• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/incident-of-2018-08-13.27381/

Board Game Suggestions

Local time
Today, 04:16
Hey all. My INTJ guy and I have recently discovered a mutual love of complex board games. In the last few weeks we have played Carcassonne, Pandemic, Dead of Winter, LOTR Risk, and Twilight Imperium. So much fun!

I wanted to get some suggestions on other good strategy board games.

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
Today, 10:16
I've always loved settlers of catan, and stratego. The ultimate strategy game is Tobruk: It is tank/infantry warfare game with the highest level of detail. It takes a lot of time to learn how to play the game correctly and just a long amount of time to play in general (You better enjoy bookkeeping). But if you want a challenging strategy game that is the ultimate. Consult ebay as the game has been out of print for like 25 years. I am also a big fan of Arkham Horror. A Hybrid table top rpg/board game (C'thullu lore).

Blarraun

straightedgy
Local time
Today, 11:16
If you're competitive you'll probably enjoy Twilight Struggle or Eclipse. TS is the best strategy battle-of-minds duel board game I know of.

Eclipse is a great 4x strategy with decent complexity / alternative paths to victory. There was a 'recent' 2015 expansion which adds lots of fun concepts, on top of/parallel to that you can create your own mechanics to enrich the vanilla/RotA experience, it's practically got limitless replayability.

jphreud

Redshirt
Local time
Thanks for the suggestions. We like both cooperative games like Pandemic and competitive ones like Risk and Twilight Imperium. I JUST today found a copy of Fury of Dracula! Super excited since it is now out of print and becoming hard to find.

jphreud

Redshirt
Local time
One important aspect for us though is replayability. We like games that are different or have an element of RNG that makes each game unique and challenging.

Top Bottom