• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Any other INTP feel that they have developed TiNe and NiTe?

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
Yesterday 11:39 PM
-->
I finally have concluded that I'm INTP. The problem is that I feel like I have a pretty decent NiTe combo going on and well developed TiNe. I found it more efficient to use TiNe because of the tertiary and inferior functions I have are SiFe. My question is should people with this "issue" try to drop the habit of thinking out loud and planning (using NiTe) for mastery in the other functions that are more efficient or use the acquired skill we have for when under stress and we can't seem to finish what we started?

I usually use NiTe after starting stuff I don't want to finish (like homework) anyway but I want to make sure this is the most efficient way to finish doing things I want to give up on. Although, using it too much is exhausting and really pushes me to mental fatigue, it still can be of use for getting good grades in school.

It was really hard to find examples of me using SiFe because was undeveloped or suppressed but I think I am 94% correct about my type thanks to this: http://typeindepth.com/2011/10/question-of-the-day-3/

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
It's funny. NiTe is like this scary voice in my head saying, "get to work bitch!", causing me to stay up all night working hard. As of late I think he shut up because he doesn't want to read those useless summer reading books either.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
NiTe developed after I was convinced by MBTI that I was INTJ. I started acting like one too even though it was exhausting.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 1:39 PM
-->
It's funny. NiTe is like this scary voice in my head saying, "get to work bitch!", causing me to stay up all night working hard. As of late I think he shut up because he doesn't want to read those useless summer reading books either.

I wish this was me... I've been working 15-18 hours a day for 6 weeks now (incl. 5 or so all nighters) and I swear I've got nothing done... Wish I had that voice.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
I wish this was me... I've been working 15-18 hours a day for 6 weeks now (incl. 5 or so all nighters) and I swear I've got nothing done... Wish I had that voice.

what kinda work? thesis?

DIALECTIC

Local time
Today 4:39 AM
-->
I finally have concluded that I'm INTP. The problem is that I feel like I have a pretty decent NiTe combo going on and well developed TiNe. I found it more efficient to use TiNe because of the tertiary and inferior functions I have are SiFe. My question is should people with this "issue" try to drop the habit of thinking out loud and planning (using NiTe) for mastery in the other functions that are more efficient or use the acquired skill we have for when under stress and we can't seem to finish what we started?

I usually use NiTe after starting stuff I don't want to finish (like homework) anyway but I want to make sure this is the most efficient way to finish doing things I want to give up on. Although, using it too much is exhausting and really pushes me to mental fatigue, it still can be of use for getting good grades in school.

It was really hard to find examples of me using SiFe because was undeveloped or suppressed but I think I am 94% correct about my type thanks to this: http://typeindepth.com/2011/10/question-of-the-day-3/

Are you really sure it's not Te Ni (as an ENTJ) and not Ni Te (as an INTJ) ?
INTPs (Ti Ne Si Fe) have more in common with ENTJs (Te Ni Se Fi) than INTJs (Ni Te Fi Se)... We are like the brain and thoughts for the ENTJ and the ENTJ is like our fists and voice !

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
I figure that I am introverted. I never ever try to take the wheel in groups and I hate, going to social gatherings, loud places, reunions, and anything with a lot of people. I've even taken it so far as to deciding not to go to my high school graduation, prom, and whatever other annoying things my mother (ESFJ) wants me to do. I only take the wheel when I need to but even then I don't like directing other people.
I need to go back and really focus on figuring this out :evil:.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
what kinda work? thesis?

Not til next year. Just architorture projects. Very time (read: life) consuming ones.

I wrote that last night as some form of passive venting when I finally got fed up with it. Only one day left though until freedom for a few weeks!

Anyway, back on topic...

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 11:39 AM
-->

Thanks for the link. It seems that my puer and senex models were wrong :( MBTI is indeed a very complex system.

Anyways back on topic, I think I don't yell that much to myself since I'm pretty sure it won't motivate me anyways. I instead imagine the prize that awaits me (Ne) and logically tell myself how to get there (Ti).

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
Not til next year. Just architorture projects. Very time (read: life) consuming ones.

I wrote that last night as some form of passive venting when I finally got fed up with it. Only one day left though until freedom for a few weeks!

Anyway, back on topic...

seems mighty hectic.

weeks? here we get like 3 months off schedule.

you feel like all that studying pays off personally or just a chore?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
seems mighty hectic.

weeks? here we get like 3 months off schedule.

you feel like all that studying pays off personally or just a chore?

It's my calling. Theres nothing i enjoy more. It's only a chore when i have to do some bullshit essay on management or some junk.

I usually try to fit in 3 semesters into a year (yeah we can do that here), so I won't actually be having a proper break until I finish in November 2014.

NB our academic year begins in Feb/Mar, not September like it does for all you northern hemisphere chaps.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Ti and Te are present. Ti is dominant over Te. Two possible reasons for having this function could be because I am left handed and Te is left brain function or because I am surrounded by people who make me do things. The fact that I am completely fine with the subjective indicates Ti is dominant. I simply have some INTJ traits as learned behavior. Ni is not evident and may have been mistaken for the fact that INTPs don't like failing (who does?), which I derived from here:
http://thatintp.tumblr.com/post/19126179962/how-do-intps-deal-with-failure-ones-of-the-complete

I cannot recall any answers coming to me magically without explanation. Thus, I have no evidence of Ni being used in my functional stack. This link also helped in solving the mystery of Ni:
http://personalityjunkie.com/10/introverted-intuition-ni/

With an exception for moments where I extrapolate thoughts out loud, which I suspect to be a Te or Ne trait, my functional stack is quite typical for an INTP.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
It seems I overlooked the second and third page of personality junkie's INTP description. :ahh::facepalm:

This explains extrapolation of thoughts outloud:

INTPs’ Auxiliary Function: Extraverted Intuition (Ne)

INTPs use Extraverted Intuition (Ne) as their auxiliary function. Ne can function either perceptively or expressively. The verbal expression of Ne amounts to something like “brainstorming aloud.” When orating, INTPs may not always seem to “have a point” as they haphazardly drift from one idea to the next. Even ideas that seem inwardly logical and sensible INTPs may suddenly sound incoherent when they attempt to convey them through their Ne.

Now that I have that information, I have also disproved what I have thought to be a well developed extroverted thinking function. I can rest assured now that I know I am INTP.:smoker:

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Trying to separate these traits, Ti vs Te or Ne vs Ni reminds me of trying to ask, am I good or bad?, do I have male or female characteristics?, do I like or dislike someone, etc. My answer is we are both and if our circumstances are such that we want to emphasize one or the other, a change in circumstances will pressure us into taking on the opposite characteristic. There is a yin and yang to these things. If this is true, then why do we deny it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
We have both you right. What I was trying to figure out was which of these functions I preferred over the other, giving me knowledge of my true MBTI type. In my opinion, this is a better predictor of myself than using horoscopes or myself. We may have some female characteristics or male characteristics but when asked whether we are female or male we give what answer we to be true based off what we have more of.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Understanding MTBI and myself can prevent me from choosing careers I won't enjoy. It also helps me understand why people are the way they are, why I don't identify with them, and why I do things like staying inside my room all the time. It may be just a theory but I think it's pretty accurate.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 9:39 PM
-->
It seems I overlooked the second and third page of personality junkie's INTP description. :ahh::facepalm:

This explains extrapolation of thoughts outloud:

Now that I have that information, I have also disproved what I have thought to be a well developed extroverted thinking function. I can rest assured now that I know I am INTP.:smoker:

Yes the way PJ splits up pages is easy to miss. Congrats on figuring out your type, you've just begun.

Top Bottom