• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Ask BAP

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:59 AM
-->
That reminds me of what actors say. "I'm extremely anxious before I go on but when the time comes it all goes away and I'm immersed in the part."

I think the reason is because it's not fear, but anxiety. Anxiety is about the unknown and the future. Once you are in the fearsome situation, it's too late. All decisions are out of your hands. You have no fear of running away because you are committed. Once it's over it's too late.
So I'm not scared of the dentist?

What does fear feel like?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->
Why the hell won't you change your avatar?

I mean how about a large apple pie just to meet the requirement of your username?
Because I haven't thought of an alternative and am lazy. My handle is "pi", not "pie." I do believe I have been insulted.:D What in heaven's name causes you think think the perfect ratio "pi" is the same as something you would stuff your face with? :confused:

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
"User title"? Clarify. I can answer hard Q's but I'm not good at easy one's.;)

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
"User title"? Clarify. I can answer hard Q's but I'm not good at easy one's.;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• that.jpg
    that.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 917

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Why are you asking me this question?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Answer: Architect is way ahead of me with questions. This is the only way I can think of to catch up.:D

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:59 AM
-->
have you done psychedelics? if so, how would you describe it in typology terms? if not, why?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
have you done psychedelics? if so, how would you describe it in typology terms? if not, why?
If you had asked me that a few years ago, I would say I would have loved to try LSD. No I've never tried it because I haven't had the opportunity. (Too socially isolated.) Today I would fear just going out into the street I would be ripped off. I could get something unknown ... an impure substance. I've heard of brains being damaged. I don't have a connection. Today I would prefer to learn from others and use my imagination. I think that would cover it.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
If you had asked me that a few years ago, I would say I would have loved to try LSD. No I've never tried it because I haven't had the opportunity. (Too socially isolated.) Today I would fear just going out into the street I would be ripped off. I could get something unknown ... an impure substance. I've heard of brains being damaged. I don't have a connection. Today I would prefer to learn from others and use my imagination. I think that would cover it.

alright.

it's true indeed that inferior (though perhaps not impure) substances are sold as LSD blotters these days.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
:kodama1:
alright.

it's true indeed that inferior (though perhaps not impure) substances are sold as LSD blotters these days.
Ah ha. You seem to know something I don't. From hereon in you are my connection.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Do you usually masturbate before falling asleep?
Define masturbation. I don't like to get too excited before going to bed with the intention of sleep so the answer is no. I usually favor masturbation as a waking experience so I know more about what I'm doing. Besides my bedmates might be upset should I ruffle their covers.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Q fm SpaceYeti who is visiting his progeny.
What the hell is a bedmate?! Do you have sex with them? Why is there more than one?
That's three questions. Are you trying to put me in a sweat?

1. Do not think I mate with all my bedmates. A bedmate = a friendly bed partner ... one who's willing to sleep with me.

2. One of my bedmates is my wife. I only have sex with her when she reciprocates ... which seems to be asymptotically on the wane. The other bedmates? Define sex.

3. Because I counted more than one. They are extraordinarily furry. That's furry ... not fuzzy.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Hey BAP. So few are asking you questions. You must be too dumb to know anything. Very well. I will be brave and ask you what you think of Lyra.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->

7even

Local time
-->
Strange. The abbreviation of your name said backwards sounds extremely similar despite starting and ending in two different letters.

If experience is more reliable than thought. Why the fuck are we discussing, or even thinking about anything at all? Can all thought be proved to be... false?

BAP, PAB.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
If experience is more reliable than thought. Why the fuck are we discussing, or even thinking about anything at all? Can all thought be proved to be... false?

BAP, PAB.
Yer on to something 7even. This could be thought at its very shallowest. Experience definitely says something solid. Thought is mere fluff. Match the two and experience wins every time unless one is in a thought arena and someone with experience put you up to it.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person? Are you playing or have you been hacked?
Answer: Define "hacked." A person can refer to themselves in the 3rd, 4th or 5th person. We are many people. If you don't believe that, check out the many parts of your brain. Or read, "Our Inner Conflicts" by Karen Horney.

Book Description - Publication Date: October 17, 1992
Here Karen Horney develops a dynamic theory of neurosis centered on the basic conflict among attitudes of "moving forward" "moving against," and "moving away from" people.
Unlike Freud, Horney does not regard neurosis as rooted in instinct. In her words, her theory is constructive because "it allows us for the first time to tackle and resolve neurotic hopelessness. . . . Neurotic conflicts cannot be resolved by rational decision. . . . But [they] can be resolved by changing the conditions within the personality that brought them into being."

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Understanding who won't be understood

I wrote this to frame an issue and make a poor joke (thoughts on Lyra) but didn't get around to posting it so I'm crossing it out. I will answer about my thoughts directly.

What? Do you take me for some kind of fool? I'm not going to get into that kind of thing with you. In the first place I don't think anything. I feel. (I'm ready to outgrow INTP and graduate into INFJ.) I do not want to mess with Lyra. You want to get me into trouble again, don't you? Lyra is his own man. Mess with him and he can take you down. No one can stand up to him except those who do. I've learned this the hard way. Do not talk about him. I'm at the end of my rope. Furthermore if there were more clichés to toss out I would but can't think of any.

Lyra is a different kind of person. We know that as he admits he is an INFJ if I recall correctly. So what does this mean to an INTP on an INTP forum? How can we understand and adjust to someone who appears to behave differently?

There must be many ways to understand someone and I can only pick one. If the below doesn't appeal, something else will have to be tried, but I pick this:

Picture a youngster meeting a cat for the first time in its life. This is a new experience and if the youngster is curious, it may reach out and try to pick up the cat. This is exactly what my neighbor's little boy did when he came over one day. My cat, not liking the unknown, hissed and scratched him. Not a good first experience.

What is the moral of this story? INTP's are overly prone to reason. This was not an encounter about reason and logic though there is reason and logic involved.

Lyra is what I would call an "expressive" person. He doesn't particularly reveal his motives. He just does his thing. My experience reading him is he makes many statements which are expressions. Don't try to pick up the strange cat. This is not a situation for logic and reason. One may stand back and reason and logic about it, but not directly to Lyra. It will interrupt his expression. Now this itself is not meant to be a general rule. I'm not going to ask him if my diagnosis is correct or not. His expression is not mine.

One issue about this is the question of tolerance. To repeat the above ... INTP's are fond of reason. If someone is fond of expression, it is not polite to interrupt. That doesn't mean one should not want to. After all the expressive person may be a good or bad artist, a good or bad person, good or bad writer ... just like an INTP might be.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Lyra is what I would call an "expressive" person.

People can reason in different ways and express in different ways. If we can not tell what is motivating some one we can become angry. From what I see Lyra understands a bigger picture. I think that I do to but I do not take it as my entire life and I'm not implying that what he is doing. Some see Lyra as arrogant but that is a limited scope of representing his viewpoint. I am trying to understand what that is so I can see more than I currently can.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 6:59 AM
-->
Re: Understanding who won't be understood

I wrote this to frame an issue and make a poor joke (thoughts on Lyra) but didn't get around to posting it so I'm crossing it out. I will answer about my thoughts directly.

What? Do you take me for some kind of fool? I'm not going to get into that kind of thing with you. In the first place I don't think anything. I feel. (I'm ready to outgrow INTP and graduate into INFJ.) I do not want to mess with Lyra. You want to get me into trouble again, don't you? Lyra is his own man. Mess with him and he can take you down. No one can stand up to him except those who do. I've learned this the hard way. Do not talk about him. I'm at the end of my rope. Furthermore if there were more clichés to toss out I would but can't think of any.

Lyra is a different kind of person. We know that as he admits he is an INFJ if I recall correctly. So what does this mean to an INTP on an INTP forum? How can we understand and adjust to someone who appears to behave differently?

There must be many ways to understand someone and I can only pick one. If the below doesn't appeal, something else will have to be tried, but I pick this:

Picture a youngster meeting a cat for the first time in its life. This is a new experience and if the youngster is curious, it may reach out and try to pick up the cat. This is exactly what my neighbor's little boy did when he came over one day. My cat, not liking the unknown, hissed and scratched him. Not a good first experience.

What is the moral of this story? INTP's are overly prone to reason. This was not an encounter about reason and logic though there is reason and logic involved.

Lyra is what I would call an "expressive" person. He doesn't particularly reveal his motives. He just does his thing. My experience reading him is he makes many statements which are expressions. Don't try to pick up the strange cat. This is not a situation for logic and reason. One may stand back and reason and logic about it, but not directly to Lyra. It will interrupt his expression. Now this itself is not meant to be a general rule. I'm not going to ask him if my diagnosis is correct or not. His expression is not mine.

One issue about this is the question of tolerance. To repeat the above ... INTP's are fond of reason. If someone is fond of expression, it is not polite to interrupt. That doesn't mean one should not want to. After all the expressive person may be a good or bad artist, a good or bad person, good or bad writer ... just like an INTP might be.

This is unintentionally (?) kind of funny. :p

Do you feel you have difficulty reasoning with people outside your type?

I would identify closer to INFJ as well. Am I a cat? :cat:

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->

How do you reason with Lyra? You make points. Tungsten points, backed by 500 grain total metal jacketed lead slugs screaming in at Mach 4. Some people might say that I'm angry, but they're wrong. When arguing with Lyra, you should only feel one thing:

Recoil.

:D

-Duxwing

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
^ I agree with Animekitty really. I can't say I always do, but I try to start from the other's position. Lyra has a very different POV, and so there's a lot to be learnt from it (if one can find some kind of mutual means of contact, anyhow.)

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

This is unintentionally (?) kind of funny. :p
Okay

Do you feel you have difficulty reasoning with people outside your type?
IRL I do. It depends on how far they are from my type and how well I know them. If I know them, experience tells me what to do. If I don't know them, it depends on how provocative they are. I'm learning.

I would identify closer to INFJ as well. Am I a cat? :cat:
Depends on if you purr or scratch.:D

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

How do you reason with Lyra? You make points. Tungsten points, backed by 500 grain total metal jacketed lead slugs screaming in at Mach 4. Some people might say that I'm angry, but they're wrong. When arguing with Lyra, you should only feel one thing:

Recoil.

:D

-Duxwing
Correct. There are two kinds of "reasoning." (1) Linear. (2) Non-linear. The non-linear paints a picture ... which is hard to call "reasoning", but it does create an impact.

Angry? If you aren't wounded no need for anger. If you get wounded, a counter-attack might be in order.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
People can reason in different ways and express in different ways.
We are all different.

If we can not tell what is motivating some one we can become angry.
Anger clouds the single issue. Suddenly there are two issues. (1) Their motivation and (2) the shot fired that seems to cause injury. Those must be separated.

From what I see Lyra understands a bigger picture. I think that I do to but I do not take it as my entire life and I'm not implying that what he is doing. Some see Lyra as arrogant but that is a limited scope of representing his viewpoint. I am trying to understand what that is so I can see more than I currently can.
A bigger picture is what all intuitives (either Ni or Ne) are after. Even if they see a bigger picture, we have to ask, "What picture is it they do not see?"

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:59 PM
-->
Do you think Lyra actually has a point?

One of my longstanding theories about him (yes I really have nothing better to do) is that he is obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, to what end I don't know but it does seem to keep rational minds from deconstructing his thoughts or debating with his opinions, and underneath it all I wonder if there is actually something to it all, or perhaps being self righteously obtuse is the entirety of who he is and what he does.

I've considered asking him a load of questions but I get the impression he won't give me any straight answers, and our paths don't cross much so I don't really care enough to bother with it.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->

One of my longstanding theories about him (yes I really have nothing better to do) is that he is obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, to what end I don't know but it does seem to keep rational minds from deconstructing his thoughts or debating with his opinions, and underneath it all I wonder if there is actually something to it all, or perhaps being self righteously obtuse is the entirety of who he is and what he does.

I've considered asking him a load of questions but I get the impression he won't give me any straight answers, and our paths don't cross much so I don't really care enough to bother with it.

Sometimes he's written something and I feel like I'm staring into a vortex. I don't understand and so it feels empty. But the longer he's been around, the easier it has felt.

I don't think someone would develop that far down a line of thinking for the sake of trolling, or whatever you're proposing though (it clearly shows he's put a lot of effort into it). He's alluded to some occultic philosophies before, it seems more likely that what he says appears esoteric as it's unfamiliar.

But your last sentence sounds fair, and I think I'll drop out here as I'm not comfortable talking about Lyra in third person in a public thread he's not present in.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:59 PM
-->
Anyway just because the stuff he's saying is occult doesn't mean it can't be spoken in plain terms, the same goes for metaphysics, but I'm sure he'll reply to this with something like "the uninitiated/close-minded wouldn't understand" or whatever, but that's bullshit, if definition of being initiated or open minded is that you agree with what you're told that's not really either of those things.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Ehh, this seems unnecessary (and is a derailment anyway). BAP and Lyra have disagreed before, I don't see why this has to be carried out.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:59 PM
-->
This reminds me of something... Can't put my finger on it.

Something to do with Eleanor Roosevelt and the size of one's mind...

Lyra

Genesis Engineering Speciation
Local time
-->
Anyway just because the stuff he's saying is occult doesn't mean it can't be spoken in plain terms, the same goes for metaphysics, but I'm sure he'll reply to this with something like "the uninitiated/close-minded wouldn't understand" or whatever, but that's bullshit, if definition of being initiated or open minded is that you agree with what you're told that's not really either of those things.

Most of my messages imply further research for full understanding. If you'd actually read Spengler, or looked into DMT, or looked into what I might be doing in relation to specific developmental paths I've discussed with you personally and privately, then you might get more out of the messages. Or you might not. For example, the first post in the thread you posted to saying you'd 'never understand' might have explained my involvement with Pod'Lair, or the reverse. The static reduces when you tune into the right frequency.

I'm not going to go justifying what or who I am-- that's a ridiculous thing to do or expect-- but one thing I do do is trace patterns which aren't often traced and which, if researched/experienced personally, can yield a lot of serendipitous and illuminating experiences. If you go into one pattern, then you might see I've traced another that seems perhaps to contradict it. If you found the experience of the first interesting, you might pursue that one, and then the relation and what it might mean. I pattern the patterns with patterns, with each pattern being individually developmental/transhumanistic and the connection being so as well.

In short my entire thing here is to construct a mysterium/living rabbit-hole for individuals curious and dedicated to transhumanism/'truth' enough to step beyond their immediate, reflexive reactions. Anybody who engages with me via those reactions will only see themselves reflected, in relation to a front which isn't me. Or a barren chaos of confused fronts. Somebody who researches will both get pathei-mathos and an expanse in their being from the individual patterns/roles they delve further into and, ultimately, from the relation between them.

A simple fact is that, whatever persona I adopt in that communication, anybody's who's followed through-- and a rare few have, so far-- knows that experimentally adopting even the few most basic and obvious patterns laced throughout the fluxing whole leads to a beautifully rare and powerful set of insights. Wonders completely unexpected and beyond all expectations. They can do with those what they will, develop them into whatever is relevant personally. Some of them are presented very obviously up-front, some come through the breaking of persona-patterns assumed to be relevant on the surface. Some are there in other ways. But my intention is to craft a gift and a test on all levels-- a path out of this world and themselves, out of this limited humanity and into new life, for those who want or would appreciate such a thing.

The presentation suits the message. Part of the message is something that might relate to months and years, identities, and cognitive-breaks. Part might relate to the way certain things are perceived on a surface level, socially. Whatever-- it's something for experimentation, not doctrine. It's not about doing what you're told. It's hints and directions for certain ears, with no cult or doctrine to encapsulate or contain them.

If you're not interested, fine. But that doesn't mean there's an error in the message. Doesn't mean there's one in you either. But it's a form of living and communicating that makes no error in being what it is, so let it be. Esp. if you think of yourself as a transhumanist interested in anything more than just brute physical life extension, or whatever. Higher-level games can operate at higher levels of complexity and effort. They might just seem like barren confusion to somebody not reading the patterns/signals in them. But they might be just as, or even far more, ordered than more obvious coherencies.

What you in practice push, Cog, is a cognitive laziness that just assumes new phenomena must immediately fit into the patterns it recognises as sensical or worthwhile to be sensical or worthwhile. That's the antithesis of what I do or what I'd regard as transhumanism-- I don't think you're a transhumanist, I think you're one more crypto-Christian longing for a technological afterlife.

Most people talk about transhumanism. I live my understanding of it.

You can't take ridicule, Cog. You have to seem like a clever gold-star little savant, callous and hard and reasoned before this empty world and the stupid hordes of the religious and subjective. Your need to take that role is nothing but weakness. Simple, small human weakness. You have to be seen to be the technocratic elect, destined for transhuman afterlife, chosen and seen to be chosen by your fellow reasoned elect, never mind whether you actually know basic logic or are actually cold, or just like the feeling of talking coldly. Weakness.

As for Pi, this isn't about reason vs. feeling. Your short-term post-by-post reactions are actually far more impulsive than anything I do. Your problem is that you assume some relation between posts and identity, or some logic you can immediately and easily understand in art, which I've never said is so. You are unable to reasonably and thoughtfully alter your actions and engagements to allow another kind of signal to come through or pattern to form. You just can't stop reacting to 'Lyra' as a cohesive identity, and you just can't stop reacting in a way I've informed you, many times, is inapplicable. Your mind is robotised, and you follow me around spewing the programming. Obsessed like you have been for a couple of years now. Unreasoned, emotional, impulsive and animalistic.

WYGPp89.jpg

Lyra

Local time
-->

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Sure he does. What that is could be anything.

Don't know.

If you do that, I'd expect more of the same unless you get lucky.

Instead of more speculation on my part, I recall Lyra said something in one of his messages ... may have been on the Boston thing ... that I reacted to. I will try to find it tomorrow or so and give my impression here. If my impression is a real and true one, it may give you a clue to at least one poster's perspective. At this point I will avoid speculating on someone I don't know. That wouldn't fair to him. (I hate unfairness.) But if I have a reaction, that reaction* belongs to me and that is fair because it's me.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
This reminds me of something... Can't put my finger on it.

Something to do with Eleanor Roosevelt and the size of one's mind...
Is that your question Absurdity? I am after ideas, specifically how we are to understand lead intuitives.

Lyra

Local time
-->
@BigApplePi I just told you you dumb fuck. You've made so many threads about this before, can't you just stop flying the flag of your stupidity now? Or take the hint from Kuu about how totally unable you are to read people?

I've asked you to stop harassing me a number of times before. Now you're following me around the forum, again, offering to explain me to people. You're in no position to, and the obsession is not welcome.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Why did you create this thread?
I enjoy answering questions*. If I can answer successfully it helps clarify things for me ... especially if I can reach someone.

Sometimes if the question seems "doubtful" I will answer with a joke, but I'm not sure at this point how to characterize that.

Top Bottom