• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Give it to me straight, doc

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 2:58 PM
-->
My identity is interlinked with INTPforum.

I have a simultanouelsy grandiose and modest perception of myself.

I need to know how special I am.

What effect do I have in the grand scheme of things.

I need a realistic appraisal.

None of this "we're all special" and none of this "nothing means anything in the grand scheme".

Give it to me straight, doc.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->
I think you should care less about what other people think.

You just got a degree in maths. Chances are you're clever.

You're looking for affirmation from people on the internet. Chances are you're useless.

How special does that make you? Not very.

How big of an effect do you have in the grand scheme of things? Depends on the scale you're talking, but on the ones I'd intuit you're interested in, not a very big one. It's just unlikely really.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I think you should care less about what other people think.

accurate

You just got a degree in maths. Chances are you're clever.

Eh, it doesn't say much about me

You're looking for affirmation from people on the internet. Chances are you're useless.

how serious was it anyway?

How special does that make you? Not very.

vague

How big of an effect do you have in the grand scheme of things? Depends on the scale you're talking, but on the ones I'd intuit you're interested in, not a very big one. It's just unlikely really.

We need realistic predictions, not vague likelihoods! What is this?

Also, how can I change this?

I want has do big change of thing, is much wow how does? https://intpforum.com/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:58 AM
-->
I know the feeling. But we cannot do much else than commit ourselves to certain projects and believe that we are headed somewhere.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 10:58 PM
-->
My contributions hold encryption prophecies.
They are keys to objects in higher dimensional space.
Someday they will be unlocked.
And people will wonder about death by astonishment.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->
Dust.jpg

You need to find your own reason to live. No one else can provide it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:58 PM
-->
I know the feeling. But we cannot do much else than commit ourselves to certain projects and believe that we are headed somewhere.

This is really good advice, but prolly really hard to follow.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
haha guys don't take me too seriously but I really am curious as to whether anything of greater significance is taking place on this forum. or has taken place

you know, with all these claims of these great works being done that will change a lot of things you know? then i try to find my place in it all

but you know, maybe it's just my personal story. maybe it's not that meaningful in the grander scheme. no i don't mean super grander like change da whole world, but bigger than typically assumed. ?

just looking for some recognition of what is occurring, if anything is.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->
what would you think is occurring?

You're posting on a forum with barely 10-20 active members, and active means posting a few times a week. (We have more than that, but I'm talking about folks who you can depend on seeing posts from a few times a week.) I'm not sure I'd categorize any posts as life-changing. Meanwhile, the world has 7.2 billion people or more in it.

So if anything wonderful is happening here, it's likely happening inside individuals / inside of you, where we cannot observe.

And if you are doing something to impact the world at large (or whatever your definition of "great" is), it's off this forum as well and thus only you know about it.

I'm not really sure what you are asking or what kind of affirmation you are looking for. It's just kind of vague.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 10:58 PM
-->
haha guys don't take me too seriously but I really am curious as to whether anything of greater significance is taking place on this forum. or has taken place

you know, with all these claims of these great works being done that will change a lot of things you know? then i try to find my place in it all

but you know, maybe it's just my personal story. maybe it's not that meaningful in the grander scheme. no i don't mean super grander like change da whole world, but bigger than typically assumed. ?

just looking for some recognition of what is occurring, if anything is.

I definitely know that I have affected segments of the web by what has been written here. Google is like a giant supercomputer that connects files together by relevancy. I google my own thread titles sometimes just to see the changes. Machine learning is highly utilized. Search results for my threads create a category and they can calculate the relative distance from other categories. Like friend clustered on facebook but instead, Google goes by concepts ideas and personalization. every human and the data they create has a distance from all other data and people. This unlocks the data streams of bleed over when you look or anything it may come from a person a certain distance from you because of what you search and novelty of the similarity that comes from normal searches. A novel search means Google needs to find people not like you in normal search to give you what you want.

The big thing happening is personalized search and the data on INTP forum has a distance to people looking for information that may be found on INTP forum. Also, Artificial Intelligence is working on making clusters better at representing all people. Google home is the result of Google's knowledge graph. Soon they will have a knowledge graph about you and will become very personal. A model of the individual online is happening and will come into our lives bit by bit. It will find people that think the way you think and also find people that think differently but are still compatible.

I call this higher dimension knowledge space. It is part of the A.I. system that will predict your next move and thus answer questions before you ask them.

Top Bottom