is wrong with yourself though. This, I can’t really explain away easily. If there is something wrong with oneself, it just feels like a cheap cop-out. All thought would stop for me there. Like, “oh well, I’m sick, what can ya do shrug”. So, I just put that to the side for the unproductiveness of that thought.

Let’s say you got the answer to why you do all your actions. What would it change? Is it to just indulge your own curiosity? Is it a way to escape responsibility?

lightfire

Local time
Today 2:02 AM
-->
Apologies in advance for the dumb post. I'm not really sure if I'm replying correctly. I'm probably completely off topic, don't judge me.

I don't know what actions you're talking about. You'd have to be more specific. It depends on the actions. Aren't actions fueled by intentions? If you ignore the reasoning behind your actions, once again I'm not sure what you're talking about, actions can have consequences or result in another type of impact.

All I know is every individual has their own unique life, a life with ups and downs, we're all different with our own separate experiences. I'm done thinking or trying to understand everything. If you find you are having troubling thoughts, maybe you need to change your thinking pattern. Focus on now and the future. What's done is done, don't drown yourself in the complexities of life, its a waste of precious time and energy that could be used somewhere else. Move forward a day at a time with hope.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 1:02 AM
-->
I don't know.

me neither
i to wish to make some A.I. for self analysement.
could stem from emotional problems, most definitely emotional.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:02 AM
-->
self-consistency and homeostasis are vastly stronger instincts than self-improvement. A human would rather retain its flaws and complexes for the sake of maintaining a "self".

let go of the self, become the sum of your actions.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:02 PM
-->
Self knowledge is elusive but worthwhile because the ability to control oneself is the essential foundation upon which you take control of your life.

You cannot choose what happens to you but you can choose how to respond.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 7:02 AM
-->
In one of the Star Trek episodes this guy an old teacher of archeology brings picard this statue. Picard later says that these people believed that within each of us are little people inside us. There is just too many things to enumerate when it comes to ourselfs.

Brawndo

The Thirst Mutilator
Local time
Today 12:02 AM
-->
Growth isn’t easy. It starts with a dissatisfaction of the way things are in your life, then moves on to the why. From there, it goes one of two ways. Outside or inside. I’ve found that generally speaking, the inside shapes the outside. Most everybody wants to blame the people around them for their problems. That’s placing blame outside. It’s easy, but nothing will change. You are looking inside, and that is courageous. It’s not easy to objectively look at yourself without judgment or feelings of shame and regret. It’s hard to show yourself compassion, and at the same time, take ownership of the behaviors you wish you didn’t have. One of the hardest things to do is stare at your demons, name them, and exercise them from your soul. What I mean by that is to look at the things that drive you to do the things you do, and say the things you say. Look at the things you chase, and look at the things you run from. Most people chase comfort and pleasure, while running away from truth and accountability. Look at the things you run from. Look at the people who irritate you. All of that is a reflection of your truth. If you do it right, it will be painful. It will likely burn your world to the ground. This is where you rebuild. From here, most of the demons are gone. There is no chasing, no running. Just you..authentic and honest. Become less of the character in your storybook and more like the curator of your own library of experience. Everything at hand for Impartial reference. Good luck.

Top Bottom