• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

hey

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:06 AM
-->
Hey all... I found this forum last night, and decided it was too addictive not to get involved a little bit. From what I can tell from the online MBTI tests I've looked at is that I'm definitely INTP naturally, but my T preference comes up a little weak overall. I think this is due to my freshman year of high school, when I decided on moral grounds that I wanted to care how other people felt. I went to a small high school, 80 or 90 to a grade, but due to the breakup of regular/honors/AP classes (US school system thing) I didnt really get to know more than 40 or so really well. I doubt now that there was a single other INTP among them, and I just got used to no one understanding my ideas--if there was even ever an opportunity to share them.

If I had to pick a defining trait for people to pick me up by... it's probably "never what it looks like." Whenever people try to analyze my motivation, it's almost never anywhere close to accurate. Concrete example? One of my friends told me that someone who didn't really know me very well asked him if he knew why I was so sad all the time. In fact, I just look at things the way they are. Reality is sad... people living out short lives, blinded by the culture in which they grew up, taking things for true because someone "who knows better" told them so (If there's tho things that I hate, one of them is advertising in the US. It's all based on selling products and services almost entirely based on image and reputation... curse Pepsi and Apple forever). I suppose these thoughts give me a sad-looking demeanor, but in reality I'm quite content. The things that were mistaken for sadness are really just qualities of introversion and intuition.

I was stunned when I took the MBTI test and read the description of an INTP. Like I said, I went to a small high school... so I just assumed I was unique. I'm still sure I am, but even the general information of this type was so specific that it actually surprised me. That was the first time in quite a long while that I've legitimately been surprised... and excited. I look forward to looking over and joining in on some of these threads... they look fascinating. I'll keep it up unless it looks like forum conversation is replacing real people conversation. I personally find the latter a lot healthier, as it prevents me from hiding behind the fact that no one here could actually know who I am... since if there's only one thing that I hate, it's hypocrisy.

Cheers

PreAlgebra

Local time
Yesterday 10:06 PM
-->
Welcome to the community.

Branding and consumer culture is annoying. It has turned into buying products for what they say about our identity rather than the products functionality. Apple and Pepsi are very guilty of this.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
Today 1:06 AM
-->
But what would I do without my Mountain Dew or my Ipod...

It's not necessarilly a bad thing, its just always been so damn rampent in America. As Mic Jagger said "I can't get no satisfaction"

Aphasia

Local time
Today 1:06 PM
-->
Welcome, cryptonia. It's nice to meet you too (A former english teacher of mine hates the word 'nice'. It's too ambiguous). What do you mean by forum conversation? Insults and general stupidities? If you are, look somewhere else :)

Also, don't give me funny looks for saying this, but I feel oddly cheerful sometimes when I think about human stupidity. Perhaps it's because I've become a hardcore fatalist.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:06 PM
-->
Hi cryptonia, welcome.

Top Bottom