• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Fictional Characters

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->
I think Lisa is an INFJ. I don't think INTPs are geared towards aggressive activism or youthful wangst.
I agree.

Now.. what about Frink? ;)

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
I've got one which is a good match. Jon (Dr. Manhatten) from Watchmen.

For those of you who don't know, the funny thing about him is he really becomes INTP after having his "intrinsic field subtracted" and becomes perpetually aware of all past and future actions he has taken and will take, yet knows all his responses are pre-ordained. At one point he tells another character that everyone is a puppet, he's only different because he's a puppet who can see the strings.

Couldn't begin to guess what the movie version is going to be like... other than badly acted (probably.)

"In November the newspapers call me a crimefighter, so the pentagon says I must fight crime... The morality of my activities escapes me."

"This is where we hold our conversation. It commences when you surprise me with the information that you and Dreiberg have been sleeping together."
"Y-you know about me and Dan?"
"No. Not yet. But in a few moments you're going to tell me."

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 7:03 AM
-->
I know there is actually a House, M.D. personality test. I think I saw the link to it on this forum somewhere.

I wonder about Tyler Durden (the Brad Pitt and Edward Norton versions) from Fight Club. What type is the real Tyler Durden and what is it he desires to be as projected in the Brad Pitt version?

Although, if he had a disorder mbti may not apply to him I guess.

I found that The House, MD Personality Test on
http://www.okcupid.com/quizzy/take?id=16796408764367959527 it's based on eccentricity, confidence and kindness

Your result for The House, MD Personality Test ...
Dr. Gregory House :D

60% Eccentricity, 50% Confidence, 30% Kindness

aahzombies

Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
55% Eccentricity 55% Confidence 25% Kindness

Also House. :)

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
We have a dedicatred thread for that test, you know? Use the forum search ;)

Ogion

mariahwg

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I think Lisa is an INFJ. I don't think INTPs are geared towards aggressive activism or youthful wangst.

I don't know about that. I'm an extreme INTP (I is heavy only in terms of how I'm most comfortable ... I've extroverted myself quite a bit due to the constraints of living in the world; but the rest are unmitigatedly strong) and I had both youthful "wangst" and activism, though admitedly not as strong as Lisa. Angst isn't really all that unusual for INTPs, given the loneliness/misunderstood thing. I mean, yes, we're cozy as loners, but speaking such a different language from others can be quite daunting. And on the off chance that one ends up meeting someone who does speak the same language, it's terribly hard to go back to being alone after that. I'm recalling her infatuation with the substitute teacher, particularly.

As to activisim, to some degree I don't think activism and being an INTP are mutually exclusive. I was a vegetarian for many years, though not because of the cute fuzzy animals, rather because of the enviro-footprint of meat-eating. To this day, I try to practice low-on-the-foodchain carnivory (is that a word?). I think INTPs can be activists, but they tend to be by NOT doing things rather than by doing things. I refrained from meat, I've also refrained from grapes (immigrant worker issues), Nestle products (baby formula issues in the third world), drinking bottled liquids (environmental stuff), and driving (same). But you're probably right, the Lisa Simpson variety is a bit less INTP-like, more INFJ/P-like.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
During the Simpsons Movie and a few episodes of its TV run she is seen going door to door independently collecting signatures for an environmental cause. That right there convinces me that she could be no INTP.

I say that not because I don't believe INTPs can care about those things. Hell, INTPs could have said to have dozens of "isms" attached to themselves at any one time. The problem is with the "activ" fragment.

Still, I'm short on time, so don't think I'm not considering your assertions. I'll get back to you when I get internet in my new SF apartment.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
When's the house warming party?

I only got a futon and a military cot for extra sleeping arrangements. I think you'll have to schedule a round robin fight to the death to see what 3 people get to come.

Luzian

Local time
-->
rodney mckay: INTJ
daniel jackson: INTP
samantha carter: INTP
cameron mitchell: ESFJ

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions. ;)

Well, i do agree with McKay, at least with the INT-part. Daniel and Sam i wouldn't type as INTP. They are more outgoing and social than to be introvert, i think.
With Mitchell you could be right though :D

Ogion

Luzian

Local time
-->
Hi and welcome to the forum. May you find interesting and enlightening discussions. ;)

Well, i do agree with McKay, at least with the INT-part. Daniel and Sam i wouldn't type as INTP. They are more outgoing and social than to be introvert, i think.
With Mitchell you could be right though :D

Ogion
Thank you for the warm welcome.

From what I can tell, daniel and sam don't really initiate in any extroverted behavior that isn't forced by their military duty or triggered by their interests where they become quite verbose on the topic.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hm, true enough. Though of course we see only their duty-time anyway, so it is probably a lot harder to type'em.

Ogion

aahzombies

Local time
-->
Anyone seen the TV show Dexter?

I think he's an INTP. Possibly an INTJ.

Opinions?

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Anyone seen the TV show Dexter?

I think he's an INTP. Possibly an INTJ.

Opinions?

I don't know if Dexter is even realistic enough of a character to type.

The reason I say this is because at his job he seems like an INTP. Yet in his murdering work he seems very much like an INTJ, someone who can complete the job without any passion.

Yet we hear parts about his personal philosophy and his "Code of Harry", and they do sound ISTJ-ish. If you ignore the SJ society-obeying aspects, it kinda fits Dexter.
ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.
In conclusion: Fuck if I know, but I'd love to have a Dexter in my city.

Local time
Today 5:03 AM
-->
eccentricity- 85%
confidence- 25%
kindness- 30%

spearbunny

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Has anyone tried putting together a list of fictional characters by their MBTI types?

ENTP:

- Calvin
(Calvin and Hobbes) -- definitely *not* INFP like you see some places. This kid is the living embodiment of Ne. Could be ENFP too, but some comics show a more utilitarian approach (esp. involving business schemes and whatnot), so I made him T.

There's no way Calvin's an ENTP- he lives in his own little world too much for an extrovert. His philosophizing reeks of INFP.

hopefulmonster

Local time
-->
ENTP:

- Calvin
(Calvin and Hobbes) -- definitely *not* INFP like you see some places. This kid is the living embodiment of Ne. Could be ENFP too, but some comics show a more utilitarian approach (esp. involving business schemes and whatnot), so I made him T.

- Gregory House (House, M.D.) -- Yes, I think he's Extraverted. Definitely *not* an NTJ in my opinion. Where's the Ni? Could also be INTP, and I could maybe believe ISTP, but it'd take some pretty strong evidence for S. Honestly, I'm about 50/50 on ENTP or INTP for him.

House is definitely not an extravert. His only non-work related interaction with another human being seems to be wilson and their relationship still seems to be about 50% intellectual. Half the show is about his attempts to avoid seeing his team,patients or boss while still doing his job.

Local time
-->
i have never seen House but friends at school say i am like him.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
-->
There's no way Calvin's an ENTP- he lives in his own little world too much for an extrovert.

Intuition gives people a fantasy world, not introversion.

His philosophizing reeks of INFP.

I'd believe ENFP, but where's his Fi?

House is definitely not an extravert. His only non-work related interaction with another human being seems to be wilson and their relationship still seems to be about 50% intellectual. Half the show is about his attempts to avoid seeing his team,patients or boss while still doing his job.

He can't function without a team. On the airplane episode, he grabed random passengers to bounce ideas off of. When his team was all fired/quit, he bounced ideas off a janitor and even dressed him up like a doctor so he could brainstorm with him anywhere he wanted.

You could argue that he's an INTP whose thought process has been extroverted for the benefit of the television audience, but I think that would make him, by definition, an ENTP.

Again, most of his energy is directed outwards, even if it is mostly misanthropy and negative. Extrovert doesn't mean "likes people," it has to do with where energy is given and taken.

Local time
-->
What was it that made Brad Pitt leave jennifer for angelina? I believe both are pretty. The only thing i can come up with is the Jennifer did not want any babies yet.
so what do you think?

Lol. A bot!

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Thanks for the hint.

Ogion

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
Hamlet? ....? .... = / ....ISFP. That's my guess.

What about Voldemort? I think he would be an INTP/(J?). I think his character was misrepresented. His transcendence episodes were kind of interesting.. Does that make me bad ???

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Found that neat list on typologycentral.com:

Code Geass

Lelouch Lamperouge - ENTP
Suzaku Kururugi - INFJ
C.C. - INTP
Nunnally Lamperouge - ISFP
Kallen Stadtfeld - ESTP
Li Xingke - INFP

Bleach

Ichigo Kurosaki – ENFJ
Rukia Kuchiki – INFP
Orihime Inoue – INFJ
Yasutora “Chad” Sado – ISFJ
Uryu Ishida – INTJ
Renji Abarai – ESFJ

Naruto

Naruto Uzumaki – ESFP
Sasuke Uchiha – INFJ
Sakura Haruno – ENFJ
Kakashi Hatake – INTP
Sai – INTJ
Kiba Inuzuka – ESTP
Shino Aburame – INTJ
Hinata Hyuga – INFP
Choji Akimichi – ESTJ
Shikamaru Nara – INTP
Ino Yamanaka – ENFP
Rock Lee – ENFJ
Neji Hyuga – ISTJ
Garra – INFJ
Kankuro – ISTP
Temari – ESTP
Jiraiya – ESFP
Tsunade – ENFJ
Orochimaru – ENTJ

Cowboy Bebop

Spike Spiegel – ISFP
Jet Black – ESFJ
Faye Valentine – ESTP
Vicious – ENTJ

Death Note

Light Yagami– INTJ
L – INTP
Misa Amane – ISFP
Near – INTJ
Mello – ENFP
Sochiro Yagami – ESTJ
Watari – INFJ

Inyuasha

Kagome Higurashi – ENFJ
Inuyasha – ESFP
Miroku – ENTP
Sango – INFJ
Shippo – ENFJ
Kikyo – INFP
Sessshomaru – INTJ
Jalen – ISTJ
Naraku – ENTJ
Koga - ESFP

Samurai Champoo

Mugen – ISTP
Jin – ISTJ
Fuu – ESFP

Family Guy

Peter Griffin – ESFP
Lois Griffin – ENFJ
Meg Griffin – ISFP
Chris Griffin – ESFP
Stewie Griffin – INTJ
Brian Griffin – INTP
Francis Griffin – ESTJ
Jasper (gay dog) – ENFP
Cleveland Brown – ISFJ
Glenn Quagmire – ESTP
Death – INTP

Simpsons

Homer Simpson - ESFP
Marge Simpson – ESFJ
Lisa Simpson – INFJ
Bart Simpson – ESTP
Ned Flanders – ESTJ
Maude Flanders – ESFJ
Millhouse – INFP
Apu – ESFJ
Chief Wiggum – ESFP
Timothy Lovejoy – INTJ
Nelson Muntz – ESTJ
Mr. Burns – ENTJ
Sideshow Bob - INTJ

South Park

Eric Cartman – ENTJ
Chef – ESFJ
Stan Marsh – ENTP
Kenny McCorrnick – ESTP
Butters – INFJ
Kyle Broflovski – INTP
Wendy - ESFP

King of the Hill

Hank Hill - ESTJ
Peggy Hill - ESFJ
Bobby Hill - ENFP
Boomhauer - ESTP
Dale Gribble - INFJ
Nancy Gribble - ENFP

INTJ
Kino (Kino’s Journey)
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Million Knives (Trigun)
ENTJ
Arsène Lupin III (Lupin the 3rd)
Harry Macdowell (Gungrave)
Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
INTP
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
L (Death Note)
ENTP
Skuld (Oh My Goddess)
Usopp (One Piece)

INFJ
Guts (Berserk)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
ENFJ
Dewey Novak (Eureka 7)
Lenalee Lee (D. Gray Man)
INFP
Tsukasa (.Hack/Sign)
Clause Valca (Last Exile)
ENFP
Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

ESTJ
Leorio (HunterxHunter)
Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo)
ISTJ
Goemon Ishikawa XIII (Lupin the 3rd)
Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic)
ISFJ
Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime no Ippo)
Youko Nakajima (12 Kingdoms)
ESFJ
Asuka Soryu (Evangelion)
Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)

ISFP
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
ESFP
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Excel Excel (Excel Saga)
ESTP
Killua Zaoldyeck (HunterxHunter)
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
ISTP
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Actually, I just find Guts as INFJ rather weird. Maybe someone who read Berserk too can help me with that.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Sasuke: ISTP appears to be right. He lacks any foresight whatsoever.

Ino: ESFX for sure.

Tsunade: I have a hard time seeing ESTP here. ESTP are materialistic - the type that sells you dubious used cars. Her speciality is medicine, she is basically a doctor. That speaks more for NF. Her personality makes her look like an E. It is ENFX to me.

Orochimaru: His planning make him look more like a J. But ENTP is not impossible.

Jiraiya: That is hard. He reminds a bit of an older Ruffy from One Piece. While both look relatively stupid they are very intelligent under the surface but not in the way that they will ever be intellectuals.

Itachi: INFJ. Because that would be awesome. :p

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
What about D from the series Vampire Hunter D? Any guesses? I don't know myself...

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Sasuke: ISTP appears to be right. He lacks any foresight whatsoever.

Ino: ESFX for sure.

Tsunade: I have a hard time seeing ESTP here. ESTP are materialistic - the type that sells you dubious used cars. Her speciality is medicine, she is basically a doctor. That speaks more for NF. Her personality makes her look like an E. It is ENFX to me.

Orochimaru: His planning make him look more like a J. But ENTP is not impossible.

Jiraiya: That is hard. He reminds a bit of an older Ruffy from One Piece. While both look relatively stupid they are very intelligent under the surface but not in the way that they will ever be intellectuals.

Itachi: INFJ. Because that would be awesome. :p

I was thinking ESTP for Tsunade because of her gambling habits and drinking.I would definitely say EXXP in any case.I think,that despite the fact she's a leader,she displays a lot of P characteristics,such as procrastinating all the time.She might be an N though,but I don't really see her as an F.
ENTP maybe?

I typed Orochimaru as an ENTP becuse of his "mad scientist" tendencies.He might be a J though.

Jiraiya,well he is called a sage in the anime.He's not an intellectual,but he's definitly more mature then say Naruto,despite his pervyness.Mature ESFP maybe?

Enne

Local time
-->
Ed? Cowboy Bebop? ENTP.

Enne

Local time
-->
Did anyone say Ender (Ender's Game?)? I think he's a definite INTP.

Artifice Orisit

What about D from the series Vampire Hunter D? Any guesses? I don't know myself...
Definitely introverted, although due more to nurture than nature I suspect.
Nobody that misanthropic could be an S, it takes dedication.
(somebody more knowledgeable about the MBTI could probably prove me wrong)
Definitely a thinker, very calm in combat, likes to talk to his enemies.
Again the lack of hatred towards his enemies suggests a Perceiver, I doubt a Judger could have a civil conversation with his enemies before killing them, although he is trying to hunt down and kill every last vampire because he couldn't fit in with human society… but then it was never suggested that they were welcoming of him either, so perhaps it's also vengeance for not letting him fit-in with them.
It takes a lot to cause it, but once a perceiver has a grudge they don’t let go.

Ed? Cowboy Bebop? ENTP.
Ed form Cowboy Bebop,
if your calling Spike by the name of the ship, I'm going to have to re-educate you.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
Naruto Uzumaki – ESFP Naruto is obvious.

Sasuske is kind of hard to say.
Sasuke Uchiha – ISTJ or ISFJ

Sakura Haruno – ENFJ

Kakashi Hatake – INTP I always enjoy INTP characters in my cartoons.

Sai – INTJ We really don't know enought about Sai to give him a type. But so far INTJ sounds right. Another thing is that he was pretty much raised in a cult so his real personality might start showing later on.

Kiba Inuzuka – ESTP Don't know much

Shino Aburame – INTJ Yea he is def an INTJ

Hinata Hyuga – INFP or ISFP

Choji Akimichi – ESTJ Don't know much

Shikamaru Nara – INTP Another great INTP character

Ino Yamanaka – ENFP

Rock Lee – ESTJ-----Hard working, not too bright though.

Neji Hyuga – IXTJ Don't know enough about him though.

Garra – IXTJ Don't know enough about him..

Jiraiya – ENFP

Tsunade – ESTP I think I know ESTP's well enough to say she is one.

Orochimaru – ENTX He's a scientist, yet also a leader...a poor leader though....so i'm leaning more towards ENTP.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
I agree with most of what's been typed. :)
Just a few things to add...

Tsunade = ENTJ - She's definitely a J. I think she's also intuitive, seeing how, often times, there will be scenes in her office where she's analyzing a tough situation and connecting ideas. ENTJs are born leaders and she seems to fit that roll very well.

Jiraya = ESTP - Definitely an SP Artisan type. He loves to waste time loafing around and checking out girls. This screams ESTP. Not only that but as an Artisan, he writes novels, specifically "sensual" (Se) novels.

Orochimaru = ENTX - I can't really say either... ^^;

Sasuke = IXXJ The trauma he's had in childhood makes it very difficult to come up with an accurate type. From the few eposides show of his childhood before the trauma, he seemed more like an F type.

Haku = ISFJ - Extremely loving and self sacrificing. ISFJs are also well know for sticking to their loved ones even when it's detrimental to them. I'm not so sure about S/N though.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
I bet there are plenty of characters that were intended to be written more like us, but because of our familiarity with the subject, stereotypes of us don't even draw the necessary degree of familiarity unless they match the negative stereotypes we're familiar with.

What do you think a positive, possibly non-computer oriented, fictional INTP character would be like?

Xel

When in the course of inhuman events....
Local time
-->
I always thought L from death note was a positive INTP figure. He is portrayed as brilliant yet quirky and odd. Though the show perhaps makes him weirder and quirky than an actual INTP ("I have to sit like this. You see if I sat normally my deductive skills would immediately decrease by roughly 40%" or the constant eating of sweets). Anyway he still is portrayed as the "good guy" of the series. He even shows emotion a few select times, and these few times I think could be called "naive" or "childlike" or "pure" which prevents him from being INTJ. I find it interesting that he screams when he considers the existence of a shinigami a logical possibility but just acts really interested when he actually sees one. A lot of people tend to either love or hate this character but overall he could be called positive in the sense that he isn't simply the computer geek/loser type who never shows emotion and seems too cold to be called "good" in the heroic sense.

Artifice Orisit

I find it interesting that he screams when he considers the existence of a shinigami a logical possibility but just acts really interested when he actually sees one.
Half the time I suspect he's just messing with the people around him so he can understand them better.

Where do you guys get all these anime shows from
Japan.

Deleted member 1424

I think Van Hoenheim from Fullmetal Alchemist could be INTP.

Manga Homunculi:

Envy: ESFJ
Pride: INTJ
Gluttony: ESFP
Lust: ESTJ
Sloth: ISTP
Wrath: ENTJ
Greed: ESTP

Toad

Local time
-->
I agree with most of what's been typed. :)
Just a few things to add...

Tsunade = ENTJ - She's definitely a J. I think she's also intuitive, seeing how, often times, there will be scenes in her office where she's analyzing a tough situation and connecting ideas. ENTJs are born leaders and she seems to fit that roll very well.

Jiraya = ESTP - Definitely an SP Artisan type. He loves to waste time loafing around and checking out girls. This screams ESTP. Not only that but as an Artisan, he writes novels, specifically "sensual" (Se) novels.

Orochimaru = ENTX - I can't really say either... ^^;

Sasuke = IXXJ The trauma he's had in childhood makes it very difficult to come up with an accurate type. From the few eposides show of his childhood before the trauma, he seemed more like an F type.

Haku = ISFJ - Extremely loving and self sacrificing. ISFJs are also well know for sticking to their loved ones even when it's detrimental to them. I'm not so sure about S/N though.

I have to disagree with Tsunade. She, to me, sounds like a P. I actually think she is a bad leader. She doesn't have that decision making power that is required to run Konoha. The only good thing about her is that she is strong and she loves Konoha.

Toad

Local time
-->
I was just watching Friends.

Joey - ESFP
Ross - INTJ
Chandler - INTP
Rachel - ESTP
Monica - ESxJ
Phoebe - ENFP

They're a very good mix of friends.

I wonder if actors use personality types to better define their characters? That would be interesting.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Shiki from Kara No Kyoukai might be a rare female INTP character.

Kokoro

Local time
-->
Breaking Bad is very entertaining/interesting, just do not watch the pilot unless you want to get hooked.

Walter White - ISTJ
Jesse "Captain Cook" Pinkman - ENFP

They frustrate each other all the time with their opposing personalities and approach to their business.

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
It's one of my favourite shows, but I must disagree here. I'd say INTJ for Walter and ESFP for Pinkman.

Top Bottom