• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Extraverted Feeling and Agreeableness

Animekitty

I am all of my perception (666)
Local time
Today, 13:22
I noticed I am very agreeable. I was wondering if this has anything to do with Fe. That is the impression I get from Auburn and Nanook.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today, 15:22
I noticed I am very agreeable. I was wondering if this has anything to do with Fe. That is the impression I get from Auburn and Nanook.
That seems very possible. Though, honestly, I don't know much about Fe in itself. I do, however, understand more how I seem to operate via Fi:

I find that I am agreeable when I need to be. When I speak to people I feel my "different" ideas won't offend them, I tend to speak my mind, which can also be considered keeping me to the definition of agreeable.

For a "woman", however, I am probably not considered agreeable.

I filter information kind of like a spam filter, so sometimes if someone says something I thought belonged in "spam" I will get either aloof, tense, or have to try and pause my filtering to care and see if I can redirect the conversation where what the person says to me no longer goes into "spam".

I've found this habit of pausing to care (it took probably years to realize that this was helpful) has been the most mutually beneficial in interpersonal communication. Perhaps this is something that people with Fe do naturally. I, however, do put a lot of mental energy into getting this to work out.

And... This is why I find myself unable to have too many random people interactions in one day. I need to be prepared or I'll just be drained due to my agreeableness.

If I turn down my agreeableness, people who are not used to seeing a woman actually have an opinion or state truths or state facts get defensive. I hope one day I'll be able to speak without prejudice or at least in a way that overrides prejudice.

Kormak

Local time
Today, 22:22
Idk, I'm agreeable as well and understanding other people's emotional states and what these mean is very easy for me... second nature tbh I just can't express Fe to influence other ppl... and I prefer to run away than talk about my feelings. Very often I'm out of touch with how I feel and get blindsided / negatively surprised by my feelings which seem to come out of nowhere every once in a blue moon and are uncontrollable. Sometimes crying for no fucking reason or fury... the hulk smash kind of fury. e_e I wish happiness would blindside me...

In my case, my emotional literacy may be attributed to growing up in a household where there was a constant emotional minefield. If you failed to navigate it properly my mother and grandmother would explode in what I call "never-ending super drama combat". I quickly learned to be strongly aware of other people's emotional states and the general atmosphere. My sanity very much depended on it.

Top Bottom