• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Help me type an old teacher?

Stephen Hawking

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:38 PM
-->
I've started to become friends with an old teacher of mine since he started working at another school. I've been wondering what his MBTI type is, but I'm fairly new to this so it's been difficult.

Basically he's a giant nerd. He said he had friends in highschool but he was never really close with them. He took AP everything, and excelled particularly in AP calculus. Now he's an AP history teacher. During assembly's and the like he usually sits off to himself and doesn't do any of the cheering. The only reason he went to football games was because he got extra money for it, and he thought "if students see me walking around they'll think I'm relatable." I assume he's an introvert.

he told me that we were very similar, except he never played sports. He dresses okay most of the time, but I think that's probably his wife's doing. Sometimes he wears red and blue together, and somebody once told me that those colors don't match. I wouldn't know anything about that though.

In the classroom he was very organized and in control. I'm pretty sure he was the leader of his department, too. When the trouble kids started acting up he definitely yelled at them and was not afraid to use profanity. Most of the time he was pretty relaxed.

I don't know that it has much to do with anything, but he's not religious. Very reserved guy, but also very good at encouraging people, which is often necessary when someone can't handle the pressure of AP. He takes his job very serious, unlike most teachers I know, and keeps very organized and put together.

I don't know enough to type him, but if somebody could walk me through their thought process on it that would be wonderful.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:38 AM
-->
Yea that's not enough.

Does he strike you as an introvert or an extrovert?
That's usually the easiest to gauge outwardly.

Does he look like an introverted thinker? Introverted thinkers can often be spotted by the way the retreat into their own thoughts quite uncontrollably - sometimes, like mid sentence lol.

Is he all strict will rules and time keeping? Is he punctual himself?

Does he bore you with unnecessary details, or is quite abstract in his explanations?

I'm no expert either, but I figure it would be nice if someone replies to you :p

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
Today 12:38 AM
-->
Sinny is right, despite being our resident non-INTP claiming to be INTP.

I vs. E is the easiest to identify. Do they seem at home talking with lots of people or do they retreat, preferring more one-on-one conversations?

N vs S is probably one of the hardest to nail down. This is how they perceive the world. I like Sinny's idea of listening to how they explain things. Lots of seemingly irrelevant details will be more S.

T vs F can also difficult at times. This is how they prefer to make their decisions. F will bring a more empathic, human view to their decisions with statements like "They can't fire her, she's a single mom! What's she supposed to do?" even if it's the right business decision because she's been stealing.

P vs J is normally pretty easy to spot. P's tend to be more disorganized, plan less, and keep an open mind towards timetables. J's the opposite.

I put this together kind of hastily, so take it for what it's worth.

Stephen Hawking

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:38 PM
-->
With some thought, I've decided he's definitely an introvert. Judging over perceiving. I'd say he seems very intuitive, but tough to tell. The only bit I'm struggling with is thinking vs. Feelings. Although, I bet he's a thinker because one time I came in the room crying during his break, and he seemed very unsure what to do. He put forth a feeble "it's okay", but in the way only a thinker would. So that I guess puts him as intj. Hmm. I think there's something about dominant functions that I should be looking at, but I don't know anything about that.

Top Bottom