• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Fed up

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
I am sick and tired of school(as is, I'm sure everyone). Too bored of learning the same thing over and over again or things I have no interest in. Don't care much about sports or other extra-curricular activities. Have no drive to meaninglessly waste hours to get marks- am interested in astro/quantum physics, cosmology,psychology and philosophy. Any way out?

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
-->
I tried.. just couldn't write one upto my expectations, will give it another shot. Though what I really want to know is how can I just stop going to school/ convince my parents to let me study on my own.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:41 PM
-->
Writing like any kind of art is an iterative process, you need to write many stories and variations on the same story to hone your skills.

You still need to go to school, maybe pick up some online certifications in your spare time if you want to make life easier for yourself down the road.

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
-->
can you tell me some site for online certifications?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 1:41 AM
-->
Here where I live people say "You dont have to do anything, but die."

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
-->
I dont have to do anything, but I DO have things I want to do.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Yesterday 7:41 PM
-->
You kinda need to finish school if you want to pursue a worthwhile career in any of the subjects you mentioned. I tried to get my mom to allow me to homeschool as well and looking back I'm glad she said no. It takes a lot of discipline to do something yourself, any good teacher has a structured lesson plan that ensures you're learning the best way possible. After highschool there is a movement away from caring about standardized test and in college there is a focus on learning for understanding, application, and fascination. Classcentral.com is a great hub for online classes all over the internet.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:41 PM
-->
can you tell me some site for online certifications?

Generally the IT and Health & Safety ones are the most useful with the least prerequisites

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Yesterday 8:41 PM
-->
I am sick and tired of school(as is, I'm sure everyone). Too bored of learning the same thing over and over again or things I have no interest in. Don't care much about sports or other extra-curricular activities. Have no drive to meaninglessly waste hours to get marks- am interested in astro/quantum physics, cosmology,psychology and philosophy. Any way out?

I once dated someone that also didn't care much for sports/extracurriculars and was also interested in astro/quantum physics - He dropped out of college and then worked as an app developer (android I believe) and I believe he was self-taught since they didn't have a program for that at my college. He was likely split INTP/INTJ.

Top Bottom