• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Best Hulk

Best Hulk?

• Eric Bana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edward Norton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 4:55 AM
-->
Eric Bana was one of the first and people said he was the best but he only did one, as did Edward Norton. Bruce Banner is supposed to be a scientist - except his original Mr. Fixit (grey Huk) incarnation worked as a nightclub bouncer and turned back regular when the sun rose. So in some of the adaptations they do more or less a better job. In Avengers, the most recent ones, he's played by Mark Ruffalo, who they said was INTP, who could be a scientist technically, according to certain descriptions, although not always. I'm not sure how his actual type plays into it but I'd say he could be one of the best, didn't like his work in Thor Ragnarok, though, or Infinity War. His gimmicks in the first two were better, and then he just got tired of it, probably, and started acting different.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:25 PM
-->
Yeah I noticed that too about rag and infinity war. Rag is the first time they gave Hulk any kind of autonomy, at the expense of Banner's. In IW, Hulk exercised this autonomy to be a no-show. I don't think it's that he's tired, I think that it's just a new character arc that culminates in them working together or maybe even merging (also Banner figuring out he's not useless without the Hulk).

TBH, I don't like Hulk much in any of these movies. He's too much of a measuring stick to show the power of other characters.
We need to show how strong Thor is -> Thor beats up the Hulk
We need to show how strong Thanos is -> Thanos beats up the Hulk
We need to show how good Tony's suits are getting -> Suit beats up the Hulk

And yeah, this is gonna happen, because he's more of a force of nature than a character unto himself, but it's sort of annoying. All Hulk has is his strength and he pays a hefty cost for it (going from super scientist to learning disabled). I really liked Hulk comics as a kid, and I thought they were doing him some justice in avengers 1, but since then he's been benched as a roleplayer for the most part.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, that’s just nonsense and clearly wrong - a quite bizarre interpretation of it. Hulk isn’t learning disabled, more so just blind with rage. There isn’t much missing from the movies, as film is mostly an audio-visual medium (mostly for sensors or Se people, Ni-Se folks like INFJ or INTJ, can have a lower threshold for too much, although they can also be film buffs or historians). Looking back at all the Avengers films, that’s just how it works. Anything shows anything, so it’s just basic plot development for a story. I know we all wanted to see more Hulk after Avengers but that’s the name of the game. People want what they can’t have, and I’m sure the screenwriters planned it that way - to convey the message they wanted to. I think if you really liked the comics as a kid, you’d see how Mark Ruffalo is clearly the best Hulk.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:55 AM
-->
Jason Flemyng in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

The Hulk/Banner duality would be really interesting if Banner was a brilliant scientist who invented a Hulk serum, he could then be Stark's peer/rival, Banner seeing the fame and wealth that being the Hulk denied him. Stark analyzes Banner's serum and having no idea how it works feels threatened by the fact that Banner may actually be smarter than him.

I also really like the Jekyll and Hyde dynamic, each being the other's shadow, Jekyll being a violent criminal but possessing a high degree of emotional intelligence (which makes him even more of a monster, it's not that he doesn't understand the pain he causes, he revels in it) wheres Hyde is a meek cowardly man but undeniably brilliant (I'm reading more into the movie than was actually there) which is why he created Hyde, both to free himself from his darker impulses and to be the man/monster he could not.

In the movies Banner is completely overshadowed by Stark and the Hulk lacks a personality of his own.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I think that’s called character development over a contract of several films, plus any backstory you may have. I didn’t know everything was supposed to be instant and already immediately there.

You aren’t putting pieces of the puzzle together at all. Iron Man = ENTP
Thor = ENTP
Hulk = INTP
Spider-Man = INTP
Dr. Strange = INTP

RDJ no doubtedly deserves any spotlight for being the main character. So I’m not sure your point. The entire movies are an explanation of the Ne/Ni dynamic.

That’s a pretty good idea for a new story. Except Banner never created a serum, it was an accident, like Dr. Manhattan. In fact that’s what Banner/Stark were doing in Avengers and Age of Ultron. He was just trying to learn how to control the Hulk (such as Professor Hulk, for example). It isn’t impossible, just not so practical.

And no, not Jekyll/Hyde. His portrayal is always overblown, as in the source material he’s just a hulking man, not really a bizarre monster, like in the opening of Van Helsing. They weren’t really that brilliant, just scientists.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Mark Ruffalo is the best Hulk I think, although I always liked Edward Norton’s run (his Banner), and they even had the best Thunderbolt Ross. Ruffalo’s Banner was kind of weird, although is his Hulk was good in a “Lou Ferrigno” kind of way, maybe if they get a new Banner they can use Ruffalo as the Hulk still.

He might be more ENTJ. Dr. Stange is INTJ instead, there's a part in Infinity War when Wong said he has 200 rupees then Strange asks how much that is - meaning he didn't know. Wong tells him, so he must have forgotten that small piece of detail.

Top Bottom