• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are INTPs more prone to be asexual?

JarNew

Banned
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
I guess I'm asexual. I'm not attracted to random women unless they're dancing provocatively and sensually and not showing any interest in me. I go by instinct. Also not attracted to males, if they show signs of agression, I respond with agression, I am not a bitch.

I've conceptualized love for the most part. I really just want to find a girl who naturally knows how to make me happy all the time and who I can make happy all the time.

I just want to
urvzh7oyn-t.png

all the time

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:46 AM
-->
Sure. So don't play the games. Unless you're not attractive, sex is easy to get when you want it. Just be charming and witty. Chicks never say no. And if you're unattractive, just wait for it. You'll find an equally unattractive chick who will have sex with you eventually. Either way, the games are not sex, and I was under the impression those weren't the subject. I agree the games are a waste of time. Sex itself, on the other hand, when you find someone to do it with, is fun.

Further, what sort of fun things do you do that aren't fleeting? Every game I play is only fun until I stop playing, books stop having plot at the end, et cetera. everything ends. So?

Alright, but how entertaining/satisfying can sex be if even the "players" have to keep whetting their appetite every weekend? The searching itself implies that the action is ultimately a let down.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
Today 4:46 AM
-->
The hunt is just as much part of my pleasure as the sex itself. If not more. Sex, unless you are able to find those few, wondrous sex angels or meaningful partners, will eventually, sadly, become repetitive. However, the hunt is open to so much...experimentation, variation, it never gets old. And it is the challenge. I like challenges.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:46 AM
-->
Alright, but how entertaining/satisfying can sex be if even the "players" have to keep whetting their appetite every weekend? The searching itself implies that the action is ultimately a let down.

I don't see how that makes sense. If you keep looking for more, it implies it's very satisfying, simply the satisfaction doesn't last. Just like with food. Eating satisfies hunger, but you get hungry again in a matter of hours.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I really just want to find a girl who naturally knows how to make me happy all the time and who I can make happy all the time.
LOL!

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I don't see how that makes sense. If you keep looking for more, it implies it's very satisfying, simply the satisfaction doesn't last. Just like with food. Eating satisfies hunger, but you get hungry again in a matter of hours.

Untrue. Consume high quantities of amphetamines. Hunger can be conquered.

It also must be noticed, this recurrence of hunger is inevitable. There is no viable alternative but to continue satisfying this recurring need. True for your metaphor?

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It also must be noticed, this recurrence of hunger is inevitable. There is no viable alternative but to continue satisfying this recurring need. True for your metaphor?
Yes.

Glordag

Pensive Poster
Local time
-->
Haha *puts arm around Glorbag* Yup, sage advice indeed. Wait, you serious?

Sorry for the late reply. It's been a busy holiday season. Yes, I was serious. I also had a point when I said that it seems like common sense at first. *shrug* You don't have to agree, but I think it's silly to belittle what was said based on the apparent "shallow" level of the content. Take from it what you will. I found it to be good advice.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 9:46 AM
-->
"Are INTPs more prone to be asexual?"

No.

Downplaying the need for sexual relations isn't asexuality; asexuality is an absence of the need.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
What is the absence of the need is a result of your constantly getting laid. What do we call that.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
Glordag lives! :eek:
Okay, who's been performing necromancy again? :rip:

"Are INTPs more prone to be asexual?"

No.

Downplaying the need for sexual relations isn't asexuality; asexuality is an absence of the need.
+1 I think(I'm not sure) people confuse this all the time.

Glordag

Pensive Poster
Local time
-->
I'm a lich! You cannot kill me unless you destroy my catalyst. :twisteddevil:

Hopefully I'll get back around to posting a little more on here. I've checked some threads here and there...just been busy with everything else. Such is the INTP way :D.

NeverSayMyName

Dreamer Deceiver
Local time
-->
Sex is fun, but fleeting. Pursuing sex can be a waste of time, especially as much time as some people (probably mostly males) spend doing so. The enjoyment of sex is disproportionate to the amount of effort it can take, the ridiculous social rules and "games" that are required, and the possible complications and risks involved (if one is pursuing casual sex, anyway).

Agreed.

Some of my friends might think I'm asexual, because I don't talk about sex as openly as they do, and also because I'm quite picky about people I like to spend time with. So unlike most guys, I wouldn't f*ck any random girl if I had the opportunity (well, unless I was drunk and in the mood for it, then I wouldn't really mind). Plus, I would probably loose respect for women, if I only spent time with "easy" girls.

I too think that this world is obsessed with sex, you can see that everywhere you look. But I'm far from being asexual. I'm totally straight and I'm proud of it :cool:

DogChild

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I am much better at expressing my affection in a physical way than in words. And its fun, fun, fun !!! Gotta keep those bonding hormones in mind though so no one nighters for me, ever. Only want to be with a man that challenges me and have to know them a while to trust them. I guess I'm strictly a relationship girl. What a lucky man... when I find him. :rolleyes:

DarkGreen

Mmm Tasty
Local time
-->
This is an embarassing topic. I think that we thinkers rationalize any foreign feeling to death thus thinking love an inconvecience instead of paying attention to what we feel. Sometimes I feel like I'm smacked with an emotion that's been hiding in my heart. Like I liked this guy but then I rationalized it to his having nice teeth and when he left for college, a couple months later I figured out I was agitated. A month later I figured out that I liked him. I was completely pissed at myself for not thinking HARD enough when really I just recently figured out I shouldv'e felt instead of thought. That's why I THINK that love is tiring because it confuses me but I FEEL vaguely that I should wake up and smell the coffee. Thinking about feelings is hard.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am much better at expressing my affection in a physical way than in words. And its fun, fun, fun !!! Gotta keep those bonding hormones in mind though so no one nighters for me, ever. Only want to be with a man that challenges me and have to know them a while to trust them. I guess I'm strictly a relationship girl. What a lucky man... when I find him. :rolleyes:
Challenges? Of what sort?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The hunt is just as much part of my pleasure as the sex itself. If not more. Sex, unless you are able to find those few, wondrous sex angels or meaningful partners, will eventually, sadly, become repetitive. However, the hunt is open to so much...experimentation, variation, it never gets old. And it is the challenge. I like challenges.

I totally agree (with an extra emphasis on "if not more").

For me sex isn't all that interesting really. At the moment, optimally, I'd choose having sex with 1 new girl 2-3 times a month, then switch. Perhaps slightly less. Anything more can result in me not wanting sex at all and just looking at it as something I have to do to please a partner. Anything drastically less obviously sucks as well.. but not as badly imo, as at least I'll get to mentally prepare, making sex out to be this godly, divine experience before my next encounter - something that makes it way more exciting than usual.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I totally agree (with an extra emphasis on "if not more").

For me sex isn't all that interesting really. At the moment, optimally, I'd choose having sex with 1 new girl 2-3 times a month, then switch. Perhaps slightly less. Anything more can result in me not wanting sex at all and just looking at it as something I have to do to please a partner. Anything drastically less obviously sucks as well.. but not as badly imo, as at least I'll get to mentally prepare, making sex out to be this godly, divine experience before my next encounter - something that makes it way more exciting than usual.

Dude that isn't nearly enough, come on. I'm not trying to sound like a typical "I need sex" guy, but when I was in my serious relationships, it turned into an every day, more than once thing. Though, admittedly, it got repetitive, I still liked the act itself and the feeling. I need sex at least once a week, hopefully more.

I suppose I should admit that I had been on a dry spell until very recently...last night...though I am not sure if I should even count it as it was a drunken mess, was a foursome, and ended up momentarily becoming a show for an entire party.

baj

Local time
-->
Yes, I'm prone to be asexual. In fact, I'm like 39 years old, and never had sex.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I wish I was asexual.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Dude that isn't nearly enough, come on. I'm not trying to sound like a typical "I need sex" guy,-----

The magnitude of ones sexual desire doesn't seem like a static thing. Lately, I've been having shit all. I'd rather watch golf then have sex and I really hate golf. There has been quite some time, perhaps 3-4 months, since I last thought about sex everyday, craving it.. which was normal, at least for me. Don't jack off these days either. Last time I came was with a girl and thats like... 3 weeks ago:confused: Wtf is happening to me?? Perhaps it's a seasonal thing lol. Almost no sunlight these days (literary) and shit cold.. could be a reason..or stress.. funny, before I wished I didn't have any sexual desire at all. Now I just wish that I got back my usual sex drive. It sucks. I guess nature will fuck me up giving me the libido of my life as soon my mind senses that I for some reason haven't sex that easily available anymore. Anyways.. AOGSBASFOJNADGJ

Oh, drunken mess counts. Foursome any fun? 2girls n another dude? 3 girls would perhaps be better however I think it could be tiresome. Show for an entire party? Well, then you got to show yourself off, and being a model I guess you had a great time doing it.
It's an experience. If it was you and another dude - any high fives while you where at it? :P

Oh, and sorry if this post was somewhat.. blunt.. but yeah, it's a thread about sex after all.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
It was me and a fraternity brother/rugby teammate and 2 girls.

In terms of showing myself off, it was in the sense that at the moment the guys (other rugby player) whose room we were doing this in finally managed to bust in the door (Eduardo had apparently locked/barricaded it), I was getting my dick sucked by one of them, which the entire hallway was then able to bear witness to.

Being extremely drunk, I turned to see what had happened, in effect presenting my erection to everyone outside the room looking in.

Luckily everybody was slammered at this party (rugby suite throws down hard), so nobody really cared too much, many don't remember, and nobody had the presence of mind to take pictures before we all got dressed.

Cbug

Bugsy
Local time
Today 7:16 PM
-->
Um no, I'm definitely not asexual, in fact probably the complete opposite, heh.

@OP: sex has always been everywhere, babylonian orgies, quickies in the wheat fields, lol, idk it seems a bit naive and cliched to say that it's more prevalent and in your face these days. It just takes different forms during different time periods and in differing cultures, it is expressed in different symbolism than say 100 years ago. When showing your ankles was the daring and sexy thing to do... haha

Anyway, being asexual would be great, I'm jealous.

baj

Local time
-->
Well I started a thread at the other forum about my lack of sex, and it went for a few hundred posts. I plan to try to have that deleted if the forum reappears. Right now I'd say that seeking sex out would not be worth the investment or complications. The investment would be higher because of my age, lack of experience, relatively unattractive physique, and tiny penis size. Also, the type of girls or boys I'm attracted to are very expensive.

Therefore, I focus on managing my desires and perceptions so that my state of being is pleasant and agreeable. Thus, if I can not afford a yacht, then I the line to that desire. I push away or remove consideration of the desire. And if the prospect of living through the day is depressing, I shorten the interval of thought or perception to near time or whatever interval or thought-field seems better.

Now it would seem that conspicuous consumption is better: where someone can have whatever they desire, including as much sex as they want. Perhaps. Because of my circumstances I'm grateful to be forced into a position where I must learn how to control my perceptions and desires...or die. Yet, at a certain point, one may realize that perception and the power of mind are better than sex or anything else. Since I've not had sex, then I cannot say. However, I do feel that the more I experiment with these areas of thought, the better I'm able to control my own happiness.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I'd recommend having it. It's pretty legit.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yet, at a certain point, one may realize that perception and the power of mind are better than sex or anything else. Since I've not had sex, then I cannot say. However, I do feel that the more I experiment with these areas of thought, the better I'm able to control my own happiness.
Sex is awesome, but don't judge it on your first time. Wait until you figure out what you're doing to come to that conclusion.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
This "it" could apply to everything from Jesus to motor boats. You could say the same thing about anything you believe.

No trust me bro, you're gonna want to try this one, it can't really be grouped up with the others. Just trust me.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
No trust me bro, you're gonna want to try this one, it can't really be grouped up with the others. Just trust me.
Really? I know some people who are pretty fervent about Jesus...

What makes it so different from any other means of achieving a euphoric state?

MifuneKinski

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've always had a much lower drive than most of my friends. While some feel the need to relieve themselves once a day (or more) I often go for days without any desire at all. Secondly, like many introverts, I have difficulty meeting new people, and when i do meet them, not all of them are people that I'd like to spend my time with, so because of that I often have gaps in sexual activity (I'm currently in a rather long one :( ) I do enjoy sex though, and am looking forward to getting back in the game. Haha
But because I don't place a large emphasis on sex with any old partner, and my sex drive is (maybe) lower than most, It could seem like I'm asexual. When really like someone before me said it's more like a sexual "hibernation" and a general indifference to 'just having sex' all the time.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Really? I know some people who are pretty fervent about Jesus...

What makes it so different from any other means of achieving a euphoric state?
The Orgasm.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Because its hot and wet and tight and slippery and sweaty and nasty and raw and HUMAN.

Jesus is to sex as white rice is to a Big Mac.

Yea, maybe one is healthier or more appealing in the long run, but as for the innate qualities...no contest.

Fiddling Lass

Sassy Ace Friend
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
Asexuals are people who aren't sexually attracted to others. Whether or not they have a sex drive has nothing to do with it.

Just so it's clear.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Anytime love.

DogChild

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Challenges? Of what sort?

Intellectually- surprise me, forcing me to get my dictionary out def extra points. Physically- I'm not into "extreme" sports but I love to get tired out. I really enjoy rock climbing, kayaking, cc skiing, horseback riding, hiking, etc. This includes the topic being discussed. :o Emotionally- I do best when "I'm fine" is not accepted as an answer. It's easier for me to inquire on another's state of being than to volunteer my own. And I am not talking an F! They are "sweet" but much tooo much for me. I hope I'm not too off topic but answer the ques.

baj

Local time
-->
Well, I guess I'm partially asexual, since my orientations are impractical. Let's say your only arousal occurred if you could have both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Angelina Jolie at the same time while snowboarding the Alps...on a $500 budget. I'm not say that's what my fixations ARE, but mine are impractical in the general sense that wining the lottery is a good retirement plan. It's such a cluster fuck of improbability and psychological problems that a team of 50 psychiatrists and 20 topologists could not untangle it. You might as well be attracted to cutting diamonds with talc. I am emotionally and physically unavailable. People have tried, but there are far easier ways to get sex than try to get me involved, and for a 4" penis...is it really worth it?

Edit: Also, more than one girl has told me going out with me was like going out with a trappist monk, so if you are into trappist monks with a small penis...and you look a certain way...and you are into guys twice your age...maybe drop me a line.

Of course, although this is factual, I'll go out with people. I've been less picky. I even went out with fat chicks. But either I'm unattracted or they are out of my league. I wonder if could actually even get attracted to someone I could actually have.

Mortdecai

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
Sometimes in Asgard, sometimes in Vulcan.
Well, I suppose I'm an asexual...

I've spent a lot of time exploring my sexuality to find out how I truly feel about it.

At the end of it all, I found that I don't really care if I'm "getting laid" or not. Pornography does not have any effect in me, it actually makes me frown/laugh because everyone seem so ridiculous in those videos. It looks like a mess of limbs and fluids to me.

When I think someone is attractive, it's purely for the sake of beauty, "fucking" the person in question is not something that comes to my mind.

But sex in itself doen't alarm me. If one day I love someone at the point of marrying them, I will see no problem in having sex mainly to please my partner or to reproduce. But I'd rather go watch a movie/go to a museum/play a game/go to a crazy adventure with them than fuck all weekend.

nebulasparks

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
i actually searched for "are intps assexual" bc im always concerned by it, people seem to forget that these people exist. i don't think im assexual at all, but im certainly less sexual than average. its like.. i just don't care about it?? i could live without it. but what's funny is that i think about it a lot, i jut don't have that physical pleasure. what's very puzzling is that idk if that's my mind or my body but something is wrong. and im sure im just concerned by this bc of the pressure. i just wanna be normal, you know? i don't think there's a direct connection with your type and sexual life but maybe intps just don't care about that?? anyways, who knows.
hey guys im a time traveler. it's 2020 already i cant believe how fast it passed..

Top Bottom