• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

gender role test

Local time
Today 10:15 AM
-->

quelle surprise

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
vertical-chart.png

Look at how stereotypical I am, I've been VICTIMIZED by society's conditioning

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 7:45 PM
-->
42-39 - Undifferentiated-Androgynous

I'm a bit dorkish but I'd describe myself as presenting masculine. I do however prefer woman friends who seem a bit more grown up in the ways that matter to me - so this result doesn't really surprise me. I have a very strong focus on people and my academic and working life are fem-dominated.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 11:15 AM
-->
I had difficulty with some, like strong personality or yielding. I may perceive myself more masculine than I am. I had barely interacted with ppl lately. My score 50% masculine 6% feminine.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Likable -> I assume this is a feminine trait :silly:

Moody -> obviously feminine. Women PMS all day all night making them typically moody. I guess man flu also qualifies. Shit, this is complicating matters.

loyal -> this is so masculine; loyal little doggies

compassionate -> obviously a feminine trait. why would burly men have any interest in being compassionate for their fellow humans or animals? See rock. Crush said rock. Feel good.

Got 36 and 19.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
56% masculine and 36% feminine. I think I am more feminine than this and could have answered better on some questions. I evaluate myself spontaneously at 50-50.

Deleted member 1424

That test had a bad case of 'women are weak' and 'men are monsters.' The pathetic anti-science justification at the beginning was just face/palm.

Lame.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 5:15 AM
-->
Casually feminine.
I mean, I guess?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->

I'm casually masculine. Yeah I'm pretty chill, I would agree. I didn't think it was too biased, at least when you consider the mainstream perspective that this is likely built on.

moody

Local time
Today 3:15 AM
-->
That test had a bad case of 'women are weak' and 'men are monsters.' The pathetic anti-science justification at the beginning was just face/palm.

Lame.

The lame-ness was the point. I think. (I've been trying to say "I think" less, but when I don't say it it feels like my answer is more committed than I feel).

I got more of a "damsel in distress" (or damn-sel) and a "macho man" vibe.

Hopefully these gender roles will become less prevalent as time goes on. As it is, I think most people would be somewhat in the middle. Unless you're @Serac, apparently.

moody

Local time
-->
32-36: Undifferentiated-Androgynous

Don't particularly identify with most of those words. Except "moody." I am moody. Probably what set me off four points in the female quadrant.

moody

Local time
-->
Casually feminine.
I mean, I guess?
View attachment 4871

The test was just a bunch of random, stygmatized words where you clicked on a degree of green or red. You're pretty high up there on both columns; your values must be pretty balanced in terms of which "gender role" they fall into.

moody

Local time
-->
vertical-chart.png

Look at how stereotypical I am, I've been VICTIMIZED by society's conditioning

The feminists knew you were taking the test, and purposefully made it so you would get 0% feminine to show you how biased you are to make you feel stigmatized. Don't fall for it!

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->

Lame.

Are you saying women are not likable and moody, while men are not loyal and willing to take a stand?? You monster!

rlnb

Local time
Today 6:15 PM
-->
Im probably a amoeba with a tiny dick attached

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:15 PM
-->

kind of expected it to be split roughly even, although perfect split on two high scores wasn't

makes sense though

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:15 PM
-->

Pretty sure it's a partial product of my upbringing where a bunch of traditionalist rednecks people tried to force me into stereotypical gender roles. So one may at first perhaps consider the result somewhat rebellious/repressed. But consider also that I have a naturally strong scientific mindset, coupled with a tendency for selfishness and ambition which I guess is traditionaly regarded as masculine. I also don't have gender associations with concepts like loyalty or devotion (I had to ask someone), and have always considered myself loyal as well as devoted (aren't they the same thing??) in terms of things/causes/people I believe in. Perhaps that's just an English language thing though seeing it's not my mother tongue.

I prefer being physically female though, and I have a preference for men with feminine traits/looks, and have occasionally felt attraction to androgynous women. The Danish model Freja Beha and performance artist Dorian Electra are good examples. My ex was almost a spitting image of me, he was considered "effeminate", and me being somewhat "strong, silent type" so we sort of seemed very alike but also somewhat atypical in terms of gender roles. Anyway, people often used to ask if we were siblings, which was kinda funny in a slightly creepy way.

From all this I'd speculate that humans are pretty much a-gendered naturally, but that historical societal and cultural structures based on physical strength, biological/reproductive life histories, family and survival has by necessity polarised the sexes in terms of gender, which of course would be a typical result of human intellect. Now that prosperity and technological advancement have rendered physical strength and gender roles less important, it follows that the concept of gender would also become subject to gradual deconstruction.

We are the gender we feel, but gender is nevertheless a human construct, and the things we associate with gender seem arbitrary. Looking at fashion and the youngest generation it also appears that more and more are saying "fuck you" to gender roles, or conversely; they are making a piss show through their hilariously rebellious masquerading as exaggerated stereotypes. These kids are the future and there's nothing stopping them from doing whatever the fuck they want, which I find exciting,

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
seems like the test intends to measure moreso how people respond to the given stimulus in the first place tbh

or is that too charitable an interpretation of the testers

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
Honestly that test is too basic, like If I took it again I could probably simulate 100% male or female on this test since the stereotypes are easy to discern.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
i think that's the point though?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
the only problem with it being so obvious, is that you will subconsciously choose your outcome.

We are the gender we feel, but gender is nevertheless a human construct, and the things we associate with gender seem arbitrary. Looking at fashion and the youngest generation it also appears that more and more are saying "fuck you" to gender roles, or conversely; they are making a piss show through their hilariously rebellious masquerading as exaggerated stereotypes. These kids are the future and there's nothing stopping them from doing whatever the fuck they want, which I find exciting,
Im excited too.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
What.PNG

This test actually asked me how happy I was.
WHAT!?

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 6:15 AM
-->
1652878990494.png

Undifferentiated-Androgynous.​

I could never do most female roles such as nurse or teacher, I just can't do roles male or female, I am a spirit, I don't understand how you can reduce yourself to a role as pure spirit.

But if I have to try, I go with Geologist or Accountant because you can work on your own with slightly more masculine roles. I don't see myself as moody, good at soothing though, often yielding peacemaker, but not always, and very good at problem solving.

Top Bottom