• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Help: Criminal/Legal/Political

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 9:53 AM
-->
Hi, im kind of in a bind so i would like advice i could take from you guys

My dad runs an audit firm. He has assignments from different states etc.,
Recently while auditing some government department, he discovered some possible fraud and swindling, so he withdrew his audit report and pointed the issues out in a letter to the department officer-in-charge so as to absolve his legal responsibilities as an auditor.

That was 3-4 months ago. After that some letters were exchanged about the matter accepting his resignation from the audit position.
But today, while he was out on his morning walk some person approached him and told him that he is a well-wisher and advised my dad that he should probably leave the state.
There might be politicians, high ranking government servants and policemen involved in the issue. My dad wants nothing to do with it, and he doesnt care what is happening and has no interest in revealing or reporting anything and wants to get done with the topic.

Because obviously assaulting us would just escalate stuff

My dad's main issues is if say,
Someone, even possibly police plants some drugs in his car or in our house and frame us for political motive.

I dont know like what you can do for preventing politicians/police to frame you,
the issue isnt too concerning but the fact that someone followed his daily schedule and even know when he is in town (he travels out of the state half the time), is a bit unsettling, so i want to just take precautions.
We thought of installing cameras in the car and at home, but if someone is determined they can frame us in spite of that.
And given other domestic and economic issues we are having we do not want to spend too much time worrying on some idiots threatening us

Any advice, especially with preventing someone from planting drugs or something in our house/car
Also, what other way do you think it is possible to frame someone say framing for murder or something,
(not professionally, because he has very clear and professional work and documentation it will be too difficult to plant something professionally)

So, well thanks for your advice

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:23 AM
-->
Seek allies who can provide protection.
Only safe bet IMO.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 6:23 AM
-->
Would it make sense for them to do anything in this case though? They probably realize that if they "frame" him for anything, he'll just say "they framed me because I found their fraud shit". I would just say "fuck you" to them and go on living, and knowing that if anything happens, the cat is gonna be out of the bag.

Actually, I would tell them that if I see another dude approaching me in the morning, I will send all the fraud files to every newspaper, news station and all kinds of government branches out there.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 12:23 PM
-->
I think they're not planning to frame him, they're threatening him and coercing him to disappear or worse...

You might want to keep a lawyer handy.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Save the money for a lawyer or fleeing the country from political imprisonment if need be.

If you aren't rich enough to have private bodyguards or to be players in that game, you don't really stand a chance if someone influential wanted to frame you. Helping either of the sides means becoming a pawn for a time and then usually being destroyed.

Depending on how far that affair has gone, if they didn't deal with your father immediately after he left it means that they couldn't, or that they didn't want to. The next possible time they will want to do something about it is when the conflict ends and the winning side will gather all evidence and sweep it under the rug.

Not much you can do to predict or prevent that, though you can have your finances on separate accounts or maybe ways of living in a different region so that they can't reach you.

General advice is not to meet new people, especially not to invite them to the house or when they want to be friends out of the blue.

If your dad isn't a politician I doubt they'd want to find a way to imprison him, they gain nothing for it, he can still testify and he will be under police authority and protection. Unless they'd like to blackmail you for money or target someone out of personal hatred.

Seems likely they want to remind him of the threat and keep on a leash, they may want to coerce him if they feel confident or see some profit in it.

Possibly you're just paranoid about the whole thing and needlessly let your imagination suggest the darker scenarios.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
What's the update on this?

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 9:53 AM
-->
meh, nothing happened

Turns out the low level employee involved in the scam was the one who met my father. My dad met a secretary in the ministry, and confirmed it.
Cos its just a low level employee and not anything political we dont care, that guy must just have been scared about his job. Frauds/scams happen all the time
He left that assignment after that

Top Bottom