• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

I am an idiot in relationships and dating (INTP)

Local time
Today, 22:49
Im not quite new in MBTI and in personality hacker. Ive done appropriate reading in the topic in forums, discussions and just internet texts. I figured I was INTP after I took the test in personality hacker but Ive typed in various ways in the last years. I thought I was an INFP, I wasn't, I was just trying to be one. From my last relationship and with reference to my previous jobs, I thought I was an ENTJ or INTJ because of my controlling, charismatic and "OCD" in efficiency; especially that Ive always been very judgemental or so I thought. I figured that my perspective changes once I assimilate enough experiences and facts, and then everything started to change in my own perception of things, of ideas and of people.

I guess thats what fucks us up all INTP, our wanting to see numerous perspective. When we refuse to see another angle in a situation, sometimes we miss the truth and reality and it makes us appear to be judgemental, but when we become more open to the possibilities, we become more vulnerable to lies, manipulation and indecent schemes. It is hard when to become very critical, when to see things as what they are, when to be skeptical, when to be more open and especially when to hope.

Hope is illogical for an INTP, but logic is not everything. but that's just me

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
Today, 14:49
The wall that INTP's make is a lot like a one way mirror. We put it between ourselves and the people we are trying to figure out, from the other perspective we blend in and look like they do, letting us observe their nature without being a significant effecting variable. All the while we look through the semi opaque reflective side and see both the subject and the reflection of ourselves, while placing ourselves in their shoes. We do all of this to find the most reliable data, taking ourselves out of the equation as much as possible while trying to perceive the world from another perspective.

An example of an interaction would be in an argument with an INTJ;
The INTJ creates a fortress of a wall to hide the inner self, and has prepared argument "guns" made of reasoning and loaded with facts. Heated debate between two people like this usually comes down to a comic like competitive show of guns *opponent 1 pulls out gun, opponent 2 pulls out bigger gun, opponent 1 pulls an even bigger gun* etc etc.

For an intp there is hardly any competition in an argument, we are just looking for reliable truth. So, when someone pulls out an argument gun we examine and reflect the gun, and show them that the firing pin is missing. Then the person ends up fighting against their own gun, not even against anything we have aimed at them.

If you really are an INTP; Do not forget who you are behind the mirror, you will get stuck, confused in a mirror maze with a million reflected images of yourself.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
Today, 23:49
When we refuse to see another angle in a situation, sometimes we miss the truth and reality and it makes us appear to be judgemental, but when we become more open to the possibilities, we become more vulnerable to lies, manipulation and indecent schemes.
^this fits the form of an extroverted judgement. I highly suspect that you are INTJ.

To elaborate a little... it has a judgement nature to it, in that it is expressing a truth, and that truth is expressed as a process rather than an A = B proposition of Ti, and it is also logical in nature (when this happens, this happens).

The first part of the post fits well enough with Ni, and the fact that the last sentence brings up the notion of hope is an indicator that it may be based in Fi.

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
Today, 14:49
/ The first part of the post fits well enough with Ni, and the fact that the last sentence brings up the notion of hope is an indicator that it may be based in Fi.
Only a sith deals in absolutes.

But yes that is very INTJ

Top Bottom