• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

HSS Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:50 PM
-->
The old thread and posts got deleted?? DAMN THAT!!!

Oh well, I was going to say, I can feel myself getting very bored with my current existence and the people in it (which makes me feel awful but that's just being honest). I need something crazy or spontaneous or just generally nutso to look forward to.

NB - for those wondering, HSS stands for High Sensation Seeker, you can do a quick quiz here:

http://ajeducation.com/psy/quiz/sen.htm

or read about it here:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug06/frisky.html

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 4:50 AM
-->
I'm a moderate sensation seeker acording to the test. I had to say no to skydiving and bungee jumping because falling to my death is one of my top 3 ways I don't want to die. Immolation and being eaten alive are the other two. (hey! thread idea!)

And what was the purpose of comparing the two drawings? Is picking that childish scribble somehow an indication of high sensation seeking?

I like high sensations in terms of flavors (habeneros anyone?). Going to places less traveled. Loud music. Those sort of things weren't sked.

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah that test looks a bit shoddy, there was another one I had on the old thread but I can't find the page anymore. That's why I posted the other link which is just an article about it - it was clear to me straight away after reading it that I am a high sensation seeker, mostly in the intellectual/emotional area.

I am drawn to the chaotic weird scribbling because it's, well, more interesting than the other boring one. Funnily enough, I've always hated "abstract" art with its squares cubes and circles - just seemed stupid and boring to me.

Android

Solyaris
Local time
Today 1:50 AM
-->
I'm a moderate sensation seeker acording to the test. I had to say no to skydiving and bungee jumping because falling to my death is one of my top 3 ways I don't want to die. Immolation and being eaten alive are the other two. (hey! thread idea!)

The top three ways you don't want to die are possibly the three ways I'd prefer to die. 1. Die in a fight with a mountain lion or grizzly bear (then get eaten). 2. Falling from a plain to the ground seems like it would be amazing.. watching the ground get closer and closer until Smack! - lights out.. a nice view before I die would be great. 3. Immolation - might as well experience a real hell at least once before I hit the dirt.. right before I died is the only time I'd like that to happen though.

Local time
-->
I got moderate. I never tried it but skydiving seems like it would be awesome. Had to turn down drunk and rowdy weekends. I can't stand my stomach getting tore up by alcohol on a regular or even irregular basis.

A free-fall from the upper atmosphere would be a sweet way to go assuming I wouldn't get burned alive. Getting burned alive would be awful. Freezing to death would also suck. Getting eaten alive would blow as well.

Android

Solyaris
Local time
Today 1:50 AM
-->
Hmmmm.. should I restate that I'm an insane HSS? I don't really feel like it, but maybe.. later. I've got an antelope skull to finish boiling.

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Time to rejuvenate this club: I despise non-HSSs even more than I despise sensors (ok maybe not, but still). List of non-HSS stuff I hate:

- the 9 to 5
- early nights
- plans
- slow drivers
- moderation in general*
- people who's prime motive is longevity

*moderation is actually a good thing, however breaking it's bounds every once in a while is where the fun is.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
^ Actually, I'd say that SPs, particularly ESxPs, are very often HSS. SJs, on the other hand, are probably much less likely to fit that mold.

I would also guess that xNxJs are often HSS, what with the whole Se revenge thing. I guess I could also see Ne working the same way though, certainly with the despising of routine and plans.

and YES, early nights are extremely depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom