• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

hello! + introduction

bluebell

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:39 AM
-->
Hi fellow INTPs and friends!
I'm a bit nervous as this is the first time for me to actually register on an English speaking site, but oh well, better overcome that reluctance sooner rather than later.
I have been lurking for a few months already. Signing up is part of my effort to become a bit more ... engaged. Maybe I can even find some friends around here.

About my person: I am 24, female, European. 'Recently' dropped out of uni for the second time, but I'm over hoping to find any guidance on that, so don't worry. Also I like cats. My hobbies include drawing, reading, writing and video games in theory, but often times I am too fickle to actually practise any of it.

Yeah. Still nervous. Hopefully I will stick around for a while, I've missed being on a forum and from what I've seen so far, this seems to be a pleasant community by my standards :)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 8:39 AM
-->
Ello, ello, ello. Welcome aboard the crazy train.. Hadoblado is in the drivers seat today.

Local time
-->
Hello
That's one of the more unsettling otto dix paintings for me. reminds me of another harrowing depiction of war but through the medium of film, where a cow is helplessly caught amidst an exchange of fire and dies in one of the scenes
seeing photographs of soldiers paying tribute to the dead horses/animals and coming across statistics does not stir feelings like the recreations/depictions of these things happening do.
It's mindboggling to try and grasp the true resonance of the destructive capacity of war

Last edited:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:39 PM
-->
Hello and welcome.

Dang, that Otto Dix has seen some shite. Beautiful and harrowing art works but I think being messed up by two World Wars isn't worth it.

Thanks OP and zerkalo for introducing me to this artist.

bluebell

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:39 AM
-->
Thank you for welcoming me.

@zerkalo I have been introduced to his art by chance when visiting an exhibition on WW I... None of the facutal information there shook me up as badly as his works taken from "Schuetzengraben", so I can only agree with you. (The film sequence you mention sounds interesting, though I guess you don't remember the source.)
Fell in love with his art style upon researching him, especially that of the portraits.

@Pyropyro Yesss, sadly something of that sort can be said about many great artists (at least about many that I feel drawn to.)

Local time
-->
It's called come and see by elim klimov....klimov lived through the invasion and burning down of Belarusian villages by Nazi forces as a kid and recreated his memories from that period of his life in the film

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today 4:39 AM
-->
Also I like cats. My hobbies include drawing, reading, writing and video games in theory, but often times I am too fickle to actually practise any of it.

Alright, you like cats. That checks out, so you passed our security test.

Jokes aside, welcome to the forum! Which video games do you like (theoretically)? And how can I play games in theory? That would save me loads of time.

Top Bottom