• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Dreams and the Subconscious

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
Today 4:13 AM
-->
Basic dream analysis tool: try interpreting the characters in the dream as YOU. Most of the time, they are. Sometimes they aren't.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
All of my dreams are really weird.
I used to have horrible insomnia; I couldn't sleep at all. I would just lie in bed with my eyes closed, sort of pretending to sleep. But I would never actually fall asleep, and if I did it was just for an hour or so.
But when I did manage to fall asleep for a long time, I would have these crazy dreams. I remember most of them in detail.
There was one in particular that I've since named "The Nightmare"... Near the end of it, I was in my house (it was all broken down and had an extra wall in the hallway somehow) and I went into my room. There was this alien/monster in the wall next to my bed. This wall was closed and I couldn't see it, but I could hear it. It was doing somersaults, very slowly, and I could hear it dripping, clinking, making these horrible grinding metallic sounds, and sloshing like it was full of liquid. I left my room (in the dream still) and walked into the hallway, and in the extra wall, there was another one of the alien monsters. The wall was open and I could see it.. It didn't have any skin, or if it did it transparent. I could see its heart and lungs and veins, and with each breath the creature took, blood sort of oozed through it. I could hear dripping again, along with these horrible heaving breaths.
Then I woke up.
I was really freaked out because of the dream. I sat up, really short of breath and over all terrified. But then I realized that I could STILL HEAR THE MONSTER sounds coming from the wall right next to me! It was mainly the dripping, but there were some little metallic clicks too. The dripping was really loud, and I tried closing my eyes but it just got worse. It was terrifying.
I left my room, and walked down the hallway to the bathroom, and the sounds followed me down the entire hallway through the walls.
It finally stopped when I turned on the sink.
But yeah, that whole experience was super terrifying and I'm still partially convinced that I was visited by aliens.

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
Far more likely that monsters in the dream are "you". Plus you got real world sounds impinging on your dream state.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 8:13 AM
-->
So the opening scene of this dream was me in some sort of prison getting into an altercation with an armed guard, and me managing to grab his rifle and restrain him against a wall with the pressure applied on it... But with some weird sexual subtext.. He was a hot guard.

Next scene is me and some other inmates in the courtyard, where I learn that I'm a vampire and vampires and other dangerous human inmates are housed there, but us vampires are the enemies of all.

We all had these really cool blue eyes.

Then there was this huge water facility which me and some other vampires were overlooking and discussing how the water route could be an escape out.

Next scene - I'm walking through the prisons bar, yes an ACTUAL bar with a pool table and everything lol.

The bars deserted but someone comes up behind me, I turn around and its an old flame of mine. We strike some conversation about how we always bump into each other when we least expect it.

Next scene - me and some vampires making a break for it in some large trucks, but I'm struggling with mine and so this one vampire dude tells me to do something, but I'm like "I'm not strong enough to do that!" But he's like "Yes you are, you have strength remember!" So I try and it works and I'm like "oh yea!" .. Then we continue to make a get away...

I was really, really enjoying this dream but some sod woke me up for like the third time, and so that was the end of that.

Fucking cool dream. I'm gunna try and jump back into it tonight.

Reoccurring themes this last year: Internment, trucks and sex.

Weird, right.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
So the other night I was dreaming about Edgar Hoover and the FBI..and the following night I dreampt about some gross and disturbing things.

I think the stuff I was reading about was the influence.

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
A few days ago I dreamt I was homeless, sleeping on some kind of concrete platform with other homeless people, like a train station or truck loading dock or something. Something transportative. I woke up and I was... homeless in my car! But the dream was about a completely different kind of homeless.

TheAdditional1

The Pharaohs Advocate
Local time
Today 1:13 AM
-->
Sounds like a lot of Twilight/Orange is the New Black Fan Fic there, Sinny!

Or maybe Interview with a Vampire/Prison Break?

No wait - definitely Underworld/Shawshank Redemption fan fic.

So the opening scene of this dream was me in some sort of prison getting into an altercation with an armed guard, and me managing to grab his rifle and restrain him against a wall with the pressure applied on it... But with some weird sexual subtext.. He was a hot guard.

Next scene is me and some other inmates in the courtyard, where I learn that I'm a vampire and vampires and other dangerous human inmates are housed there, but us vampires are the enemies of all.

We all had these really cool blue eyes.

Then there was this huge water facility which me and some other vampires were overlooking and discussing how the water route could be an escape out.

Next scene - I'm walking through the prisons bar, yes an ACTUAL bar with a pool table and everything lol.

The bars deserted but someone comes up behind me, I turn around and its an old flame of mine. We strike some conversation about how we always bump into each other when we least expect it.

Next scene - me and some vampires making a break for it in some large trucks, but I'm struggling with mine and so this one vampire dude tells me to do something, but I'm like "I'm not strong enough to do that!" But he's like "Yes you are, you have strength remember!" So I try and it works and I'm like "oh yea!" .. Then we continue to make a get away...

I was really, really enjoying this dream but some sod woke me up for like the third time, and so that was the end of that.

Fucking cool dream. I'm gunna try and jump back into it tonight.

Reoccurring themes this last year: Internment, trucks and sex.

Weird, right.

TheAdditional1

The Pharaohs Advocate
Local time
-->
@Nebulous - [Disclaimer: My background started as Mech Eng. major/Psychology minor for a few years, before switching to Real Estate Development major and Architecture minor; I work in the construction department of a RED company, and hope to span out to RED on a more social & urban planning scale. That's the context of my response here]:

I would imagine that's the MEP (Mech/Elect/Plumbing) of your house/apartment stimulating your dreams. Kind of stating the obvious, but the HVAC (mechanical noise) + water lines would create very relevantly & symbolically contradicting elements.

The interesting thing is how your mind took those contradicting elements and manifested it as something specifically horrifying and unknown.

To draw from my own thoughts these days, there is again a contradiction between mechanical things and things more fluid. My ultimate goal in life at the moment, among other things, is social solutions - fixing the social system and culture. So I'm trying to think of social solutions through real estate development/public planning. In that light, to me mechanical = rules and 'immovable' structures of society, which often become intrinsic to the point of losing its original purpose (but it reminds the idiots how to breathe and lets them feel empowered by dictating to others how to likewise breathe), while fluidity = the projected patterns of a better world, and one more suitable to the more global and more progressive and self-sustained society of the future.

In other words, fluidity = freedom and more efficient success in a responsible world; potential of a better future. || Retroactively, dripping/water sound = fluidity; ticking = mechanical. Or structural, rather.

To return from that background-elucidating tangent, these thoughts I just shared are meant to highlight how those mechanical vs. fluidity sounds can be more symbolic of the mechanisms of these systems as a whole. I imagine many INTP's think of the world in some similar terms for another - and again both the incompatibility, and the current unknown of any solution to this incompatibility, can be very frustrating - on a subconscious & psychological level (i.e. dreams) could manifest as something horrifying and unknown - an alien monster trapped in the same structure as we are.

With the overly visceral organs that you saw - maybe this [suggested] misgivings also affect you on an existential level as well? They certainly do for me sometimes, especially when the inefficiencies of society have a very direct hindrance on my lifestyle that I'm not entirely sure will ever be fixed.

How do you think that goes to rationalizing your dream there?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
So the other night I was dreaming about Edgar Hoover and the FBI..and the following night I dreampt about some gross and disturbing things.

I think the stuff I was reading about was the influence.

Last week I had dream a about Operation Gladio .. Then some weird fantasy one a couple of nights ago - but I forget the details, and this morning's dream was about Brigadier General James Joy and the Waco Massacre...

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Sounds like a lot of Twilight/Orange is the New Black Fan Fic there, Sinny!

Or maybe Interview with a Vampire/Prison Break?

No wait - definitely Underworld/Shawshank Redemption fan fic.

Underworld meets Prison Break ;)

Procinogen

Devil's Advocate
Local time
-->
I used to remember my dreams a lot, when I was younger. It's a lot harder to remember now. The dreams I can remember now are surreal, sort of. I can remember one of my dreams very vividly, though...

I'm by a cliff side. It was a very nice day, in that dream. I don't really remember the details. I then get up. I start walking toward the cliff. I try to stop myself. I can't control myself. I try to turn around, but my body doesn't redirect from its course. I try to stop my legs, but they keep moving. I keep walking forward, until I fall down... A second or two passes, then I wake up, and flinch, as if I was actually falling, and just hit the ground.

Local time
Today 9:13 AM
-->
There have been a few occasions where the medium of my dreams have been images of words.

Ordered essays, dialogues, and so forth. Very strange. I am able to see the words clearly (they are generally 'floating' upon a contrasting background in a structured form, as if on paper, where, there is limit to width, and the height is limitless). I retain a great deal of the information, at-least temporarily, upon wakening.

Other times, the content of my dreams, are continuations of my past experiences, for example, a social event, where the setting is indistinguishable from reality, and the dynamic generally follows the logical patterns of past inter-actions. This is pronounced when I drink.

Further, a significant number of my dreams depict beautiful sceneries; natural landscapes. Very simple and steady shots where the 'film camera' is fixed in place... My favourites.

Here's another perspective relating to dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_8wgDx9_4

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
It's kind of nice that you get to see reality in your dreams...

...All the ones I see are quite illogical- but interesting. Like the one about people evacuating a hurricane by climbing up these balloon strings attached to the ceiling of some room(which was pretty high). It ended with the same people chasing the hurricane's waves (which were apparently in the room).

:confused:It never occurred again though...

Local time
-->
It's weird. Of-course, I too, get chaotic dreams.

Due to the ambiguity, interpretation is difficult, but apparently, one can try.

For example, your dream can be interpreted like so:

The hurricane represents danger; it is an external force to be reckoned with. It is beyond one's control, a fact of one's reality. The balloon strings, and one's ability to climb up, shifting to a greater vantage point to fully perceive the danger, as a representation of strength, and finally, the fulfillment of an adequate response, as a result of achieving clarity at said vantage point, being represented by the chasing of the hurricane waves.

Who knows, perhaps, this interpretation correlates, in some way, with your life at that particular moment in time. I doubt it.

Seems cliché, no? Dreams generally seem to represent conflict and overcoming in some form, it seems.

iQuoththeraven

Probably hiding in my room
Local time
-->
All of my dreams are really weird.
I used to have horrible insomnia; I couldn't sleep at all. I would just lie in bed with my eyes closed, sort of pretending to sleep. But I would never actually fall asleep, and if I did it was just for an hour or so.
But when I did manage to fall asleep for a long time, I would have these crazy dreams. I remember most of them in detail.
There was one in particular that I've since named "The Nightmare"... Near the end of it, I was in my house (it was all broken down and had an extra wall in the hallway somehow) and I went into my room. There was this alien/monster in the wall next to my bed. This wall was closed and I couldn't see it, but I could hear it. It was doing somersaults, very slowly, and I could hear it dripping, clinking, making these horrible grinding metallic sounds, and sloshing like it was full of liquid. I left my room (in the dream still) and walked into the hallway, and in the extra wall, there was another one of the alien monsters. The wall was open and I could see it.. It didn't have any skin, or if it did it transparent. I could see its heart and lungs and veins, and with each breath the creature took, blood sort of oozed through it. I could hear dripping again, along with these horrible heaving breaths.
Then I woke up.
I was really freaked out because of the dream. I sat up, really short of breath and over all terrified. But then I realized that I could STILL HEAR THE MONSTER sounds coming from the wall right next to me! It was mainly the dripping, but there were some little metallic clicks too. The dripping was really loud, and I tried closing my eyes but it just got worse. It was terrifying.
I left my room, and walked down the hallway to the bathroom, and the sounds followed me down the entire hallway through the walls.
It finally stopped when I turned on the sink.
But yeah, that whole experience was super terrifying and I'm still partially convinced that I was visited by aliens.

You handled it much better than I would have.
If it were me, I wouldn't have even bothered to venture out of my room.
At least, not until the noise had stopped and day was beginning to break. ^^'

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
Hmm....have any of you had any "good" dreams lately?...
---
All of my dreams recently have been plagued with violence and horror...
:ahh:

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 7:13 PM
-->
I had a dream the other day that my cat wanted a cookie. The reason for the dream is that while shopping I was going to buy cookies but decided not to (so the decision to buy the cookies was pushed into my subconscious), so my animal/instinctual side had a desire for cookies which was expressed by my pet wanting a cookie in my dream.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
So.. I forget the details, but this dream ended earlier like thus: Me and this dude (who were for some reason travel companions) attended a local community gathering, at what in real life is my old school building, but in this dream just served as a community hub of some sort..

There were lots of people at this thing, eating, drinking, networking..

But me and him had ulterior motives, and we kept disappearing into darkend spaces to discuss a plan we were hatching.

We needed resources, and then we needed to return to our journey (what journey and why?!)

Then the plan came about. We'd just rob a wealthy individual on our way out, and then get off.

I was given a weapon of some sort, told to pick a target and to get on with it.

I concealed my weapon, covertly but not perfectly, we were counting on haste.

We both made our way through the building, weaving in and out of the crowd, and made for the exit, a target would be found outside..

We arrive outside, I'm leading us.. We are away from the main gathering, and nobody is outside with us - save for one individual up ahead in the car park, messing around with their car boot.

I'm encouraged by my companion to hurriedly approach from behind, do the need, and we'll make the get away..

I agree, and tell him to keep up as we scale the car park..

But as I get closer to the target I realise its just a defenceless, African Caribbean lady, who is most likely a church going old granny -

My conscience kicks in, and I hiss back behind me that I can't go through with this in good conscience. My partner hisses back that this is no time for a conscience, or cold feet, and that I should know how imperative our needs are -

At this point we're striding past the woman, and I'm conflicted. I don't want to do this, but he's right, we need to do something.

I exclaim in frustration, and look down towards the heavy weapon I'm concealing, I make up my mind, turn around and chuck it to his feet behind me.

Do it then, I tell him.

Then I turn my back to him, and increase the distance between us. I glance back in time to see that we had startled the woman - but too late, as he expertly side stepped round to the back of her and pumped her with 5 blasts from the nail gun.

I close my eyes , and turn away, allowing guilt and sadness to wash over me a minute.

But for only a minute, for all feelings are pushed to the side when my partner in crime dashes over to me, and passes me telling me that the deed is done, and let's be on our way.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I dreamt last night that Minuend died. Can't remember the circumstances. Latte was sad.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
Before I forget, let me write this oddity down. (Especially as it contained a few INTPF members.)

Although fully grown, I must have been a kid because I was playing on these steps and walls we used to clamber around on as kids. My mother shows up and says she'd like to take me somewhere. So into the car I get and she takes me up into the hills, where there now happens to be a park in the middle of some farmland. And she expects me to start playing. Yet instead I look a bit bewildered and explain I am no longer a kid.

She's gone now, as is the park. For some reason, Sinny is now stood in front of me and for some reason is speaking to me by holding up a piece of paper with bubble writing on it. I can only respond using my phone. Plus, Creeping Death and Zerkalo are kind of stood off to the side staring weirdly at us. Now there is a path of streetlights going through this field that comes on so I follow it and leave Sinny stood in the middle of nowhere to go back to whence she came.

I have to walk through my old neighbourhood to a street I don't think I ever walked down. A Ranger Rover stops and beeps at me and I believe this to be important at the time. I go into a cafe (that doesn't exist in RL), and there the Process Supervisor from 3% asks if I have completed my test of arranging a meeting with a stranger. I have no idea what he's talking about, but I know I have to pass the Proccess, so I pretend that I did. Now I have to sweep the floors before I can go to the Offshore and it's a serious mess with people, children and prams everywhere and the debris is an inch thick off the ground. Plus I've got this huge impractical sweeping brush to use. But somehow manage to accomplish the task.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
Alarm clock - wake up time.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Last night's would have made a premise for an interesting horror movie.

I'm on holiday at a park somewhat similar to Butlins. But there are a lot more outdoor pools all over the place. And there in less the problem. As the sun starts to go down, we notice faces in the water reminiscent of the bog from LOTR. Then people start seeing things over the water. As it gets dark, people start feeling hypnotised by these things and when they touch the things they see, they get dragged into the water.

We soon take refuge in the pavilion and suggest everyone stays inside. Unfortunately, the power goes out. We agree that four of us (who happen to be Sinny, Setechete and a lovely blond lady who says she's Yellow), will go and get it back on. How, I have no idea. But we make our way there. "Yellow" is extremely level headed and leads the group. Thankfully, none of us seem affected by the hypnotising power of whatever it is. We make it and pull a big lever to turn it back on. Mission accomplished.

Now for the return. The things over the water are gaining power and are now spreading. As we are running, chaos begins to break lose. I'm almost gotten by some feral vampires but manage to make it. The of us got back - Sinny didn't make it. No one knows what happened to her. We get back inside and it starts to rain. Now the things are at the windows trying to get in - almost anything haunting or unpleasant. Some kids are hypnotised by some flying toys which, whilst we try to stop them, they manage to get to and get dragged off screaming.

The water is getting inside and we realise that once you touch the water, you've had it. Everyone is panicking and running. People are getting dragged into the water all over the place.

The three of us are still together. We run for higher ground. Not sure how, but Sete doesn't make it (I think he fell on the stairs). The water is rising.

Now "Yellow" and I are just sat on the balcony. The last ones still alive. The water is still rising and we realise we're completely and utterly screwed. Yet just sit there calmly and wait.

And that's where it ended.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Haha, Sinny got out of there and left you all to your doom. If I'm not leading, I'm plotting.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I've been permanently pissed off for the last week because I've been attempting to complete some mental and physical exercises to help better remember my dreams.

But each and every morning someone has either woke me abruptly or interrupted me abruptly.

Grr.

I've been dreaming evey night. But I cant remember the details.

I know I was dreaming about Jimmy Savile a night or two ago... and theres been a lot of violence and dastardly deeds.

Rixus

Local time
-->
For some reason, I felt quite certain you had gotten away and was OK. Despite the fact that the others said your fate was obvious.

I don't usually remember them very often. This week, I've had 4 very vivid dreams. I thought I'd post those two as forum members made guest appearances, which was kind of amusing. Probably because both times, a post from you was the last thing I saw before going to sleep. The other had no such guest appearances, but were both violent and erotic (one of which involved a guy and his 4 mates turning up to catch me in bed with his wife - which got quite violent.) Not really sure why.

Starfishtea

Memer
Local time
-->
I experienced sleep paralysis two months ago and have only been able to remember one dream since then, but it scores far too high on the gross factor for me to post about it.
I used to remember approximately 3-7 dreams per night earlier this year so this is quite a sad development for me. My dreams often feel very profound but the overall theme is dark. When I was at my most productive dream period I would have a shared consciousness with every being in the dream, fully understanding their every motive and feeling and it made everything a lot more interesting, in contrast to my real life back then.

ToddRyler

Local time
-->
Wikipedia says one can have as many as 7 dreams in a single sleep. I tend to have quite vivid dreams, mostly related to the stuff i learned in school: me performing some experiment, explaining some concept to someone else, and such.
I am able to remember 2 or even 3 dreams sometimes when i wake up, but then i rapidly forget them as the day progresses. So, i had begun to write my dreams down.
I remember i had this really insightful dream a few years ago, in which i was some kind of a super-hero, fighting a monster that could continuously regenerate any part of it that i damaged. I had been fighting it for quite sometime, and no matter how direct my hits would be, the monster would always regenerate in full, and i on the other hand, was getting tired of the fight, to the point that i feared losing. Then, an idea struck me and i decided to enclose that monster in a box (which i was able to summon just by thinking of it, thankfully), and then by my super-hero powers, i kept shrinking the box (it was a strong, magical box :D). And the smaller i made the box, the lesser the monster could move, and eventually, i was able to bind it completely.
When i woke up, i tried to figure out what that dream meant, and i came up with this:
The more i get hyper about my problems, the worse the situation may get. Instead, put i should it in a box and deal with it rationally, calmly. In a sense, be the master of this monster and instead of trying hard to fight it, just try to figure it out :D

Rixus

Local time
-->
Last night I dreamt that WW3 began. Rather unexpectedly, France dropped a nuke on my local city. Why anyone would do this is anyone's guess since it no strategic value, but there you go. Drop a nuke on it they did. The mushroom cloud in the distance (about 25 miles away) was the first we heard of it and suddenly we realised the world was basically over. Everyone else seemed to think this was something they'd feared for some time and was almost expected at this point, while I'm stll in the dark as to what's going on.

TV was still working, which informed us that the US, UK and Japan were now at war with China, Russia and for some reason France. It was then that the dog fight erupted over the smouldering wasteland of the city. I had a full cinematic view of the fight between a half dozen British and Chinese pilots in jets that seemed a little overly advanced so maybe this was in the future and that's why I had no idea what had happened to lead up to this.

After hearing about the counterstrike against France on the news (where we destroyed Paris and few other cities), I can't recall seeing much more of what happened. But it was more about the feeling that the world was coming to an end and we were powerless to stop it. I was wondering how most of us would die of radiation poisoning, why the hell the TV channels were still working when the major cities were destroyed, why the electricity was still working, how many people I knew had just died. But everyone else was just busy watching it unfold on the TV. It was like things were just continuing as normal even though this was likely the end of civilisation.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm convinced that, at least in me with my own personal physiology, dreams can work by just referencing what happens during your working life. But even using Occam's Razor, correlation doesn't equal causation. Meaning, just because I see a symbol in the dream doesn't mean that it was a key part of my waking experience. It might be simple reasoning to say that dreams are just the brain scrambling information, and therefore what you see are symbols from your life. It could be wholly original but the brain-mind complex makes associations. A recent dream of mine centered around a missing bag, but was it the same missing bag from a tv show that I watched earlier that night? Maybe some influence from that was there.

It doesn't seem to be random as there are only a select few symbols that are remembered and processed. Another recent dream of mine referenced something that happened weeks ago, and it wasn't particularly on my mind at all, so it is sort of grasping at straws. It's kind of strange when they say dreams are another reality. However, waking life being just a 'dream' seems far more plausible. There is no free will. Or rather, you can track what's going to happen by when you wake up as it correlates with the act of doing so. If you come more to before you wake up then it should be easier to remember or recognize what you see. I think I already said this before.

Dreams could just be you talking to yourself. There's a physiological mechanism for it so that you can gain something from the experience. Yet dreams just show you that there's an other, more extensive state of affairs. It's made so you can't just enjoy it for what it is, you have to get something out of it. It isn't so hard to solve. Even if other characters in your dreams are references of real people you may have met, it could still be you talking to yourself in metaphorical form. You summon the people; etc. Maybe most of the time it is for pathetic, suffering purposes.

In the light of that view it seems like dreams are just thinly veiled renditions of reality. But they must not always be, it's just a closed model view of consciousness where it's all generated in the brain and not open to any outside influence. The brain is hooked up like a receiving device where consciousness can be channeled into it. There could be a variety of characters in your dreams. Other states of mind can have different kinds of people visit you. It isn't more or less unique than any other form. People take coincidences and other semi strange occurrences as glitches in the system, so reality could be a simulation. It just means there could be an other, which is the act of creation itself.

So I was talking and telling this person my ideas which I have gone over in my head but haven't really discussed in heavy detail yet. He was like my protege, a young kid with enthusiasm trying to learn. It was probably based off three people that I know at once. Nothing too special or out there but you can see how it could be defined as the brain reviewing information. My most recent dream was different however. It involved substance use and consequent effects from it. I heard that worked but haven't had much experience trying it. In the dream the lighter started to malfunction so I couldn't test it out further. I think I knew it was a dream at that point, there was some feeling that it was.

I don't really have anything to say. Dreams are cool but they're way different from what an ultimate reality is. It's something more like a vision quest. Maybe I don't know much about it but I don't think it can be programmed. Androids don't dream of electric sheep. Actually, they could, but it doesn't matter. They must feel awe and astonishment for it to work.

Rixus

Local time
-->
I'm running down a corridor. Seems to be an office building or something. Loki from the MCU is behind me, chasing me with his staff. I have to get to the end. There's a helicopter hovering out of the window and I just make it in time, leaping onto the landing struts. Loki comes out behind us looking a bit put out as we set off for some break neck manoeuvres around what now appears to be a street near to where I grew up.

The helicopter morphs into a Back To The Future style hoverboard during a turn and now I'm hoverboarding around the streets of my old village. Everyone is looking at me strangely, but I get the hang of this flying business and start having a great time.

I should stop off at my friends house for a cup of coffee. (I have no idea who this person is as she doesn't exist in RL). Her husband works away, but it's totally innocent. We have a cup coffee and discuss child rearing and stuff. She seems very apprehensive. She tells me quietly that her husband knows we are friends and is filming her to see if anything untoward is going on (which it seems it is not). I said OK, and left as I had to take my kids to school. Which I accomplish much more easily than is usual.

On the way back, I stopped at a supermarket. She's waiting in the queue next to me, so I greet her. In front of her, her husband (who bares a striking resemblance to Clancy Brown) turns around and loudly introduces himself. I say hello and offer to shake his hand, but he is jealous for some reason and picks up a stick to threaten me. I assure him this is a very bad idea, but he continues to threaten and shout at me.

He attacks me with the stick, which I quickly and easily take from him and throw it away. After I explain to him how badly I will hurt him if he doesn't cease this attempt and stop being so unkind to his (to put it politely), he sort of disperses.

Alarm time! Time to wake up!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:13 AM
-->
My dream was erased. Oh well.

Its really gone, like for real.

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
A few days ago I had a really strange dream where I saw my father dead with a bloody hole in his head, and apparently it was my brother who killed him, so I decided to kill him, but when I pulled out a revolver I didn't know I had, I discovered I had no bullets to shoot out of it and there were none anywhere around. When I found my brother I took his gun, a modern pistol, and shot him in the head with it, but he didn't die. I shot his head a couple more times (and yes, the bullets were going in and making holes in his head) but he was still perfectly fine. He laughed and left. At the end, my father was fine with no bullet hole in his head, and my brother was there too but I don't remember if he still had the bullet holes in his head, but he was still perfectly fine as well. I'm pretty sure they were laughing at me for some reason.

It was weird.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Rare occasion that I remember my dream.

This dream begins in a forest. I am accompanied by another man. There is a hill. Trees are relatively spaced out. The hill has very few trees on it.

We are in the forest and I would say my companion is about 20 ft. away from me. On the edge of the hill that seems to be not much more than a 20 ft. high mound that spreads about 50-100 ft. He all the sudden tells me to be very quiet. IDK why. And then I hear a grizzly bear. I go to the other side of the hill to get out of sight of the grizzly bear and I see a small girl in a dress. About 2/3 down the hill there is a hole in the hill that leads underneath the hill. I tell the girl to go down in the hole and come out from the other side because of the bear. Then my dream becomes a bit foggy. I go up the hill and see my companion and he is spying now not on a bear but on a gorilla. Then at some point I am viewing things from a kind of all knowing state of 3rd person. I know the girl who went down in the hole is now safe. I then know that my companion has also gone down into the hole to flee from the gorilla. I see him go into the hole and then go back into my body. I then see the gorilla go down into the hole. Thinking the gorilla was a threat and wanting to trap it in the hole I see there is a lid for the hole and I shut the lid to the hole. I then hear a scream from my companion and I know he is done for. Then I wake up. When I wake up (not sure I was really awake or not) I feel a tail go across the top of my head much like a snake. I then fully awake and it is 5:30 AM.

svitani

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In recent years, the standard teeth-falling-out one sometimes.

Otherwise, generally dreams have informed me about what I really feel about encounters with people or situations. This is when I don't sense them at all, or very little of it, on a conscious level. For instance, hurt or rage.

Cegorach

Local time
-->
This was probably the most abnormal dream I've ever had, though it was years ago now:

I was a private in the army, my squad and I were scouring the ruins of a city in an active combat zone on orders from our sergeant, king of pop Michael Jackson: White Edition.
He had given us explicit orders not to kill any enemy combatants, restraining them and bringing them to him instead.
My squad was breaching the buildings one by one, attempting to create a secure base of operations within the city, when a group of three men charged us; fixed bayonets whistled past inches from tender flesh.
Despite the ambush it was over in seconds, poorly equipped insurgents turned out to be no match for years of martial arts training and an endless supply of luck. We restrained them and brought them back as ordered, reporting to Sgt. Jackson directly.
A sickly grin painted itself on the sergeant's face, he licked his lips and his maw opened slowly, an abyss of teeth and dripping saliva descended on the prisoners; they vanished in a concoction of terrified screams, sobbing, and crunching bones.
Hee Hee!
Shamone!
I smiled, the sergeant always did have strange tastes.
Obviously, it means my brain has a funny concept of what salient information is. :tinykitball:

Last edited:

Facetia

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My dreams are often more about places than situations. Sure, there’s usually a plot to them, but what I end up remembering more clearly are the details of the unusual and intricate places they are staged in: smells, textures, lighting, background sounds... a big house with high ceilings and smooth red walls, an abandoned arena that smelled like decay, cluttered and smelly city streets and neon signs in the distance, the colorful reflections on the glass bottles behind a bar table, the smell of wet concrete and grass on a rainy day at school, the feeling of dust on my fingers and in my nose after touching an old couch with an old fashioned flowery pattern...

Other than that, being chased/running away from something I never get to see is a common theme. Either that, or looking for something/someone and never finding it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I had a dream last night that I remembered.

It started with me needing to get into a safe to get some coins. I was able to accomplish this. Then I was teleported (the mind does this it wasn't actually teleportation) and I had to give the coins back to the person who I got them from. I found myself in a kind of dungeon/maze thing where there were specific things you had to do to get to the next room. In some of the rooms, I had to use the coins in some kind of contraption to get to the next room. It was kinda like a game or something.. not sure, but the coins acted like a kind of key. I had gone through several rooms at this point and I was using the coins on a contraption and I heard people coming. I at this point got nervous - even afraid that they were going to take the coins away from me for some reason that I wasn't known. I hurried the coins through the contraption and made it to the next room and then they found me. The took some guns out and told me to give them the coins. I tried to explain that I had to give them back to the owner, but they didn't listen, they just threatened me more. As I was about to take the coins out of my pocket, I noticed how heavy they were. They were dark grey with specks of black on them. They had holes in them all over and in the middle they had a bar where it was solid that said 5,000. Then I woke up.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I had a dream last night, let's see how much I remember...

It started when I was with my ex and a few other of my close friends. We were trying to get to something important (can't remember what that was). My ex then pulled something from somewhere and then it turned into like a huge strawberry (or a hunk of flesh, not sure). Some ominous man shows up and tells us when the hunk of flesh disappears then something bad happens to me (don't recall what). I ended up getting the hunk of flesh and I was holding it in my arms on my forearms and it started to disintegrate into dust (or ash don't know which) slowly. For some reason there was something we had to do before the hunk of flesh fully disintegrated. So we decide as a group where we should go next. Where we end up to try and solve my problem, the same thing ends up happening but this time instead of being me that the bad thing happens to when the hunk of flesh disintegrates but one of my friends. They had to carry what they had (it was not the same thing for whatever reason). Meanwhile, the thing I am carrying is getting smaller and smaller. So now we have two people dealing with whatever (time constraints). Then the same thing happens and this time it's my brother. Then the end of my dream was me being in paralyzing anxiety watching the flesh (that is now about as big as a cherry) disintegrate in front of my eyes. Then I wake up.

Very strange dream.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
I kicked a rectangular PVC pipe-like frame into a hockey goal, which also had a similar frame. The exact instant they touched, my phone went off.

Blue and red were significant again. Again.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I kicked a rectangular PVC pipe-like frame into a hockey goal, which also had a similar frame. The exact instant they touched, my phone went off.

Here, I'll 1-up you. :P

A while ago, I had a dream. A person was talking to me and said "here, I'll prove to you that this is not just a dream". So, he hands me a mobile phone and said "type in your number". So I put in the first and last 2 digits of my phone number, and as I did... my phone went off

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Yeah, you've definitely one-upped me on a few things. :D

This is the exact sort of thing that can lead people to be considered paranoid. When intuition says "X is going to happen," it's not acceptable for you or others to identify intuition or synchronicity for what they are, so that part gets skipped over in favor of your "rational" brain's explanation, which might be "because someone's watching me."

*EDIT: And of course: https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/square

"Any type of square in your dream is a method of communication to the physical world"

You don't say? :D

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
This is the exact sort of thing that can lead people to be considered paranoid. When intuition says "X is going to happen," it's not acceptable for you or others to identify intuition or synchronicity for what they are, so that part gets skipped over in favor of your "rational" brain's explanation, which might be "because someone's watching me."

This is so me in 2012... it took a while before I realised that, hey, the world actually does operate with all these strange coincidences/synchronicities. e.g. if someone mentions something to me that I had just been researching online, that doesn't mean that they've got me hacked, nor is it a meaningless coincidence - rather, it's testament to the fact that people are linked up on some sort of psychic level. The way things line up is quite spooky at times.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
There's some interesting research on water which I haven't had time to delve into properly yet but it's basically suggesting that the structure can change and remember those changes and if you divide some water into two parts then if you cause the structure in one part to change then the other part will also change instantaneously. If this is true, it could explain how we are all connected. I should stop wasting time and look into this further.

About dreaming - I haven't remembered any of my dreams for a very long time now but recently I had two very similar dreams about a person who scammed me and they decided to repay what they stole. I remember feeling quite happy and then waking up and realising this was just a dream and didn't actually happen. It's making me reconsider pursuing this further.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I recently had a dream with an image that looked much like this.

The pyramid was very very big - enough to fit about 10% of the population of earth in it and it was upside down and submerged in water. There were people in it. It was much like a maze that was like a swamp inside the pyramid with organic walls and floors with moss on them. There were many dangers in the pyramid including a great evil creature with tentacles inside the pyramid at the bottom. There was a hierarchy of evilness and righteousness of the people in the pyramid where the evilest and deprived people at the bottom and the safest part of the pyramid was reserved for the most righteous at the top. There were some deadly gasses in the pyramid as well. The pyramid was built to help those to survive the end of the world. It was the second flood. I was about 2/3 the way up the pyramid. I remember talking to a very knowledgeable individual who was an architect of the pyramid on how to survive in it. The whole dream was basically me reading a book that was "Alive" that interacted with me. I know this because the dream started as I began to ask a librarian about this particular book and he described the book and then I began to read it and the rest is what I "saw" as I read the book.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:13 PM
-->
I had a weird dream about vampires, not blood-drinking vampires rather sun-sensitive crazy people with a blood fixation, still sorta human and very much alive but if you met one you'd notice there's something really off about them, they stand unnaturally still and tend to stare, there's a quiet intensity about them.

Part 1
Three vampire hunters enter a mechanic's garage, I'm one of them, another seems to be Trevor from GTA V, the third isn't particularly memorable. There's bodies and blood everywhere, large pools of it on the ground mixing with the spilled engine oil (it looks slippery so I avoid it), behind a yellow car we find a vampire holding a hostage by the neck. There's an engine block hanging from an overhead hoist (like one of these but smaller and free rolling) which I push towards him like a battering ram, the vampire slashes the hostage's throat, as the hostage falls to the ground the engine block crushes the vampire against the wall caving its head in.

We search the place for clues about who this vampire was and the potential whereabouts of others, as we do the hostage is sitting on the floor in an ever expanding pool of his own blood, holding his neck to stem the flow and talking. He's in denial or shock or something, anyway he's screwed (it would take a skilled surgeon to save him which none of us are) and he's talking to us like he's trying to introduce himself, like he's a self aware character in a story who knows named characters don't die randomly.

As he talks we exchanges glances that say "isn't anyone going to finish him off?", eventually we've finished our search and as we're leaving he says goodbye and reassures us that he's going to be okay, this entire time none of us have said a word to him, not a single word, we leave in silence.

Part 2
We arrive at a "cabin in the woods" (actually Australian scrub and gumtrees) via a white van, it's midday and the sun is high, Trevor plans to blow up the house with dynamite, no-name suggests searching the wreckage for bodies to ensure we've killed them all. With the van parked outside we begin unloading the explosives, copious amounts of explosives as Trevor explains we don't need to search the wreckage if we leave no wreckage to search.

On the veranda there's two vampires watching us, a black bearded orthodox priest judging by the black robes and big silver cross on a chain around his neck and a tall white guy in faded jeans and a pink (formerly red) shirt, looks like a rocker from the 80s. We pay them no mind, they're mere meters away and can clearly hear everything we're saying but they won't dare take one step into the midday sun, even a madman prefers a quick death to being cooked alive, or so we thought.

The priest steps out of the shade, instantly our attentiveness goes from meh whatever to DEFCON ONE, noticeably he's not dying a slow painful death but rather standing there calmly (perfectly still and staring) with a bemused grin. Not one to be outdone Trevor puts a stick of dynamite in his mouth like a cigar and lights the fuse, no-name and I exchange worried looks, the 80s rocker steps into the light and we draw our weapons.

The black orthodox priest and 80s rocker explain that they're a theist and an atheist and that they're good vampires, that it doesn't matter what you believe in (whether it be religion or yourself) that as long as your belief in it is strong enough you won't succumb to the psychotic nature of vampirism. They invite us to go on a journey with them and we agree, for some reason, then some more vampires come out of the house and we all go for a run through the (Australian) woods.

We're running wild like a pack of dogs, not following any path just sprinting through the trees in some mental state between fury and joy, there's a great spiritual significance to it like we're expressing our pain and hatred (specifically the hunters towards the vampires) through physical exertion. As the sun is setting we come to a clearing and we all crouch down together, except Trevor, he's still exerting himself in rage and we're all watching him silently. It's very important that we're silent and submissively down low, we need to give him his moment, we watch as he works through his emotions until finally exhausted and relieved he comes over and joins our crouch/huddle thing.

Part 3
There's two people in an apartment, I'm one of them, it's a cozy place with lots of bookshelves and comfy seating, outside there's a large crowd of people standing perfectly still, arms reaching, pained expressions, it's an overcast day but some of them have burns and I feel sorry for them standing vigil for us like that.
"I'm going out there"
She looks up from a book "We're the last ones you know"
"I know"
I go out there and they make me one of them, I tell them she's not ready yet but it won't be long, the crowd disperses, they'll be back tomorrow and the day after and the day after that, however long it takes and I'll be there too.

lightfire

Local time
-->
Do you guys eat like a bunch of oily food before u sleep. No more pizza

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
reading through some old, scatterbrained notes, I remember this dream quite vividly: It was a dark room with the only light beaming on the person who was hung up and the pillar adjacent containing the knife:

"
Just had a dream about killer robots, they hung people up with rope around all 4 limbs. They would slice your wrists. The robots left the knife within reach after the procedure. They took one arm out of the rope, which allowed you to extend your arm to to the handle of the blade. This allowed you to slit your wrists and kill yourself faster.

Alternatively, you could do a somersault: this caused the ropes to be tangled in a particular way so you couldn't reach the blade. You could survive the tying up if you lasted on the rope long enough"

moody

Local time
-->
Do you guys eat like a bunch of oily food before u sleep. No more pizza

I thought it was cards that were the worst offender of bad dreams? Things with a higher glycemic index.

Well. Anything that makes your body work too hard while you're trying to sleep is bound to give you nightmares.

moody

Local time
-->
reading through some old, scatterbrained notes, I remember this dream quite vividly: It was a dark room with the only light beaming on the person who was hung up and the pillar adjacent containing the knife:

"
Just had a dream about killer robots, they hung people up with rope around all 4 limbs. They would slice your wrists. The robots left the knife within reach after the procedure. They took one arm out of the rope, which allowed you to extend your arm to to the handle of the blade. This allowed you to slit your wrists and kill yourself faster.

Alternatively, you could do a somersault: this caused the ropes to be tangled in a particular way so you couldn't reach the blade. You could survive the tying up if you lasted on the rope long enough"

Do you ever analyze your dream journals for common symbolism, or themes?

I used to keep better track of my dreams. About four years ago, I stopped because I began having non-stop dreams. (More than 2 very vivid dreams a night). I'd just do my best to forget them...

Common themes include dis-corporation where my existence is erased from the physical plane and the corporeal plane is trying to make my forget that I exist as well and turn me into part of the atmosphere, reliving past lives, and giant insects.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
Do you ever analyze your dream journals for common symbolism, or themes?

I used to keep better track of my dreams. About four years ago, I stopped because I began having non-stop dreams. (More than 2 very vivid dreams a night). I'd just do my best to forget them...

Common themes include dis-corporation where my existence is erased from the physical plane and the corporeal plane is trying to make my forget that I exist as well and turn me into part of the atmosphere, reliving past lives, and giant insects.

Same as you really, I stopped recording them because the underlying patterns felt similar. Having said that I tend to remember the dreams quite well even after a few years, I still remember a few dreams I had when I was 7 and one even younger. I keep a dream journal in the most basic functionality as in I'll usually post it somewhere (in a forum, to a friend) and I'll link the dream from there.

A lot of my dreams are quite god-centric, I'm waging war against the gods in my last breath, or an angel frees me from demons. Some are quite religious, like an angel raphael appearing to me as a blessing. Some dreams I'm just in a different universe in the grand omniverse, I'll live as another version of myself in a different timeline and tell people of the reality (this one)I live in. They'll listen but I'll slowly fade out as in the ephemeral and vague dream logic, two souls cannot occupy the same body for an extended duration. I'll leave my counterpart's body and return here. A lot of my dreams used to revolve around being manipulated/controlled/consumed (beings feasting on my spiritual energy) but it hasn't been like that in a long time. I can somehow dominate everything in my dreams, the old hag won't approach me as soon as I wake up. I can relentlessly pursue demons in my dreams, the beings that feed on me retreat when I become aware of them. Stuff like that, it's all a bit mental.

Yubby

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My dreams are now in vivid color and notable clarity, I suspect astral projection. I've been able to make out faces, even my own, and to detect mumbled and audible speech. There is usually something off about the figures whether they're near realistic or having the appearance of low budget computer graphics.

One particular dream I was like being stuck to a wooden chair in an upper story of a darkened house, in a room barely lit by candle creating red, brown, orange and black shades. I faced a wall in front and an open doorway to my right. Some kind of essence seemed to be pulling me from the chair into the void of the black doorway despite me still being fixed in my seat. I was not afraid though awoke in awe.

Top Bottom