• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

coffee

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 9:01 AM
-->
Never had either of those.

Any nice cappuccino is good.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 8:01 AM
-->
Anywhere that isn't starbucks. I don't like the prices or the attitude of the place.
I've never been to a tim horntons

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
coffee fellows.

they have bagels. which, depending on your mood, are either fucking amazing or kind of mediocre. but the coffee is pretty good at least.

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
Today 1:01 AM
-->
Are we only considering big chain coffee? We only have Starbucks and Seattle's Best, of whom I like neither. I prefer a small place called Vivace who also sells Crepes. Or we used to have Coffee People, but Starbucks bought them out:(

Jah

Mu.
Local time
-->
What ?

Can I vote Not Starbucks. (They produce a brand, not coffee)

As for the others, I dunno.
Get me a quality coffee
http://www.cupofexcellence.org/
And get me a barista who actually cares about making good coffee, not some teenager who serves the equivalent of fast-food.

Oh, and Especially; Don't fuck it up with soy-milk, regardless of who you are. If you don't do milk, drink it black, that way you get to taste the flavors.

I personally never use milk; If the coffee isn't good on it's own, then I don't drink it.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
-->
I drink a cup of coffee an hour at work.
I like mine black with no grounds.
From where it's from doesn't matter
as long as it's not weak.

opheliaesque

Local time
-->
Gloria Jeans. And one in the Broadway in the City, but I forgot the name...

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
Starbucks coffee tastes terrible. Except that it was the first big coffee chain, I have no idea why it ever got so popular.

T. Ho's is far better. Dunkin Donuts, better yet. Hell, I'm a huge fan of gas station cappuccino, even. Coffee + sweet - burnt = yummers.

Cosmic

Local time
Today 3:01 AM
-->
Tim Hortons because it's open 24/7 and Canada rocks (sucks that a corporate chain is a part of the Canadian identity, but whatever). :elephant:

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 6:01 PM
-->
I like my coffee but I have never found a cafe where I could just sit and drink the stuff while punching away at my laptop. I rather hide at home.

Local time
Today 3:01 AM
-->
Tea...
I hate coffe, but If I have to Caribu coffe (chain in the midwest)

Meer

Jermbl
Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
This weekend I bought caffeine pills. Yaaaay! I'm afraid that I'll start abusing them when I need to motivate myself.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
Starbucks coffee tastes terrible. Except that it was the first big coffee chain, I have no idea why it ever got so popular.

Geographical convenience has more to do with the success of coffee shops than anything else.

Starbucks is popular because it has lots of shops where there are lots of people.

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
Today 7:01 PM
-->
Caffeine puts me to sleep, so neither.

digital angel

Local time
-->
Are we only considering big chain coffee? We only have Starbucks and Seattle's Best, of whom I like neither. I prefer a small place called Vivace who also sells Crepes. Or we used to have Coffee People, but Starbucks bought them out:(

Vivace sounds good.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:01 PM
-->
DUNKIN DONUTS

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
OH AND GAS STATION COFFEE.. my favorite for road trips.

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I always (or, rather, in more than 999 cases of every 1000) brew my own at home. I make a blend of 2/3 decaf and 1/3 regular, and I always use dark roasts (I prefer French or Italian). I figure I pay in two weeks what most people pay in a single cup. I can't really understand how the math works for other people. I suppose I just have a lot less disposable cash.

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
-->
Vivace sounds good.
It IS good, The portland CFI group my friend was a part of had their meetings there. It's not a chain at all, as far as I know there exists only one. The baristas are really nice and decorate the coffee with the creamer/milk/whatever and do the designs.:D I only tried the crepes twice, but they do all kinds, dessert, breakfast, dinner, and lunch.

areilla10

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Depends on my mood. Believe it or not, Wendy's coffee. I know, who would guess it, right? But they make a mean cup of joe there. Denny's is good, too. But they don't serve TimBits at Wendy's and Denny's so Tim Horton's is my usual. I have to be in a weird mood to enjoy Starbucks' mud-in-a-cup.

Anyone here tried Japanese matcha tea? Like the double-espresso of the green tea spectrum.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Home roasted. I order green coffee (my favorites come from Huehuetenango in Guatemala) and do a medium roast (Full City or FC+), then grind and brew it as espresso. It is surprisingly easy to do - I have a little roaster that makes 2-3 days worth of roasted coffee. It is like using a popcorn air-popper and takes about 15 minutes per batch.

However, when I'm traveling and don't have all my infrastructure, I just go to Starbucks and gripe about it.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
i wants coffee now :mad:

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
This thread made me crave for some gas station coffee... I love the atmosphere of road trips. Especially at night. Or through farmlands, but I'd prefer deserts. Sadly there are no deserts in Europe. Nevada/california sounds awesome for road trips.

/slightly offtopic

areilla10

Redshirt
Local time
-->
This thread made me crave for some gas station coffee... I love the atmosphere of road trips. Especially at night. Or through farmlands, but I'd prefer deserts. Sadly there are no deserts in Europe. Nevada/california sounds awesome for road trips.

/slightly offtopic

Oh man you said it. There is something so perfect about truck stop coffee mingled with the smell of diesel exhaust at 3 AM. My Dad used to take me with him sometimes when drove transport trucks. I never got to drink the coffee, but I remember the smell.

dala

Local time
-->
I brew at home, a brand called Doi Chaang. Great stuff. Both Timmy's and Starbucks taste awful to me.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I'm not super picky but I refuse to get anything from Starbucks. If you order a macchiato they hand you a giant glass of sugar, milk, and carmel. And god help you if you want to find the coffee in there.

A macchiato is just espresso with a little bit of milk foam. Nothing more, nothing less.

ANYWAY, of the big chains Peet's is pretty good. I like Stumptown coffee. They are a regional chain in Portland Or.

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
-->
I like Stumptown coffee. They are a regional chain in Portland Or.
Stumptown is great. I don't pretend to be a fancy coffee drinker who knows a lot about it, but I do really like their coffee a lot. I think almost every coffee place in Portland that isn't a big chain with their own brand of coffee sells/uses it.

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
-->
Home roasted. I order green coffee (my favorites come from Huehuetenango in Guatemala) and do a medium roast (Full City or FC+), then grind and brew it as espresso. It is surprisingly easy to do - I have a little roaster that makes 2-3 days worth of roasted coffee. It is like using a popcorn air-popper and takes about 15 minutes per batch.QUOTE]

This, except with Kenyan coffee. Now I'm drooling, thanks Trebuchet.:D

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

/slightly offtopic

I agree completely, something about road trips that makes it so much more fun than traveling by air. I never thought they were boring!!

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
I agree completely, something about road trips that makes it so much more fun than traveling by air. I never thought they were boring!!

Yes! Road trips have this wonderful, wonderful atmosphere. It's so hard to describe, I usually feel like the trip itself is more fun than the destination, ha.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
iluvstress -> stressgetsshitdone -> leadstoconsumptionofcoffee -> lastminuteamazingness4lyfe

when i dont have time for coffee i have caffeine pills always at my aid

i use both rarely and moreso for rlly big things like exams

crunch time = my time

read a book twice in one day + do a paper on same subject in same day = get teach to tell you "omgz you must have workd so hard on dis"

wish i could stay in academia4evr

due tmrw = do tmrw

Top Bottom