• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/incident-of-2018-08-13.27381/

Favourite fictional INTP(s)?

Local time
Yesterday, 22:21
I love Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man. He has all those little INTP quirks, as well as the "death glare" XD. He's one of my favourite superheroes, actually :D

Pizzabeak

Prolific Member
Local time
I would say Holmes but I have recently been under the impression that he (the literature version) is more close to INTJ... Peter Parker has always been a good candidate though, that photography hobby they gave him is a nice touch.

Local time
I would say Holmes but I have recently been under the impression that he (the literature version) is more close to INTJ... Peter Parker has always been a good candidate though, that photography hobby they gave him is a nice touch.
Yeah, I love Sherlock too. But he does seem to have J tendencies, even in the TV show. I'm ashamed to say I've never read the books. I should though!

I've never seen the Spider-Man movies with Toby McGuire (or however you spell it), but Andrew Garfield nailed the INTP thing!

peoplesuck

doesnt approve of your life choices
Local time
Today, 00:21
either Elodin or Hanna montana, leaning more towards Elodin. King killer chronicles;)

Local time
either Elodin or Hanna montana, leaning more towards Elodin. King killer chronicles;)
Not sure who Elodin is, but I'll look him (her?) up sometime. I haven't watched Hannah Montana since Disney revamped their channel, but from what I remember, she was more of an ENFP. I could be wrong though. She just doesn't seem to have the same social awkwardness as is stereotypical of INTPs, or the fascination with systems, truth, and logic. Again, I could be wrong.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
Today, 06:21
I actually like to think that Sherlock is weirdly deranged ENTJ. He likes to go, work and experience like ENTJs do. NTPs and INTJs are different in that regard.

Local time
Today, 07:21
i can only remember Nygma from Gotham

he is alright

i agree that ENTJ fits for Sherlock

Pizzabeak

Prolific Member
Local time
I do not agree that ENTJ fits for Sherlock, unless referring to one of the television adaptations I am not privy to, or the Robert Downey Jr version. In the original source material, he's either a semi-deprived INTP or just INTJ. His brother Mycroft is INTP and they are both probably INTPs.

I am not too familiar with ENTJs so can someone explain this. I can vaguely see why it is proposed but don't believe it to be substantial; if Sherlock must not be INTx then ENTJ is a nice exotic choice. Ultimately I don't think he's extroverted but then again Doyle never really liked Holmes and only wrote the stories for the money. He probably didn't put much thought into it and his vision for it probably just came more fluidly. The guy he based Holmes off of may have been ENTJ, but just look at the functions. I doubt it though unless it's one of the weird serialized versions, then go ahead.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today, 01:21
Elrond from Lord of the Rings is highly INTP. My INFP brother constantly tells me I act like him. Gandalf might also be INTP. Also Yoda, perhaps.

Local time
Pizzabeak: i refer specifically to the one from the series also named just Sherlock. it's good btw

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
I do not agree that ENTJ fits for Sherlock, unless referring to one of the television adaptations I am not privy to, or the Robert Downey Jr version. In the original source material, he's either a semi-deprived INTP or just INTJ. His brother Mycroft is INTP and they are both probably INTPs.

I am not too familiar with ENTJs so can someone explain this. I can vaguely see why it is proposed but don't believe it to be substantial; if Sherlock must not be INTx then ENTJ is a nice exotic choice. Ultimately I don't think he's extroverted but then again Doyle never really liked Holmes and only wrote the stories for the money. He probably didn't put much thought into it and his vision for it probably just came more fluidly. The guy he based Holmes off of may have been ENTJ, but just look at the functions. I doubt it though unless it's one of the weird serialized versions, then go ahead.
I was thinking modern adaptations of Sherlock. Traditional one is likely an introvert. Anyways the the most externally active one out of all NTs is the ENTJ. Downey Jr is ENTJ or at least from Te-Fi axis. Benedict Cumberbatch is from Fe-Ti spectrum.

Pizzabeak

Prolific Member
Local time
Yeah, the Sherlock series is decent. He's probably not INTP in there unless marginally depraved. It's also TV, so they have to make it more entertaining; traditional Sherlock would probably come across as boring in that setting maybe?

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
In my opinion, original Doyle Sherlock is ENTP, but BBC Sherlock is INTP. Although they both had Introverted tendencies (which most NT Rationals do), original Sherlock would go out and question people constantly, as opposed to BBC Sherlock, whose work is shown all in his head. But that's just me.

Local time
oops....fictional

Sheldon Cooper, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Arthur Weasley, Dr. Manhattan

Local time
Daria, from the American TV series, and Nemi By Lise, a European comic strip.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series. Some say INTJ, but he seems to be an INTP whose emotions were destroyed. Note that like the INTP character I'm naming below, he takes pleasure in not knowing something but soon testing it and finding out. Everyone hated Snape as a character, but I always thought he was cool.

Medic from Team Fortress 2. He plays with birds, ditches his teammates for science, is intelligent, and lost his medical license due to removing a patient's skeleton out of curiosity. He's absolutely hilarious, and it's funny how I bear a good resemblance to him (so say an INFP, ISTP, and ISFP. A lot of Introverts seem to liken me to him). Also he's German.

One of these actually isn't him.

Local time
Snape is my favorite Harry Potter character, I wish Cannon explored his history more.

JKR needs to do a JRT and publish more of the HP world.
Which she said she won't :(

Local time
Snape is my favorite Harry Potter character, I wish Cannon explored his history more.

JKR needs to do a JRT and publish more of the HP world.
Which she said she won't :(
Snape is one of mine as well. Alan Rickman did a fantastic job, quirks and all.

Local time
Agreed, but what makes you think Arthur is an INTP?
I never considered him one before... (I'm thinking about it as I type)

Local time
He has this quite yet quirky openness to him that seems INTPish. I think he's a very healthy one, pretty comfortable in life. ENTP is another possibility, but I see him as more of an introvert.

*edit: He also seeks to understand how things work and inquires until he has a satisfactory answer.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
He has this quite yet quirky openness to him that seems INTPish. I think he's a very healthy one, pretty comfortable in life. ENTP is another possibility, but I see him as more of an introvert.

*edit: He also seeks to understand how things work and inquires until he has a satisfactory answer.
The Engineer NTP is evident in his "What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?". Other types might be possible though.

Local time
Dexter! At least I'm pretty sure he's an INTP, who kind of changes to an INFP over the seasons. I liked him the most in the first season and could identificate with him very well.

Local time
Dexter that killer bloke or Dexters from Dextors Lab? Lol

Local time
Today, 00:21
Dexter Morgan is an obvious INTJ.

Mine is Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park. Closest to being a childhood hero, for me.
Jeff Goldblum is a real INTP as well.

Local time
BBC's Sherlock is an INTP! I claim!
I felt so identified when the series came out. I just can't stand he being INTJ.:cat:

Local time
Today, 08:21
Lucy from the film. She doesn't start off as an INTP, but once she starts evolving she takes on the personality.

'' I used to be so concerned with who I was and what I wanted to be... But now that I have access to the furthest reaches of my brain I see things clearly. It's all primitive'' Lucy on being.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
Today, 13:21
L from death note. He's hella relatable, but I was rooting for Light all the way (ENTJ). I quite like Light, but can't stand ENTJs in real life.

Local time
My personal favorites:
-Fox Mulder from The X-Files
-Jason Grace from The Heroes of Olympus
-Temperance "Bones" Brennan from Bones

Local time
Yesterday, 23:21
Alex Mahone from Prison Break. Although 16personalities lists him as INTP, some would say INTJ.

Top Bottom