• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How fast is Intuition?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:32 AM
-->
Let's just say that intuition is the rate at which ideas pop into your head, Ni or Ne. So the further down the function stack the less frequent "new" ideas/insights happen. An N dom/Aux will also have larger insights, more entangled and concentrated. Ne dom/aux will have large imaginations of inventions and worlds. Ni dom/aux will have predictions of future events and symbolic abstract hidden meaning. Sensors will infrequently be in a constant mode of idea poping (inventing/designing, world creation, predicting the future or seeing/generating hidden meanings) They spend most of their time in sensory data with Intuition as tertiary or inferior. Tertiary being on the edge it is almost as used as the dom in sensors but not as when intuition is in being in the inferior position.

I am not in the constant mode of Intuition as a Dom/Aux Intuitive so I am not an Intuitive. Manipulator suggested I am ISFP and it makes some sense. My intuitions are not fleshed out nor as complete as they should be for N dom/aux. I know my interior and exterior life pretty well, my head is just empty the majority of the time and I search for information that does not always bring up ideas. I cannot just generate ideas as fast as would be expected. That is why when I do have ideas I keep them in files on my computer because my ideas combine Ni-(Fi-Se) which is unique to Fi and Se together. Fi-Ni insights are hard to come by. Se creates a standard for Ni to live up to. Symbolic prediction into visual details that has feeling/meaning. A transcendent living video game world of rainbows or something. Because the code comes alive, reads your mind, creates objects that could almost be impossible. If it were possible to die from astonishment McKenna said.

So I do not use my Ni all the time but I understand things and that is why I look for information. I am not in a constant mode for N dom/aux status. I am so focused on stuff that means something also because as Fi I now realize something big is in the future that will match what I have waited for a long time.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 6:32 AM
-->
Generally intuitive informational metabolism is really slow compared to sensing. It's because sensing see data and remember it as it is, while intuition need to process data and then remember a final outcome (without details). Ni dominant people probably are the slowest thinkers, they need a lot of time and thinking to make a decision. Se is just other way, they can immediately react.
Example:
I and my ISFP friend liked cycling, and when we were crossing a road he always react immediately, he stops, or cross it. I need much more time, I look a few times, think whether it's really safe to cross... Now I make much quicker decisions in that context, but I remember the time, when we were young and the difference was obvious. (I developed some sensing [Se probably]).

The other thing is speed at what? Intuitive people are quick at grasping an theoretical concept or idea (Ni) or generate such (Ne). Sensing people can do it as well, but with much more time spent. The question is, do people use their strong functions to everything (I think yes) and ignore or rarely use inferiors, or they use every function in the right context?
Example:
When I'm cycling, do I use my low Se to see obstacles and avoid them or do I use my pretty good Ne to imagine what can happen and then avoid the unpleasant outcomes.
[imo both, but the latter is more common]

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I was mentioning intuition relative to itself but I can't just make intuition linguistic ability or I would be 60 times more Intuitive that the average person. Language is not prerequisite. Intuition is about having a realization, not a reaction. The more realizations you have the faster they should happen and that means the higher Intuition should be on your stack. Ni is inner realizations and Ne is realizations from the external world. A person having realizations all the time I would say has fast intuition compared to me who has infrequent realizations. And if it comes more naturally. Sensors would have infrequent realizations as compared.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
(Ni) You sit quietly and listen for Ni to tell you a response/answer to your question. You have a problem you need to solve and You focus on it but silently letting Ni tell you the solution.

Thinking is more algorithmic. It is conscious, Intuition is unconscious. So that means Thinking manually troubleshoots problems mentally. It sees impasses and finds the steps needed to overcome them. It is aware of what it is doing. Working it all out in its head.

Feeling is a conviction at the center of ones being. It compels you to act no matter what.

NiTe
Has realizations about the ways steps can be ordered to best solve problems.
These new better algorithms apply to the real world.

NiFe
Has realizations about people motives and why people do what they do.
This can be used to influence people good or bad, (they make good psychologists)

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 2:32 AM
-->
Ne dom reporting in.

Hell, if your definition of intuition is a new idea, then I would say it is VERY fast. What takes a long time (for me) is putting it into words. Following the ideas while speaking is pretty much an all-consuming activity for me as I try to wrangle my thoughts into understandable sense.

For example; I was talking with my father about grabbing some tea while he was out in town.

Him: “Ok, I’ll be back in about half an hour”

My thoughts: is there anything else that needs to be done while he is out there? Dog food? No we have enough. Cat food? No we have enough. His lotto ticket! Oh it is 7:40 now, they reset their systems in 20 minutes for an hour so it will be down. REMIND HIM HE CAN’T TURN IN HIS TICKET.

Me: “alright, oh you won’t be able to turn in your lotto ticket eh?”

End eg.

The caps is essentially the only thought that “boiled to the top”. And this was all in about the span of a second. My reply shocked me because I wasn’t even sure where it came from, I was thinking of other things at the time. I was also shocked because of the very confused look on my father’s face, haha. (He is an ESTJ, very A to B to C thinking) So I analyzed it for about 5 minutes after,I think I captured what had happened in the above.

This skill is very useful for my “hobby” of fixing friends + family’s computers. Troubleshooting power! Can imagine a list of 3 very likely things that could be wrong, 7 likely, 10 more possibilites, then 20 unlikely ones in about 30 seconds of hearing the problem. —I call it a hobby because I am seldom payed—

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Yes Ni realization are more linear getting A to Z by sequence all letters in-between.
Ne free associates and somehow that gets A to Z but you ad the Greek alphabet and Hebrew and Japanese alphabet. (Fee Association) then you get somewhere. Ne is only looking for connections for things that solve a problem if a it fits. It grabs at everything looking solutions because the problem may not even be defined. Like your dad needs a ticket but you only found that by searching all the possible problems and solutions. Ni is different. It is more like it has seen a definite problem now it must fill in the steps and all the contingent step leading up to this event happening.

To put this into perceiving terms Ni sees a convergent outcome from its contingent realizations A to B. Ne is divergent so a cascade of associative connections creates novel ideas when interacting with the world. Seeing a problem it associates so many things they pattern match a solution whereas Ni is more focused on perceiving where things are going like what will happen in the future. Ne is seeing what patens stick together in the present. Ni also thinks about the future and convergence as where Ne thinks about the new combinations and what they can do. (divergence)

(Ni) realizes the future and end points by observation making predictions.
(Ne) realizes how patterns fit together free associatively so fast they can solve problems and be creative in that way recombining seemingly disconnected things.

These are perceived so Ni is like an instant knower and look at the future and Ne is a creator and connector of ideas and things. Patterns. convergent, divergent.

Very fast.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->

There is also this, at about the 4:00 mark. For some good juice about Ne / Ni from Jung himself.

Ni is still quite a mysterious function for me to wrap my head around.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I have no images in my head.
I have no sounds in my head no words.
The links are invisible in my head.
But I do not listen to the inside as much as I should, to be quiet, not distracted.

I should listen.
Having no images/sounds made me look for a distraction.
The links work better after rest and being quiet but,
its not thinking because that is effortful.
With listening, the answer happens or it does not.
Effort in thinking eventually gets an answer because it trys all possibilities.
Some reason I just am bad at thinking (no images) so listen for answers.
The links self-organize but need rest I need to give them.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I have no images in my head.
I have no sounds in my head no words.
The links are invisible in my head.
But I do not listen to the inside as much as I should, to be quiet, not distracted.

I should listen.
Having no images/sounds made me look for a distraction.
The links work better after rest and being quiet but,
its not thinking because that is effortful.
With listening, the answer happens or it does not.
Effort in thinking eventually gets an answer because it trys all possibilities.
Some reason I just am bad at thinking (no images) so listen for answers.
The links self-organize but need rest I need to give them.

Interesting. Since they’re both essentially “unconsious” functions I can find myself in a similar situation. The answer is given to me, or it is not. If the answer to what I want isn’t “given” to me in .1s, it usually means I am going to struggle. And I will have to use Si and go step by step (from memories?). If I remove my thoughts around the thing I’m trying to remember it will eventually “come to me” later, even if I’m not focused on it any more.

I also need to work on the “listening” thing. But in a more literal sense. I listen to people talk, but I’m always trying to finish their sentence for them if they pause. I’m unsure how annoying it is, but it annoys me that I do it.

Edit: I am also really bad for “skim reading”.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Ni will transform and predict things from the inside.
Ne will transform and predict things from the outside.
Ni is self-contained where Ne gets more feedback from the environment.
Ni is coalescing the internal and Ne is derivating from the external.

The links are made but Ni links increases in density where Ne links connect to expanded outside world. Both are creating insights but one inside and one outside.
Ne is foreground, Ni is background just from the direction of focus.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Si tends to see what is consistent as in is sees current events and from past experience knows what will happen and if similar situations lead to the same outcome that connection is reinforced. but random events get remembered to and this is what Ne feeds off of. Anything different is stored in memory that Ne can transform objects in the environment with or even the entire environment. In Ni its memories are not random like Si noticing the odd stuff giving it to Ne. Ni has Se so Ni forms connections between high-resolution objects and environments this means Ni is trying to form a complete picture in Intuition. What it cannot see directly it fills in the gaps until it can see the real things in that gap. But this means in the Ni type is a high-resolution map of the world and even fictional maps given stories and symbols exposure, Archetypes are higher dimensions of all experience the Ni type have experienced such that the Anima in males is the female archetype that has many forms but the female in the male is one archetype.

All representations is in a higher representation of the female and this is what Ni does. It creates all representations into a higher archetype uber representation because the unconscious represents a higher dimension space. Ni organizes this space due to Se but Se can only add to a slice of a 4D existence not fully filled in. Ne has this higher dimension also it is just projected and more easily explored in objects and environments as random things combining together but not like the inner female representation essence but an exterior everything female could be, all female versions. Ni has a core female nature from all encounters with females. In higher dimensions, this is how Ni has is representations, as a core nature but still having all representation as multidimensional places to explore inside them. the real world being part of that they can have uncanny insights into the world from their inner map they fill the gaps in from.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Since introverted intuition happens and it is rather an invisible pattern finder and simulator. In my experience, I more look behind things, for hidden causes and also for the best solutions to problems. This requires not so much step by step calculations but quietly looking at the problem and then realizing what needs to be done. I am having a hard time with my smart A.I. system right now because it's not one problem but a system and all I have is some general principles. It is a little abstract because it is a big data architecture but I never did anything so large and intuition just doesn't help. I know how the brain works but not how to completely apply that to a smart assistant.

Sorry for the INTJ ramblings.
Intuition if seen as pattern problem solutions,
in INTJ at least is a hidden process that comes with answers out of nowhere.
Like I said I sit quiet and look at it, I do not calculate steps.
The problem I have now is the problem is too big to sit quiet and look at.
I have trouble when things get too big. So that's when I talk to people to get ideas.
When I have ideas I can organize them but I cannot just make an over al structure myself. I think INTPs are better at that. But I solve problems differently. I am more asymmetrical and INTP's are symmetrical problem solves. That is why they can create Structures and fill them in. I find patterns they would not be able too because I am dealing with random events and data but it is good to be more clean it is just that the fun is in cracking a puzzle not by extrapolating all steps but by feeling out the right way to do it. That's how I feel at least. INTP create structure and fill it all in. I am trying to see (by my current research) how a brain maps reality to change reality and itself with creatively. This is an asymmetrical process because reality is asymmetrical and change happens all the time so asymmetrical in time. I need a way for a smart assistant to grow in a big data structure to help people but I do not know how asymmetry fits in a computer structure. Lots of files and computers stuff I do not know. I know what happens in the brain but an assistant is the computer has no physical body.

I understand perception and a bit about manipulation. My intuition helped me get all this down thinking on why the brain does what it does.

So I sit quite and intuite things.
others do all the steps.
That's how I describe it.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
It’s probably a good thing you rambled in seperate posts. :p

If you had it all in one long-ass post I might have skimmed it and only read about 1/3rd of it.

Top Bottom