• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Explaining Intelligence (video)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 10:10 PM
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:10 PM
-->
Thanks AK, very enlightening. I enjoyed the things you talked about very much.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
A comment I made o YouTube

Intelligence is about the mental handling of information. Different brain areas handle different kinds of information. Tests are measurements. At first, most test/measurements were not that good, they did not measure anything significant about the capacity to handle information. So testing was done on the tests to improve measurements of information handling capacity. Today brain scanners can look at the connectivity of a brain and predict capacity on the latest tests. Tests may no longer be needed in the future because brain scanners will be able to measure the information capacity of all regions of the brain. A cognitive profile. This will allow the prediction of talents for varying tasks. All this following the scientific method of the knowns and unknowns. It is not some group arbitrarily designing tests. Test are tested. Psychometrics follow all the rules of scientific methods. If something real is not being measured it is a bad test and thrown away because it is random. Tests actually have to predict something or it is worthless. Tests are not put in the main test because the group just decides it should go in. It must predict real things. It must measure real things. New metrics are constantly being tested over decades to make sure the tests can predict real capacity to handle information in as many areas as possible. It's not an issue of random people making a random test just because. Everything on the tests must be scrutinized.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
The fibers in the brain push and pull the feedback signals internally and externally. Think of how you need control of the frontal lobes to do a puzzle. Or surgery going back and forth with control tying knots.

If control is about push and pull. Memory must learn which sequences get results. In a hierarchy for efficient utilization of memory.

A hierarchy of push and pull.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I saw a video and if I could ask the guests a question it would be this.

There are over 600 muscles in the human body controlled by a nonlinear hierarchy mostly located in the frontal lobes. Do you believe the language being part of this hierarchy is influenced to become abstract reasoning in the same way we use hierarchies to move the body and recognize the world with perceptions? Ray Kurzweil believes intelligence emerges from hierarchies.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Intelligence Explained 5

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

My comment to Jeffery

Hello Jeffery

With research and thinking, I learned that the brain points inwards to itself to hold information. Memory changes so information is directed to better map the world. The map can let us manipulate representations of the world by pointing inward to ourselves. Better maps make people more intelligent because they can influence the outside and inside worlds to a greater degree. People can learn to expand their maps to become more intelligent I believe.

I have a blog (found on my about page)
I like to talk to many people and watch videos on personality.
I like Carl Jung.
I like to make many sets of what I think functions are.
These are my newest ones.
I call these the simple sets.
My personality is ENFP.

Si – Comparative senses
Se – HighDefinition

Ni – Knowing
Ne – Connecting

Ti completeness
Te efficiency

Fi directed at self before others
Fe directed at others before self

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Something I think applies to you Jeffery is that you can hold more relationships in your mind at one time because you can activate more areas of your brain at a greater density. Say a grid of ten by ten to my grid of three by three. Also, you can control how they work together because it would not matter if they were disorganized.

I took the stoop test of colored words in 2009. I scored 135. This is an executive function test. Many Executive functions exist, this is just of them. The test is associated with the anterior cingulate cortex. This area maintains the correct areas of the brain to be used during any task. Brain areas fight each other to do their specific task.The ACC makes sure the correct area is active, resolving conflict between brain areas. A friend told me that because Intelligence scales nonlinearly my score of 135 means my brain resolves internal conflict 128 times more efficiently than normal at making sure the correct brain is it active regarding whatever executive function that would be called.

Since the ACC is in the frontal lobes teens would have trouble using the correct brain area at the right time not having fully developed executive control. I may have had an advantage because I have seen my records and I was in high-level classes but had average IQ. I was gifted in verbal but low in speed. I think it may be the case my Executive functioning was so high as a kid 12 to 19 that I was just given special treatment because I could complete tasks requiring planning of much older kids not measurable by IQ tests.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Pumpkins blog
Around IQ 105, Every 5 IQ points the number of items you can manipulate on ravens like test increases by 9 items. (1.8 items for 1 IQ point) Bellow IQ 100 starting at IQ 55 the number of items that can be manipulated increases by one item every 5 IQ points.

This is not perfect. But it tells you a concrete number that is likely to be the number of items a level of IQ can manipulate. multiply IQ by 1.8 and you most likely know the number.

(0) 0 * 0 items for IQ 55 scale score 1
(1) 1 * 0 items for IQ 60 scale score 2
(2) 2 * 0 items for IQ 65 scale score 3
(3) 3 * 0 items for IQ 70 scale score 4
(4) 4 * 0 items for IQ 75 scale score 5
(5) 5 * 0 items for IQ 80 scale score 6
(6) 6 * 0 items for IQ 85 scale score 7
(7) 7 * 0 items for IQ 90 scale score 8
(8) 8 * 0 items for IQ 95 scale score 9
(9) 9 * 0 items for IQ 100 scale score 10
(12) 6 * 2 items for IQ 105 scale score 11
(18) 9 * 2 items for IQ 110 scale score 12
(27) 9 * 3 items for IQ 115 scale score 13
(36) 9 * 4 items for IQ 120 scale score 14
(45) 9 * 5 items for IQ 125 scale score 15
(54) 9 * 6 items for IQ 130 scale score 16
(63) 9 * 7 items for IQ 135 scale score 17
(72) 9 * 8 items for IQ 140 scale score 18
(81) 9 * 9 items for IQ 145 scale score 19
(90) 9 * 10 items for IQ 150 scale score 20
(99) 9 * 11 items for IQ 155 scale score 21
(108) 9 * 12 items for IQ 160 scale score 22
(117) 9 * 13 items for IQ 165 scale score 23
(126) 9 * 14 items for IQ 170 scale score 24

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
From Intelligence tests on animals and toddlers scientists have grouped intelligence into these categories.

Space
Quantity
Causality

social skills of communication
social learning
theory-of-mind

From this and my previous ideas, I came up with. I now think that the mind maps reality simulates reality and changes reality. Mapping Reality, simulation, and changing reality can all be very complex. Complexity is important to defining intelligence because of creativity.

If we stick to the number of items a person can keep track of, the quantity, and not the 3d space nor causality but simply a pattern. I came up with this table to predict IQ.

I keep the number of items trackable in the mind squared for simplicity.

(x) = (IQ - 100)*1.8

108.88 IQ (16) 4
113.88 IQ (25) 5
120.00 IQ (36) 6
127.22 IQ (49) 7
135.55 IQ (64) 8
145.00 IQ (81) 9
155.55 IQ (100) 10
167.22 IQ (121) 11
180.00 IQ (144) 12
193.88 IQ (169) 13
208.88 IQ (196) 14

This is like if you were solving a really complex puzzle with say 144 parts for the 180 IQ person and you needed to keep track of all their interactions at the same time.

I am 113. I can keep track of 25 items at once but just cuz my speed is 27 points on my full scale. I have a nonverbal learning disability. Or I would be getting at least 120.

Another thing is that since the brain has different areas we can never know that IQ tests are truly measuring all control mechanisms of the brain. Cybernetic feedback control mechanisms I believe determine how intelligence is distributed throughout the brain.

I, for example, am mentally drawing disabled.
My drawing is below the Lebron James Drawing.

Eey4UPh.png

I believe the person that drew this is intelligent (The Basket Ball Player). This cannot be measured by an IQ test. We cannot measure the control mechanisms of the brain. Everyone is different. I daw bad but I may be good at other things.

Again the 6 aspects of intelligence are these. I believe they align with my map, simulate, change, complexity model of intelligence.

Space
Quantity
Causality

social skills of communication
social learning
theory-of-mind

This drawing is also really good.

GMhAkTU.jpg

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:10 PM
-->

I am taking this guy up on his advice. I had already more or less been doing this for the better part of a month and a half now. I have tweaked my schedule a bit to narrow my focus down to three primary areas:

Math
Psychology/The Brain
Self Improvement

I have a rotating schedule. I have one thing in each category I do 6 days a week. I have two other categories that I do 2X a week.

I have also been trying to implement Eisenhower's Matrix System to work on goals.

One of the most valuable things Jeffery said is to start reading something with the most basic information written in the most digestible way first. I was reading an in depth article on TBIs when I wanted to read about the brain, but I decided to scrap that in favor of so more easily digestible literature on the subject. It's really boosted my understanding of the brain and makes it far easier to remember the information this way.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I have found a very useful word to describe intelligence (nesting)
The brain has 180 sections are nested between each other.
I know my nested logic is 130 and my nested verbal is 130.
Nestested general is 130. information is 140.
I noticed that all I can do is abstract my verbal logic knowledge.
Other people have imaginations.
This can still be defined quantitatively, spatially and causatively.
This is, imagine a number of shapes in space in motion interacting.
Some people can play real-time strategy games with 250 objects on their screen at once.
I can only handle maybe 16 objects at once, it because I abstract I am not visual spacial.

I believe nesting is highly used in advanced A.I. programs not what marketers show to the public which is useless stuff. Things are way more advanced.

Because I can only abstract things I am very lonely because I mostly have nothing to do. If I could see things in my head I would have more options in creative things to do because you cannot do much abstract things but you can do many spatial visual things.

Being able to abstract at a nested level of 130 is ok I guess but only being able to handle 16 objects at a time 3d spatially is a drag. I would like to do 250 objects at a time 3d spatially. I would like to see pictures in my head instead of blackness. But the best I can hope for is that because of people smarter than the people marketers show us. We will have more advance A.I. coming soon based off of (nesting). We do not see what the really smart people have right now.

edit

The reason nesting is useful is that feedback can be used as a compression algorithm mechanism. To store more as a self-referenced system Perceptions and Actions. It can be used to model the world and people which is very useful.

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Executive Functioning (my video)

Intelligence is dependent on understanding causality and manipulating information. Working memory is distributed throughout the brain and determine the number of items you can hold and keep track of. By a process called reflection and also prioritization working memory manipulates items held according to leaned causal relations. Prioritization has been thoroughly studied in cybernetics and since the brain stores causal patterns in cortical columns, the activation of new sequences to find novelty solutions to problems would not be difficult. Memory as sparse coding in the brain allows access to causal patterns when manipulating variables in your head, the way white matter hooks up gray matter determine the number of items that can be prioritized. These items are not the same as what we might say painting is where 900 colors may be involved. The cortex can hold more patterns than what a person is physically capable of conscious manipulation.

A simple but not perfect scale of working memory is items = (IQ - 100)*1.8 - By some estimates, the smarted person alive was 235 IQ which meant (243) items held in working memory. My conscious working memory is 95 which is 1/9th of a person with a working memory of 100. I can subconsciously combine patterns I have stored but I cannot hold that many items in my head. I also came up with this term that is new to me called internal feedback. It is the reflection of brain areas like visual lobes and frontal lobes to create a comic book. Prioritization still happens which is know by cybernetics and memory management but it is all on the inside. The feedback between gray matter areas by white matter fiber tracks allows prioritization thus manipulation. New memories form because of these cycles and mental manipulation can be tested in the real world.

Since people have told me what their overall (total brain working memory is)
I thought I put it here. I can hold about 23 items in my head before I lose track.
I am very good at combining subconscious patterns. Others hold more than me.

Mnemomeme 175 (hive mind theory)
codesemien 160 (quantum telekinesis)
eldras 145 (invented superintelligence)
Amicus Mundi 130 (meta-consciousness theory)
Spikosauropod 125 (made a forum)
Animekitty 113 (internal feedback)

Fibers connect brain areas. (mental manipulation)
Patterns push on each other through the fibers requiring prioritization.
Prioritization comes from memory and memory comes from the experience of pattern interactions.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
In control theory in a network, there are the main attractors. Simply they keep the system balanced by moving the network around obstacles. Each part of the network influences other parts. Given 180 regions in the cortex, they must coordinate together to hold information about the environment, mentally manipulate the information to utilize it and tests hypotheses of those mental manipulations keeping on task and retracing steps if necessary. Control theory would posit this all happens in the connectivity of white matter fibers between the 180 regions and these areas hold memory in gray matter. A memory management system no simpler than 3 areas and three fiber tracks exchanging feedback. The only complexity is in the entire system a human uses to be intelligent (180 connected areas). The memory management system is meant to learn new problem-solving methods and to create new patterns. To both engage externally and to internally mentally engage with itself. To be basic it is learning to coordinate information utilization in response to feedback. It may be easiest to create A.I. in human form since we are best at this. But other forms of A.I. could be created that can learn as long as they have something to learn with.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
"To be basic it is learning to coordinate information utilization in response to feedback."

A control structure does this with white matter fibers allowing the exchange of information between regions internally and externally with the world. Control, it is all about control which is an information exchange in a structure. More complex structures can mentally manipulate more complexities. but it is not overly complicated because control is simply determining what should happen first with regard to interactions and goals.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
mental manipulation
combining patterns

Perception-action hierarchy
internal feedback and external feedback

map reality, simulate reality, act on reality

control theory/wire diagram, reflective feedback, change to predict as much as possible.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
WAIS-4 Test

Processing Speed PSI
Working Memory WMI
Perceptual Reasoning PRI
Verbal Comprehension VCI

Correspondence

The Speed at mental tasks PSI
Manipulation of items in head WMI
Using perception to reason PRI
Linguistic understanding VCI

Animekitty

My speed is 1 in 6 at the bottom of the population.
I have nothing in my head at all. Cannot mentally manipulate anything.
Percentage got better since 80 percent of my anxiety recently went away.
Langangauge: Homer Simpson: English spoke well me did. (I smart at it.)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Our results support the idea that white matter volume (WMV) is associated globally with processing speed performance regardless of the type of processing speed task.

The Relationship between Processing Speed and Regional White Matter Volume in Healthy Young People

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4580478/

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
The problem with autism is getting abstractions.
Autistic people perceive the world as it is.
And can deal with concrete things.
But have difficulty generalizing across things.
Abstract a core theme instead of focusing on everything.
That is what Jordan Peterson says.
Abstraction helps sumize and distill universalized planning strategies.
Abstraction also creates a hierarchy of conceptual understandings of the world.
The world is not just the way how it is but it is the way how it could be.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:10 AM
-->
Now this is what I'm talking about with regards to AI. A small misalignment in abstraction mechanisms leads to severe effects on the ability to navigate the world in humans. Now imagine constructing a machine whose default abstraction mechanism is nothing. For a machine to to understand even a simple sentence like

Don't walk in dark alleyways at night

it needs to have an extremely complex abstraction mechanism, coupled with the fact that it needs to have near infinite knowledge about human biology, human society, human evolution, etc etc. A machine is not born with a sense of danger, for example, like we are. Since it has no qualia, it needs to acquire all facts objectively, and perform computation on this near-infinite amount of data on the fly in any given situation. For anyone who knows anything about computability, even computing the meaning of one sentence like that would probably take millions of years for a computer.

And yeah, I know, I'm thinking "inside the box", I don't see the marvelous possibilities of computation etc etc. That's like telling a physicist he doesn't know what he's talking about when he says it's impossible to fly by flapping your arms.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Since I am working on A.I. I understand that asking questions in a back and forth manner is essential to A.I. because humans reasoning even with children is how children learn. And a hierarchical self-organization of path structure must be in place to understand perception and language. To self-organize by having paths of how information flows in the system change how that information is directed would allow the back and forth reasoning to arrange again a hierarchy of paths that can generalize reality. Perception especially being a path structure predicts perceptions where signal passes through the paths. All this is about directing information thus a structure of paths. Feedback changes where things are directed creating an efficient effective asymmetric mapping of the world. Since the world is asymmetrical. This is the process: Map reality, manipulate the map, change reality. Paths that direct information, feedback too better match/predict reality, a hierarchy for abstraction and imagine future reality, then acting in reality.

That is my plan for creating A.I.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Two weeks ago 80 percent of my anxiety went away in 2 days. 90 percent of it is gone by now. I found out what each index in the wais4 actually represents:

Decreased speed is a decrease in white matter volume. (bottom 1 in 6)
I just cannot hold an manipulate items in my head. (bottom 1 in 1.5)
I can use my perception to reason well. (top 1 in 10)
I have good linguistic understanding. (top 1 in 60)

Using my equation (items) = (IQ-100)*1.8

negative numbers are division by 1.8

(-7.7) Processing speed
(-2.7) Working memory
(37.8) Perceptual reasoning
(56.6) Verbal comprehension

(items) is the complexity putting things together, an example is in working memory the number of items I can manipulate in my head is half the average person. I feel like I cannot do it at all. In verbal I can understand and put together 56 more items than the average person. But working memory being so low I am just so board without constant stimulation. Working memory is what allows people to create technology in their head and other such things I can't do.

If I cannot use working memory to mentally manipulate my ideas and put them together then I am just stuck talking about them because I cannot make them in my head.

I can only theorize about them not make them in my head.

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
plan in real time (execute tasks)
hold items in head (mental manipulation)
recognize shapes, causality (see the answer)
linguistic understanding (know what words mean)

me

tasks (bottom 1 in 6)
head (bottom 1 in 1.5)
seeing (top 1 in 10)
words (top 1 in 60)

rarity does not equate to quantitative calculative power.
This is what concrete numbers would look like on average being,
(1/27 speed)(1/9 memory)(37.8 perceptual)(57.6 linguistic)
one point worth of information manipulated at IQ 100.
Information manipulation being distributed throughout the brain.

I complete tasks 1/27 the time IQ 100 does so at 1 being standard
information average information manipulation at IQ 100.
Memory is 1/9 of one at IQ 100. I manipulate information 1/9 the,
information a person can manipulate at IQ 100 in my head.

The opposite cases for perceptual and linguistic.
I do a lot more with them.

I only wish I could do tasks fast and manipulate in my head to the same level as the other two. I understand things that I am unable to execute or put together in my head. So this is why I thought I had a mental block but if this is natural then I am just in a predicament. I really want to put things together in my head. And I know tasks take me time. I will need to rely more on my perceptual to get things done and talking to people. But it is still difficult staring at a blank page not knowing what to do.

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
emphasis: I cannot hold that much in my head and definitely cannot manipulate it in there. I wish I could hold a lot in my head and put it together to create things. For anyone with a decent working memory they would understand what "putting it together" means. When I have random thoughts at night and free associate I almost get that feeling, but it is not the same because working memory is not random it is ordered at least in keeping track of everything at once. My thoughts are just random not being kept tracked very well. Whats worse is that I am 6 times slower than the average person at putting things together. A psychologist said I may have problems planing in real time.

The main point is the number of things I can hold onto in my head, what I can do with them and the speed I can do this at. (language doesn't count, I edit like hell anyway)

I have a notebook that I stare at with my pen for maybe 10 minutes at a time when I am waiting for appointments and nothing pops into my mind. If I am lucky I write down two sentences. I think it is important to be able to put things together in your head. My mind is black most of the time. And it is difficult to work out my ideas if all I do is stare at blank paper without being able to think. I know for example my A.I. system needs rules but I just can't think how they should work.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
My main A.I. thesis is that feedback builds a world map inside us that also makes us self-aware. All systems are feedback error correction and accuracy rewiring units. In the Brain certain circuits dominate. They prevent the map from becoming more complex or make it lopsided. I had bad anxiety and I found it hard to do/learn certain things. To perceive music and see properly. Currently, 95 percent of my anxiety has disappeared in the past 3 weeks. There is just some pain left over I am making better. I see and hear better but most of all I feel I can grasp myself from the inside. I can do more with my mind which is my definition of intelligence. If the complexity of the feedback loops increases and increases then the map will get more complex and that will be an increase in intelligence. Its all about having reality in your head high resolution. The right feedback inside and outside will make you smarter. But mental blocks can prevent this. I see and hear much better without anxiety and with better mental clarity I will be able to mentally manipulate more when I make the pain better. I like how my body feels more fluid.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
To recap how I found the conversion of IQ to items on tests puzzles

First:
I found two IQ question, the first one I could solve.
The 115 IQ test had 27 items on it
The 145 IQ test had 81 item on it

81 and 27 are multiples of 3 so I divides by 3

IQ(15/3=5)
items(27/3=9) so 5 points = 9 items

so items = ((IQ-100) / 5) * 9
27 item = (15/5)*9
81 items (45/5)*9

Then I simplified

27/15=1.8
81/45=1.8

so items in IQ puzzle = (IQ-100)*1.8

I am able to solve puzzles with 27 components in them. This is just one pattern and a component may become more complex shapes but its the number of items in the puzzle that is the current issue at hand. I could not solve the puzzle with 81 parts to it. A person with an IQ of 170 can solve puzzles with 126 pieces all at once by my calculation. The mind-boggling part is that usually a person can hold all items in their head and solve the problem in their head. At best I could solve problems with 6 items in my head at once whereas these people are doing 126 at once. I need to look at the 27 items to keep track of them but in my head, I barely do 6 items.

I am good at putting words together but not putting things together in puzzles that is needed in tech fields. I like to work on theories with words. But I have a small box in my head for mental manipulation puzzles. Sometimes when my box works I feel happy because I felt accomplished for solving a problem. I imagine it is how gamers feel when they use tools to solve problems in games. I wish I felt that way more often. That is why I said someplace else I am getting rid of the mental blockages I have. I want to be able to hold more in my mind to solve puzzles.

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Calculating Rick Sanchez IQ
The smartest man in the universe.

2i94fLJ.png

IQ (Rarity#) zeros
100 ()0
115 ()1
130 ()2
145 ()3
160 ()5
175 ()7
190 ()10
205 ()13
220 ()17
235 ()21

1 plannet per galaxy
10^10 people per plannet
10^10 galaxies per universe

20 zeros = 9 standard deviations = IQ 235

Rick Sanchez IQ 235, is on is one in 10^20 people in the universe.

doing more = (IQ – 100)*1.8

243 = (235-100)*1.8

Rick Sanchez can hold and manipulate 243 items in his head simultaneously.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I can only consciously keep track of 5 things at once.
In my subconscious, I can keep track of a lot more.
I can see a puzzle and solve it if it has less than 27 parts.
That is in my subconscious.
The conscious and subconscious work together.
But my working memory is so low I have problems.
Like I said, my mind is empty and I stare blankly at my notebook.
Nothing comes out of my mind, and I hold nothing, it is empty.
I like how some told me once he thinks many thoughts at once.
It would be fun to do puzzles in my head consciously no external references.

In order to understand how people can think about multiple things at the same time, you need to understand control theory. Control theory is what allowed your brain to learn to tie its shoes at 4-5 years old. It allows you to balance and prioritize thoughts and store them in memory. White matter determines how many things your brain can prioritize at any given moment into your memory.

ergo, prioritization is intelligence

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
At the library, I noticed the comics again and I was Thinking about prioritization and memory and maps of reality. It makes my mind feel so small that I can only draw smiley face stick figures and some people can draw catgirls like my avatars that look like hyper-realism 3D environments. Prioritization is only Judgment but photorealism drawing is Perception. And motion is 4D drawing perceptions photorealism. And then there in the computer digital animation people for all movies. It's just amazing.

So I think looking at the pictures in the comic books. They already have smart computers like humans and such. People draw good and I draw stick figures. And people understand intelligence and I have cognitive deficits so why not they already have it. I never could make a physics simulation of water, they can. But I understand that grids are involved. I think that I understand it I just cannot make it just like I can't draw but they can so I think about it. They have big computers. Or it could be a number of smart people that can draw and program that know how to make computers smart. I just know that it seems that people that draw seem smarter than me. I am good at organizing my thoughts and realizing hidden patterns. I know/understand things people think normally people should not know.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I am not creative I'm analytical.
It's hard to be in secluded places for me.
There is nothing for my mind to work on.
So nothing comes out.
This happens often just in my home.
Creative people need nothing to work on.
Stuff just happens in their head automatically.
My head does not do that, it needs something external.
Creatives are internal to themselves.

IQ tests do not measure creativity only analytical calculation. Internal feedback loops are divergence vs convergent IQ. IQ is only convergent. IQ test does not measure all cognitive ability it is only convergent.

Divergent minds only need the internal mind loop to create. It is self-sufficient loop need no external input mostly. Convergent cannot work without external stimuli.

Super important main point.
Creatives can work simply from in their head alone. I can't do that. I cannot be alone and work only from my head. That is just something about me.

Last edited:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I wish I could be in my head and do stuff in there. That is all I want.

Bt5VTDZ.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
logic
a = b
equivalency

rationality
2/3 ratio
proportionality

reason
if x then y
conditional

analysis
simplification

synthesis
recombination

analytical
breakdown problems into steps

intuitive
know a solution implicitly skipping steps

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Creativity loop

I have been thinking about how creativity works. I think about it as a loop the spins and generates new ideas. But another way to think about it is called reflection like when people bounce ideas off each other but this happens in the head. Ideas trigger and recombine other ideas. This is how imagination works the frontal lobes send signals to the vision centers and they send signals to the frontal lobes. They go back and forth in 3D images and controlling what it created. That is where I get the loop idea from is that back and forth stuff is created. I happen not to be able to see images in my head, I have Aphantasia. But I realize that thinking is this reflection loop that creates stuff in the head. Generally, people just call it thinking. IQ tests cannot measure creativity because the cannot measure the loop, not the unique loop a person may have. So creativity by intelligence tests is not considered a form of intelligence. As in the ability to generate internally.

I do most of my thinking in my unconscious and that means the reflection loop does not bounce off itself in words or images consciously but ghostlike invisible. This means my head is empty most times starting in different directions trying to grasp what comes next. I rely on what pops up next in my head and pause a lot to know what to think next. I cannot just make ideas pop out by making the loop bounce things around. I had Disassociation for around 6 years of my life from 2007-2013. I was disconnected from most everything because everything important to me seemed gone. So I stopped thinking thoughts and nothing in my head seemed to be internally connected and synergistic. If we just generally say thinking is when stuff happens in the head, you do mental stuff in their, I was not doing that. Today put me in an empty room I cannot think to entertain myself. I have a notebook, in an empty room, I cannot make stuff come out of my head onto the notebook. I just do not have an internal feedback loop that allows me to be inside my head and produce stuff.

What I rely on most is my ability use logic to construct language in such a way to conceptually explain abstract ideas in simple terms. I am good at analysis but mostly I do so for my own research. I am not good at stories with elaborations and all that. So I do not really put things together such that it expands and expands and expands. I am trying to find the shortest path and the most perfect compact, complete, simple representation. My Crystallized intelligence is 155 and Fluid intelligence is 130. But this is not creativity. creativity is the loop that expands and expands. I know stuff and I can order it. But when I want to design something like my A.I. system I do not know where to start. I am detail focused and do not understand the steps of an entire system. I do not know how to make modular designs. I am bad at engineering. I do not know where to begin. The problem is not that I do not know everything about the parts. The loop in my head will not spin to put them together. I just stare at my notebook.

Creativity is thinking is intelligence.
It is just that it is an internal reflector that pops up ideas.
That is why people say thinking happens in the head, that thinking is experienced in the head.
People in an empty room or in a park think or daydream.
They come up with stuff with no need for the outside world to give input.
Creativity is internal in the head. At least this is the creativity I lack.
I do feel a real pressure in the frontal lobes when I have problems thinking.
Some people have an internal loop in their head that they create from.
It just goes back and forth generating ideas and all that.
This happens without any external input.
Not saying creativity is only internal.
There is also an external creative loop.
I use that sometimes but it’s weak.
The internal loop is nonexistent for me.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Feeling things out

The reason people can hold thoughts in their heads in because they have internal mental images and sounds in their heads. They can see the drawing and see the mechanical device or math problem and do what they do in their head with it. I cannot hold anything in my head because I have no mental images or sounds. So I cannot create anything in my mind. What I get are feelings of the way things should be. Like solving a puzzle but not mostly creating things myself. It is more like open-ended tool use and technology utilization. It is not simply created from nothing or expanded as in one idea turns into a whole system. Like a flower is drawn into a garden. I see if something can be done in a new way but it is not spontaneous generation.

So I just get a feeling of how something can be done. It has to do with tech things. But I also understand philosophical things. I can only get these feelings when I have something in front of me that I can stare at it until I know what it can do. I can feel what it is supposed to do well some have to work things out in steps. I think that if I could hold things in my head I would still feel things out but people that do steps and hold things in their heads even now when I can’t hold things they can make things in their heads like an artist can make the drawing before they draw it. I can feel things out even without creating anything in my head but I need help from people like them to make my smart computer. I have all the conceptual and theoretical principles, I just need the design based on them. I do wonder about the experience to create things in the mind.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
SAT-IQ is composed of Verbal and Math/logic

But this only covers 2 of 5 aspects of IQ

They are

1. Verbal
2. Math/logic

3. Visual/Spacial
4. Working memory
5. Speed

The last three I have severe impairments in.

I can’t draw
I can’t hold things in my head
I can’t move my eyes fast

They all add together

1. 140
2. 140
3. 80
4. 95
5. 85

Total = 108

So it doesn’t matter my score is 1471. I am still 108.
These 5 items reinforce each other at the same level.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
If the basics of intelligence is to take in information, hold it and then do something with it. Then the speed this happens is important. Thinking includes both perception and action. This is the perception-action cycle. What ties this all together is that the neocortex does something with the information and the hippocampus stores the result for later converting the new data into memories. The cortex needs to work in parallel to do something with the information taken in and send it to the hippocampus that normally allows access to this new information back the to cortex over 24 hours. Sometimes the hippocampus or cortex works better than the other yet they are inherently linked.

General Intelligence (g) is a combination of both hippocampus and cortex. Verbal is in the cortex and perceptual reasoning is in the cortex. Their reliance on new memories is in the hippocampus. Working memory relays on memory also but also the 4 areas in the brain that hold information and do something with it. Processing speed relays on the cerebellum that coordinates all areas of the cortex. Coordination is key to speed.

(g) is a structure. Specifically, you hold information, do something with it and store it in memory. This structure links the front and back of the brain. New memories formed improve the function of the structure. The structure can be asymmetric when compared to the structure in different people yet handle the same amount of information, manipulating it in different ways. Front to back to front. Working memory need not affect this front back cognitive process. But it is just as important as processing speed. Coordination, holding information, Reasoning as manipulation and memory storage. They all play a part.

(g) as perception and executive function, working together, it the center of cognition.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Control theory is basically the order of operations of a circuit feedback system. White matter fiber tracks create this circuit between the memory modules of gray matter. Depending on the arrangement of control paths (white matter) internal control of memory determines intelligence. Control is prioritization so the more the brain can handle the more complex situations it can handle, and the more complex creations it can make. Prioritizing means the brain is holding more and doing more if the control pathways utilize memory to control more. Training gray matter/memory can program the control mechanisms to become more efficient but generally, the number of control paths are set and a high number of paths means the ability to do more.

When memory is programmed psychological development occurs.
This development allows a general understanding of the world opposite of narrow.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I define intelligence as:
The ability to do more and more in your head simultaneously.

part of that is the ability to understand abstract rules called patterns.

second is the number of patterns one can deal with at a time.

patterns can be seen or verbal

but rules matter because the world operates on causality.

abstractions are just higher sets of causality to solve problems.

a good way to solve a problem is to know the steps (rules) to solve it.

if you make up your own rules that is creativity.

as long as it works a complex task requires doing more in your head.

certain tasks are to difficult or take too long for people without abstract ability.

(Quantity, Causality, Shape)

The world follows rules.

The more rules you understand and can recombine the more intelligent you are.

Top Bottom