• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Forum Mafia Game #2

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:02 PM
-->
If I had to choose Helvete, Happy, and PMJPMJ, my votes on Helvete.

In doing a username filter search, Happy, and PMJ's line of thinking/narrative throughout the game all adds up, and compiles. They seem to always explain themselves.

Doing the same thing with Helvete only yields suspicions on hado, questions on why bronto should/shouldn't be lynched, and questions about what people think about him.

But couldn't there be a chance all three of them were also innocent as well? They could all be mafia too, I really can't tell.

After reading red's read on reluctantly, that made perfect sense to me. I'm not going back to the cheeseums/Blaurran thing, which I'll admit was really stupid. It was all just a gut thing.

Stupid bronto.

I don't see how Jenny got off the hook so easily though.

I don't consider Jenny off the hook, but out of the people who've been inactive/had apparent issues with other commitments, she's been making a concerted effort to do stuff.

She hasn't flaked at all when she's said she wants to do stuff and to me she has the same PmjPmj stupid-but-not-mafia read that I had for him. Except Jenny's actually a new player and I doubt she'd play it that way more than I doubt it for Pmj. To me they're both basically the same player at this point (in terms of output, not personality) but I have a higher (about 70% vs. 50/50) scum read on one than I do the other - so I don't want to lynch Jenny.

I don't have her on either a high scum read, nor being really inconsistent and weird Town - so I don't want to lynch her.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
OK so what's your view? Because I just don't see it as very pro town taking in the context of the game.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:02 AM
-->

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
OK so what's your view? Because I just don't see it as very pro town taking in the context of the game.

You know of barnum statements (Forer effect?). I tried setting it up so that my thoughts and feelings were ambigious and could be applied to either me actually thinking your town, or that your mafia.

You're taking the bait into thinking that my statements indicate you as a mafia personality. You're identifying with that personality description more.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Bronto's an arse who has put Town at a disadvantage (presumably, most likely probability). He's gone, dead, let's forget about bronto, shadow cart.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:32 PM
-->
Urakro you're trying too hard to be clever. That shit dunt work in mafia. You invest a lot of effort for what equates to hearsay.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Urakro you're trying too hard to be clever. That shit dunt work in mafia. You invest a lot of effort for what equates to hearsay.

That's all opinion, where's your facts/case?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Well it works if you're simple clever.

Anyone have any questions for me? Untypically I'm not sure what to say at this point and don't want to stop the current conversation.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well it works if you're simple clever.

Anyone have any questions for me? Untypically I'm not sure what to say at this point and don't want to stop the current conversation.

Ohh now your unsure?!

Not good enough, you're suspicious.

Scum reads, now please.

:rolleyes:

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Pssht I assume that's sarcasm. Basically I've given my thoughts entirely and I'm not sure if it's helpful saying more unless something obvious pops up.

If you are serious let me know.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->

It could be partly true though (what I just said to helvete). Though it does sound dumb, and like I'm trying too hard, I can definitely see that.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Haha, I was semi serious... As always, I leave the proverbial ball in your court.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:02 AM
-->
It could be partly true though (what I just said to helvete). Though it does sound dumb, and like I'm trying too hard, I can definitely see that.

Sounds like panache. I can picture you twirling your mustache after you say it.

I don't recall the posts in question, which means I don't recall the context either. Forer's a funny thing.

PS. It's 1:44am here, bitches, do you know where your children are?

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
There's two hours left, and there should be more progress in us getting a lynch. Considering how many people may be online.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Don't let him deter you, as always his greatest offerings are those of self doubt. He makes a number of people question their own sanity. Luckily, my sanity is insanely untouchable.

I think I'm coming to learn that this is just Hado, and not just Mafia (in any context) Hado.

I read you, like I read Eyes. I'm here to support you.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
You'd think... although one of the apparent issues is that we have missing players. Hence, not as many vote casters either.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Sounds like panache. I can picture you twirling your mustache after you say it.

I don't recall the posts in question, which means I don't recall the context either. Forer's a funny thing.

PS. It's 1:44am here, bitches, do you know where your children are?

It's 06.50 here, and mine ain't been born yet. But just on cue, the cat's come in, lolol.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Well there's technically 6 votes on Happy if you count hado shadow voting. So if one more person votes for Happy we could get a lynch at anytime.

Hado how's the case coming along? How much time do you need?

The concerning thing though is that there isn't much activity on other cases which could imply mafia aren't working hard to stop this one. However with 7 votes assuming RB is on Happy(?) there is still.... 6 people not voting for him. This is another reason why I hate majority lynch because it makes people afraid to vote and you can't see when people would otherwise be unanimous. (unanimous would be bad day one unless someone is 100% obviously mafia)

But I'll stop ranting at Majority Lynch.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Can we please get a 6th vote on Happy? (and no more)

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
You'd think... although one of the apparent issues is that we have missing players. Hence, not as many vote casters either.

Yeah this is actually a fairly big problem more important to note than my rant on lynch format.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Don't let him deter you, as always his greatest offerings are those of self doubt.

It's not even that I was deterred, I wasn't serious about it from the beginning. It's way too late in the game-day to go all retarded questioning like I have been doing (and probably can't do anymore).

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I'm almost done analysing one post! :D

2700 words XD

I might have to post the partial case, but it's not like I can't continue it later. It's the most important post analysis IMO. I might be able to get more done but there will be no full filter dredge (thankfully).

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 7:02 PM
-->
Urak asked how my job went earlier (can't remember where). It went well but isn't the most socially enabling work and often have to work during inconvenient times.
I was free for hours yesterday and then no one said anything until I was busy again...

Happy is my biggest suspicion as of now, as he offered absolutely nothing except for saying he was commuting with low battery and that he would post later, which he didn't. This was a day ago, still nothing. I know he is busy but this is just avoidant and really needs to be addressed as it just seems like smoke in the mirror atm. I would be happy for either a lynch here or bronto to get rid of lurkers. Zerk already pointed out bronto will probably get mod killed so I would prefer to send a vote on Happy.

Zerks main point on me is trying to lynch bronto out of the inactives, which I just pointed out simply isn't true and is a misunderstanding of what had been conversed between hado and I. I wanted to know hado's reasoning on why a lynch on bronto in particular would be bad. He gave an answer, which I actually disagreed with for the most part, but left anyway as most of it didn't matter that much at the time. Any lurker lynch for me would have been good.

It's good cheeseum found a replacement and here Blarraun comes waltzing in pointing fingers at Urak and I with little more than just fuzzy logic. He pointed out two dynamics and just said out of the two groups we would be the most likely scum, why?
Are we the most convenient candidates out of the two groups? I can see why a scum blarr would jumble the numbers to show why I would look scummy and send a vote my way. The Zerk rolling scum twice has been addressed, it's perfectly plausible and shouldn't be dismissed as unlikely, because it is just as likely. I don't know how alignment would affect jenny's play when you consider her outside game pressures and dislike reaching for those straws.

Why is Urak a likely scum candidate? This I really want explained as others have expressed.

Thank you. You've offered a lot more than Happy and Happy is no where to be seen. Doesn't mean he's mafia, but I find it incredibly strange that Zerk is tunneling you over Happy. And she won't address you after this post, despite putting a vote on you. Is she protecting Happy? Maybe, who knows. I'm really surprised nobody has gotten on her, but me. I keep trying to see her as Town, but it NEVER adds up.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Asking permission to vote on happy...

(In case 2 people do it at the same time)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I didn't realise Happy had 6 votes , in my world I was the second. I must be over looking a lot of stuff on this phone

Local time
-->
ok im back
i just looked at happy's posts...i think i can now put some thoughts into words
i feel more inclined to lynch helvete because
happy has been playing like a lynchbait, idk if the thing at the beginning(the defense stuff) was him trying too hard but i feel like happy can do better than that if he were mafia. also fooling around with pmj when he knows he hasnt provided much content does not help him. idk...reckless play over all and i still think it's similar to his last game.
helvete on the other hand was playing more the silent contributor. between helvete and happy, helvete made more effort to appear townish. i guess that's what makes me inclined to think he should be lynched and not happy

i feel like noone's really convinced by what ive said so far but whatever :P

Local time
-->
also want to point sth i just remembered after reading reluctantly's last post. idk where but i recall urakro claiming he tunneled me. that's bullshit, reluctantly is the only one who did

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
The first vote is a sacrificial lamb Zerk. At this point it's more important that we have a certain lynch than that it's the absolute most optimal, so if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be *too* concerned. Having not done a full filter dredge, I would also prefer Helvete just off intuition, but I'm okay with Happy, who seems like he could actually flip red even if he doesn't give us the best information.

That said, if your vote isn't on Happy, do not place it on Happy now, since we're still awaiting Urakro's move.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
I'm almost done analysing one post! :D

2700 words XD

I might have to post the partial case, but it's not like I can't continue it later. It's the most important post analysis IMO. I might be able to get more done but there will be no full filter dredge (thankfully).

You're joking that this is just on one post right?

Thank you. You've offered a lot more than Happy and Happy is no where to be seen. Doesn't mean he's mafia, but I find it incredibly strange that Zerk is tunneling you over Happy. And she won't address you after this post, despite putting a vote on you. Is she protecting Happy? Maybe, who knows. I'm really surprised nobody has gotten on her, but me. I keep trying to see her as Town, but it NEVER adds up.

Oh I've totally been thinking that. But the thing is if Zerk is protecting happy then when happy dies the result will be something we can use to look at zerks behavior in greater light. Where as if we lynch zerk there's not connection to happy going the other way. (happy protecting zerk, well at lest not obviously I'll need to check if he suspects her.) Long story short connection cases are best day two and the potential connection case works best if happy's role comes out first.

Also tl;dr if zerk is scum protecting happy that means happy is scum anyway so I'm not gonna change my vote to her until it happens.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Players
1. PmjPmj - 0
2. Reluctantly - 0
3. Helvete - 1, zerkalo
4. Redbaron - 0
5. Hadoblado - 1, PmjPmj
6. Jennywocky - 0
7. Bronto - 0,
8. Sinny 91 - 0
9. The Gopher - 1, Happy
10. Cheeseumpuffs/Blaruran - 0
11. Happy - 6, Jennywocky, Gopher, Reluctantly, Sinny, Helvete, Urakro (Hado has a shadow vote on happy and wants to case the last vote on don't cast the 7th vote)
12. Zerkalo – 0
13. Urakro – 0

DO NOT VOTE ON HAPPY AS HADO WANTS TO VOTE HAPPY LATER FOR THE LYNCH!

(feel free to vote on other people)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Are you sure you wouldn't rather be sharing more bawdry tales of Greg and his acrobatic antics versus torpedoing the Gopher in Twilight phase? Lolz. Maybe later?

... thanks for that, btw. Had no idea you were actually still playing him. The fat man is apparently still singing, as well as bounding about.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
ok im back
i just looked at happy's posts...i think i can now put some thoughts into words
i feel more inclined to lynch helvete because
happy has been playing like a lynchbait, idk if the thing at the beginning(the defense stuff) was him trying too hard but i feel like happy can do better than that if he were mafia. also fooling around with pmj when he knows he hasnt provided much content does not help him. idk...reckless play over all and i still think it's similar to his last game.
helvete on the other hand was playing more the silent contributor. between helvete and happy, helvete made more effort to appear townish. i guess that's what makes me inclined to think he should be lynched and not happy

i feel like noone's really convinced by what ive said so far but whatever :P

lol, you think Happy playing lynchbait makes him look town? It doesn't even make sense. And that he can do better as mafia. Wow, so that's a better lynch than someone that's actually participated and explained themselves in a way that's consistent with Town motivations.

hmmm, can we lynch her instead of Happy please.

UNVOTE Happy
VOTE Zerkalo

Sorry, but you're either a bad town or mafia. I'm leaving it at that.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Oh I've totally been thinking that. But the thing is if Zerk is protecting happy then when happy dies the result will be something we can use to look at zerks behavior in greater light. Where as if we lynch zerk there's not connection to happy going the other way. (happy protecting zerk, well at lest not obviously I'll need to check if he suspects her.) Long story short connection cases are best day two and the potential connection case works best if happy's role comes out first.

Also tl;dr if zerk is scum protecting happy that means happy is scum anyway so I'm not gonna change my vote to her until it happens.

Fair enough. But I'd rather trust the cop to do their job and get rid of people with a high probability to be mafia. I said it before that I don't think most people here are capable of being an active mafia and not showing serious suspicion. Well,,,my vote's on Zerk. It's not changing.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Okay im going out now but I'll back shortly in a couple of hours. i didn't want to rush this post but the whole point is i want people's opinions on this so the earlier I post, the better

Wtf was this post sinny?^ clearly you went through the trouble of going back and looking for the post and post number, and yet you missed the second line in my TWO LINE post that says I had yet to receive a role pm from QT at the time? This just reads like a forced filler question but ANYWAY

And WHAT to you. I know you hadn't received your role yet hense why its dubbed the 'jest vote', I just wanted to know if you had anything further to say about a potential link between your original jest post, and your immediate suspicion of Jenny.

Personally, I read Jenny as null, having a laugh, getting her bearings. But you thought she was suspect, based on, from my POV, nothing. Bar a jest vote.

Last game's sinny took the counter intuitive approach to playing and played by first identifying certain people as strong town reads, and then reading the rest of the players according to their stance on her town reads. Like I said, this is the counter intuitive thing to do and is what tipped people off to her townliness.

?? Isnt that the idea? 'Tip' people off to the fact I'm Town? Lol. Dafuq.

she also stuck to her guns throughout, so this did not clash with her forum persona
This game's sinny did not have the same approach, in fact she's playing very normally I guess...

Lul again. Let's not be to hasty. You're raising my suspicions.

and she's not adamant about any of her reads. Not really a scum tell, but it's not helping her look good either

I'm not really adamant about any aspect of life. But I am adamant that Urakro's Town, adamant that I'll lynch, and adamant that you're now a suspect.

Nuff 'adamants' for you?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Oh shit really.

Zerkalo you get a free pass from this BS by placing your vote on Happy now.

Reluctantly that looks scummy as fuck to destabilise the lynch like this now. It's like you're trying for a no lynch. That said, do not shift your vote back until it's safe. I do not want you two double voting and ending the phase.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Well, no I guess you're right. But still...how do you guys just ignore her?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Oh shit really.

Zerkalo you get a free pass from this BS by placing your vote on Happy now.

She never did that...

Reluctantly that looks scummy as fuck to destabilise the lynch like this now. It's like you're trying for a no lynch. That said, do not shift your vote back until it's safe. I do not want you two double voting and ending the phase.

I'll vote Happy if required for 7 votes, but I don't want people to ignore Zerk. That is all.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Players
1. PmjPmj - 0
2. Reluctantly - 0
3. Helvete - 1, zerkalo
4. Redbaron - 0
5. Hadoblado - 1, PmjPmj
6. Jennywocky - 0
7. Bronto - 0,
8. Sinny 91 - 0
9. The Gopher - 1, Happy
10. Cheeseumpuffs/Blaruran - 0
11. Happy - 5, Jennywocky, Gopher, Sinny, Helvete, Urakro (Hado has a shadow vote on happy and wants to case the last vote on don't cast the 7th vote)
12. Zerkalo – 1 Reluctantly,
13. Urakro – 0

Okay you can vote on happy again if you want just be careful when you do it.

See now this is interesting! Again I would say all the reasons Zerk is looking scummy for only work if Happy is scum. If happy is not scum and zerk is she would never want the pressure on herself to go against the grain like this unless she didn't want to be associated with a town lynch.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
He's saying he'll give her one if she votes on Happy. Which... I assume only applies for this day because other wise it sounds weird.

1 hour and 30 minutes left til End of day.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Oh also wanted to say I actually really like this kinda destabalising as long as we still get the lynch in the end because we can get so much more information off of it. That said destabalising when people aren't here to change vote is not generally good. but most of the voters are here I think. (and also it messes with hado which could be bad if people double vote again)

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Well, no I guess you're right. But still...how do you guys just ignore her?

I have asked her and she has ignored me and then come out with her latest shit about happy as lynch bait. But right now we need a lynch and if Happy flips red we have a very strong connection to zerk.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
You know of barnum statements (Forer effect?). I tried setting it up so that my thoughts and feelings were ambigious and could be applied to either me actually thinking your town, or that your mafia.

You're taking the bait into thinking that my statements indicate you as a mafia personality. You're identifying with that personality description more.

You still said you would prefer a lynch on me which paints the portrait of mafia no matter how ambiguous you phrased things. I am treating the situation like I am in the worst light because really, I have nothing to hide. I know how it's looking for me and it's pointless to pretend otherwise, I just want to try and prove that I am in fact town.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
People not voting are RedBaron, Cheesum/blar and bronto, also hado but he’s technically voted.

Only one not voting who's "supposed" to be here is Rb. Did he say he was leaving?

Local time
-->
yay excitement
i dont see much in helvete's post other than saying my main point on him is bronto which is not true, i already said that was the weakest thing i have on him and was more a general point. i just had to elaborate on it so much because people kept demanding explanations

also @reluctantly i still find your cop talk useless. have you considered the possibility that bronto or cheese might be cop?

honestly playing from town perspective is really annoying me because i feel like im forced to play out of character if i want to get results. much of what i have on helvete is intuitive so ofcourse a part of me is worried ive wasted time on the wrong person. that said, im sticking to my cards and ive already provided reasons for what was setting off my suspicions on him. i might have misunderstood his post on bronto a bit but anyway i already clearly stated that this is the weakest thing i have on him and i just put it out there in general.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
that was the point you re hashed a couple of times, regardless of whether it was your weakest or not which is why I said it was your main point.

Top Bottom