• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Best girl type for male INTP

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 6:59 AM
-->
omg, it's wish O----:

Anyways I'm an enfp in a relationsip with an intp. I agree with the guy who said avoid enfp at all cost, in the end we only seek intps to help us fufill the dream of world domination
INTPs don't "do" world domination. Ozymandias types do.

Good thing too. Can you imagine if Dr Manhattan wanted to take over the world?

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
ENTJ and ESTJ best match for INTP

A24gtvh.jpg
Pretty.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:59 PM
-->
ENTJs don't like when you're cold. Maybe just the girls (females) in most situations.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Which type would be better for a male INTP: INFP or ENFJ? It's basically Fe or Fi and inversed, so you don't get Ni or Ne together, it's either or because one is a judger and the other an introverted judger, or a perceiver by the MBTI mode.

It's also similar to ENTP or INFJ as romantic interests. Or ENTP or INTJ. They're both lead intuitives but different, so it's Te or Ti. It's not mistaking one for the other, but each person's personality plays a part in predicting their interests.

baccheion

Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->
Which type would be better for a male INTP: INFP or ENFJ? It's basically Fe or Fi and inversed, so you don't get Ni or Ne together, it's either or because one is a judger and the other an introverted judger, or a perceiver by the MBTI mode.

It's also similar to ENTP or INFJ as romantic interests. Or ENTP or INTJ. They're both lead intuitives but different, so it's Te or Ti. It's not mistaking one for the other, but each person's personality plays a part in predicting their interests.
I've never liked ENFJs. If Socionics is accurate, then 60% of INTPs have Relations of Semi-Duality (better) with them, and 40%, Relations of Supervision (bad). I'd guess I'm the latter, as I find them extremely annoying and patronizing. They miraculously have a vision of who I am and could be. It's always insulting/debasing and they just can't stop until it's real.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

I've never liked ENFJs. If Socionics is accurate, then 60% of INTPs have Relations of Semi-Duality (better) with them, and 40%, Relations of Supervision (bad). I'd guess I'm the latter, as I find them extremely annoying and patronizing. They miraculously have a vision of who I am and could be. It's always insulting/debasing and they just can't stop until it's real.
Fi might be more associated with personal identity than Fe. There's no indication Fe or good use of it (i.e. aux, dom; etc) means or correlates with a good sense of identity. It's more so maintaining harmony in social situations and contexts, sometimes what's best for the group. So in say INFJ, or any type, it'd arguably be the dominant function that's responsible for a person's identity, so it would be Ni. In ENFJ, it'd be Fe supported by Ni. It's more so a question of waves and what wavelength you're on at the time. So personality type isn't the only thing that defines someone's personality or motivations. So INFP differs from ENFJ in that, plus for INTP, they have Ne/Si with them so they relate there. Using Ni/Se is only for something different and some excitement, but could be too different to relate - usually on different wavelengths at the times, although your mileage may vary. Because of that, they could get trapped or boring potentially, but that's the nature of it. There isn't enough data to actually know if you look at it. TiNe might not have or use enough Te to make FiTe happy or excited. So with no understanding, there's no way of knowing at all besides zodiac signs, who'll actually relate or be good in a relationship long term. The main difference I've noticed between Ne and Ni is Ni is just "pure idealism" so they just look at you or something and "see what's missing" then believe it's what reality is or should be, so they look at stuff and think about what it could be. Ne people just think about what stuff is then look at it.

baccheion

Local time
-->

Fi might be more associated with personal identity than Fe. There's no indication Fe or good use of it (i.e. aux, dom; etc) means or correlates with a good sense of identity. It's more so maintaining harmony in social situations and contexts, sometimes what's best for the group. So in say INFJ, or any type, it'd arguably be the dominant function that's responsible for a person's identity, so it would be Ni. In ENFJ, it'd be Fe supported by Ni. It's more so a question of waves and what wavelength you're on at the time. So personality type isn't the only thing that defines someone's personality or motivations. So INFP differs from ENFJ in that, plus for type, they have Ne/Si with them so they relate there. Using Ni/Se is only for something different and some excitement, but could be too different to relate - usually on different wavelengths at the times, although your mileage may vary. Because of that, they could get trapped or boring potentially, but that's the nature of it. There isn't enough data to actually know if you look at it. TiNe might not have or use enough Te to make FiTe happy or excited. So with no understanding, there's no way of knowing at all besides zodiac signs, who'll actually relate or be good in a relationship long term. The main difference I've noticed between Ne and Ni is Ni is just "pure idealism" so they just look at you or something and "see what's missing" then believe it's what reality is or should be, so they look at stuff and think about what it could be. Ne people just think about what stuff is then look at it.
What does your response have to do with my comment? I'm not sure if it's an INTP thing, but I have no real sense of identity. That is, I don't know myself very well. There are a few things that are clear, but I'm generally lacking insight.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
It's more or less the same thing but I'd agree, INTP has no Fi. It's usually Fi that knows more about "personal identity" or its potential, because it's connected to Te as an emotion that says if you don't do something you can't, and they apply it to other people, because Fi makes them feel good. But there's no real way of knowing if some decision is better for someone else or how well they'd know it themselves. It's basically just to "notice" something or pick through random patterns in data, to see how woke you could be, but things aren't always as they seem, if there's some "thing" someone should do implying it would be "better" for them if they do it like it makes them smarter for getting any extra experience, and yet it's just a risk. So there's also some self fulfilled prophecy involved.

Socks and Shoes

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
I'm not so sure we have a "type". I have dated or had romantic encounters with ESFJ, ISFJ, ESFP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ, INTJ and INFP.

I want intellectualism, eccentricity, adventure and feelings. I want deep space time to myself. I want the ability to be blunt. And I want someone not like me

Pretty narrow criteria. I was dating an ENFP and INTJ at the same time once for a month or so, and the combination of those two worked really well. INFJs work well, too, but they are so god damn sensitive and moody

I would vote for ENFP if they weren't so flighty

Socks and Shoes

Redshirt
Local time
-->
INTJ - too cold
INTP - not too bad really
ENTJ - too demanding
ENTP - maybe

ENFJ - too judge-y and not as smart as they think
ENFP - all kinds of fun and bonding possible but a little flighty
INFP - lots of warm up time but can get along well if there's a spark
INFJ - lots of warm up time and potential misunderstandings to sort through, but really not too bad

ISTP - both will appreciate the need to sit and think although the INTP will think they are much smarter
ISTJ - no
ESTJ - no
ESFJ - yeah, i don't know why we attract each other. ESFJs love us
ESTP - they got issues
ESFP - i can stand them
ISFP - no
ISFJ - would be great if not so practical

Socks and Shoes

Redshirt
Local time
-->
As at least Hadoblado mentioned, it's better to start by examining those qualities which you most desire in a partner (or girl), since, absurd as it may seem, there is variation even among INTPs.

Here's my quick list in no particular tall order.
  • Open-minded
  • Empathetic
  • Funny as fuck
  • Challenges me and others
  • Rational and reasonable
  • Independent
  • Objective
  • Skeptical
  • Kind and caring
  • More extroverted than me
  • Can put ego aside and understands the importance of doing so
So which type does this translate to? Well, any type. I would caution you against trying to select for a(ny) relationship by type rather than by the merits of one's qualities. Our knowledge of another's type is simply a combination of our speculation and the person's speculation, and I would trust most people's judgement of character before their ability to determine a person's Myers-Briggs type (myself included).

With that in mind, it would be interesting to see the results of a poll that asks members to mark which type they believe their partner(s) to be.

Sounds like INFJ

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
ENTJs are good friends maybe even the best friends. That's it

My inferior Fe finds Te users hard to tolerate in a social setting, where they unwittingly constantly upset social harmony. Sometimes I watch a Te dom address ppl and it feels like he/she is dragging nails across a blackboard. ESTJs are the worst tbh, their insistence on following external rules is also annoying, especially to an INTP who only cares about what makes sense to them subjectively.

I'd say Fe users are a much better fit. ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ. Not INFJ, because they require Se input from their partners aka you have to drag them into activity. Not doing so is detrimental to any Ni dom and INxP is the worst at this.

Those 3 tend to compensate for INTP's terrible Fe, 2 of them even for our childish Si.

Good example in my life has been my aunt INTP together with her husband who is ESFJ or my father INTP and mom ESFJ.

Socks and Shoes

Redshirt
Local time
-->
ENTJs are good friends maybe even the best friends. That's it

My inferior Fe finds Te users hard to tolerate in a social setting, where they unwittingly constantly upset social harmony. Sometimes I watch a Te dom address ppl and it feels like he/she is dragging nails across a blackboard.

I'd say Fe users are a much better fit. ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ. Not INFJ, because they require Se input from their partners aka you have to drag them into activity. Not doing so is detrimental to any Ni dom. Those 3 tend to compensate for INTP's terrible Fe, 2 of them even for our childish Si.

Good example in my life has been my aunt INTP together with her husband who is ESFJ or my father INTP and mom ESFJ.

bulls in a china shop

Kormak

Local time
-->

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
ENTJ- Cold, mechanical. Good for stability, but for emotional affection.
ENFJ- Very caring but doesn't reciprocate ideas much. Will clash.
INFJ- Inconsistent, the good moments are great but bad moments are regular.
INTJ- Similar to ENTJ, except not interested in living the superficial highlife.
ENFP- Adventurous romantics, you'll not be able to guard against them.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
-->
hmmmm

I'd recommend a robot.
Touche. I second this. I think @Cognisant is working on that.

I know why I like ESFJs, but why do they like us?
Probably uniqueness

Use your intuition. Not on type but on the soul level. Does her soul match your soul?
How do you define "soul"?

The type that is mature enough to patiently work with the INTP to sort out their quirks, issues, and ambitions. I think that's a start for having a good relationship with room for self-improvement.
Have seen INTP men who don't need "sorting out" - Is that level of maturity really type-dependent?

Which?

That’ll matter more than anything in the end, maturity.
What does "maturity" mean to you?

The best girl type for the average male INTP is an an ESFJ with an iq between 123-136 who can play at least one instrument from the violin family, has slightly above average sized hips, a strained( but not terrible) relationship with her alcoholic ESTJ father, and an XNFP/XSTP for a best friend.
Lol.

I would trust most people's judgement of character before their ability to determine a person's Myers-Briggs type (myself included).
How do you judge character? How can you tell from the outside looking in?

Rebis

Local time
-->
hmmmm

I'd recommend a robot.
Touche. I second this. I think @Cognisant is working on that.

I know why I like ESFJs, but why do they like us?
Probably uniqueness

Use your intuition. Not on type but on the soul level. Does her soul match your soul?
How do you define "soul"?

The type that is mature enough to patiently work with the INTP to sort out their quirks, issues, and ambitions. I think that's a start for having a good relationship with room for self-improvement.
Have seen INTP men who don't need "sorting out" - Is that level of maturity really type-dependent?

Which?

That’ll matter more than anything in the end, maturity.
What does "maturity" mean to you?

The best girl type for the average male INTP is an an ESFJ with an iq between 123-136 who can play at least one instrument from the violin family, has slightly above average sized hips, a strained( but not terrible) relationship with her alcoholic ESTJ father, and an XNFP/XSTP for a best friend.
Lol.

I would trust most people's judgement of character before their ability to determine a person's Myers-Briggs type (myself included).
How do you judge character? How can you tell from the outside looking in?

I judge people's character by the 4 domains naturally:

Do they feel energised around people or by themselves?
Sensory/intuition--I judge this by agreeableness: if they rely on their own intuition they think, if they rely on sensing they'll usually listen a lot and agree typically because they don't think for themselves.
Thinking/ feeling--Do they interpret the world predominantly through feeling or thinking?
Prospective/Judging-Are they adventurous and bounce from one decision to another, or do they focus on one task or subject at a time I. E not distracted by multiple ideas?

Ask them a lot of questions, that is how you'll find your answers

Rebis

Local time
-->
I just ask for MBTI if I'm interested in who the character is so just ask based on the 4 domains, then through a process of a few days/week/however long you'll determine what way they typically think

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->

Rebis

Local time
-->
In a way you would think the answer to this doesn't need an explaination as it's intuitive. I'm attracted to someone independent of choice and "logical" analysis, it is intuitive for me. Likewise, any other person follows intuition to determine who they're attracted to.

I can say I have a grand narrative of the perfect partner but ultimately I will observe someone and over time become attracted to them.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
-->
In a way you would think the answer to this doesn't need an explaination as it's intuitive. I'm attracted to someone independent of choice and "logical" analysis, it is intuitive for me. Likewise, any other person follows intuition to determine who they're attracted to.

I can say I have a grand narrative of the perfect partner but ultimately I will observe someone and over time become attracted to them.

True, was mainly asking those questions out sheer boredom. The forum is slowing fading towards obsoleteness. We need more threads.

Kormak

Local time
-->
:eyeroll: does it have to be MBTI related?
Ppl have their preferences that come from life and relationship experience.
For example, I don't like women who are drama queens or just ppl in general who make mountains out of molehills IRL. If she then is high in control and gets easily agitated by all sorts of minor stuff... and proceeds to cause drama because of it... e_e I'll just bail. Being around someone like that is hell. "I want to speak to your manager!" kind of ppl suck imo.
^^; where do I find chill girls? Women who are "zen" <3.

Montalbanov

Dreamer
Local time
Today 7:59 AM
-->
I think the ideal would be an extrovert that accept you and understand you (at least 55%) or another introvert with your same vibes in music, movies etc.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Id have to see her medical history and family history of disease.
Id prefer a healthy female with basic functionality and standard and upper fertility rate.
Even tempered, curious, but disciplined, decent at cooking and washing dishes, and maintenence tasks. Independent however cooperative. With mothers instinct and decent athleticism. Probably healthy minded and capable of reasonable empathy while also able to be loyal and resiliant in times of stress. Is an INTP asking for too much?

Rebis

Local time
-->
One with the big titters and aSS that makes me go cuckoo

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
I'm a former INTP married to an ENFJ. It seems to work (but maybe it only works because I became an INFP).

Gnurp

Screw 42
Local time
-->
Worry most about how well this person will love you and how well you will love them. We require solitude. I don't mean that we demand it - our neurotransmitter tax collector gets paid in solitude. It can be put off for a couple years, but when it decides time's up it doesn't listen to excuses, fucker just breaks legs.

So our SO has to be someone who can love and support us from a distance at times. That's an amazing person. If you find them and they are ESFJ, I'd still recommend not discarding.

Top Bottom