• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Antisocial Personality disorder and experience of emotions?

moody

Local time
Today, 12:54
Lately, I've really been fascinated with the experience of emotions and what type of attachments individuals with antisocial personality disorder (aka, a far more appropriate diagnosis of sociopathy) are able to form. I've tried looking up studies about this, but the most promising one so far is the understanding of emotional language amongst ASPD individuals.

What I do know is that these people are not able to empathize with others, which is why there are so many criminals who have a form of ASPD. I also know a little about the neurological findings of socio-and-psychopathy, where there is a portion of the brain that simply does not work (is "missing," as shown on MRI scans). I know that individuals with ASPD don't desire no interaction with others, even if they can be manipulative because they can't empathize/see how it's hurtful.

sushi

Local time
Today, 20:54
some people can empathsize but just not give a damn, others cant because of their brain structure etc. its more due to extremely self centered individualism and screw others for profit.

aspies also cant empathsize to an extent and have trouble with emotion reading, but they were compared with psychopaths and sociopaths

Top Bottom