• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Dreams and the Subconscious

Local time
Today 2:58 AM
-->
I dream every night, often ten different dreams.

I once dreamt I...fucked my father. 3 times in a row.
Like once isn't enough....
It was awful.. I couldn't look him in the eye for a whole week afterwords.

thats gotta suck:eek:

nemo

Local time
Today 5:58 PM
-->
*keeps quiet*

I sometimes have these dreams where I'm being chased by someone or something. I run and run without getting tired, but I'm always on the verge of being caught. When I wake up I feel like I can't breathe, I'm still so damn terrified.
I guess the meaning of the dreams seem pretty clear. There's something I'm running away from and it's catching up to me. I have no idea what that could be though.

Firehazard's recount reminds me of a dream I had. I was out in the country going to a barbecue or something, and there's this guy beside me. I know him in reality, but we're not really on speaking terms. Somehow, we're arm in arm and I'm feeling so safe, happy and warm that it hurts a little. Maybe my subconscious is telling me to get a boyfriend? >___>

Adamastor

Local time
Today 3:58 AM
-->
*keeps quiet*

I sometimes have these dreams where I'm being chased by someone or something. I run and run without getting tired, but I'm always on the verge of being caught. When I wake up I feel like I can't breathe, I'm still so damn terrified.
I guess the meaning of the dreams seem pretty clear. There's something I'm running away from and it's catching up to me. I have no idea what that could be though.

I used to dream like this, but nowadays is not common... I liked to dream like this, because the sensation of being alone and struggling was somewhat refreshing. It is funny you are always running from something our someone, or many things, etc, there is basically no interaction and if you, for example, not that this happens, "talk", see someone besides the ones following you I've never noticed its face, maybe because for me its unimportant...

I really enjoy dreaming... Its kinda of like a video game and if you think actually think about it, its amusing to identify symbols that were in your dream (like "Where did it come from?")

nemo

Local time
-->
Rather than refreshing, I find it scary... Maybe I'm just easily spooked. :(

I guess dreaming is a bit like a video game. My friend says that she can control her dreams. One time she dreamt she was going to get stabbed, and because she didn't want to get stabbed, the knife sort of twisted in its course away from her. :S

Sometimes when I'm dreaming, I know it's a dream. But sometimes I think dream is reality and when I wake I realise I'm just starting the day, I haven't already had this day yet like I did in the dream. It disorientates me. >.<

Local time
-->
I like it when I have dreams that are vivid and abstract but have just enough reality in them to be coherent. Had one of those the other day. I'd post it but I don't like to talk about fresh dreams.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
Firehazard159 - if you ever want to describe any of your dreams, please do. That was amazing. I especially liked how the colors and personalities differed with what girl you were interested in. Seriously, your dreams should be made into movies or something. :)

I've had some weird ones, although I can't recall most well enough to really describe them. I remember one where I had somehow gotten some kind of object in my mouth and it had to be pulled out. But the object was so big that pulling it out caused my my entire mouth to fall out as well. I woke up feeling glad that I still had a mouth.

hmmm, let's see...
- As a child, I had many recurring dreams of being attacked by a polar bear. I've never even seen one irl.
- I had one dream that an angry gorilla was trying to break into a house I used to live in (and was living in during this dream for some reason). Me and my dad somehow managed to distract the gorilla long enough to escape and drive away. I've had one variation where we kill the gorilla and then run away, and another where we run to our neighbor for shelter and to call the police. lol

Animal attacks are a staple of my dreams for some reason.

There's an interesting site here that interprets dream symbols. I'm not sure how accurate or relevant it is, but it's food for thought. It seems that most symbols are sexual in some way, no surprises there.

Android

Solyaris
Local time
Yesterday 11:58 PM
-->
I'm standing below a huge wall (100s of feet tall, extending from horizon to horizon), in the middle of a desert of black sand with no details. I'm watching myself from behind. The blocks are flashing black, primary color, white at widely varying rates. (black, red, white, black, yellow, white, black, blue, white ...) There is no door or any break to the pattern of the blocks. I'm just watching myself standing there, and wondering why I'm not doing anything. The environment doesn't concern me. It feels like I know what to do, but I can't make myself do it (remember, I'm watching myself standing there). The wall starts slowly leaning towards me, then starts crumbling as it falls. I turn around and start running, past where I'm watching myself from, and disappear from the dream. I seem mad at myself for running. As the wall crumbles it turns to black and white, and stops changing color. I wake up.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 6:58 AM
-->
My dreams are always set in places I know, although the geometry isn't right, such as rooms missing or extra corridors which go somewhere else completely. And most of the people in my dreams are people I know. My most vivid dreams are the most surreal. When I was a child I had a dream where I was in my garden, and the animal characters from a cartoon were with me, then a pirate was chasing us round he garden.
Another dream I had was that I was in school being taught a lesson normally, but then for some reason the school was underground, and then it was being attacked by the army, and then a teacher asked me to go and check the boiler to make sure that it didn't explode :confused:

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->
I just had this wicked dream. I wasn't in it at all, there were all these different, widely varied characters, I can't remember the exact number, but anywhere from 7+, ranging from every skin color from old to young (The youngest was about 13-14, oldest I specifically remember was 50's.) And man and woman. This group of people was travelling around together, each have a special skill, all of them being criminals. The exception was one guy, who happened to be the fight club protagonist, and he was completely normal, not a criminal, although he pretended he was. He was like, the front man / leader of the group. The dream overall has the same kind of feeling as oceans 11 really... anyway. So I have this vague impression that they've done tons of successful heists at this point, no ones on their trail, and they're quite well off. Everyone had split off and begun living their dream lives, and the leader starts meeting up with each individual member, and killing them, really for no reason. He shows up at each of their personal places, usually talks with them for a bit, then like, a premonition would happen (I'm not sure if it was his premonition, or me simply seeing the future of what he was going to do; maybe that was his skill?). Anyway, the flash of how he would kill them would appear, then it'd go back to the discussion, and shortly he would perform exactly what the premonition said would happen.

The last two kills I remember, sort of. He was walking into an old falling apart, but for some reason successful and cozy bar. The owner / bartender came out talking to him, and apparently had never really gotten along with him. She was black, in her 40's, very powerful persona, but for some reason she was very scared of him, like she knew his skill, but had only just then realized it was him that had it, and she ran back in and hid behind the bar, and he blasted his shotgun right where she was hiding, then goes in and sits behind the bar next to a sink behind him.

The little girl comes in, and for some reason she reminds me of the little girl from Interview with a vampire. She had an eternal sense about her, a wisdom beyond her years but a childishness too. She looked practically like a doll, polyanna type girl, long blond curly hair, wearing one of those dresses with a hoop skirt kind of thing, pearly white skin, and wickedly intense eyes. This is the longest discussion I remember, but the details I can't recall. All I know is, he's mocking her and all their dead crew he's slain, something about how he had been playing them all along, they'd always seen him as the weakest, when he was the strongest, he's mocking her for not understanding / reading him sooner and such, when a premonition of him getting his head pushed under the water in the sink and being held there pops into my head. This makes him from while he's talking, when the little girl smashes his face down into the water and holds him there, and that's when I wake up. The impression I felt after waking up was that she doesn't successfully kill him, but neither does she die, I don't think. Of course, I'll never know now!

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
I had a good one last night.

I was walking all alone through a huge field of grass, and every step i took was very deliberate, as i was putting so much energy and effort into each one. Im not saying it was difficult to walk, just that i was doing it very deliberately.
Very frequently i would look behind myself and see that in the places i had taken steps, the grass was growing, leaving a trail of life an vibrance wherever i walked.

Eventually, some other people appeared, and started showing amazement at what i was doing. i wanted to stay, and show off to let everyone see what i could do, but i was also very scared of what they would think of me. I didnt talk to anyone, and walked away from them until i reached a sidewalk where no one could notice what i could do.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
I have a recurring dream that my friend, who i screwed over, is always acting really nice to me. Probably means I feel guilty for what I did.

I have another dream where my step dad shoots me in the head.

Venture

Banned
Local time
-->
I have a recurring dream that my friend, who i screwed over, is always acting really nice to me. Probably means I feel guilty for what I did.

I have another dream where my step dad shoots me in the head.

Okay okay, what exactly happens?

Carnap

Local time
Today 7:58 AM
-->
Ok, I erased my other dream cause we had some trolls lurking and posting at that time, but now I'm back. This morning I had a dream about some people from my past. Usually my vivid dreams are preceded by something that is happening to me in my present life. I think this one was because my INFJ mother is getting on my nerves with her lack of analytical skills and what I perceive to be a fake and syrupy persona sometimes.

So : the dream started in a van. I was with some teenage pothead friends from high school. We were driving to my ex boyfriend's house from when I was 17 (long time ago) to buy pot from him. I said to the guy running in "Tell C I said hi" because I have always kept a soft spot in my heart for him (not romantically) because I know he is highly intelligent and kind but struggles a lot in life emotionally.

When my friend got to the door, the front window opened and I saw my sister who has been deceased for ten years (in real life). I acted casual and glad to see her. "hey D !!! can you let my friend in? He's clean (hygenically)." She let him in. She then said :

"you know, I may not be what mom makes me out to be" And she faxed over this paper to the van. Some homemade new agey flyer that said :

"You may be in perpetual moon phase (meaning change)" and it had on a phone number of some people who offered some kind of help/counseling. I looked at it and said "you know, I don't think these people can help you, I think you just need more formal education"

And that was it.

My take on the dream:

my mom has always idealized this sister, probably favored her when she was alive and made her into a saint when she died. she may have been bipolar, and my mom is always talking about it. but in the dream i had the impression that she was saying she may not be as "saintly" as my mom is always saying.

not sure what to think.

any ideas?

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Wow, there's some really good stuff on here that I'd like to analyze once I have more time but for now...

I had a dream recently that a man was trying to kill me. It was dark (of course) and we were hunting each other around a three story house (typical horror movie fair right?). The whole time I'm just wondering who the hell the guy is and what he means by trying to kill me. I'm not actually to fussed about the fact that he's trying to kill me just curious as to why. I finally see his face and realize it's my father. I freak out. My heart starts beating so hard it hurts and I'm shuddering uncontrollably (I've always had a good relationship with my father in real life). All I can think is that I can't fight back because it's my father. I mean I could hit him or knock him out but since he's trying to kill me I've got to take him out in turn right? These thoughts are repeating themselves over and over in head as I'm sneaking away from him and hiding. I finally find a hole where I feel secure enough to stop and think rationally for a minute. I realize that if my father (in his right mind) knew that he had tried to kill me and that I had not at least tried to defend myself he'd be pissed off that I didn't kill him first. Once this realization pops into my head I pick up a big iron bar that materializes out of thin air turn around and find my murderous father standing behind me. I beat the living crap out of him (it was really bloody actually) without feeling any emotion at all. As he's dying on the floor he looks up at me and says, "good job" just like he does when I've figured out some new riddle he's given me.

Then I wake with the weirdest sort of feeling. That dream left me shaking for days. It freaked me out that I killed my father in such a graphic way with no remorse and it freaked me out that my father acted like I'd passed some sort of test after I'd killed him.

-Now I'm running off to read the other dreams already posted!

Carnap

Local time
-->
I took a nap a couple hours ago and here they are ! Extra vivid (from my Iodine supplementation???)

First, I was sitting on a bench in the street. Some fat African lady sat on the bench next to me and a skinny African adolescent as well. The streets were water. Right next to an ocean. Ski dos and boats going all past, the water so clear, so choppy so gorgeous. I squinted and saw the lit bridge in the background.

It turned day and the water was no longer there. I was still on the bench. Some scraggly guy came up. Some old people were there. I considered the scraggly guy but let some other girl have him.

I walked. Got to a children's play area. Some guy was kissing a girl there. I took him (hmm wonder what this is about), let him kiss her one more time and took him up the jungle gym. I said, "this is my husband" and felt the kiss in my dream.

The dream changed episodes. I suddenly saw, kinda like the Star Trek intro, a text scrolling down the "screen". It was a binary code. Numbers were popping out of the binary code in 3D. 24.

Then, blond superman and blond Lois popped fell to the ground in a hallway out of nowhere. I though "oh no, I'm involved with Superman?" We were discussing. Disputing like some ridiculous battle of the sexes. One of us, can't remember if him or me, stepped in front of a nature painting and, like a chameleon, turned into a dear. Then the other did the same. Can't remember which animal.

Cog I need you.

Unless this is just my Iodine dream!!! Oops, after that nap I won't be sleeping !!

Local time
-->
Of my 3 most recent vivid dreams this one was by far the most abstract and cool, theres a lot of blank spots as it was weeks ago I had this one. I was traveling and went to some large bank. There was this strange looking elevator there that was locked but somehow I effortlessly opened it and snuck in when no one was looking. I was with 2 friends. It looked almost broken/decrepit on the inside but when I pushed the button to the top floor this was unlike any elevator I could have thought of. It moved in a spiral upwards. When I got to the top it was like some commune type apartment, nothing special but it was all hippies living there. The floor was littered with the greenest, prettiest buds I had ever seen. I was talking and smoking with them and just picked one off the floor and smoked it. They almost looked like they were made from gems. Like little 1 foot gem-flowers all over the floor. Have a blank spot here(high in the dream probably:smoker::D) and I was all alone wondering where my 2 friends and the rest of the people were and I started to feel paranoid/ unwelcome or something. The 2 came out from one of the rooms and so I figured it was time to go, got on the elevator to go down and this was even weirder than the up elevator. It started to go down but then it disappeared and I was caught in some kind of mesh floating net. All the people were laughing at me and I realize I had been pranked and it was actually pretty fun floating in this flying bubble. For some reason my friends were gone during this or were in on the prank or something. It was all in good fun. I realized these people were shapeshifters or something like that and then I went on my way feeling happy with my encounter. Best dream I had in a long time. It feels like there's more but I can't remember it. That one had me in a good mood for a couple days.

Artifice Orisit

*I feel a disturbance in the net*

First, I was sitting on a bench in the street. Some fat African lady sat on the bench next to me and a skinny African adolescent as well. The streets were water. Right next to an ocean. Ski dos and boats going all past, the water so clear, so choppy so gorgeous. I squinted and saw the lit bridge in the background.
I have no idea what the lady & adolescent represent (probably nothing), but I'm fairly certain the water/ocean theme represents an idyllic place/time. Such "impossible paradise" settings are quite common and are usually the result of the dreamer being happy/calm/relaxed in real life.

It turned day and the water was no longer there. I was still on the bench. Some scraggly guy came up. Some old people were there. I considered the scraggly guy but let some other girl have him.
The setting changed, moving slightly away from the idyllic and interestingly into the daylight hours, I'd attribute this to your nature as an introvert, feeling more comfortable in gloom than the harsh, revealing sunlight. The old people were just spectators, probably representing your consideration for the opinions of others, you let the scraggly guy be taken by another because you didn't want to be looked down upon by the esteemed elders.

I walked. Got to a children's play area. Some guy was kissing a girl there. I took him (hmm wonder what this is about), let him kiss her one more time and took him up the jungle gym. I said, "this is my husband" and felt the kiss in my dream.
Tactile sensations, your in deep REM sleep now.
I'm guessing here you see yourself proactively taking a guy to be your own, but you're acutely aware that he wasn't yours first, there's some underlying anxiety from that but since you allowed him to kiss his previous love goodbye it seems your well in control of this anxiety. By taking him up into the jungle gym you're physically separating him from any possibility of going back, consolidating the relationship's security. Your statement "this is my husband" serves both to reaffirm it to yourself (as INTPs do) and to verbally confirm the arrangement with the guy, his kissing you is the acceptance of the agreement, which gives you peace of mind, the catharsis of this little story.

The dream changed episodes. I suddenly saw, kinda like the Star Trek intro, a text scrolling down the "screen". It was a binary code. Numbers were popping out of the binary code in 3D. 24.
If this was in my head it would have deep symbolic meaning, but I suspect you've been watching to much TV.

Then, blond superman and blond Lois popped fell to the ground in a hallway out of nowhere. I though "oh no, I'm involved with Superman?" We were discussing. Disputing like some ridiculous battle of the sexes. One of us, can't remember if him or me, stepped in front of a nature painting and, like a chameleon, turned into a dear. Then the other did the same. Can't remember which animal.
...marital conflict with one's idealised lover, resulting in avoidance/obfuscation tactics to end the conflict and thus preserve the relationship.

I have no idea why they're blond, although perhaps a Superman/James-Bond is your idea of the perfect man, your dream lover, and by the symbolism that you both had the same hair colour I suspect you see yourself being in an equal-terms relationship with this figure.

Carnap

Local time
-->
Hey I haven't watched TV in three years, buddy.

If not the Africans could have something to do with the refugees that we have in my city that are wreaking havoc (my mom volunteered to help them integrate and found out there is a lot of abuse of the children, etc. and the state is not taking care of the problem).

I like your take on the last segment !

Deleted member 1424

I had a whole host of odd dreams last night, but this is the one I remember most vividly.

There was a group of people 'building' a fish tank. It had all sorts of aquatic plants and 'flowers' and brightly colored fish. It was a whole ecosystem and it was unspeakably gorgeous. A few of the fish stand out in my mind. One was like a cross between a swordfish and an eel, there was a crab that burrowed in the ground, and an insanely fast silver blur. The last creature added to the tank was a spider of sorts; it looked like a burnt orange tarantula. Apparently it could survive under water just fine though.

Once added to the tank it began to devour all the other creatures, most even larger than it. In the span of an hour it had consumed everything, except for the swordfish-eel, which had somehow impaled itself on 'sea grass,' while trying to escape from the spider.

The group of people had been watching, and they were horrified. They wanted to get rid of the spider so they could rebuild the fish tank, but they didn't want to kill it. They decided to abandon it twenty miles away in the desert, and then I woke up.

Carnap

Local time
-->
This girl bought some eggs, in a carton, with the baby chicks on top. She put them in an open suitcase. She went in the suitcase. One of the chicks started doing something. It folded its body inside its wings and made a lovely design, folded its wings until it was like a chinese folding fan and it set itself on a little shelf on the wall.

The girl in the suitcase pinched me. She jumped out in a muted red and black karate suit and did a flip and blocked me in the doorway.

I think this dream is about having hope for a new situation, I'd like to move to a new school and the karate is about me defending myself in the face of the people who tortured me, and moving on.

Carnap

Local time
-->
I'm double posting cause I have a new dream.

So, in the first segment I was married in Algeria (in real life my Algerian friend wanted me to marry her brother) and because of my past, my husband kept me in a prison in the back yard and my own sons would come and taunt me at the gates saying, "you need to stay in here to be a good mummy."

I was desperate, the gates were tall and golden brass. I looked behind me and saw a my bed, a hammock, and the clear, wavy ocean and I thought "how lucky I am after all." The dream "zoomed in" on the ocean, the shore, the waves. I thought of escaping. I ran.

I got on a path. It was like boot camp. The guards shouted "run. 25. 26...34. This would be illegal in the States. Run." I was now running from a cat. It was terrifying me. I entered into a house. Nice house. I tried to ditch the cat there. I got a lamp ready to smash on its head. I found a jug of water, that did. I poured it on the cat to immobilize it while I ran.

I got to a lady's house. She made some eggs. On the deck, some dogs came, scared me, barked.

The scene shifted. I was with the man I love, we were watching American TV and it was raunchy, filth, wretched, veiny, fleshy filth. I was ashamed. He wanted to emulate some of it and I thought, 'this is the last time with you'.

Commentary:

I think I'm a little lost at the moment, and the ocean is like change, the shoreline is changing, etc. and I have no idea what to do with my life. I'm running from the cat which is like running from indepenence b/c I am having a hard time taking care of myself and I want to get married or go home to my own country.
Maybe the last part is about the person I love (not recprocal btw) and that I'm scared we don't share the same moral values...

Artifice Orisit

I had a couple of dreams last nigh

In the first there was a boy (not me, this dream was in 3rd person) living in the ruined hulk of what was once part of a huge, magnificent space ship. He was alone in this strange, silent metal "house" and he had an absolutely stunning view out of some massive great windows, of the planets, asteroids and so-forth passing by outside, a truly awe inspiring spectacle. But he wasn't happy living inside all the time, he wanted open spaces, he wanted to be outside, so he put on his space-suit and walked out onto one of the decks exposed the vacuum. Once out there on this balcony of sorts he finally felt free, but then some aliens (xenomorphs, he knew about them from when they were crawling on the windows) came over the hulks surface, clearly intending to attack him.
After several minutes spent successfully fighting them off, kicking them off the hulk to drift away into the depths of space, one of them spat acid into his face, and the dream ended with him blind & helpless as they stood back, waiting…

The next dream was pretty short, I was in a dark, dirty, foreign bar (possibly Mexican), the bartender asked if I wanted something to drink, I said no (I don't like bars), he then placed two drinks in front of me and said they were free, one was Vodka with a sky blue label on the bottle, the dream ended before I got to the second one, but I think it was gin or something similar.
The bottles were glass, and no more than 400ml each, at most.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
Imagine the *Pine-Sol woman parachuting from the sky in a huge and ornate purple dress and landing gracefully on stilts in a field. Then she says "you should get one of these dresses" and when I go to the store to get mine all they have is a really ugly one with an american flag sown into it. While at the store I see some juggling balls by the counter and hastily grab them because I've always wanted legit juggling balls. And so when I got out to meet the woman again, after being frustrated by my own stupid dress, I found that the juggling balls were silly plastic collapsing juggling balls for the purposes of magic tricks. And I had spent my last $10 on them..

*an acquaintance of mine who headed up the local pflag who sometimes gets mistaken for the pine-sol woman.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Imagine the *Pine-Sol woman parachuting from the sky in a huge and ornate purple dress and landing gracefully on stilts in a field. Then she says "you should get one of these dresses" and when I go to the store to get mine all they have is a really ugly one with an american flag sown into it. While at the store I see some juggling balls by the counter and hastily grab them because I've always wanted legit juggling balls. And so when I got out to meet the woman again, after being frustrated by my own stupid dress, I found that the juggling balls were silly plastic collapsing juggling balls for the purposes of magic tricks. And I had spent my last $10 on them..

*an acquaintance of mine who headed up the local pflag who sometimes gets mistaken for the pine-sol woman.

That dream is fascinating. In numerous dreams I've had the experience of acquiring something I thought was valuable only to have it turn out to be worthless. I wonder what that means about how I view my conscious experiences...

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Last night: was flying up into the sky as if in a plane, but it wasn't a plane because it was open-air, possibly a hot air balloon. I was with some people but can't remember who they were, anyway, I looked over the edge and thought "if I want to kill myself, this is a good time to do it". But a fear bordering on terror came over me and I didn't do it.

Carnap

Local time
-->
Oh dude, that's no good, BM. Are you ok?

Andy

Local time
-->
My worst nightmare is that it's Monday. Happens a lot but never on Mondays. I get dreams it's Saturday at the beginning of the week, waking up is truly terrible after them.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
I had this one a couple weeks ago, and wrote it down as soon as I woke from it at about 3:30am. It has been a long time since I had a dream this intricate and just plain interesting...

The world is on the verge of destruction because an intelligent bomb of sorts declares it is going to detonate in 4 hours. (I actually saw the bomb make this announcement, for some reason it looked like the radio communicator screen in metal gear solid. The bomb's face was crazy looking, like half mannequin half skull, and it's voice was like a little girl's mixed with a man's voice, artificially high pitched.)

I was with this girl and another guy. Both me and the other guy wanted the girl, but she ended up falling for me instead of him. Then me and this girl ran away together, and in the last few minutes before cataclysm, she was taken from me, literally ripped from my grasp by some unknown force that just pulled her away.
I ran toward her to try and take her back, and then the bomb detonated behind me.

Now I am running from this giant wave of fire, and I escaped by running into this passage underground, I think it was some subway or something, because I remember seeing train tracks, among a few other weird random things.

When I came back to the surface, I found myself in a ruined city. Buildings were destroyed and there was fire still off in the distance, and soot and ashes in the sky. There was a handful of other survivers that the girl I was trying to save is no where to be found.

I still had hope that this girl had survived so I made my way out of the city to go off and find her. For some reason that this point of the dream, I felt unique. There was other people around, but I felt different from them, like I was the last of my kind.

I heard some kid scream, and then I heard a loud bang. I ran over to where I heard the noises and there was this big robot thing with one red eye that was attacking some people.

So I flew straight up at this big robot (Yes, flew. At this point in the dream I had powers and had become stronger) and hit it with a sword like weapon, and then evaded it's attacks and continued striking at it.

Then I noticed that this robot was being controlled by a person. A person who I felt was somehow like me, another person with power. As I started flying at this person while evading the robot's attacks I heard a voice speak:

"He never learned. No matter how much he struggles, there will always be a new enemy to fight."

The dream ended here.

Artifice Orisit

Words cannot express how awesome that was.

*has awe-gasm*
*keels over and dies*
*body spontaneously combusts*
*the flames reach nitrogen's ignition temperature and the atmosphere burns*

Now you know.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
Adymus, that was enjoyable. Especially the end quote.

Last night I dreamed that there was this refuge camp for vampires. But this dream looked like it was done in sketches on notebook paper. A truck was brought to the camp and the shipment (people) started running as soon as the doors opened. The people were sick and incredibly thin, and the vamps were kind of annoyed with that. But they still chased after them and fed.

Carnap

Local time
-->
I had two dreams this morning that were obvious wish fulfillment dreams. One was that I was sitting with my two old best friends that dated for years, I was third wheel and always enjoyed both personalities greatly. I was, in the dream, discussing a current situation with them, me the unorganized one expressing the problem, M., the ES?? breaking it down into common sense for me and D. laughing a hidden and knowing laugh. Of course, they're not together anymore.

Then, there was an issue with baby food. The baby food, powdered chocolate, was labeled "Cocaine" and when the baby reached out for it to put it's hand on, a hairy person came to sit on that hand, to stop it from using the baby food.

That might just have to do with me trying to convince my sister not to use formula along with breastfeeding...

Then, there were some articulate and somewhat jocular children discussing celebrity sports figures in front of a television. I couldn't even catch what they were saying.

Finally, we (we?) went to a gated house. The girlchild scribbled things all over the porch of the man she was in love with. Childish scribling, some oddly witty things, some funny declarations of love. She signed it Rose MacGowen.

I'm really interested in knowing why she signed it with a celebrity's name...

But this dream looked like it was done in sketches on notebook paper.

awesome. I once had an animated dream, it was so cool.

Robert

Local time
-->
If we're being Freudian it's not just about looking for sexual symbolism. :-) Does anyone do dream interpretation here? The rules are quite simple.

Consider each element of your dream separately. Think about what associations come into your mind related to each separate element, and do not reject them no matter how absurd or disgusting they might seem. Write them all down.

You should find by the end of the analysis that there are underlying associative thoughts that are connected to some kind of wish (admittedly often sexual ... ). The Interpretation of Dreams is great stuff, everyone should read it who's interested in dreams! Even if you don't like Freud, the first chapter's a summary of all the theories about dreams written up to that point from classical age onwards.

Carnap

Local time
-->
I often have a dream involving my significant other. One time it was me, blond and naked, driving the car, a convertible, him in the passenger seat. It was a long time ago, I don't remember all the details but I do remember him looking at a dignified brunette, wanting to leave the blond and go with the brunette.

Someone once told me it meant that my s.o. hated my feminine, wild, emotional side and wanted only the calm and rational part of me, and that I would always have problems in the relationship if I had to deny that part of me.

I had another one once about a traumatic event. It was him who persuaded me to take the decision that upset me so much. So, in the dream I saw a brunette in a tight short dress get in the car with him, leaving behind a blond woman in a white dress, light all around her, crying and sobbing. Obviously the brunette was wearing the short dress because I felt so cheap about the decision I had been made to lead while the most pure side of me desperately wanted it the other way (I'm obscuring it because it's a personal situation).

Recently I had a dream about the guy I'm interested in. There was a blond on the ground next to him, kind of old fashioned hair. There was a brunette girl, fashionable, intellectual glasses, driving a helicopter. The man I was interested in was looking up at her, interested. The blond was jealous, forbid him to communicate with her. Then suddenly a bra appeard (like a blueprint of one) and some violent stitches were made, sewn to the back of it.

What the hell was that part about?

Is this another one where yet another man hates my feminine side? Or is it about his girlfriend being jealous?

If it is the former, is this going to be the story of my life? Men not wanting my emotional side?

wolf_spirit

My Black Poison Blood
Local time
-->
Well I dream sometimes, but my dreams ae usually about school and home. Nothing really unusual, but I sleep talk quite alot, mainly about random sh*t nothing with meaning really, I don't know how to stop it TBH, I keep repeating to myself 'I will not sleep talk' 10 times before I go to bed, not sure if it works, I'll have to find out, any suggestions how to stop it and what causes it?

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
sometimes, in the morning, as I am awakening, I have this belief that I am chatting on irc, and I have to finish my conversation before I wake up. I think I shall stop going on it at such late hours :p

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I hab had a LOT of dreams where I go back to my old place of work. Not one particular place - it could be any place I've worked before. And every time, I say to myself at some point, "it's not a dream this time, I'm actually back, I'm actually doing this, I'm actually working here again..." Last night I really felt myself living it.

Any interpretations of this recurring theme? Rebirth, perhaps?

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
A couple nights ago I had a victory over my dreams. I thought I should share. :)

In the dream, I was in my backyard. The sky was cloudy; it felt like winter time and it would snow soon. I looked around and realized quite suddenly that my backyard was just a tad too large, and the layout of my house was a tiny bit off. (My dreams often put absurdly correct details in them, leading me sometimes to confuse dreams with memories.)

Anyway, when I realized that these things were different, the dream snapped into a lucid one. I felt my consciousness returning (a common response to lucid dreams), and in the dream I said "No, let me stay here. I don't want to go yet." (I've read that speaking in a lucid dream helps prolong the dream.)

It worked. So, presented with this blank dream I was in control of, I decided to try something. I've always wanted to fly in my dreams. Always. There have been times I dreamt I was a bird and as soon as I realized I was flying, I fell and couldn't get back up. So I closed my eyes and imagined growing wings.

It was freaking amazing. Completely indescribeable. I had huge glossy black wings on my shoulderblades. However, flying was...interesting. Since I don't know how it would feel to have wings, my dream couldn't make up the muscle movements, so while I felt my wings beating and the breeze from them, I didn't feel myself actually working them. But I was in the air, and could move and feel the wind on my face.

Unfortunately, I overworked the dream...I tried to create someone I know, someone who lives too far away for me to see them in real life. I got frustrated when I couldn't picture them perfectly, and woke up.

wolf_spirit

My Black Poison Blood
Local time
-->
I skipped over your post :P that really interesting, I might try it sometime...well I'd imagine turning into a wolf ofc

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
Bananner:
Sorries. Next time I'll be more dull so you can have the spotlight. :P
I didn't skip your post though! I'm just not good at interpreting dreams. Imo the only person who can interpret dreams is the dreamer hirself. 'Cos no one else knows what connections you make with certain things, or what's happened in your life, etc...

Wolfie:
I've been inconsistently working on lucid dreaming for about two years. Once you find tricks to realizing it's a dream, the hardest part is staying asleep but being conscious enough to decide things for yourself. 'Cos if you're too conscious, you obviously wake up. That's the problem I ran into when I tried bringing someone into my dream. :[
It's a fun experience though. Definitely worth looking into.

wolf_spirit

My Black Poison Blood
Local time
-->
Wolfie:
I've been inconsistently working on lucid dreaming for about two years. Once you find tricks to realizing it's a dream, the hardest part is staying asleep but being conscious enough to decide things for yourself. 'Cos if you're too conscious, you obviously wake up. That's the problem I ran into when I tried bringing someone into my dream. :[
It's a fun experience though. Definitely worth looking into.
I have controlled my dreams before, only upto a certian extent, which, so far is saying what I want to say, and maybe running where I want to go. However, it has never crossed my mind while in a dream, to imagine whatever I would like. It's worth doing, the best I have got to do is become telekenetic while in a dream, and I have to say, IT WAS AWESOME! Eventhough it only lasted a short while it was good.

Carnap

Local time
-->
Ok, so this dream that I had, I've forgotten some of the beginning, it's a bit patchy :

Somehow, my sister wanted me to change cars with her. I think it was my sister. The police were involved. We had to trick them or something, play nice. I ended up parking that car in our garage.

On the deck at the house it was raining. There was a cup of rain water and dirt, for some reason I drank it. "Oh no ! She drank the dirty water." It was some monumental problem.

I decided to leave, with a jet pack on my back I was flying away. The motor burned out, smoke coming out of the holes. I still walked around with that thing on my back like it would take me somewhere. Pathetic, almost.

So with that jet pack on my back I went to social gatherings and insulted the French, to the French (I have a bad habit of doing that, no wonder I have no friends.)

Then, I lost my temper. Someone cut me off and I asked if it was really necessary to cut me off. The person spat my temper back in my face and I woke up scared...of my own temper, for once.

Carnap

Local time
-->
Last night's dream :

I forgot the first third of the dream. I might come back to it.

In the middle of the dream, though, I (but I had long, long thick blond wavy hair, was almost given the image of the prettiest but sort of airheaded girl that I was in elementary school with) was playing a basketball game. Our team was not ahead. I kept fumbling the ball, getting it out of bounds. I sat on the court, I said "I don't like giving up." The female coach said, "me neither, but let's just give up this one time." She had a long, morn face, goulish putty face. I said, "I guess I'm just not used to breaking a nail."

Then, the last snippet had me, a blue hat covering religious dress, blue, blue eyes. A female voice said, "I know you prayed to win the game, but the other team prayed for the same thing. And God can't let you both win. Sometimes it's best this way." And my face, from another angle had bright gray eyes and a thin, pointy Victorian shape.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
I had an incredible dream this morning. The best way I can describe it is that it was "semi-lucid." anyways, here you go:

I was having a normal dream about playing a real time strategy game involving characters from the Warhammer 40k universe (it wasnt quite Dawn of War, but similar in that respect), and suddenly I was no longer looking at a computer screen, but actually controlling the characters as thoughI was god or something. the battle escalated, and eventually I somehow became myself, exept with a jagged sword that I had fun running around slicing people up with. Eventually I came to a narrow marketplace, straight out of an ancient greek city. for some reason I had to get to the back of the marketplace, but it was absolutely packed with people fighting, so i decided to get on top of the cloth canopies of the stores and get there much faster. Then as I was about to jump down to reach my destination, my alarm clock rang.

I was pretty mad because it was an awesome dream, but then I remembered something pretty funny regarding W40k I had seen on youtube a while ago. I'm not quite sure at what point I fell back asleep, but the next sequence of events was that I started seeing a eagle/man wearing american colors going back and forth across my vision giving me some sort of speech that I couldnt hear while pointing with his finger alot. I just stared at him, and started to morph him into different art styles. then I "opened up my eyes" and realized I wasnt even looking in the direction of the eagle/man and instead was lying sideways looking at my arm. I lifted that arm to scratch my head, and I felt myself scratching it, but it was very scary because according to my sight, I hadnt moved my arm at all! at this point I concluded I must be dreaming, and decided to get up. It turned out I wasnt in my bed anymore, but in a sleeping bag on the roof of the market from my dream that had been interrupted.

I climbed down and went into the building at the end of the marketplace; it was a temple of some sort, very dark, and everyone was dressed in either deep crumson or black robes. I figured it was a satanic mass (not sure why), and there was no idol at the front of the temple, just a square hole in the ceiling where light was pouring in. Since I had rearrived in dream world I had full control over my thoughts and actions, but I didnt yet consciously acknowledge this. I went over to the marble steps before the light, and just sat there looking at it, when one of the priests from the church I go to walked in. I would have been embarrassed to have been found in such a place by him, so I just kept my head low, and he never noticed me. I still felt uncomfortable so I walked out of a side exit and suddenly I was in water.

I had no body, and before me I saw a circle of stones suspended in the water. Somehow I felt that they would take me somewhere. I passed through the circle, the water went away, and I climbed out of a pool in the back of a bookstore. I asked the stones when I would return, and they said, "once you are done." after this point I stopped feeling alone, as if someone were following me around, though I can't remember a single person who actually was.

I entered into the bookstore, saw my dad, and suddenly it dawned on me that I was lucid-dreaming. I started getting excited, running around full of joy, because I didn't this had ever happened to me. I then remembered that it is possible to wake up if you panic, or get overly excited, so I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. after I had calmed, I was afraid that I might actually wake up if I opened my eyes, so I had to search for the "right pair" of eyes to open. thankfully, I found the right ones. I was wondering what I should do, and I remembered that many people conjure up "blank slates" to play around in, but I didn't like the sound of it, and preferred to just be taken along for the ride by my subconscious, though for some reason I decided to go to my school.

once I was there I started to just walk the hallways, enjoying all the oddities my mind produced, such as having numerous accounts of deja vu, as well as a female narrator quiping on the various ways one could have sex within the school. I figured that since I could do anything, I would turn myself into a girl, but it didn't work, I think mainly because I was afraid of what the person following me would think, even though I have absolutely no memory of someone actually being there, just the feeling of it.

I went into the cafeteria (which was strangely in a glass dome underwater and featured various giant underwater creatures on display) with my non-existant follower and we saw there was a map of where all the different types of people sat. I noticed there was a section called "marines" (like space marines) so I went over to it. I found a friend of mine sobbing while recounting the times he spent with his girlfriend that I knew all about, even though she doesn't actually exist (though that didn't occur to me. at this point I still had control of myself, though circumstances were as whimsical as a dream, and I had memories from some sort of "subconscious history" that I didn't know I knew, now that I am awake).

I left for the football field and track because I wanted to do some impossible things. I ran around the track at what could well be called super-speed, though it was hard to control my body while I was running so fast. I then tried to lift a dumbell that was a few hundred pounds, but I couldn't do it, even though I knew it was a dream, I guess I had lost the ability to do absolutely anything at the point I decided I wanted to just follow along with my subconscious (much to my dismay, I couldn't fly either :(). I decided that the most rational explanation was that I could only make myself do things that were possible, forgetting how fast I had ran. Then on a whim, I decided that it would be snowing as I left the field (this would be the same kind of whim that had brought me to the school, the whim that would make anything possible, but that I had handed over, and only got back at brief intervals).

I then instantly went to my best friend's house (forgetting he actually lives hours away), because my backpack was in his room, and I would need it to leave. I had a conversation with him that was absolutely hilarious, now that I think about it. I was basically trying to explain to him that he wasn't actually real, and was just a figment of my imagination, while he was just smiling and laughing. If I had believed what I told him 100%, I dont think I would have needed to explain it to him in the first place, though he seemed so real! :p I guess this was the point at which my lucidity reached it's low point, because I spent an inane amount of time trying to crush all the bugs on his floor, rather than pack up my bag. Strangely, the bugs seemed to be part of someone's political campaign (don't ask), but I can't remember whose.

once I left his room, I was back at the steps in the temple, though the architecture had changed from greek to colonial, and it looked like it was a masonic lodge, though all the people dressed in red and black were still there, though the hole in the ceiling and the light was gone. things had reversed: the room was now lit, and the spot of their devotion was now dark.

I felt kind of bored being in that place, so I walked out of the front entrance, and as I got closer to the exit, the building started to resemble how it was in the beginning. I turned around for one final look, and I think that the light was back. I turned around to leave and simply woke up.

P.S. I'm sorry about the length of this, but I needed to write down as much as possible, because I don't want to forget any of it, even though I think I already did forget some, this is as much as I can remember.

Deleted member 1424

I had an unusually vivid dream last night. It took place in an enormous mall, but it wasn't a regularone. It was incredible decadent golden pillars, a 3-story crystal fountain, and a huge open ceiling where a golden dragon flew lazily.

There were two women, they were either sisters or close friends, who had just arrived to this place. The taller of the two women (our main character), was pushed roughly by a haggard, seemingly homeless man and she realized she'd been pickpocketed and began chasing him. After a time the haggard man began descending a small stairway, with the girl hot on his heels. After a few flights the arrived in a dark basement filled with dusty crates and the man huddled in a corner, covering his head, rocking back and forth and muttering madly to himself.

The woman stopped short, suddenly wary when she realized he was probably insane. She needed back what he stole, but he was trapped. She thought it best to be cautious, so she decided to give him a little time, but his mad ravings persisted. Idly she inspected one of the crates, and found it was full of all sorts of wondrous things; priceless works of art, fabric, and jewels. However there also bits of trash bottle caps, wrappers, bits of scrap, but it was all
still beautiful.

The Woman noticed the ravings had stopped, and found with a start the man was right next to her staring intently into the crate with a markedly clear and focused gaze unlike mere moments before. 'Did you steal all this' she asked gesturing to the 20 or so large crates in the room. He nodded abruptly and returned to his corner without a sound. She asked 'Why do you hide it away, it's beautiful?' but he didn't answer.

By this time the friend had finally caught up to them and asked what was going on. The taller woman said she didn't really know. The man had dropped her wallet when he got up, so she retrieved it and reluctantly left at the urging of her friend.

However she had become absolutely fascinated with the lunatic, and she returned everyday thereafter, her friend tagging along. Sometimes he would just rave, sometimes he would tell stories, and actually recognize their presence. He was an ugly little thing, but he had an otherworldly presence, and the friend was terrified of him. They became friends of sorts, the woman eagerly conversing with him, trying to figure him out.

During one of these visits, when the woman was alone, a secret door opened. She discovered there was an entire laboratory built around this man and his dwelling, analyzing his every move. It was apparent that entire purpose of the mall, was centered around him, but what exactly that purpose was I couldn't say.

A stern, bespectacled woman approached our protagonist and warned her. Three specific things would come to pass, after which something terrible would happen to her if she kept coming to visit their specimen. It was implied that the man would devour her soul or kill her or something like that. However she made it clear she would not force her to leave, the whole scenario was an experiment after all. The woman as curious as she about him, ignored the warning and decided to keep observing him until two of the prophecies came true. I don't remember what they were, but they came to pass and still she ignored the warnings.

The third prophecy was that her friend would break down out of fear and cut all ties with our protagonist, who after all this still did not leave, even though it was foretold to her. In my dream it felt as if this terrible ominous thing was about to happen, but I woke up before it occurred.

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
I will tell you about perhaps my most unusual dream, which also happens to be my most frequently recurring dream.

This is really hard to explain. There are shapes. Different shapes of different colours. They almost look like masks, but they have impossible shapes that couldn't exist in reality, perhaps they are in more dimensions than we are used to.

These dreams are incredibly distressing. I usually wake up from them feeling ill and feverish, and with this sensation that the room is shrinking. Actually, I am fully aware that it isn't, it's rather like I have this box inside my head that is shrinking and I start to panic. I don't know what this box is or what happens when it shrinks, but it feels alien and horribly, horribly wrong.

Top Bottom