• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Detached

Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
I believe this would be the best subforum to post this. If not, the mods are free to move it.

As of late I've felt detached. From everything. All obligations, everything that excited me a few weeks ago, (new project prospects, new ideas in general, etc.) are either causing me stress or I just don't care about them right now.

I've also found myself getting exceptionally frustrated with people. A situation with the company I'm freelancing with means I'll get paid later than I thought. The woman's stupidity and incompetence makes me want to drive 20 minutes just to slap her silly.

It's a weird combination I have swimming around in, the mix of detachment and rage. Is something other INTPs have experienced? Is it just a passing phase?

Local time
-->
You could be depressed. This inventory might help you find out whether you are or not: http://counsellingresource.com/lib/quizzes/depression-testing/qids-depression/.

-Duxwing

I scored a 13.

Total score of: 13
(11-15, Moderate Depression)
You appear to be experiencing some very moderate depressive symptoms, many of which are commonly found amongst the general population, but border on the possibility of a depressive episode. It is unclear whether or not you suffer these problems severely enough to need to seek further diagnosis and treatment.

There wasn't enough variety in the answers for me however, I felt that none of them truly fit what I was going through.

For example, with the second question about waking up a night, sometimes I do, and I have the hardest time falling asleep. But none of the possible answers where nuanced enough. It was either this, this or that. I largely have a mix of things going on.

It could be that I'm frustrated with my state in life right now. Looking for a job in the area I live in sucks, uncertainty about my relationship in terms of where we'll end up living sucks. And I mean, really, how hard is it to email people to tell them there might have been a problem with the server, and to resend an email so you can get paid for the work you've done. :facepalm:

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 5:01 AM
-->
You might just be in a rough spot in your life, but your weeks-long loss of interest in otherwise pleasurable activities and sense of detachment worries me. If you feel that the last inventory didn't capture you well, then look up the Beck's Depression Inventory.

-Duxwing

Local time
-->
The feeling of detachment is really getting to me. I dealt with a serious bout of depression in college, wasted quite a bit of my life being a total zombie. There are tangible reasons for me feeling this way this way. I think it's mostly the not knowing how to pick myself up out of my situation.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
The feeling of detachment is really getting to me. I dealt with a serious bout of depression in college, wasted quite a bit of my life being a total zombie. There are tangible reasons for me feeling this way this way. I think it's mostly the not knowing how to pick myself up out of my situation.

Then find someone to help you pick yourself up: whether you're relapsing or just in a rough spot, trusted others can help you see what you otherwise miss.

-Duxwing

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:31 PM
-->
I scored a 13.

There wasn't enough variety in the answers for me however, I felt that none of them truly fit what I was going through.

For example, with the second question about waking up a night, sometimes I do, and I have the hardest time falling asleep. But none of the possible answers where nuanced enough. It was either this, this or that. I largely have a mix of things going on.

Those sort of tests are highly reliant on correlatory inferences. They are based on empericism, not logic, and it drives me crazy too. For example, it asks if I gained weight. I've been bulking at the gym. I'm happy I've gained weight. But it is a strong correlate and would imply depression for most people.

Total score of: 16
(16-20, Severe Depression)

The phrasing of the questions implies that you have only just developed the symptoms, which forces you to assume a base-rate. For me this is inapplicable, as I have exhibited these symptoms my entire adult life.

Local time
-->
I don't have a lot of trusted others near me. I feel like anything I want to do I have to do alone.

But thank you Duxwing. You are quite the caring individual, even through a screen and all the electronic miasma I can feel your warmth. :)

Duxwing

Local time
-->
I don't have a lot of trusted others near me. I feel like anything I want to do I have to do alone.

A therapist can be that trusted other, and going it alone has left you here.

But thank you Duxwing. You are quite the caring individual, even through a screen and all the electronic miasma I can feel your warmth. :)

*glows* :) Thanks, and I hope that this problem clears up for you.

-Duxwing

Local time
-->
Those sort of tests are highly reliant on correlatory inferences. They are based on empericism, not logic, and it drives me crazy too. For example, it asks if I gained weight. I've been bulking at the gym. I'm happy I've gained weight. But it is a strong correlate and would imply depression for most people.

Total score of: 16
(16-20, Severe Depression)

The phrasing of the questions implies that you have only just developed the symptoms, which forces you to assume a base-rate. For me this is inapplicable, as I have exhibited these symptoms my entire adult life.
Exactly. It asked if I had experienced any weight loss. Had this been a few months ago, I'd have to click 'yes,' but that was something I wanted.

Top Bottom