• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

FFS, this is creepy: bots

BurnedOut

Local time
Today 5:25 AM
-->
1615314319872.png

For the love of God, this is creepier than it looks even to a programmer.

Here is another bot, going a step ahead and using the search tool of intpf.

1615314569115.png

Similarly others have the capability to view user profiles and mine individual threads.

What will possibly happen if no crawlers are allowed here? I mean, if bots are actually targeting users, that is a little unnerving. I don't like this:
1615314884283.png

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 12:55 PM
-->
Silly human you thought the internet was for meatbags?

This is just how the internet works, if you're doing SEO it's recommended to make your site as bot friendly as possible, adding page content tags and whatnot that only the bots can see.

EndogenousRebel

We're all trying our best. Aren't we?
Local time
Yesterday 6:55 PM
-->
^ It would be naïve to say that they also aren't collecting other data for reasons, and that those reasons are static. Individually our data probably isn't worth much, but collectively we probably tell a story.

I recommend we test this. Quick everyone google the yellow fruit that pops up into everyone's mind when you are prompted to think of a yellow fruit (are the AI smart enough to decipher this?) When a new member joins we interrogate them and tell them to send us pictures of their ads. Tell them it's for science, we tell em to look out for the yellow fruit, and if they see it, sound the horn and prepare for war.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 12:55 PM
-->
Nobody is getting anything useful out of this place, I assure you.

Top Bottom