• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hola

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Bonjour a tous!

I've been lurking as I always do and I thought I would join the scuffle for once. I am 19 and male. I descend from a pair of illegal mexicans and live in California, USA. I'm currently going for a mechanical engineering degree and doing it horridly (shitty grades due to laziness/apathy). I discovered MBTI last year, but don't particularly remember how I was just using the internet. I also discovered enneagram types and tested 5w6.

MBTI has been great. Really helped me see me for who I am and get a grip on my apathy. I also suspect I have dysthymia and may be on the autism spectrum somewhere. I was smoking weed like it was heroine for the last year and a half. However, I've decided that I should stop as not only did I grow psychologically dependent on it and I reached some dark places:(

Anyways.... I thought I'd throw myself in here because I'm starting to realize I need to express myself the way I want to more, ya know? These social conventions are a draaag. I've come a long way and still have a ways to go. I want to learn, so teach me. Maybe I'll teach you as well?

LETS DO THIS:D

Frankie

Local time
Yesterday 6:42 PM
-->
Welcome!
How did you get a grip on your apathy? Teach me:)

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Welcome! I'm glad you've decided to say hi.

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome!
How did you get a grip on your apathy? Teach me:)
I don't really know, tbh. I wanna say that I really just needed to accept myself more and the apathy kinda left on its own? Self-love can do wonders... Honestly, I'm still generally apathetic. I'm very selfish when it comes to interests. I do what i want why i want. But when it comes to school like forcing myself to do homework and go to class I just need to remind myself that I already made the decision to put myself through college. Also, psychedelics are cool:smoker:

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 5:42 PM
-->
Hiya!

Whereabouts in California (rough location, if you don't want to share specifics)?

I'm on the north end of SoCal, myself.

Frankie

Local time
-->
Ahh, I guess we're all just finding our way as we move forward.
Psychedelics? I've never taken any drugs beyond prescription drugs:D

Do you have an area of specialization in mechanical?

Last edited:

Frankie

Local time
-->
No I don't really have a specialization within the mechanical engineering field. I still need more learning to do:)

Of course, we all do.
What year are you in?
I'm a second year Biosystems Engineering student.

I like your profile picture by the way, it plays neat tricks.

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yeah, 65 block. I'm not taking classes though, this year, and I'm probably moving away next summer.

Holy Bologna, I live on the 65 block as well(kinda). Why aren't you taking classes if you don't mind me asking?

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
Holy Bologna, I live on the 65 block as well(kinda). Why aren't you taking classes if you don't mind me asking?

I got sick of paying thousands of dollars for the 'privilege' of teaching myself how to do math on wikipedia while my professors blamed the entire class for the fact that literally one person got a passing grade on their un-curved midterm.

Also I don't see myself realistically putting any degree I might get to actual use. I've never intended to find a career in Mathematics, I just think it's interesting and fun.

Edit: Also I'm curious to hear your INTP opinion on IV. Do you like it here?

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Of course, we all do.
What year are you in?
I'm a second year Biosystems Engineering student.

I like your profile picture by the way, it plays neat tricks.

I'm also a 2nd year. I'm really interested in going into robotics and aeronautics was also a particular interest; however, here at UCSB they don't offer any aeronautical electives:(

I got sick of paying thousands of dollars for the 'privilege' of teaching myself how to do math on wikipedia while my professors blamed the entire class for the fact that literally one person got a passing grade on their un-curved midterm.

Also I don't see myself realistically putting any degree I might get to actual use. I've never intended to find a career in Mathematics, I just think it's interesting and fun.

I see.. I have a general hate for the education system and I'm taking out loans so I really need this whole thing to work out for me:/ They've got me in the system man... I'M TRAPPED LIKE A RAT

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
I see.. I have a general hate for the education system and I'm taking out loans so I really need this whole thing to work out for me:/ They've got me in the system man... I'M TRAPPED LIKE A RAT

Yeah, I managed to bail out before I needed to take out loans.

I don't know if you missed my edit on my last post, but I'm very interested to hear your opinion of IV.

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Edit: Also I'm curious to hear your INTP opinion on IV. Do you like it here?

The environment is nice. The people generally seem really shallow to me. Lots of spoiled people and what not. Which is really weird to me because I come from a small town with generally low income families. So, seeing all these people acting all different is so fucking bizarre to me. Everybody parties all the time. I used to go to DP with some friends but I soon decided it was not for me lol So I Stay here safe inside my little apartment

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
The environment is nice. The people generally seem really shallow to me. Lots of spoiled people and what not. Which is really weird to me because I come from a small town with generally low income families. So, seeing all these people acting all different is so fucking bizarre to me. Everybody parties all the time. I used to go to DP with some friends but I soon decided it was not for me lol So I Stay here safe inside my little apartment

That sums it up pretty nicely. I often refer to IV as a shithole, but that's like 90% because of the people. The town itself is actually pretty nice. It's just a shame that I've met very very few people here that I find capable of being likable in any capacity.

ole1kenobi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. IV is a shithole. I've met some decent people but I feel like I disregarded them due to my drug habits. I'm rooming with two other "stoners" whom I put up with only because of my blissful drug induced ignorance. I need to make better decisions.

Top Bottom