• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Bronto's continued bananadrama

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 2:54 AM
-->
I'm not immune from the level of transparency that I advocate, which results in various assumptions about me from those who don't ask about the things they assume.

you fucking banned me for asking those questions.

i'll happily assume that you concede the message of my first response to you ITT, since you apparently didn't have anything to say about it.

Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
Re: The Great Betrayal

you fucking banned me for asking questions about my assumptions.

i'll happily assume that you concede the message of my first response to you ITT, since you apparently didn't have anything to say about it.
Assume what you will. I can't make you ask. :D

(PM preferable, as is a ? at the end)

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

Assume what you will. I can't make you ask. :D

(PM preferable, as is a ? at the end)

shove that smugface up your butt, stop making conceited demands and be humble for once.

you made a fool of yourself. you're neither the dictator nor the oracle in this scenario.

Local time
-->

Hmm. That doesn't seem comparable. Some people did stick up for Blob; others had thought he should have been banned for awhile; there was much chatter about Blob before that banning occurred, where the Bronto thing was like "WTF."

But thou hast defanged thyself and so the conversation must needs have little purpose. Sniff. :(

Does anyone know when Hannibal Season #2 starts?
My point being that the crowd didn't have full information access back then, but did this time (due to my own admissions along the way. I was basically publicly disagreeing with the ban as I was carrying it out).

I didn't watch season 1. How good is it? :D
hmm...
YRrBa6z.jpg
There's still plenty of life in that... Maggots, carrion beetles, fungi...
shove that smugface up your butt, stop making conceited demands and be humble for once.

you made a fool of yourself. you're neither the dictator nor the oracle in this scenario.
I've never claimed to be.

Though I now claim to be edgier than thou. :D Just for you. :p

*So edgy that he slices through targets and they remain standing*

Now that's a sharp blade. ;)

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

THD: yeah in the manner of a schoolyard bully claiming the victory because he "cared" the least. very impressive, bravo.

You were part of an experiment. Whatever caused the ban was irrelevant.

you were with him on this? you think his comparison between me and the blob holds? you thought there was any chance for the ban to pass by unnoticed?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:54 PM
-->

THD: yeah in the manner of a schoolyard bully claiming the victory because he "cared" the least. very impressive, bravo.

you were with him on this? you think his comparison between me and the blob holds? you were expecting the ban to pass by unnoticed?

Gods, no....I had no idea. I was making the above comment as a factual/clarifying statement. I saw the ban yesterday and was equally baffled.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

well i hope you remember what i said when it finally dawns on you what a meanie this guy is, childhood trauma or not.

does he really add up in your head? think hard.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:54 AM
-->

you were with him on this?

You were part of an experiment - there was no real, 'cause' for the ban. The ban was also overturned after discussion with the mods.

It really doesn't matter whether every individual mod agreed or disagreed.

well i hope you remember what i said when it finally dawns on you what a meanie this guy is, childhood trauma or not.

Would probably do you well to give people a little bit of credit for their intelligence here.

THD is pretty open about whatever issues he has, and I'm pretty sure that majority of regular forum members have noted certain good and bad things about the way THD interacts with the forum community - like everyone else.

I can sympathize with being made a scapegoat, but really - you were banned for one hour, the ban has been overturned, THD is no longer an admin, and nearly every other mod has expressed that they disagreed with the decision and some even apologized to you.

I even made a thread as a member contesting the ban, and other members pitched in as well.

Time to build a Bronto-bridge.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 5:54 PM
-->

We were kind of aghast that habitat banned you Bronto. Thus we unbanned you and let things go because at the time we had bigger fish to fry.

Don't imagine that we weren't all a bit pissed about his ultimate reasoning behind banning you. He removed his own admin rights before we could hash it out fully. I personally could not trust him anymore as an admin. I can't elaborate on his reasons for leaving the team but I'm glad he has chosen to walk away from assisting in admining the forum.

Edit: Also, calm down. It was a dick move on his part. We all agree. Habitat's admin rights have been revoked. Stop attacking Polaris. She has already said she was not a willing party to what happened to you.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

To tell you the truth Bronto we did think you probably had a temporary stay in Siberia comming. You yourself admitted to having transgressed a little. We were kind of aghast that habitat banned you. Thus we unbanned you and let things go because at the time we had bigger fish to fry.

he appeared to enter some crisis because of what i said - of course my conscience kicked in. of course i regretted having triggered something like that.

i said i'd been tactless. that's not against the rules. temporary stay in siberia for wot m8?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I think you are making too many assumptions based on a neutral and purely informative statement.

Local time
-->

"You're a big meanie!"

Cutting criticism. I feel so shattered. :storks:

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

I think you are making too many assumptions based on a neutral and purely informative statement.

i'm assuming you believe his cover-up, seeing as you actively propagate it.

either that or you somehow overlook the fact that his "experiment" wasn't even deserving of that title.

"You're a big meanie!"

Cutting criticism. I feel so shattered. :storks:

you ignored the real criticism.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->

ban him! :D

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 6:54 PM
-->

Can this please be taken to its own thread / private messages?

Local time
-->

you ignored the real criticism.
does he really add up in your head?
Watch out, folks! He knows me better than I do.
either that or you somehow overlook the fact that his "experiment" wasn't even deserving of that title.
Agreed. I didn't have a control group or enough replicates. I say we run a do-over.

*EDIT
Can this please be taken to its own thread / private messages?
Will do. Just saw this.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

Would probably do you well to give people a little bit of credit for their intelligence here.

THD is pretty open about whatever issues he has, and I'm pretty sure that majority of regular forum members have noted certain good and bad things about the way THD interacts with the forum community - like everyone else.

I can sympathize with being made a scapegoat, but really - you were banned for one hour, the ban has been overturned, THD is no longer an admin, and nearly every other mod has expressed that they disagreed with the decision and some even apologized to you.

I even made a thread as a member contesting the ban, and other members pitched in as well.

this isn't about a one-hour hiatus. it's about a FAKED BREAKDOWN, or at best a moderator rationalizing power abuse as some kind of smart shit that doesn't even make sense.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

i'm assuming you believe his cover-up, seeing as you actively propagate it.

This is all a great misunderstanding. My intent with the first comment was to clarify that Doc banned you for no other reason than for the benefit of his own experiment, or attempt at making a point about forum transparency. You were a pawn in this game, and I certainly do not condone his actions; particularly as other members, including yourself were unwittingly drawn into the whole drama of it.

It was an unneccessary move, considering everything else we had to deal with, and I am sorry you had to be subject to this crap.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

this isn't about a one-hour hiatus. it's about a FAKED BREAKDOWN

As far as I can tell this was purported by users more than THD himself. He didn't really suggest a breakdown or anything, a few users interpreted it that way and it got out of hand.

Even if he did actively state that he was having a breakdown because of this incident (which he didn't, it's just how people interpreted it) I don't see what that would change.

I'm the one who made a thread about his actions and questioned his motives and reasoning for the ban. I called him out for his disregard of forum rules, and that I was unimpressed by these actions from a moderator. If anyone was going to be worried about having caused a breakdown it would be me.

I didn't though, because having a schizo-affective disorder doesn't make THD some great big wuss who breaks down over a minor forum clash, and I'm sure he's been through a lot more difficult things in his life than this incident. He's completed science degree, which I'm sure was much more arduous than this incident.

Call me cold and uncaring if you like. Though I'd rather think of it as my own respect for THD's mental fortitude that I thought he was fine.

or at best a moderator rationalizing power abuse as some kind of smart shit that doesn't even make sense.

It makes perfect sense if you look at it from the perspective of THD's ideologies on communal equilibrium that he's expressed often on the forum.

Local time
-->

everyone does.

~

the stuff you quote is not the real criticism.
I'm not a snipe hunter.
this isn't about a one-hour hiatus. it's about a FAKED BREAKDOWN, or at best a moderator rationalizing power abuse as some kind of smart shit that doesn't even make sense.
Well, yeah, I think I've admitted as much about the abuse of power.

Though the "breakdown" was neither a breakdown nor a fake breakdown. That accusation still confuses the hell out of me.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->

^ I don't think it was intentional either THD, it's more the charged context at that moment with other drama going on, and your sudden shift in behaviour + difficulty to contact all fed the projection of concern. (I don't think that means you're not responsible for creating that situation, it's just a result of it that others were a part of feeding.)

^

Others were effected and appropriate action has followed in THD stepping down. We can't force him to apologise. It's probably best to forget about it.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

I'm not a snipe hunter.

meaning what?

Well, yeah, I think I've admitted as such about the abuse of power.

no, you're rationalizing it as an act for the greater good.

Though the "breakdown" was neither a breakdown nor a fake breakdown. That accusation still confuses the hell out of me.

quoting the introvert:

"THD has mirrored his absence here at home as well. We can't find him."

"I have spoken to THD since his departure here, because I was concerned. He assured me he would be fine. Then he left. I don't know where he is or what he is doing."

this suggests a rather disproportionate reaction.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 5:54 PM
-->
he appeared to enter some crisis because of what i said - of course my conscience kicked in. of course i regretted having triggered something like that.

i said i'd been tactless. that's not against the rules. temporary stay in siberia for wot m8?

I reiterate: It was a dick move on his part. We all agree. Habitat's admin rights have been revoked.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
I reiterate: It was a dick move on his part. We all agree. Habitat's admin rights have been revoked.

:elephant:

i didn't notice your edit previously.

no offence intended toward polaris. just confused about her stance.

Local time
-->
meaning what?

quoting the introvert:

"THD has mirrored his absence here at home as well. We can't find him."

"I have spoken to THD since his departure here, because I was concerned. He assured me he would be fine. Then he left. I don't know where he is or what he is doing."

this suggests a rather disproportionate reaction.
Snipes are fictional creatures with a very distinctive call that are hunted in the depths of your local swamp in the middle of the night by old men wearing very thick glasses, accompanied by young novices who've never been hunting before. There's often a large cash reward offered for their live capture. (There's also a legit species of bird known as a snipe, but that's different).

I said it in the the other thread, but in case you missed it, my absence was due to a lot of typing. The original version was 51 pages long, complete with song reviews/explanations, customized PMs, and a small web of quotes of past statements and actions.
Even I agree. I'm a huge dick.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
:elephant:

i didn't notice your edit previously.

no offence intended toward polaris. just confused about her stance.

Sorry if it came across as uncaring. People often misunderstand me as I tend to withhold value-judgements; particularly if the overarching goal is to get a point across.

I did not take offence and I understand your :storks: in all this.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->
While everyone agrees he did something yurusenai, the main differing axiom between parties involved (aside from THD) in the current discussion is that one side believes THD when he claims he planned it as an experiment all along, while the other side regards it as a poorly designed ego-saving lie.

I do not see there being definite evidence either way, but from each sides respective experiences, I can see why they would assume one way or the other.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
You should have picked me doc. But I saw through it several weeks ago. And stopped posting. :D

Sorry Brontosauro. It's probably my fault :kodama1:

But I actually don't feel sorry for you. Calling a profound post from an admin for drivel, carries a risk imho. Though banworthy, of course not. Still as we see, mods do have minds of their own.. I've made a note of that.

The way I see it. You smacked Doc, Doc smacked you. Case closed.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
You should have picked me doc. But I saw through it several weeks ago. And stopped posting. :D

Sorry Brontosauro. It's probably my fault :kodama1:

But I actually don't feel sorry for you. Calling a profound post from an admin for drivel, carries a risk imho. Though banworthy, of course not. Still as we see, mods do have minds of their own.. I've made a note of that.

The way I see it. You smacked Doc, Doc smacked you. Case closed.

hahahahhahaha : D

funniest & cutest thing so far :O

Local time
-->
While everyone agrees he did something yurusenai, the main differing axiom between parties involved (aside from THD) in the current discussion is that one side believes THD when he claims he planned it as an experiment all along, while the other side regards it as a poorly designed ego-saving lie.

I do not see there being definite evidence either way, but from each sides respective experiences, I can see why they would assume one way or the other.
I can actually show timestamps from the Blob thread I saved from the modbox (part of that 51 pages included that entire thread), but I don't think such an action would be... uh... supported by the mods.

Twas 9:02 pm, if that matters.
You aren't a prominent enough poster to be used for such things. ;)

And as far as seeing through it weeks ago... It didn't even happen until a few days ago. Unless you're hinting at me being a dick, which I always have been and don't deny.

You've got me scratching my head and making one of these faces right now:
modeselektor.jpg
:D :confused:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Latte said:

I'm really just referring to the fact that he didn't actually stage/fake a breakdown.

I don't even see how it's relevant whether or not it's an experiment or something he's said to save face. Proving it one way or another doesn't shed light on anything meaningful.

ummidk

Local time
Yesterday 7:54 PM
-->
I didn't read all this drama but I'm not sure why anyone actually believed when THD said it was experiment, it sounded like a load of BS to me....theres my 2 cents.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 8:54 PM
-->
Wow.

I'm inclined to think the forum got really bored since Chad left. :angel:

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->
It would shed light on THD's character, which is pretty meaningful considering how active he is on the forum.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
You aren't a prominent enough poster to be used for such things. ;)
Dammit :beatyou:
And as far as seeing through it weeks ago... It didn't even happen until a few days ago. Unless you're hinting at me being a dick, which I always have been and don't deny.

You've got me scratching my head and making one of these faces right now:
modeselektor.jpg
:D :confused:
It's my experiment :p

Btw. You have handed in your admin privs to early! You are supposed to check something up for me, did you forget about that? :evil:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Latte said:
It would shed light on THD's character, which is pretty meaningful considering how active he is on the forum.

I'd say that's exactly what makes it meaningless - judging someone's character on the basis of one incident, when we have 3,000+ posts over nearly two years of contribution.

And really, even if it turns out the motivation was protecting his ego, I really can't fault him for something like that. It's not as if the majority of members on this forum are bastions of intellectual and emotional neutrality (as hard as they try to be :rolleyes:).

Beyond further validating certain people's preconceptions of THD's character, there's no merit to this.

Local time
-->
Dammit :beatyou:

It's my experiment :p

Btw. You have handed in your admin privs to early! You are supposed to check something up for me, did you forget about that? :evil:
:ahh: Ah, indeed!

I'll respond to the PM and forward to madmin if I can't figure it out.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->
I'd say that's exactly what makes it meaningless - judging someone's character on the basis of one incident, when we have 3,000+ posts over nearly two years of contribution.

And really, even if it turns out the motivation was protecting his ego, I really can't fault him for something like that. It's not as if the majority of members on this forum are bastions of intellectual and emotional neutrality (as hard as they try to be :rolleyes:).

Beyond further validating certain people's preconceptions of THD's character, there's no merit to this.

Then your valuing of what can be derived from the information and/or what you think can be derived from the information differs significantly from more than 1 other person.

It is meaningful to some. If it is meaningless to you, so be it, you need not take part in talking about it and can ignore it all you want.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
:ahh: Ah, indeed!

I'll respond to the PM and forward to madmin if I can't figure it out.
See, there is still work to be done. :D I told you you could to it whenever. So next year is fine too. Don't sent it onwards...just to be sure. Let's keep it a secret.

Wasn't hinting at anything. I do not see you as a "dick" if that is meant in a negative sense..uhh, this is getting awkward...

This is the moment one kiss, to stop talking.

Carry on.:o

Local time
-->
See, there is still work to be done. :D I told you you could to it whenever. So next year is fine too. Don't sent it onwards...just to be sure. Let's keep it a secret.

Wasn't hinting at anything. I do not see you as a "dick" if that is meant in a negative sense..uhh, this is getting awkward...

This is the moment one kiss, to stop talking.

Carry on.:o
:kilroy:
:o :D ;) :D :cat: :storks: :twisteddevil: :D :D :D :o

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
It is meaningful to some. If it is meaningless to you, so be it, you need not take part in talking about it and can ignore it all you want.

I question the line of reasoning people are taking, since all it does is serve to fuel preconceptions.

If people want to justify finding meaning in selectively choosing things to validate their own preconceptions about other people, they're free to do so. I'm free to point out that the grounds of their judgements is shaky.

Whether or not someone can ignore something is not a point at all. You could say it about any sufficiently complex social dynamic - you can technically ignore any sort of behaviour that doesn't directly affect you. That doesn't make the behaviour okay, or mean that people should necessarily ignore things they disagree with.

The way that people create and fuel their own preconceptions (with selective reading) is the cause of incidents like this blowing out of proportion in the first place.

Top Bottom