• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Circle-jerking and professor's 'interactive sessions'

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 8:24 AM
-->
The interactive sessions at my political science major's college classes are just BAD.

The professors start something known as 'interacting' and the whole classroom becomes reddit.com. The professor is akin to a famous OP who makes a very politically correct post and the classroom becomes those typical reddit retard posters who just copy the thing above them and cover them in grandiloquence and repost the same shit over and over again and make gargantuan efforts to portray themselves as connoisseurs of that discussion. I have consistently observed that people whose speech articulation sounds like sinewaves end up bullshitting the most. There are more interjections, less verbs used and the diversity of their vocabulary is a joke. But they manage get their voice-like-sine-wave to stretch a futile sentence for quite long. Also notice that their voices become consciously high-pitched and it is clearly visible that they are more concerned about 'sounding awesome' than 'speaking awesome'.

Today, I got mob-lynched (online) for criticising a very famous politician by providing ample evidence of his tomfoolery and bullshit administration. As usual, a few ass-lickers tried to oppose me and their 'politically correct' crap began. Then the ad-hominem begun but before the arguments descended to name-calling, the professor intervened and ended the session. Expectedly, there was not one person who defied any argument of mine.

After that lecture, the ending of the next lecture consisted of our professor running her hackneyed tirades about 'how colonial powers robbed our country'. How is it possible for someone to deliver the same thing in the same manner to the same people for 3 years in a row and receive the same kind of reactions? Is this a joke? Am I living in a simulation? How is it possible for someone to keep reacting in a manner that makes you doubt whether they are sentient or one of pavlov's many dogs?

The education system will soon turn into a joke if it allows circle-jerking instead of productive brainstorming and idea-pooling in these 'interactive sessions'. I sincerely believe that education institutions are not supposed to orient students towards a particular system of belief or thought. It is against the purpose of education itself as if the professor himself pushes students into dogmatically believing one thing, their thinking ability will reduce notwithstanding any amount of education they receives.

Is it surprising that our attention spans have reduced? No.
Is is surprising that we react too quickly? No.

Can you see how easy it is to foster totalitarian regimes if we all follow bigotry? It not only pervades the society but also the educational institutions. It is sad.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
welcome to the world.
creatures of habit do it inhabit, and the dominant species they be.
corporations function the same. governments as well.
basically: keep things easy, keep things uniform, if everyone believes the same and act the same, then its easier to guide a country without dissent, to run a company, to keep order, to make the world vanilla and predictable and 'utopian.' that's the twisted rationale behind it, and they see it as hallowed gospel of 'doing the right thing.'

basically, it is the new religion, just without all the supernatural elements. boring as all fuck, bureaucratic, stale, unimaginative. best of luck.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
Yeah, my experience of a humanities degree, in my country, is that a lot of what we studied and the perspectives we looked at it from was pretty politically motivated. There was a uniform ideology being conveyed across lectures, which is then what you study and regurgitate. It was like a form of indoctrination, to be honest. I found that after I de-plugged, i.e. left university, and that environment wasn't informing my perspective anymore that my viewpoints changed a lot.

Actually, now that I think about it "post-modernism" is an excellent brainwashing or gaslighting method. They basically teach you that there's no such thing as objective knowledge, everything is interpretation, and through that cause you to question your own sense of reality. Once your previously held views and perceptions have been "deconstructed" they can proceed to bombard you with the institute's ideology to shape and mould your new perceptions.

The humanities is basically obsessed with identity politics. I'm not saying that what identity politics covers is all good or all bad, but that is the great part of what the degree programmes I observed consisted of.

You come across like a pretty independent person with strong interests. So I'd just say find a way to plug your interests into your studies and choose essays and modules you'd be interested in studying and writing about from your own perspective.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
The interactive sessions at my political science major's college classes are just BAD.

The professors start something known as 'interacting' and the whole classroom becomes reddit.com. The professor is akin to a famous OP who makes a very politically correct post and the classroom becomes those typical reddit retard posters who just copy the thing above them and cover them in grandiloquence and repost the same shit over and over again and make gargantuan efforts to portray themselves as connoisseurs of that discussion. I have consistently observed that people whose speech articulation sounds like sinewaves end up bullshitting the most. There are more interjections, less verbs used and the diversity of their vocabulary is a joke. But they manage get their voice-like-sine-wave to stretch a futile sentence for quite long. Also notice that their voices become consciously high-pitched and it is clearly visible that they are more concerned about 'sounding awesome' than 'speaking awesome
I'd be surprised if there was some point in history that was not driven by personal interests. I think people has just always been this way, in more or less complicated ways.

Emotional appeal usually works better than facts

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Actually, now that I think about it "post-modernism" is an excellent brainwashing or gaslighting method
It is more complex than thought to be. Understanding post-modernism properly requires the student to be acquianted with the classical persp too: grand narrative and suchlike. Therefore, this new advent of structuralism requires a good deal of openmindedness.

Unfortunately, incorrectly taken post-modernist views are nothing better than localized complaints and extreme regionalism, dogmatism, conversativeness, etc.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
basically: keep things easy, keep things uniform, if everyone believes the same and act the same, then its easier to guide a country without dissent, to run a company, to keep order, to make the world vanilla and predictable and 'utopian.' that's the twisted rationale behind it, and they see it as hallowed gospel of 'doing the right thing.'
That is a recipe for getting extinct. These same fools do not change and end up being backward. Apparently, countries with low conscientiousness have higher incomes maybe because consc correlates with openness which basically makes people open to change.

If this continues then my country is going to be really incompetent at dealing with political changes or international politics.

Compare China with India and you'll the essence of free will descending into dogmatism.

Top Bottom