• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Donna Tartt

Local time
Today 6:48 PM
-->
Donna Tartt is a cult author who writes a book every ten years. It seems like a bit of a literary event every time she brings out a new one and they all get rave reviews. I haven't read any of her books though but I was interested in her because she's got the reputation of being a bit of a recluse who holes herself up for years at a time. But if you watch the interview she seems like a great laugh.

She reminds me a bit of Christina Applegate (who I'm sure has been read as ESFJ). Seems sociable.

So I'd propose a read of ESFJ for Donna Tartt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZBDoi-Iag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiL1dIXAQKo

Interestingly, the subtype descriptions on the Socionics website for ESFJ says the ESFj-Fe subtype is named "The Popular Writer".

Local time
-->
I've changed my mind. I suppose she is probably more likely an INFJ.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
Extremely unlikely as an ESFJ, she doesn't think that way at all. Read both her books, INFJ or INTJ seem the likeliest picks to me (she intricately describes psychological processes, thinking and feeling, both collective and individual - from a detached meta-perspective). Watching the interview I'm thinking INFJ because she's really animated and expressive, indicating Fe.

"If you need a character all you need to do is look up.. people walking by"

The quote is pretty classic Ni stuff, sees a person and her Ni fills in all the blanks instantly. INTJs can do that as well, but they're not as good at it and opt to end up projecting a lot more.

Wonder bout ENTP though. But I don't think she's E because if I recall she's really not an extrovert in lifestyle. And again, it's typical for INFJs to be mistaken for extroverts on the basis off short interactions.

Local time
-->
Yeah I'd say no to ENTP on the basis that she has really sharp Se-Ni eyes. Something I kind of missed at first.

Top Bottom