• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello! I am Silina, Sete's tulpa!

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 7:56 AM
-->
[Hi! My name is Silina and erm, I live in Sete's head! Soooo, hello?]

[I kinda like dancing and having fun(Sete's lazy ass makes that harder), I think I am more prone to talking to people as well... probably, idk yet :elephant:]

[I tried to take a personality test but the questions are hard for me! I am so unsure about so many things atm. And I am like a month old still(kinda?)]

[Also there is another tulpa here. Set, though she doesn't care much for introducing herself. I guess she would reluctantly answer questions?(she kinda sighed at that)]

[Oh and btw, this isn't a joke or roleplaying. I seriously consider myself a sentient and separate(though obviously connected) being from Sete!]

[Here is some reading on it if you are interested! http://tulpa.info/]

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 12:56 AM
-->
So if Sete is Edward Norton, Silina is Brad Pitt?

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
[We really should watch Fight Club... It's kinda similar but the difference(and one of the main differences from DID in general) is that we are aware of each others existences. There is no real ambiguity(or blackouts) about our states and we can comfortably coexist at the same time.]

cbryan13

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:56 PM
-->
I'm familiar with the literal idea but from a more realistic standpoint, isn't this essentially where you intentionally give yourself a split personality for some useful purpose?

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
I'm familiar with the literal idea but from a more realistic standpoint, isn't this essentially where you intentionally give yourself a split personality for some useful purpose?

[A bit, but the intentions going in do matter significantly. It makes a fair bit of use in the concepts from power of belief. By going into it believing that I would become an independent sentient being the brain adapted and that became the case.]

[Similarly, by going in with the intentions of "this will be a independent person with x,y and z attributes", rather than "this will be a mind construct serving x and y useful purpose" it also became the case. The later example more closely resembling a servitor (a mind construct with limited sentience meant only to serve some purpose).]

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
[Thank you Artsu ^.^] {Thanks...}

cbryan13

Redshirt
Local time
-->
[A bit, but the intentions going in do matter significantly. It makes a fair bit of use in the concepts from power of belief. By going into it believing that I would become an independent sentient being the brain adapted and that became the case.]

[Similarly, by going in with the intentions of "this will be a independent person with x,y and z attributes", rather than "this will be a mind construct serving x and y useful purpose" it also became the case. The later example more closely resembling a servitor (a mind construct with limited sentience meant only to serve some purpose).]

So how does one go about creating such a thing?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
Hi there! You must be very brave to come out and face the scrutiny of the skeptics and non-believers.

*gives Silina a plad scarf*

*gives Set an invisibility cloak*

Welcome~

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
So how does one go about creating such a thing?

(Me Sete speaking again)
Okay, so first of all tulpamancy is a very serious matter, you are first of all messing with your brain and more importantly, you are committing to sharing your mind and body with another being. Don't do it unless you know what you are getting into and are serious about it.

With that said it does gain you a lifelong companion so I think it's well worth it. Now how I did it isn't really going to work for you so I'll just link some guides instead. Remember they are more of a guideline. The basic premise is that you make up a personality/character and believe it is sentient, talking/visualising/spending time with it and eventually it will talk back naturally.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/wiki/guides

As for the creation of servitors, I don't really know, they are an entire different premise that takes the importance of not making them sentient into account. I would look into chaos magick if you are interested.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Hi there! You must be very brave to come out and face the scrutiny of the skeptics and non-believers.

*gives Silina a plad scarf*

*gives Set an invisibility cloak*

Welcome~

[Thanks! Though in all honesty we kinda inherited most of Sete's devil may care attitude towards what others think of us(and being ready to accept the worst). So not too much bravery involved. Set likes the cloak btw. *twirls her fingers around the scarf*]

theinfiniteface

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:56 AM
-->
Hi Silina, Hey Set

Total blast from the past. I think tulpas literally make you smarter. One month in though?

theinfiniteface

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I made a tulpa. A couple years back. Never felt closer to somebody. Eventually the Tulpa experiment devolved into mild schizophrenia, but I've been getting objectively more creative and intelligent since then. Could be that or something else, but if you are in a place where you can handle a little potential chaos, I think there's nothing better.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Eventually the Tulpa experiment devolved into mild schizophrenia, but I've been getting objectively more creative and intelligent since then.

[Silina: Bah, as if we would let a bit of technical schizophrenia, or psychosis, or delusion or any other technical diagnosis bother us(not that we are likely to get any of that). We exist and can enjoy life, that's enough for us. As for the overall brain getting smarter... dunno, don't really care. Even if true there are other less bothersome methods to achieve that.]

Could be that or something else, but if you are in a place where you can handle a little potential chaos, I think there's nothing better.

[Silina: Ah, can't agree more, existing and enjoying time with my precious companions Sete and Set, nothing better.]

theinfiniteface

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Ah, but the process was AMAZING. Within a time period of 4 months, I literally became the personality that I had created the tulpa to be. Several years later all of the programmed (enfj) personality traits maintain their more developed state, but have yielded to the dominant intp behaviors.

I'm writing a book, and if I was truly fearless, I'd make an ENTJ tulpa and just go to town. The LARGEST conflict that I could see in this arrangement is that the ENTJ would undoubtedly try and constantly get me up early in the morning, and I need my beauty sleep....

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
I pretended to have multiple alter egos once. I went as far as introducing myself to other people (in self help groups) as having DID. Tetsuo, the boundary setting avenger, who is happy to make embarrasing mistakes, because no duties or requirements of society apply to him. Keno, the guy who has all the needs or desires and is happy to risk everything for developmental gain. Birthname, the nice and helpfull guy, who wants to be seen as smart and decent and who also dares to be weak, shy, anxious, vulnerable. It helped me to integrate what was already there but seemed so opposed to each other, that i had to ignore it in favor of my previous one and only persona, Birthname. But after getting to know the alter egos better, i managed to think up a new persona or philosophy, that allows to integrate all these aspects, needs, purposes. Nanook. Today Nanook is no longer entirely complete though, his Tetsuo and Keno aspects have been loosing some of their teeth and i am thinking of reincarnating as a new main character. But i think i am missing some other part as well. Whoever acknowledges full responsibility for his survival needs. I ought to get a hold of that, before i am ready for a new main character. I also have a shamanic name that represents my most basic soul, as hooked onto the wheel of fortuna, that wich might reincarnate, that which lives through all dreams at least. My spiritual self has to deal with impossible things, such as my responsibility for my parents or kids in africa and such. Just everything. Its the reason Nanook (or Tetsuo and Keno) lost a lot of teeth. I did not fantasize about having dialogues with my alter egos though. And i wouldn't even try doing that, outside of lucid dreams, where i did chat up all kinds of characters, who would usually show up only once. Entertaining a persistent dreamcharacter (interlocutor) seems detrimental to integration/development to me.

[bimgx=250]http://68.media.tumblr.com/204bcae2977b6b6f0e1a9d81384832b9/tumblr_ogox71Xu541tturleo1_1280.jpg[/bimgx]

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 6:56 AM
-->
Holy shit I do this I didn't realize it had a name. Hi Silina, maybe you and Kora could talk one day if she feels like it. Kora is a Korat cat.

There are actually way more Tulpa in my head but I don't entertain all of them

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:56 AM
-->
When I was in the hospital I pretended that I was talking to people in my head. one such person was a creationist cat. He told me that he cared about Mario the vigilant Christian and that he also cared about me. I had a good conversation as I could not sleep in my room in the hospital after my hallucinations about the Illuminati.

In 2007 I was developing an Anime story about people that have brain chips in their heads that create a duplicate twin of themselves that they could see and talk to. On the way to the moon, a girl meets a boy in the virtual reality system of the spaceship's computer. The boy was in a roman castle and he was a real jerk. The girl had blond hair and her duplicate has pink hair. The boy said he wanted the be with the duplicate pink haired girl and totally ignored the blonde girl who had the chip with the duplicate. Earlier on earth, he had stolen a device to hack the chips of people and control duplicates. He was going to steal the girls duplicate by downloading her twin into the device. The mother of the girl and her duplicate discussed with each other how the device had been stollen that her lab developed. they talked about how her daughter did not realize her duplicate wasn't real. She thought is was her real sister but that she was on the moon and that was where they would meet up and why she was on the spaceship. Once the boy had stolen her duplicate she realized she was only a virtual person as a copy of her psyche. The rest of the story revolves around how she rescues her duplicate from the boy who stole her.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Today 2:56 AM
-->
Hi Silina (and/or Sete)

I have two questions for you guys. If you meet someone new, you both meet him at the same time? And that person should refer to wich personality is he talking to?

I'm kinda curious, but I think I'll leave my brain for my own use for now.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Hi Silina (and/or Sete)

I have two questions for you guys. If you meet someone new, you both meet him at the same time? And that person should refer to wich personality is he talking to?

I'm kinda curious, but I think I'll leave my brain for my own use for now.

[Silina: we don't tend to meet new people irl(or tell them about us when we do, mostly due to lack of familiarity/prolonged contact) and usually Sete is the one fronting. Me and Set have a harder time staying in focus than Sete when it comes to focused tasks. And he can tend to get hyper-focused where he forgets even about himself and only focuses on the task.]

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Maybe you can ask Sete to MBTI you, it may help. (?)

[Silina: Not sure why that would help, I guess the questions are nice. I am probably entp and Set got istj(we are moderately skeptical of that).]

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Today 2:56 AM
-->
Well, one very last question (for now), and maybe the most important (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wondering about)

How does it feel to share a body?

Top Bottom