• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Computer interface 2016

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
What will it be like?

wall displays.
artificial intelligence cameras.
bipedal Home robots 3 ft tall.

anything else?

A22

occasional poster
Local time
Today 5:03 AM
-->
How I think it will be like: 3D monitors (like 3D TVs). Movies on blu-ray and available in 3D.
How I would like it to be: Glasses that display an image like in the movies. No more displays.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
How I think it will be like: 3D monitors (like 3D TVs). Movies on blu-ray and available in 3D.
How I would like it to be: Glasses that display an image like in the movies. No more displays.

Interactive holograms.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Whatever it is, I probably won't get it till it's five years old, anyway.

Zionoxis

Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
They really need to start working on hologram projectors. Get it right and they will be far cheaper than moniters...

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
I really don't think there will be huge changes in the short future. Maybe 3D monitors and shit, but really, the whole 3D thing isn't that amazing. The technology is really old. (And I barely even notice the 3D effect, I think because I can already imagine a flat surface being 3D in my head or something... Not quite sure yet.)

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
-->
KTLA predicts... LOL! If this was Facebook, I'd have clicked the "Like" button on that one... :)

2016 is only 5 years away and I don't predict much change for computer displays. It is possible that 3D may enter the computer display world, but it really has little application on a computer screen other than movies and the 3D sets I've seen are not really that amazing anyway.

I do think we will see larger and more dense screens with ever higher resolutions, though.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Resolutions so great that the human eye cannot appreciate them! Consumers consuming for America! Healthy, white progress for healthy, white individuals!

Sorry, went into '50s propaganda film mode for a moment there.

smithcommajohn

Local time
-->
Resolutions so great that the human eye cannot appreciate them! Consumers consuming for America! Healthy, white progress for healthy, white individuals!

Sorry, went into '50s propaganda film mode for a moment there.

Progress! The American Way! Honest people earning an honest wage for an honest tomorrow!

Jelly Rev

Local time
-->
The continued intergration of
in abstract terms: music player, phone, computer, gaming system, internet and tv into one

in concrete terms: ipod/mp3's, gameboys/psp, tablets, portable video players, smart phones, laptops, etc.

Theses devices have and are continously merging into a singluar device. Each device is still slighter better at doing what its supposed to do. As Memory and processing power will keep continously expanding. This leading to smaller and ligher devices. And eventually satelite/cable will be moved to the internet as bandwith continues to increase.

The smart phone, tablet, laptop, internet, and media(tv and music) will continue to converge.

innovations that already exist such as the paper thin flexible tv screen, and flexible paper thin keyboard will merge technologies into one.

The smart phone perfect in its size could easily eventually have a pull out flexible screen that is bigger than the phone, allowing for much greater media entertainment while retaining the compact size. The keyboard combined with the pull out tv allows for a much greater monitor size

The screen I see as much more probable and for all than the keyboard bc the keyboard will likely be hauled as a seperate device. People want their device to do as much as possible with the fewest little pieces to haul around. versality vs. simplicity.

mobile money will become more mainstream as it has a prevelance in japan. also already existing is the ability for a smart phone to control appliances and even cars!.
another major innovation taking place is nanogenerators. These will allow smart phones to convert kinetic energy into electrical energy. this will allow a phone to continously charge itself off the enviroments energy.

I dont see much more going on with the 3d, its gimmicky and uneeded as it is.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I just want an OS that works but can also be used to do things and a computer that can run games at a high enough framerate that my eyes don't notice that there's a framerate. As soon as they come out. Forever.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
JellyRev: That's something I'd like to see. But not only the integration of the hardwares. Everything in-browser (or any app) would be nice too. Separated only by tabs.

A browser (lets call it like that) that worked as an internet browser, a file explorer, a music player, a picture viewer... No more taskbars, tabs is all there is.

An idea I just got: You know when you organize your files "by type" or "by name" on your file explorer? Wouldn't it be nice if it organized those files into folders? Example:

/folder
-- File1.a
-- File2.a
-- File1.b

Organize it "by extension"

/folder/.a
-- File1.a
-- File2.a
/folder/.b
-- File1.b

A interface like Shotwell/Picasa/Bridge would be nice for that:
[BIMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D1EpnOVJuA8/TJ9Uk4_hnQI/AAAAAAAADNg/gmJyf0ymL7g/s1600/shotwell01.png[/BIMG]

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
Oh! I just realized TV will probably slowly disappear over the few decades. It will all slowly go to computers probably.

smithcommajohn

Local time
-->
Lol! n1 A22!

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:03 PM
-->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbrain#Cyberbrains

Same as the above except without the computer and headphones.
Just a guy. Sitting in a chair.

Y'know those cryotube/stasis-pod things in science fiction?
Eventually that's where our bodies will be, all the time.

If that sounds bad, congratulations, now you know how your parents feel about you being on the computer all the time.

Circles.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
A22, the thing that I see in all those pictures, is that 15 years ago, for different activities, people did different things, and so there was variety. Today, we are all doing exactly the same thing, all the time. No variety.

Variety is the spice of life. Homogeneity is boring, and we are heading for it.

No wonder people are making blogs and threads about anything and everything. Everyone needs to, to escape the monotony of the present.

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->

Like Snow Crash? because my impression was that the glasses weren't just a screen, it was a laser that actually shot at your retina, but perhaps we're talking about two different things.

THIS^ Ideally

but for 2016 I would settle for Stark's 3D interactive computer (the one where he builds the arm/hand piece and then fits his hand inside it and moves the whole thing around).

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Like Snow Crash? because my impression was that the glasses weren't just a screen, it was a laser that actually shot at your retina, but perhaps we're talking about two different things.

THIS^ Ideally

but for 2016 I would settle for Stark's 3D interactive computer (the one where he builds the arm/hand piece and then fits his hand inside it and moves the whole thing around).

IDK about Snow Crash but I expect to see something like this working as a computer:

010110080430-oculos-diagnostico.jpg

It is used for diagnosis of eye-related diseases

Here in Brazil the police is testing israeli glasses with a camera that recognizes faces and searches for them in the criminal database. If someone in the crowd is a criminal, a red light flashes in the officer's glass. IDK how he or she will know wich one is the criminal but it's a cool system.

i023524_272.jpg

Top Bottom