• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Any Weird habits?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
I was thinking of a few habits I have/had:
- I hold my breath when walking past someone, I guess I like to suppress my presence.
-I regularly hold my breath and stop moving to decrease my heart rate (It isn't even high!)
-When walking on paths, I always pick the farthest side from the road to avoid fumes and get closer to vegetation, like trees. Accessing that fresh oxygen and less co2.
-I used to walk in the middle of the road in residential areas, since I can't see around corners and thought about monsters when I was young being in the middle of the road gave me the most distance from an attacker.
-I always had an issue with tying my laces until a year ago, so I wrap my laces around my ankles twice (with boots) and do two knots. Boom, progress baby.
-I used to buy fresh socks when I was hungover, honestly it feels similar to the mental refresh you get from a shower. Try it out sometime.
-As a kid I had problems swallowing meat so I'd chew it until it became like tarmac, as a result me being 5 would ask for a "Burger without the meat". All hail the baps.

Rebis

Local time
-->
More habits:

- I'm not sure about others but roads over here are not like the ones in america, I run across busy roads all the time. I always pay attention to the traffic signs given to cars as there's a delay between the red sign for cars and the green man for pedestrians. It's legitimately a delay of a second.
-Calculating nutritional macros, particularly protein and fats. I'll think about my diet and be like "Oh, you're missing sodium to stabilize all the sodium you're eating, which you need for protein formation"
"You've had a lot of sugar, should eat a pepper for that crazy vitamin C."
"You're a bit mentally groggy today, maybe some choline should do the trick"

-I sometimes sing random rhymes I've just created walking back from somewhere, only in places where there isn't people passing by .

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 12:17 AM
-->
- I hold my breath when walking past someone, I guess I like to suppress my presence.
-I regularly hold my breath and stop moving to decrease my heart rate (It isn't even high!)

I used to do this too but now I mostly drown out external sound with music or audiobooks. I have hypersensitivity to noise compared to most I know.

My weird habits:
-Eating unsweetened dark cocoa powder + a touch of almondmilk when tea or coffee doesn't wake me up instantly (something about the bitterness gets me focused) and reduces the overall amount of caffeine reliance

-Eating nut butter straight from the jar - This is an art form in itself to eat single spoonfuls at a time and not eat like half the jar. D15C1PL1NE

Can't really think of anything else atm

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Oh another one is forgetting where my phone is when I actually am holding it in my hand, or it is in my pocket.

Rebis

Local time
-->

I used to do this too but now I mostly drown out external sound with music or audiobooks. I have hypersensitivity to noise compared to most I know.

My weird habits:
-Eating unsweetened dark cocoa powder + a touch of almondmilk when tea or coffee doesn't wake me up instantly (something about the bitterness gets me focused) and reduces the overall amount of caffeine reliance

-Eating nut butter straight from the jar - This is an art form in itself to eat single spoonfuls at a time and not eat like half the jar. D15C1PL1NE

Can't really think of anything else atm

I used to eat ice cream in the morning, sugar is immediate energy, the shock factor from the cold wakes you up instantly and it tastes good. Try it sometime, trust me it's good. I used it for nights where I was eating into my sleep only resting 5 hours a night, busy times.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Another bad habit: Knocking over the glass of water I bring to bed, happens at least twice a week. That's what I get for having noodle arms lol

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I used to eat ice cream in the morning, sugar is immediate energy, the shock factor from the cold wakes you up instantly and it tastes good. Try it sometime, trust me it's good. I used it for nights where I was eating into my sleep only resting 5 hours a night, busy times.

Can't tell if this is a joke or terrible advice for someone with a ketogenic lifestyle

Tenacity

Local time
-->
That's what I get for having noodle arms lol

You're probably one of those perma-high metabolism dudes aren't you

How you can have sugar in that manner... I guess it would work more at night for insomnia, but still not ideal for me at all lol

I sing in the shower but that's not that weird is it

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Yesterday 11:17 PM
-->
after having a job as a cashier I now treat every social interaction like they are a customer. fake smile, overly friendly, and I cannot for my life stop and it drives me crazy.
I never learned to just go with what someone says in a conversation so i find myself correcting people about shit that really doesnt matter and it annoys all of us.
being told to be quiet makes me unreasonably mad.
yelling sets off the same response in me as physical assault.
when i watch a movie I hold my breath if someone is drowning.
If i stop what im doing there is a 99% chance i wont pick it up until the next day.
I always end up looking in weird places to avoid looking at people bc y not.
I found out that being alone so much has made everyone elses slightly differing techniques in daily tasks irritating.
when im listening to music in my car I roll up my windows at stop lights cus im smol and cant handle a dirty look.
what ever it is that tells your body you are hydrated doesnt function in me, I can literally drink gallons of fluids if I dont pay attention to what i drink. If someone gets food for me and doesnt get a drink it hurts my soul wondering how they made such a decision.
I am obsessively a gud boi, I help whenever I can, and i will pick stuff up other people drop and put it back.
when i pet my dog really rough i grind my teeth. (not a euphemism)
When i play videogames i put myself at maximum disadvantage compulsively
If i study in an area where i can see down a hallway I cant help but look every time someone moves, its irritating and weird
I either sleep 3 hours or 13 inbetween is pain.
I get bored after about 3 minutes
compulsively change my mind about projects, life choices.
when I drive I go into autopilot and feel as if I cannot perceive that im driving, its like someone else is doing all the driving and i cannot even see out the window, even if i focus I cant really pay attention. im a gud driver tho only 1 reckless driving ticket, the cop asked if i was trying to kill someone and i actually laughed

oh and I also have a bad habit of getting off track

Rebis

Local time
-->
That's what I get for having noodle arms lol

You're probably one of those perma-high metabolism dudes aren't you

How you can have sugar in that manner... I guess it would work more at night for insomnia, but still not ideal for me at all lol

I sing in the shower but that's not that weird is it

Not sure about high metabolism, like I'm not skinny without muscle. I look lean, it's just I'm 6 ft 2 and my arms are very long.

Definitely picked up a few pounds of weight from those sleepless nights combined with alcohol.

Rebis

Local time
-->

Can't tell if this is a joke or terrible advice for someone with a ketogenic lifestyle
View attachment 4545

Ah yes that drifted from my mind, I'm sure the ketogenic diet won't be forever, so if it ends and you have a propensity for waking up immediately maybe this thought will drift into your mind.

On the contrary you can get low carb ice cream with sugar alcohols as sweeteners. I particularly like Malitol as it's a great sweetener and doesn't cause tooth decay, and in food such as chocolate as it doesn't melt into a sticky, malformed bar from heat.

Rebis

Local time
-->
after having a job as a cashier I now treat every social interaction like they are a customer. fake smile, overly friendly, and I cannot for my life stop and it drives me crazy.
I never learned to just go with what someone says in a conversation so i find myself correcting people about shit that really doesnt matter and it annoys all of us.
being told to be quiet makes me unreasonably mad.
yelling sets off the same response in me as physical assault.
when i watch a movie I hold my breath if someone is drowning.
If i stop what im doing there is a 99% chance i wont pick it up until the next day.
I always end up looking in weird places to avoid looking at people bc y not.
I found out that being alone so much has made everyone elses slightly differing techniques in daily tasks irritating.
when im listening to music in my car I roll up my windows at stop lights cus im smol and cant handle a dirty look.
what ever it is that tells your body you are hydrated doesnt function in me, I can literally drink gallons of fluids if I dont pay attention to what i drink. If someone gets food for me and doesnt get a drink it hurts my soul wondering how they made such a decision.
I am obsessively a gud boi, I help whenever I can, and i will pick stuff up other people drop and put it back.
when i pet my dog really rough i grind my teeth. (not a euphemism)
When i play videogames i put myself at maximum disadvantage compulsively
If i study in an area where i can see down a hallway I cant help but look every time someone moves, its irritating and weird
I either sleep 3 hours or 13 inbetween is pain.
I get bored after about 3 minutes
compulsively change my mind about projects, life choices.
when I drive I go into autopilot and feel as if I cannot perceive that im driving, its like someone else is doing all the driving and i cannot even see out the window, even if i focus I cant really pay attention. im a gud driver tho only 1 reckless driving ticket, the cop asked if i was trying to kill someone and i actually laughed

oh and I also have a bad habit of getting off track

That is an interesting list of habits my friend.

Forensic1999

Ghost
Local time
Yesterday 9:17 PM
-->
I talk to myself about talking to myself, and then laugh to myself before realizing I'm talking to myself.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I talk to myself about talking to myself, and then laugh to myself before realizing I'm talking to myself.

I do something similar, dialogue goes something like this:

I think of something
"Ha! that's pretty cool actually."
"Nope, that's stupid, stay focused"

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I have hypersensitivity to noise compared to most I know.
same. I'm usually a cool and laidback guy, but noise – like a neighbor doing some shit when I'm trying to sleep – can make me go WILD (there's been some episodes)

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:17 PM
-->
I don't think so #toonormal

Nah, but if someone had a sneak peek into my brain they would probably get scared. I have compulsive thoughts - usually violent or disturbing in other ways. Not sure when these started but I've had them since I was very young. They come and go but in periods, particularly if I'm run down or stressed for whatever reason, these thoughts can become quite distracting and sometimes a bit distressing. If I'm really stressed the thoughts wil manifest as pretty horrible nightmares.

There is one thing, and this is weird because both my 10 years younger sister and I have had these compulsive thoughts independent of each other (we rarely saw each other growing up). The thing that stands out is that we both have some weird thing about not having our wrists exposed, so we both wear our sleeves too long, and neither of us can sleep with our hands hanging outside the doona. My older brother has always had violent nightmares as well. He also covers himself up in excessive clothing because of the exposure thing. He is Aspergers though, so that probably explains some of it.

But we all have weird things about clothing, and we're all hyper sensitive to noise, light, etc, and suffer from allergies/arthritis, etc. I'm somewhat infamous for my tendency to be easily startled, but my mother is off the charts in terms of jumpiness. We are all very musical as well, and we paint/draw. My sis does pottery and she is very talented. The whole family is pretty eccentric when I think about it though. Highly sensitive and prone to getting into trouble (not me - I was the little goody-two-shoes/werewolf in sheeps clothing) We were always the "weirdos" in the neighbourhood.

I dunno about the compulsive thoughts. Suppressed anger? It's certainly not that nice to live with.

Edit: oh yeah, I dissect the food on my plate, to everyone's despair.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

Nah, but if someone had a sneak peek into my brain they would probably get scared. I have compulsive thoughts - usually violent or disturbing in other ways. Not sure when these started but I've had them since I was very young. They come and go but in periods, particularly if I'm run down or stressed for whatever reason, these thoughts can become quite distracting and sometimes a bit distressing. If I'm really stressed the thoughts wil manifest as pretty horrible nightmares.

There is one thing, and this is weird because both my 10 years younger sister and I have had these compulsive thoughts independent of each other (we rarely saw each other growing up). The thing that stands out is that we both have some weird thing about not having our wrists exposed, so we both wear our sleeves too long, and neither of us can sleep with our hands hanging outside the doona. My older brother has always had violent nightmares as well. He also covers himself up in excessive clothing because of the exposure thing. He is Aspergers though, so that probably explains some of it.

But we all have weird things about clothing, and we're all hyper sensitive to noise, light, etc, and suffer from allergies/arthritis, etc. I'm somewhat infamous for my tendency to be easily startled, but my mother is off the charts in terms of jumpiness. We are all very musical as well, and we paint/draw. My sis does pottery and she is very talented. The whole family is pretty eccentric when I think about it though. Highly sensitive and prone to getting into trouble (not me - I was the little goody-two-shoes/werewolf in sheeps clothing) We were always the "weirdos" in the neighbourhood.

I dunno about the compulsive thoughts. Suppressed anger? It's certainly not that nice to live with.

I relate to all of this except the jumpiness

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:17 PM
-->

Interesting because I related to a lot on your list as well (not the driving-by-proxy or dog petting/teeth grinding, but maybe because I have a cat and petting cats just turns you into liquid). Maybe wear a mouth guard next time you pet your dog.

Ergh, we're just normies after all.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

Interesting because I related to a lot on your list as well (not the driving-by-proxy or dog petting/teeth grinding, but maybe because I have a cat and petting cats just turns you into liquid). Maybe wear a mouth guard next time you pet your dog.

Ergh, we're just normies after all.
That is odd, but just think we might be even more similar :o
I actually do relate to the jumpiness is terms of reflexes, if someone moves fast near me I always pull a ninja move. Im pretty sure thats not genetic, childhood abuse has its advantages
Also despite acting like a goody-two-shoes in any group im always immediately considered the wild one.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
only half serious :D

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 7:17 AM
-->
  • I walk up and down talking to myself while thinking.100% easier to think if I'm moving around talking to myself.
  • I like to sleep on the floor, soft beds are uncomfortable.
  • I get involuntary gore flashes (realistic picture-like) of accidents as I walk through production at work. Annoying.
  • I tend to use emoticon be4 sentences to mimic body language.
  • I find it easier and also necessary to talk with ppl in order to help me think about stuff. I use others as a soundboard.

Rebis

Local time
-->

I used to relate with the dongling hand in fear of the boogeyman or someone reaching out. I always slept with the light on as a kid. I also thought of demons/creatures/beings a lot such as walking in the middle of the road, running to lightposts when someone wasn't in my vicinity (demons can't attack if there's someone watching, the laws of horror movies, eh?), I also didn't tidy my room because I had this idea of these beings not being able to phase in my room if there was significant clutter, since the ground was covered it would not fit their dimensions. Probably extrapolated from old ps2 games where the player didn't walk on the ground exactly and hovered above it, yay for invisible floors.

I think the clothing thing is pretty natural, some people like tight clothes others like concealment. I have a strange family too: The mother has OCD it's fucked me up because of how illogical it was, the sister has aspergers and is a transgender tumblerite, dad is a vol-cel, definitely has aspergers and is definitely psychotic. I think this atmosphere, along with my upbringing has made me pretty amoral: I've been around the crazies and the violence. In 99.9% of cases I'm a pretty sane guy given the upbringing. Still eccentric though without the uncomfortable weirdness, what more can you ask for?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->
at certain time i like to touch my bum and smell hand to check if everything is alright. once a classmate caught me on that and called an absolute animal.

Rebis

Local time
-->
at certain time i like to touch my bum and smell hand to check if everything is alright. once a classmate caught me on that and called an absolute animal.

I appreciate your honesty dude, a few weird habits I couldn't spill out here haha.

Rebis

Local time
-->
  • I walk up and down talking to myself while thinking.100% easier to think if I'm moving around talking to myself.
  • I like to sleep on the floor, soft beds are uncomfortable.
  • I get involuntary gore flashes (realistic picture-like) of accidents as I walk through production at work. Annoying.
  • I tend to use emoticon be4 sentences to mimic body language.
  • I find it easier and also necessary to talk with ppl in order to help me think about stuff. I use others as a soundboard.

I walk around a lot when I'm prospecting, I used to do it while brushing my teeth but my sink is in my room now.

I would talk to myself more frequently if I didn't live with 11 people. I don't think floors are too bad, they might help with my sleep problems (I turn over a gazillion times and sleep on my stomach often which isn't good) I imagine you don't turn lying on the floor since the weight distribution is uniform (unless you're like 10, 000kg ;ooo)

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
my shoes have to be tied very tight, socks must be snug, pant legs must be snug, shirt neck must be loose in the font but not a v neck, shoes need to be high top or boots, I cannot leave a drink half empty, I have to fuck up the pages in my book to feel like I own it, I always sit on the edge of the room, when I was younger I always kept my hand over my mouth, I like the cold but I dont like being cold, I always have the car window down no matter how cold it is because I like the wind

for all of you heathens this is how god intended you to make bookmarks:

Attachments

• womololo.png
    womololo.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 336

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Ah yes that drifted from my mind, I'm sure the ketogenic diet won't be forever, so if it ends and you have a propensity for waking up immediately maybe this thought will drift into your mind.
I'm going to resist breaking it for the holidays. If I get over that hurdle I'll be fine doing it until the next set of festivities. I've memorized most nutrition facts/macronutrient ratios so it won't be hard. "Keto flu" is the worst, I've been through it before.

After the holidays I'm definitely not going to be like "Wow I had so much food last night, time to take Rebis' advice and wake myself up with ice cream". Yeahno that would be bizarre. Lol. But sure, when I do have that moment I may think of your message. It'll be a really long time from now though.

I have hypersensitivity to noise compared to most I know.
same. I'm usually a cool and laidback guy, but noise – like a neighbor doing some shit when I'm trying to sleep – can make me go WILD (there's been some episodes)
I envy those who can "sleep like a log". The other night, there were squirrels running around outside my windows. Kept me up, I was cursing to myself because it's not like you can yell at squirrels to stop doing what they're doing, they scramble on, rustling leaves, etc. At least if it was a bunch of kids I could tell them to be quiet. I like squirrels in the daylight, after I've had my tea or coffee, but yeah... I hate disrupted sleep, I used to tolerate it but I can't anymore lol.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I got past hyper-awareness, used to have eyes of a hawk looking and planning when I was gonna communicate with someone, the slow drip from the tap could be heard if I focused on it. Asides from sleeping now I just remain my head when walking about, barely recognise people because I'm not interested in looking for people.

Rebis

Local time
-->
After the holidays I'm definitely not going to be like "Wow I had so much food last night, time to take Rebis' advice and wake myself up with ice cream".

Ice cream is just a solid(or should I say liquid) food. It's unhealthy but it rarely disappoints.

Top Bottom