• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Dreams and the Subconscious

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 4:45 AM
-->
i had a dream last night that somebody "accidentally" put my cat in the oven. i didn't realize until he was dead.

it was one of those horrific dreams that you don't realize isn't real until a few seconds after you wake up. it was awful.

in the same dream, i made myself throw up at some point.

i have no idea what any of it means.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Tell us what it means after that "something" happens.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 9:45 PM
-->
Necro'd but not for funsies...:slashnew:

I had a lucid dream yesterday that disturbed me greatly not because of the dream material itself but because of the psychological implications.

I was eating out with my boyfriend. We were having a wonderful evening and a good time talking. We were having our usual long discussions about our various interests and whatever we happen to be thinking about. I realized in the middle of this that I was dreaming this situation so I considered fiddling around with the dream intentionally. I often have lucid dreams so I tried my usual tricks. However, even though I knew I was dreaming I couldn't seem to affect the dream at all. It was like watching a movie but I was sitting inside my own head. Then I realized that my external shell (my dream self) was becoming quiet and restless. She was having a sort of argument with herself. My dream self had clammed up and wasn't talking any more. My boyfriend was slowly growing concerned. Then my dream self started an argument with my boyfriend which ended in my dream self feeling deeply unhappy and my boyfriend being equally unhappy. As the observer in this dream I couldn't stop or control what happened at all. I've always found it easy to control my dreams. It was incredibly suffocating to know I was dreaming but not being able to do anything this time around.

Some background information (and perhaps it will help with the psychological interpretation of my dream): My boyfriend and I have started to consider the idea of marriage. Oddly I find myself backing away from the idea despite the fact that we've been a happy couple from the beginning. I can't come up with a good logical reason to avoid marriage. I just feel an unease about it all. I feel trapped a little as well since I can't come up with a good reason to end it.

In my dream my our relationship was happy until my dream self sabotaged it. Me as the observer couldn't stop myself from sabotaging it. My dream self didn't seem happy about sabotaging it but couldn't stop herself from doing so. Bah, I'm going in circles.

Help?

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:45 PM
-->
when i feel really confident and like things are going to work out for the best with some life changing, pivotal event, i have lucid dreams where i am flying above everyone and everything. this is way way more control than i exert in real life and returning to reality (waking modality) is always a buzz kill.

contrastingly, i have really unpleasant dreams where i come face to face with my phobias or otherwise concealed fears of failure. these types of dreams probably served an evolutionary purpose for our ancestors: forcing them to face threats from their prey in waking existence.

Kokoro

Local time
Today 12:45 AM
-->
Necro'd but not for funsies...:slashnew:

I had a lucid dream yesterday that disturbed me greatly not because of the dream material itself but because of the psychological implications.

I was eating out with my boyfriend. We were having a wonderful evening and a good time talking. We were having our usual long discussions about our various interests and whatever we happen to be thinking about. I realized in the middle of this that I was dreaming this situation so I considered fiddling around with the dream intentionally. I often have lucid dreams so I tried my usual tricks. However, even though I knew I was dreaming I couldn't seem to affect the dream at all. It was like watching a movie but I was sitting inside my own head. Then I realized that my external shell (my dream self) was becoming quiet and restless. She was having a sort of argument with herself. My dream self had clammed up and wasn't talking any more. My boyfriend was slowly growing concerned. Then my dream self started an argument with my boyfriend which ended in my dream self feeling deeply unhappy and my boyfriend being equally unhappy. As the observer in this dream I couldn't stop or control what happened at all. I've always found it easy to control my dreams. It was incredibly suffocating to know I was dreaming but not being able to do anything this time around.

Some background information (and perhaps it will help with the psychological interpretation of my dream): My boyfriend and I have started to consider the idea of marriage. Oddly I find myself backing away from the idea despite the fact that we've been a happy couple from the beginning. I can't come up with a good logical reason to avoid marriage. I just feel an unease about it all. I feel trapped a little as well since I can't come up with a good reason to end it.

In my dream my our relationship was happy until my dream self sabotaged it. Me as the observer couldn't stop myself from sabotaging it. My dream self didn't seem happy about sabotaging it but couldn't stop herself from doing so. Bah, I'm going in circles.

Help?

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you asking, Cavallier. However, I'm guessing that you are mainly disturbed by the loss of control after attaining the lucidity, yes? As for that, the loss of control, even in a "lucid dream," is actually very common. There is a specific reason that makes sense, but I have forgotten it. Mainly, only people such as experienced Oneironauts would be able able to overcome such an obstacle. So, I wouldn't worry be too disturbed by that aspect. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that it occurred at the same time that you were feeling "loss of control" in waking life? Perhaps not... I don't know for sure; it is just a thought.

As for the background: I hope that you are fortunate enough to attain some sort of peace of mind about the matter... one way or the other.

Furthermore, maybe a little self exploration in the form of lucid dream exploration would be helpful in overcoming a mental block, if that is indeed the problem.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 5:45 AM
-->
I had a weird dream this night. Weird because it was about Higurashi and I haven't bothered with Higurashi in months. It was also completely in the first person which is not usual for me and even more remarkable, I was not Anthile, I saw the world through the eyes of another person I do not know. Actually, it isn't even that much about Higurashi since the only real connection was that someone namedrops the festival, which is an important plot point in the Higurashi stories. Otherwise, the environment looked rather western.
The dream starts in medias res. The important decisions have all already been made. I enter the rooms of a girl. Her parents let me in. There are a lot of video games lying around, I remember that part very vividly for some reason. I carry a fireaxe for some reason. When I see her, I am stunned by her beauty. She has dark hair and blazing blue eyes. She does not resemble anyone I know. She reminds me of the deal we made: I murder her friends during the festival and I will receive a kiss from her. Then there is a brief moment of lucidity in which I realize how insane this is, but it's like I am mesmerized by her beauty. The next part is blurry. The actual murders are gruesome but don't take much time. I hack her friends into tiny pieces with the axe I carry and throw their body parts into the nearby river. Oddly enough, there isn't a single drop of blood on me or my clothes. When I return to her house, it's already dusk and the festival is over. When I open the front door, her whole family is there. All of them wear axes and hatchets themselves. It's a trap, I know too much. I have no chance. Somebody knocks me out from behind and they begin to dismember me. When their dark work is finished, the girl steps forward, takes my severed head and kisses my dead bloody lips.

THE END

There was also some segment where she simply drowned the whole village in chocolate. That was either before or after that dream I just described. Maybe it was even a dream within a dream...

Roboman

Local time
-->
Dreams

I have had quite a few strange dreams lately, and some even came true.
I'm not the superstitious type nor do I claim psychic power, however today I experienced a situation in which you wouldn't predict beforehand out of the circumstances, and with no possibility to 'control and stear' into said situation. Anyways, this situation made me wake up abrupt, this morning, from my dreams.

I believe in coincidences, facts and planning. But, sometimes one wonders, at least for a few seconds.

Do you believe your dreams have a meaning?

Essence

Local time
Yesterday 10:45 PM
-->
Re: Dreams

A lot of my dreams seem to sort out personal issues that i have. They can be unrelated to anything and when i think about them literally, they make no sense. But most of them seem to have some hidden moral to learn behind them. Maybe its my mind making sense of all the thoughts i dwell on during the day.

Premonitions seem to come from looking over and reliving previous memories in a dream and seeing how everything plays out in the long run. I've only had something like that once though. :\

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 11:45 AM
-->

I use dreammoods.com to figure it out... I was too intrigued and a bit worried by my dreams. The ones best remembered are about zombies,battlefields, and trucks.

I believe zombies is about being overwhelmed.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->

Do (...) dreams have a meaning?

For psychology and psychoanalysis they do. Freud once said dreams are the “royal road to . . . the unconscious,”

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->

I almost always have dreams about menial things that take place in a post apocalyptic setting. I'm not sure about the setting of my dreams, but I seem to be able to find some sort of discernible meaning from them. There was this one dream I had were I was on a conveyor belt and I had to choose which food I wanted to be made into, but if I didn't pick fast I would be thrown in a furnace. This was shortly after I turned 18 and was thinking about college, and anxious about my future. So I assumed that it was about my uncertainty of what I wanted to do with my life and how I was scared of never accomplishing anything before I died.
Any ways, I find interpreting dreams to be rather therapeutic, and sometimes reveal things about myself that I didn't even realize.

rattymat

Local time
-->

I don't think there's any standard way to interpret dreams, making dream interpretation sites bullshit. I say this because people make different associations with different images/themes which occur in dreams, based upon personal experience with said images and themes, making it difficult to have a standard symbolic meaning. You're the best interpreter of your dreams, as you understand your life better than anybody.
On the subject of dreams which predict the future, I feel I've had several dreams of this nature. Though they weren't exact correlations with what happened the next day, they felt strangely similar in a symbolic way; recurring images and themes. Of course such coincidences could be imagined on my part.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->

I agree with you, rattymat. Only you know what associations you have with certain objects/visions.

Anyhow, I have a deja-vu (sorry I can't spell some words correctly on my iPhone) moments a lot lately. I'll have the feeling I dreamt something like what happened in real life before it actually happened. But yeah, this is just some illusion probably.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->

dreams are your unconsious trying to talk to you. but it always talks in cryptic form. it doesnt know your language.

possible meanings (final meaning up to you, since it is your dream):
- it warns you that this situation is in fact possible, while you always actually think its not
- this situation is something you are actually actively creating by acting like you do, its a timebomb waiting to go off...and you are just waiting for it
- you might also be a control freak and it tells you that just have to let go and get used to.
- etc

infektious

digital worm
Local time
Today 3:45 PM
-->

I do believe dreams have some sort of meaning. Maybe not a direct message, but something...

A recent dream of mine seemed pretty strange, and I have no idea what it could mean.

Pretty long to write, so I put it in a spoiler tag. I'm still thinking about this dream so I just had to put it out there.

I was living with a 'gnome' in this tiny room measuring approx 1m x 1m built high up in the side of a rock wall. I was normal sized so I had to crouch in there.

There were other 'gnomes' in other rooms built in the rock wall, and they all had to block the ladder leading up to their houses because of a bad 'gnome' that goes around robbing the others. The 'gnome' I lived with was poor and used something like pots and pans to block his ladder, while the others used larger items of which I cant recall.

The 'gnome' I was living with wanted to shoot down at the bad 'gnome' with his bow and arrow. I was telling him not to because he only had about 3 arrows (due to being poor), but he did anyway.

Finally the bad gnome left, ignoring the missed arrows that were fired in his direction. I shuffled over to the ledge at the entrance of the room. I stretched each side of my mouth open with my hands and quacked like a duck, and instantly transformed into a duck.

I flew over to some ledge opposite of where I was and transformed back into a human. Apparently this was normal for me and my family (maybe all humans), which were there when I flew over to the ledge. My family changed into ducks when I got there but apparently I have trouble transforming sometimes, especially when in front of my family, and can pass out from trying. So I passed out and once I awoke I transformed successfully and we all flew off somewhere.

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->

I had a dream last night where I was on a wooden ship, (exact type unknown) and I fired someone's prosthetic leg out of a cannon. I also had a dream about being in a special operations group that paradropped in to Cuba to kill Castro. Most regrettably, my sister woke me just as I was destroying a nuclear submarine. Fun dreams, but what do they mean?

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->

I had a dream last night where I was on a wooden ship, (exact type unknown) and I fired someone's prosthetic leg out of a cannon. I also had a dream about being in a special operations group that paradropped in to Cuba to kill Castro. Most regrettably, my sister woke me just as I was destroying a nuclear submarine. Fun dreams, but what do they mean?

it means you think too much about war and being part of an army

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 3:45 PM
-->

My dreams are always set in some really abstract, new place (except when it is a real place, like my house or somewhere I visit frequently, in which case the dream tends to be far more vivid), and have some really strange but internally consistent plot that I don't quite understand on waking, yet do understand in a sense as a result of the emotions I was feeling in the dream. I'm unsure whether people generally have more normal dreams, or if I just lack the language skills to explain what is going on in them,

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->

It means you've been playing too much Call of Duty lately.

Silent_Rebel

Local time
-->

I have always had... uh... epic dreams. They have long intricate stories across great distances. There is usually something big in them like mountains or cities or anything really. I always get the feeling that I am really small in a huge world. It reminds me of LoTR :P

What do you think THAT means???

Nattall There

Orãnge Milãnge
Local time
-->

I have had quite a few strange dreams lately, and some even came true.
I'm not the superstitious type nor do I claim psychic power, however today I experienced a situation in which you wouldn't predict beforehand out of the circumstances, and with no possibility to 'control and stear' into said situation. Anyways, this situation made me wake up abrupt, this morning, from my dreams.

I believe in coincidences, facts and planning. But, sometimes one wonders, at least for a few seconds.

Do you believe your dreams have a meaning?

I am a vivid dreamer who also has premonitions that occur from time to time. Lately, I would say I have had an observable increase in dreams that link to the near future. Beyond the dreams of premonitions. I am also a lucid dreamer and have messed around with dream altering like the movie Inception. My dreams do bathe in lifes mundane issues from time to time, but the majority of my dreams are of fantastical nature. I have dreamt I died in a dream, dispelling the myth that if one dies in their dreams they die in real life. I have dreamt I met Alexander the Great, I have dreamt of souls returning to the source of creation and I have dreamed I transformed into mist. I do believe that the realm of unconcious slumber is interconnected to the waking world. However, I do not know how it connects, only that it does and I am sure I will enjoy the rest of my existence in search of that connection.

Dr. Freeman

Local time
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:45 PM
-->

I stretched each side of my mouth open with my hands and quacked like a duck, and instantly transformed into a duck.
I just can't get my mind around that.

I had a dream last night where I was on a wooden ship, (exact type unknown) and I fired someone's prosthetic leg out of a cannon.
Was it a peg-leg and did you fire it like a cannon shell?

I also had a dream about being in a special operations group that paradropped in to Cuba to kill Castro.
I used to have dreams like that a lot, just to work through frustration I suppose, do you ever wake up angry/frustrated if you don't complete your objective (or sad when you fail) and have you ever had a recurring dream that keeps coming back until you complete the objective or give up on it?

Anyway slavery has been a recurring theme of late, mine specifically, I've had many dreams in which I've been a conscript, prisoner, or otherwise under control but never has this feeling of being owned so prevalent, sometimes it's offensive, even depressing, but not always, that one dream in which I was a manservant was pretty cool, we had this whole witty tag-team thing going :D

Dr. Freeman

Local time
-->

I do occasionally have dream similar to dreams I have already had, but they tend to be sad parodies (some times funny, some times not) of the original dream where I typically am even further from my original goal. Also, awesome things that worked in my original dream (like laser fences, vehicles, and automatic doors) frequently don't work in repeat dreams.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->

Today I had sleep paralysis again. It's sort of cool to enter an unusual mental state, although hearing voices and being unable to move kind of sucks.

rattymat

Local time
-->

The nature of my dreams is often symbolic with a lot of implicit meanings. When explaining the actions alone, it makes little sense as the actions have oddly conceived values that could only make sense when combined with my thought processes throughout the course of the actions taken in the dream. Often my dreams can be very word-thought based with images merely accompanying the thoughts. I really do love and appreciate my dreams though, they are quite meaningful to me. I may not consider them spiritual, but their value is certain.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:45 PM
-->

I always think it's funny that people spend so much time searching for meaning in their dreams. Meaning from where? They're your dreams! If they mean something, you should already know what it is! When I dream of sex, it's because I'm horny. I used to dream of my teeth falling out, but then I went to the dentist and got them fixed.

Ex-User (4771)

Local time
-->
Dreams

Is anyone here good at dream analysis, because i had and very odd and unsettling dream last night.

The dream started with me and another person in a contest in which we use tongs(mine were plastic and his were metal, both looked exactly like the ones at work) to grab cocaine out of each others cups, walls, or lines in very stylish fashion (slow monk meditating like movements). I was able to snag some coke out of his cups which meant that i got all the cain in the cup, after two cup i started to feel a raising aggression between us. Out of nowhere he rushs past me and start to stab what i thought was one of my spectator fans. Out of extreme anger and aggression, i grabbed my knife and tackled the guy and began to stab his about 5 to 7 times. The shank areas looked really odd as well, they were really pink and kind of looked like lips with small black holes all the way around them like they were once sown shut and they cord was just cut. After stabbing him i then pulled out Tabasco habanaro sauce and poured it into his eyes and all the cuts to torture him before he died. After he stopped screaming i stabbed him two more times under the rip cage to end his life faster, and then i poured more tabasco sauce into the wounds only this time it felt extremely forced, like i didnt want to to do but was being force to. After he stopped screaming again i felt very remorseful, but only about the second set of torturing. Then i looked back and saw that the thing he had stabbed one of the glass racks from work that had 3 glasses in it. Then the dream ended.

So dose this dream mean anything or is "sometimes a dream is just a dream"?

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->

I had dreams like that, where I'm really angry with someone for something he or she done in the dream so I punch him/her and regret it - I mean, I don't fully regret it, but I wouldn't do it IRL. (I never tortured anyone in a dream, though.)

Was he a person you know? If so, maybe you have some repressed anger towards this person. In my dreams when I punch someone is usually because he or she did something I did not like IRL. I'm no psychologist, I'm just guessing here.

BTW, how do you know it was Tabasco? Sometimes we just know things in dreams, but, could you actually read Tabasco? I can NEVER read in my dreams and that is REALLY frustrating.

Ex-User (4771)

Local time
-->

I never really looked at his face, i knew it was a guy but he was in all black(like a tight hoodie) and i never got a look at his face. As far as the Tabasco i knew it was Tabasco but i could also tell from the shape of the bottle/markings and from the color i knew it was the habanero brand

Hammo

DON'T PANIC
Local time
Today 5:45 PM
-->

I've got a big book here on dream interpretation. Finally, some practical use.
Drugs can mean you need external help to enable you to change your inner perceptions. Or that (because drugs like cocaine can induce a false euphoria) you are using something forceful and dangerous to acheive some end (like using a crowbar rather than a key to open a door)
The anger probably means that you feel angry (or it could represent another strong emotion) IRL, but are incapable of expressing it.
Torture can mean that you are trying to come to terms with some pain (probably not physical)
Stabbing is rich in symbolism. (I would imagine Freud would say it represents male genitals.) To stab can mean your being prepared to hurt. It can mean getting results. It can mean aggresive male sexuality.
I would also imagine that to attack someone and then regret it represents a fear of hurting someone.
A figure all in black sounds like the notorious shadow archetype to me, and attacking it would be typical.

To hazard an overly-simplistic guess, I would say this is largely about the typical INTP inability to come to terms emotions. The dark figure could be the suppressed feeling function, which is being neglected (stabbed) unjustly, which is causing distress.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->

What's the book name?

Abraxas

γνῶσις
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->

Fighting in a dream is always indicative (unless a lucid dream) of an inner conflict. If you're a typical INTP, you should cut back on overly analyzing the workings of your psyche.

Here's some symbols I picked from your dream and went through them on the basis of Jungian symbolism and archetypes.

Drugs - can symbolize a balance or a correction of disharmony in your body or emotions. You might be unwilling to deal with life by numbing yourself, searching for answers from the external instead of the internal. Be true to yourself. See yourself as you are, not the way you'd wan't to see yourself.

Torture - You, someone or something is torturing you. It's probably dependent on your current situation. Same as above, accept yourself. Don't see yourself as incomplete (even if you'd be incomplete from an objective POV, subjectively this is an unhealthy view of the self).

Stabbing - Symbolizes aggression (explained more specifically below).

Aggression - Something causes this in your everyday life, but you're probably not conscious enough of the cause. The aggression could actually be an embodiment of a regressed part of your psyche. It might also be a situation in your life that threatens you. Don't be too submissive towards the expectations of your surroundings (social wise, principle wise, etc.).

Contest - Conflict within self. One way to look at the structure of your psyche is, that it's like a kingdom. The components of the self could be explained as the citizens (with different assignments), the king, the queen, the jester, the wizard. And if you wan't to go further there may also be harmful aspects (evil witches, dragons) and even omnipotent ones (god, devil, angels, demons). Depending on the individual, these archetypes have developed quite differently. They may also be difficult to recognize for what they are, since we live in a society where these archetypes aren't the same as they used to be. The way to look at this conflict is from your own personal point of view, i.e. "What do YOU wan't?", not "What would X wan't?".

Plastic - Artificial. Again, are you not true to yourself? Do you hold back on your emotions? Qualities of plastic: flexible, adaptable and insensitive. Considering a satisfactory existence, this is not a healthy form to maintain for the self.

Iron - It's a strong, but an impure metal. In your dream, it's superior to plastic, but on the other hand, inferior to gold, which was not present in your dream. Gold is the highest aspect of the self. The fact that your instrument was made of plastic and your opponent's were made of metal indicates a part of your psyche trying to dominate you for some reason. I personally don't believe it to be evil, it's acting the way it is because it "feels" neglected by you and wishes to get your attention in order to tell / show you something.

Killing - A way to react to a conflict. Again, you must be repressing some aspect of yourself. Try to confront that which conflicts your principles / current understanding and not attack it.

Audience - This is your self as a whole.

Glass - A reflection or the way you perceive your self (or an aspect of it). When it's broken, there's an illusion revealed. I didn't get from what you wrote the exact way your dream ended. If I understood correctly, the figure you were defending from the attacker turned out to be a rack holding three glasses? Were the glasses intact? If so the illusion of that certain aspect of your psyche still remains...

Three - Carl Jung actually said that three may signify that something is nearly but not quite complete. Or that what is lacking in you can be supplied only by some part of your unconsciousness that you find too frightening to acknowledge and use (Even God, he says, is not quite complete without the Devil). The Christian trinity is also something the number three is associated with. When venturing into the area of the psyche where archetypes such as God and Devil reside, the terrain may get rough. So I think it's very difficult for me to interpret this, since any explanation is highly dependent on your subjective view of life.

I hope these interpretations help you to come in terms of the themes that occurred in your dream. Dream is always a subjective experience, although filled with universal symbols, it's not always accurate if I were to deeply interpret your dream. If you're still left with questions, I can try to help. I've done quite a lot of dream analysis (mostly my own dreams though)... But I guess I've shed light on a few others' problems as well.

Ex-User (4771)

Local time
-->

Audience - This is your self as a whole.

I knew there was an audience there but the only one that i ever saw was the one that was stabbed

Glass - A reflection or the way you perceive your self (or an aspect of it). When it's broken, there's an illusion revealed. I didn't get from what you wrote the exact way your dream ended. If I understood correctly, the figure you were defending from the attacker turned out to be a rack holding three glasses? Were the glasses intact? If so the illusion of that certain aspect of your psyche still remains...

In the dream the contestor ran past me and started stabbing a person (I remember clearly seeing a figure being stabbed, although the figure had no real discernible features), but then at the very end when i looked back to the figure to see if it was dead or not, it had changed into a glass rack with 3 complete glasses in it with the open end facing me. This is odd because they should be the other way around. If it matters the rack is 2 spot long and 5 spots tall and the glasses were in (1,5) (1,4) and (2,3).

I hope these interpretations help you to come in terms of the themes that occurred in your dream. Dream is always a subjective experience, although filled with universal symbols, it's not always accurate if I were to deeply interpret your dream. If you're still left with questions, I can try to help. I've done quite a lot of dream analysis (mostly my own dreams though)... But I guess I've shed light on a few others' problems as well.

Thanks everyone, some of the things said here are relate-able. The only thing is that the recent event is not so recent, it ended about a month or so ago and i feel as though i moved on from it.

Abraxas

γνῶσις
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->

In the dream the contestor ran past me and started stabbing a person (I remember clearly seeing a figure being stabbed, although the figure had no real discernible features), but then at the very end when i looked back to the figure to see if it was dead or not, it had changed into a glass rack with 3 complete glasses in it with the open end facing me. This is odd because they should be the other way around. If it matters the rack is 2 spot long and 5 spots tall and the glasses were in (1,5) (1,4) and (2,3).

You mentioned in your first post that the rack was similar to something you have at work? If they were placed upside down, this was meant to look as it was done by someone you wouldn't hold in great value professionally. Is the positioning of the glasses (besides from being upside down) different to how three glasses would be arranged at your work?

The attacker could be the efficient/cold part of your psyche and the assaulted person/glass rack the neglectful/carefree/warm parts of your psyche.

Ex-User (4771)

Local time
-->

If they were placed upside down, this was meant to look as it was done by someone you wouldn't hold in great value professionally.
There is alot of that at my work lol
Is the positioning of the glasses (besides from being upside down) different to how three glasses would be arranged at your work?

No, the glasses are never arranged in a certain way, just what ever is closest to the person who has the glass.
The attacker could be the efficient/cold part of your psyche and the assaulted person/glass rack the neglectful/carefree/warm parts of your psyche.

Hrm this would kind of sound like my attempt at work to be less condescending and 'Asshole-ish' at work. I don't really want to because i get my point across better that way but it pisses everyone else off lol.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Dream Interpretation

There's a group of about half a dozen of us and we're palm sized stuffed toys of various kinds riding in the back of a car, I never saw the driver but I assumed s/he was unaware of our presence. Next thing I know I'm unscrewing the inside door panelling so we can access the back of the car, once there a couple of us are using lengths of string to "water-ski" (flying in the wind) behind the car. Someone falls off but we have a toy helicopter and space shuttle with us and they fly off to retrieve the fallen, then there's some incomprehensible talk about quantum mechanics.

It turns out we're sick, in mortal danger even, due to some sort of quantum disease and we have to go to the quantum dimension (what?) to fix ourselves, luckily the car has arrived at the beach and we hop out, as humans now. It seems the quantum dimension is a bright yellow beach with pink/purple sea under a orange sky, the water is crystal clear, really inviting. As we walk down to the water one girl decides to ham it up and prompts us to say whatever final words we have for each other, to which I reply that doing so would put us at even greater risk, narrative theory and all that, she's clearly disappointed.

Now kneeling in waist deep psychedelic water I'm rearranging the contents of a really big lunchbox which is apparently symbolic of doing surgery on myself, the food looks delicious, but I can't figure out what the problem is, no matter how neat I make the contents I can still feel myself dying. Everyone else has fixed themselves and I 'm still struggling, desperate and confused, but just in the nick of time I discover a big black chisel tip marker at the very bottom, that shouldn't be there so I threw it away and immediately felt better.

We celebrate, some of us stay in the sea, I go with the others to a beach house, there we discuss an upcoming disco, I decline my invitation, saying that the last disco I went to was a horrible experience and I'd rather not put myself through that again. One girl with long jet black hair asks rhetorically if I'm interested in anyone and says that if I am the disco would be the perfect place to show it, so I say I'll think about it, halfheartedly.

Later that night another girl Asian this time (there were guys in our group, they didn't do or say much) comes on to me in a very aggressive way, she's short but very athletic, fantastic legs & ass, after about fifteen minutes of making out and feeling up that felt angry/aggressive (she was rough, distracted, as if more interested in doing what she was doing than enjoying it) we're disturbed and she disappears. The black haired girl confronts me as I'm standing there unabashed in my underwear, at first I wonder what the hell she's on about, then it clicks, I tell her I didn't know she was interested in me (apparently the Asian girl had a problem with that) and the Asian girl came onto me, I'm just a guy, in that situation how else would a guy act?

As I'm talking I'm casually putting some pants on, I also tell her that if she's still interested I'm interested too, I don't mean sex, psycho girl was enough for sex, but there's no hope of a relationship with her and that is something I would like to have, with (black haired girl) if possible. Just before I pull up my zipper she steps forward and hugs me, I can't reach my zipper, incredibly it seems she understands and has forgiven me, we look at each other for a moment, I lean forward to kiss her.

I kiss pillow, the dream is over, welcome back to reality :mad:

So tell me, what does it mean?
(you don't have to be serious)

And please share dreams of your own.

DetachedRetina

(∞__∞)
Local time
-->
Re: Dream Interpretation

I think you have a fear quantum mechanics aka uncertainty. You are trying to do surgery on yourself to remove this aspect. You have a crush on a black haired girl. She is your mother probably. Also you are horny. :)

Here is my dream: I have one really big sideburn. Just one, on my left side. So I sit on the right side of the room. Then I wake up.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Re: Dream Interpretation

I don't know any black haired girls and my mother's blonde.

Here is my dream: I have one really big sideburn. Just one, on my left side. So I sit on the right side of the room. Then I wake up.
You're insecure about you masculinity, and boring :twisteddevil:

Meer

Jermbl
Local time
-->

Last night I had a dream that Emma Watson was crawling all over me, and then we tried to decipher some pirate treasure maps.

Akuma

Local time
Today 5:45 PM
-->

I don't think there's much symbolism in dreams, only repeating themes like unhappiness in marriage, that could reflect real life.

I had a dream once where I was chasing a black rabbit through my garden. Then I vomited.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Dreams.

I think my vivid psychic dreaming is the purest sign of my enormous NE imagination. Do any of you have interesting dreams?

last night I had a new dream. My mother (who is a hoarder of people) took in what she taught was a developmentally individual. I was living with my parents in the home they use to have 10 years ago. (for some reason none of my sibling were living there at the time). Well after a few day of helping my parents take care of this individual. He comes into the house one day acting different. He draws a gun on my father (who for some reason isn't my actually father but I didn't even realize this until after I woke up). He tells me to take all my money. (which for some reason I have a memory of a bag of coins and a few lose dollars in my pants pockets on the floor for the other day) I collect all the money and put it in a brown bag and leave.

Then I go to a security booth (which never existed in the neighborhood I grew up in) to ask the security guy to call the police to go help my father in the house. The security guard ends up being a under paid loser who is more worried with the end of his upcoming shift than helping me. He has a wireless phone that isn't even charged and he has to charge it while I wait. Than for some reason he dives me around the neighborhood in his security car. Once we get back his replacement is there and we can't get to the phone. At this time the robber comes for me and my sake of money which can be more than 20$. At first the two guards are tying to stop him until he tells them he will split the my money with them. (I have also lost the money by this time and I have no idea were its at). So instead of being shot by this crazy guy I reach for the gun and twist. Right as he fires off the shot. The bullet goes threw his own head and I wake up.

It strange because cause these dreams seem to be a mix of reality and made up crap however, inside the dream I can't really tell the difference. After I wake up I realize that some many things in the dream were wrong. Also have have strange memories of events that never actually happened while I am dreaming. like I while I was having this dream I remember a bag of coins and money that I had place in my pants pockets the day before. However, these evens never happen in the dream or in reality. however, some how I remember them as if they had happened.

Do any of you have interesting stories about your dreams on the creativeness of your brain while you are asleep?

As a sign of my TI some times I fall asleep thinking about something and I will wake up much farther down the path of the same thing I was thinking about when I fell asleep. basically I fell asleep end never stopped thinking or at least it appears this way.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Re: Dreams.

As a sign of my TI some times I fall asleep thinking about something and I will wake up much farther down the path of the same thing I was thinking about when I fell asleep. basically I fell asleep end never stopped thinking or at least it appears this way.
I get that, it's really helpful.

Do any of you have interesting stories about your dreams on the creativeness of your brain while you are asleep?
In a recent one I was at work, in the break room with some of the other guys I work with, the mood was jovial and somehow I became the topic of the room's conversation and disconcertingly the things they were saying demonstrated an uncanny level of insight into my thoughts, they were talking about my daydreams, my insecurities, personal memories, everything, not that they were being mean about it but they could read me like a book and I had no way to stop them.

I stood up and confronted them about how they knew all this, the room went silent for a moment, then one of them smirked and said "It's just a dream", and they all burst out laughing as I stood there stupefied by the revelation.

John_Mann

Local time
-->

I always wonder how my brain can make some richful characters and complex dialogues into my dreams. Sometimes it's easy to dismiss the waking life as just another kind of dreaming.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I always wonder how my brain can make some richful characters and complex dialogues into my dreams. Sometimes it's easy to dismiss the waking life as just another kind of dreaming.

Sometimes I think my dreams would make better entertainment then many modern sitcoms. The only problem is they would be nearly impossible to fallow due to the fact the they don't tend to progress in a linear progression all the time. This and sitocoms have to come up with new material every week either using the same characters or themes. My dreams don't actually fallow this rule.

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->

last night i had another vivid dream...involving a car crash filled with extended family relatives i havent seen or spoke to in years (uncles, cousins, etc) ... i remember having this extreme feeling of guilt and sorrow over responsibility over the outcome. It was one of those weird, dream moments, where you are just trapped in a mental box, nothing is clear or revealed, but you just know. SUch was the case this time...I KNEW somebody had died...but it wasnt ever revealed during the dream, but that was the source of my sorrow and guilt. Just knowing that I was responsible for a head on collision, and the death of a family member, in which everyone blamed me and would not fogive me for
i even remember the acrid taste of vomit i immediately had when i exited the vehicle (might be the first time ive dreamed about blowing chunks) ins a sort of dream state of actual 'shock' ...

but relating to the OP...I dream often, I dream vividly, and I generally have a schedule of when I can expect my dreams to come. They often never make much sense, and Im not the type to try to apply my dreams to the outside world (like predicting an outcome)...but what I DO DO, which shouldnt be a surprise...interpret them to the best of my abilities, CONNECT THE DOTS, and apply it to my own way of life/current events.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

last night i had another vivid dream...involving a car crash filled with extended family relatives i havent seen or spoke to in years (uncles, cousins, etc) ... i remember having this extreme feeling of guilt and sorrow over responsibility over the outcome. It was one of those weird, dream moments, where you are just trapped in a mental box, nothing is clear or revealed, but you just know. SUch was the case this time...I KNEW somebody had died...but it wasnt ever revealed during the dream, but that was the source of my sorrow and guilt. Just knowing that I was responsible for a head on collision, and the death of a family member, in which everyone blamed me and would not fogive me for
i even remember the acrid taste of vomit i immediately had when i exited the vehicle (might be the first time ive dreamed about blowing chunks) ins a sort of dream state of actual 'shock' ...

but relating to the OP...I dream often, I dream vividly, and I generally have a schedule of when I can expect my dreams to come. They often never make much sense, and Im not the type to try to apply my dreams to the outside world (like predicting an outcome)...but what I DO DO, which shouldnt be a surprise...interpret them to the best of my abilities, CONNECT THE DOTS, and apply it to my own way of life/current events.

Interesting. I don't relate my dreams with the outside world either. I just think there interesting. I like the idea of using them to connect the dots of my psyche though. There are reasons we dream what we dream. I just find is strange how random my dreams are and how much they actually make since to me while I am having them.

Top Bottom