• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Cognitive tasks and regional efficiency

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:17 AM
-->
In 2009 I scored in the 99 percentile on the Stroop Effect test. Wikipedia says two brain regions correlate with this test. But I do not know the full ramifications of having this score.

I would like to know what this indicates and learn more about how people think differently.

(Theory of multiple intelligences)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVxAxzhvDA

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
Somewhat of an aside, but Dario Nardi implied that Te was the most efficient and Ne was the least efficient in terms of glucose metabolism.

Hence, the hypomania of Ne-doms. :p

I'm just now recalling that Hans Eysenck found an inverse relationship between intelligence and inefficient glucose metabolism.

Do these findings, taken together, mean that high Te types are smarter than high Ne types?

Just kidding. :facepalm:

Teohrn

Local time
Today 10:17 AM
-->
The Stroop Effect test tests decision-making and ability to discern incongruencies. Those are the prerequisites for a good test score, at least. The function of the frontal lobe is foremostly to make decisions, f.e. discernment of right and wrong. My guess is that the ramifications of your result is that you have an ability to make decisions that is far above average.

As for Theory of Multiple Intelligences, it doesn't refute the idea of IQ, rather it furthers it. No matter the diversity and multitude of intelligences, it all seems to correlate strongly with, and thus spring from, the g factor.

The video makes straw-man arguments against the IQ concept. Their own misconception is the basis of their misdirected stab IQ. The digits aren't monolithic, set-in-stone values that say your intelligence is this much. To say that a person with an IQ of 101 is smarter than a person with an IQ of 100 is not understanding the concept. That's the idea that they attack, not IQ.

It's all fine and dandy that they took the time to refute the misconception though. Hopefully, many will stop getting the wrong idea. Hopefully, they too. :D

Top Bottom