• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Can anyone reccomend some EDM albums

Vicissitude

Local time
Today 4:47 AM
-->
With prime day going on tomorrow, i will likely be throwing money at them and figured id get some EDM albums.

My edm experience is very piecemeal, i use soundcloud/youtube a lot which means i usually listen to singles, if i like a DJ enough ill go get his album or check it out on soundcloud. Today i discovered the kaskade -atmosphere album and decided i need to own more EDM albums.

Some EDM albums i own, that i enjoy, to get an idea of my taste:

ODEZSA
Seven Lions
Kaskade
Knife Party
Nero
Bassnectar
Hippie Sabotage

Im really into indie, trance, and dubstep.

Sixup

Local time
Today 11:47 AM
-->
Artist - Album(s)
Orbital - Blue and Brown album
Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom
Astral Projection ... just about any of them
Hybrid - Wide Angle
DNTEL - Life is Full of Possibilities
The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll
Daft Punk.

That's my off the top of the head list. Orbital is probably my favorite--the entire blue album is pure beauty. Then it's close between Astral Projection and Infected...depends on the mood.

Oooh just remembered this one:

The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld. Pretty amazing one too.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
DJ Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise 1,2, and 3

Affinity

Local time
Today 5:47 AM
-->
Above & Beyond - Tri-State (2006)
Above & Beyond - Tri-State... 2008 Remix Edition (2008)
Above & Beyond - Group Therapy (2011)
Armin van Buuren - Imagine (2008)
Mat Zo - Damage Control (2013)

Vicissitude

Local time
-->
Artist - Album(s)
Orbital - Blue and Brown album
Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom
Astral Projection ... just about any of them
Hybrid - Wide Angle
DNTEL - Life is Full of Possibilities
The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll
Daft Punk.

That's my off the top of the head list. Orbital is probably my favorite--the entire blue album is pure beauty. Then it's close between Astral Projection and Infected...depends on the mood.

Oooh just remembered this one:

The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld. Pretty amazing one too.
i love infected mushroom, i have all their albums.

Keith

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:47 AM
-->
I cringe at the mention of the term "EDM". At least you didn't say "EDM music". I would go with the aforementioned Above & Beyond albums.
I decided to quit lurking and create a profile for the sole purpose of recommending Andrew Bayer's Album, "If It Were You, We'd Never Leave". Easily my favorite artist album, an incredible piece of music. I can't sing enough praises for it.
New Lane 8 album "Rise" just came out today. based on his current body of work, I feel confident recommending that album without having listened to it.

Vicissitude

Local time
-->
I cringe at the mention of the term "EDM". At least you didn't say "EDM music". I would go with the aforementioned Above & Beyond albums.
I decided to quit lurking and create a profile for the sole purpose of recommending Andrew Bayer's Album, "If It Were You, We'd Never Leave". Easily my favorite artist album, an incredible piece of music. I can't sing enough praises for it.
New Lane 8 album "Rise" just came out today. based on his current body of work, I feel confident recommending that album without having listened to it.

Not sure why you would cringe over it, thats simply what its called these days. I was around when house was called house, trance, etc. But the electronic music scene is growing so much that you need to lump all the genres up, for the same reason melodeath, death, power, black, viking, nu are all lumped into the metal category.

Sixup

Local time
-->
Yeah I was wondering what else you would call it?

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
-->
OVERWERK - Daybreak
awesome song

Keith

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Not sure why you would cringe over it, thats simply what its called these days. I was around when house was called house, trance, etc. But the electronic music scene is growing so much that you need to lump all the genres up, for the same reason melodeath, death, power, black, viking, nu are all lumped into the metal category.

I hear you. I pretty much stick to the trance and progressive labels like Anjunabeats, Enhanced, Silk, etc. The reason I don't like using one general term is because the different subgenres are so different. Dubstep, D&B, Trance, nudisco, Deep House, Electro House, etc. are all very different and appeal to different tastes. I guess that's why I get so tweaked about it.

Keith

Redshirt
Local time
-->
also... I don't dance. So I usually exclude the "D" and just call it Electronic Music. That term I'm more accepting towards.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 6:47 AM
-->
try skrux: if you, javan dee final escape,CMA lost in our thoughts,mt eden siera leon freshly ground orchestrea remix,alexisonfire to a friend,rusko soldier on,salm endless stairs,EMBRZ silent, oskar schuster wunder, since u like odesza seven lions and ect we seem to have similar taste. try mrsuicidesheep or mixhound for more. first person to ever know who odesza is <3

lassitude

Local time
-->
A few more that haven't been mentioned yet (excellent suggestions above, too:)

-any album by Pendulum (Immersion and In Silico are more rock/dubstep-ish while Hold Your Colour is more DnB/ragga-ish)
-All of HYC and IS are on YouTube- search the album titles and they'll be the first results.
-Pendulum is Knife Party before they were Knife Party, so if you like them you'l like this too.

-dubnobasswithmyheadman by Underworld (if you liked that album by Orbital someone else mentioned, but wished it was slightly more sexual and more housey/ambient)
-Not on either YouTube or Soundcloud entirely, but still highly worth looking for.

-Barking by Underworld (more strictly poppy/mainstream, but still good)
-The whole album, plus a recording of them playing it live in Ibiza, is on YouTube.

-Blue Leaves EP by Etherwood (liquid dnb crossed with decent vocals.)
-The whole thing is on YouTube.

-Timeline by Artificial Intelligence (strange but still very good.)
-The whole album is on SoundCloud.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
I'm liking Knife Party's Trigger Warning EP.
giphy.gif

Does anyone know of a good site to stay updated on new releases?

Demonic Flamigo

I bet you read that wrong...Flamigo Amigo!!!
Local time
-->
Bangarang EP - skrillex

baccheion

Local time
-->
Kygo remixes and Ivan Torrent's Reverie (though this is more like epic music).

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 6:47 AM
-->
Top Bottom