• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Attention as the main social currency

WALKYRIA

Local time
Today 3:48 AM
-->
Hey guys,
I've been thinking lately about the notion of attraction and attention in the public Space.
Lately i've been analyzing interactions in public Space and one thing struck me hard was... Attention(or mini love as I call it...).
It seems as we live in a love/mini attention deprived society. People want it so badly but They don't get it most of times. Other funny thing? The more you seek it or want it, the least you get it. It's almost unconscious.
I'm not mysoginistic but it seems that women crave for attention is so massive that They could do crazy things in order to get some.....

I'm sorry i'm socially blunt and awkward, so I discovered it lately: The powerful an the art of getting, captivating and keeping attraction.
Rule no 1: the less you care about people around you, the more you get it. Powerful. It's almost immoral but relationships are immoral anyways...
I came to this simple thing after realizing How much women were much more gifted in that area(captivating g the public's attention) than men.. I thought it was unfair.

What are your thoughts about it ?

;)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Stop being sexist, there are just as many male attention whores as there are women.

Women would seem to captivate more attention because most guys just think with their penis.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 12:48 PM
-->
It's not as simple as that. A lot of people don't care about attention and don't get it. A lot of people care about attention and get it. You're missing either a key factor that gets/deny's attention or a combination of factors that gets/deny's attention. Caring is only a side factor.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
Lately i've been also thinking about How people actually confuse attraction and attention.. or about How people fall in love with attention rather than someone..
Any thoughts?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
I do but you didn't give my previous thoughts any attention so I won't.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
I'm open to the idea that I'm missing on something.
I used to not care about attention and more... I used to hâte all the attention... Yet i kept on having it( because people give it to people who don't want it...).
When brainwashing started, things started to change.... Bd that's very funny and strange when people suddenly unconscious don't give it to you anymore.
That's when I started realizing that even the one's who say They don't want it actually need it too.. even INTPs lol.

Now 2 questions:
1) why the sexist label everytime one speaks about women? That's a funny trigger... Yet when girls speak say something derogatory about males( men think with their dicks...)... Men don't give a shit. Funny differential. I considération myself neutral anyways..

2) So you really think that some non pathological people in't need attention?

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
but you didn't give my previous thoughts any attention so I won't.

Haha very nice one. You got all my attention with that one... For sure you must be a professional attention seeker. You do that so good my my my... :p

Also sorry for my writing. I write like a dummy but I just bought a smartphone for my first time... :confused: not very good with technology.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Now 2 questions:
1) why the sexist label everytime one speaks about women? That's a funny trigger... Yet when girls speak say something derogatory about males( men think with their dicks...)... Men don't give a shit.

Because I'm a woman and that's my prerogative; men are free to challenge my assertion about them, more often than not, they own up to it.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I write like a dummy but I just bought a smartphone for my first time...

You don't have to be smart, your phone takes care of that for you! :P

A great thread Walkyria, as is usually the case with you.

I myself am the type who is typically uncomfortable when paid attention to, and also the type who pays a lot of attention to others - women especially.

Say that I pay more attention to women because I "think with my dick" is certainly... well, it sounds wrong to me. Yes, I am sexually attracted to women, and yes I listen more to what they say than what men say, however I am off-put that paying attention to someone would be reduced so crudely. I like to pay attention to people. I find what people say to often be very interesting, and I at least hope that they appreciate being listened to.

I personally often feel that paying attention to someone I do not know, and who I am not in any way interacting with, is a kind of invasion of their privacy, their space, so quite often I feel uncomfortable when paying attention to a stranger in public.

It's a balancing act between my own sense of interest in the person, and my sense that what I am doing is inappropriate. I try to remain closed off as a result, however it often remains highly difficult.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

No. My prerogative is to point out stupid things said by stupid people.

NQpQJNY.png

Attention whoring isn't specific to sex, but to none gender specific psychological make up and character. You'd think you'd know that being on a psychology forum, but apparently you don't even know the meaning of character, so... it's unlikely that you'd have a well developed one.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
A great thread Walkyria, as is usually the case with you
Haha thanks man, thanks for the attention. :p
And yeah, smarts are becoming secondary in our day and age I guess...

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 4:48 AM
-->
Damm that's a hard question... do I intuitively pay more attention to when a female says/does something than a male?

Ugh idk... personality and appearance is so much more overwhelmingly important that it often is irrelevant. I will certainly remember hot females for longer afterwards but that is for mostly unrelated reasons. And on the topic of memory it's as strong for males who made an impression on me.

Idk, but I lean towards a no. Then again I am probably not representative of a typical male.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
It's not really a question... Just an openended question....
I've always been attractee to why we give more or less attention to certain things or people...and lately the topic came back...
Look at kids, dogs,...etc They are very attractive and get naturally a lot of attention, most of times more than humans. We give more love to certain entities... Why?
When you go out, there's always someone or two who monopoliser the attention of the whole place.. not always the most talkactive or the most welldressed... Maybe charismatique? I don't know....
We give, ask and command attention..
I think it's a pretty Virgin topic and and an important topic of social psychology as well, yet no one seem to give it a second thought...

Ponderer

Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
I think you are getting too much into details. Some people like attention because it stimulates their minds and gives satisfaction. Just as we like intellectual stimulation, they like social stimulation.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I think you are getting too much into details. Some people like attention because it stimulates their minds and gives satisfaction. Just as we like intellectual stimulation, they like social stimulation.

I think YOU'RE getting too much into details.

You have to be open minded and question your preconceived notions and assumptions.

This is how we grow together both as individuals and as a community rock rock on.

Rushhhhhhpek yo

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:48 PM
-->
Hey guys,
I've been thinking lately about the notion of attraction and attention in the public Space.
Lately i've been analyzing interactions in public Space and one thing struck me hard was... Attention(or mini love as I call it...).
It seems as we live in a love/mini attention deprived society. People want it so badly but They don't get it most of times. Other funny thing? The more you seek it or want it, the least you get it. It's almost unconscious.
I'm not mysoginistic but it seems that women crave for attention is so massive that They could do crazy things in order to get some.....

I'm sorry i'm socially blunt and awkward, so I discovered it lately: The powerful an the art of getting, captivating and keeping attraction.
Rule no 1: the less you care about people around you, the more you get it. Powerful. It's almost immoral but relationships are immoral anyways...
I came to this simple thing after realizing How much women were much more gifted in that area(captivating g the public's attention) than men.. I thought it was unfair.

What are your thoughts about it ?

;)
o The more you seek/want attention the less you get it
o Women crave for attention
o Women do crazy things to get attention
o Women captivate the public's attention more than men
o The more you seek/want attention the less you get it

If I tried I could probably get the gist of what you're saying but concerning the topic I'd wait for clarification of this contradiction.

most guys just think with their penis.

If this is true, why?
If this is not true, why does it appear that way?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:48 PM
-->
You're probably right, although that sounds depressing like it'd be impossible to overcome. Which I guess means it's pretty much the same thing as true.

Penis thinking is a human trait, doesn't make it always right but there's a time and place for it at least.

Top Bottom