• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How many of you were like this kid?

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 5:28 AM
-->
Like him how? I certainly liked to think and speak when I was his age. However, I did not possess such energy or that disturbing laugh.

-Duxwing

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 7:28 PM
-->
Like him how?

The way in which he views the world, analysed it and obsesses about solving problems.

I was "diagnosed" with autism by the elementary school's shrink and put in a class full of autistic children. Very similar to the kid in the video.

I certainly liked to think and speak when I was his age. However, I did not possess such energy or that disturbing laugh.

-Duxwing

The laugh was because he is a nervous public speaker. Making a joke when you're a public speaker and if you don't know whether or not your audience will find it funny, is absolutely nerve-racking for some.

---

I went to a BBQ yesterday with my old friends from the previous city I use to live in. Most of them are mathematicians or physicists. Being with a group of people with the same interests and passion as I was quite liberating. It is not too often I am with a group of people who appreciate novel ways of making pattern recognition algorithms more computationally efficient.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
The way in which he views the world, analysed it and obsesses about solving problems.

I was "diagnosed" with autism by the elementary school's shrink and put in a class full of autistic children. Very similar to the kid in the video.

Maybe you really do have it. Aspergers is on the Autism spectrum in the DSM-V.

The laugh was because he is a nervous public speaker. Making a joke when you're a public speaker and if you don't know whether or not your audience will find it funny, is absolutely nerve-racking for some.

He seemed to be laughing for some other reason, but I can't say what.

I went to a BBQ yesterday with my old friends from the previous city I use to live in. Most of them are mathematicians or physicists. Being with a group of people with the same interests and passion as I was quite liberating. It is not too often I am with a group of people who appreciate novel ways of making pattern recognition algorithms more computationally efficient.

I'm glad that you've found some good friends. Perhaps you all could set up an IRC for yourselves.

-Duxwing

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:28 AM
-->
Turrets and OCD is what I see. J/k. I know someone like this who hates math.

But very smart kid.

Why are physics important? I should know this I have to take physics.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Turrets and OCD is what I see. J/k. I know someone like this who hates math.

But very smart kid.

Why are physics important? I should know this I have to take physics.

If the philosophical underpinnings of science hold, then the laws of physics are the fundamental nature of ultimate reality.

-Duxwing

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 7:28 PM
-->
Maybe you really do have it. Aspergers is on the Autism spectrum in the DSM-V.

My first reaction is to deny it but...I was just reading the wikipedia page on it. :kodama1:

I'm glad that you've found some good friends. Perhaps you all could set up an IRC for yourselves.

-Duxwing

We regularly play online games together while conversing over team speak.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:28 AM
-->
If the philosophical underpinnings of science hold, then the laws of physics are the fundamental nature of ultimate reality.

-Duxwing

Theory or fact?

Top Bottom