• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Anonymus warnings

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 6:02 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
What would u do if someone here says he is gonna commit a crime?
It has been happening in Facebook, 4chan, long etc

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 11:02 PM
-->
Situations like that can be delicate. Actions taken can make a situation worse or cause what you intended to prevent, it's why police themselves train in crises negotiation to defuse such situations.

Unless it's something I knew for sure is going to happen and I'd be the only one to stop it, I think it's best to just report / escalate and protect your loved ones.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:02 PM
-->
What would u do if someone here says he is gonna commit a crime?
Ignore them until they're banned.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 2:02 PM
-->
Probably best leave it to the Mods. It's not a good idea to interact with the person since you might get visited by the cops which is at best inconvenient.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:02 AM
-->

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Today 12:02 AM
-->
It doesn't matter, does it? As long as you aren't involved in it(aren't troubled by the after effects), it's none of your business.

Example:
I did xxxxxxxxxx
Answer:...OK, so what? *Leave*

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
Today 6:02 AM
-->
It depends on the seriousness of the crime in question. If I said I had exceeded the legal speed limit while driving, or if someone said they purchases illegal substances (something some people here seem to do regularly) or download a pirated movie, no one would care. I doubt anyone is going to confess to murder or being a child molester, so I don't think serious crimes that I would report are going to come up.

Plus, if someone is engaging in idle expression of anger ("I'm gonna kill that guy if I see him again!") it's probably nothing to worry about.

However, if you truly suspect a serious crime that will have consequences is going to be committed, or if someone is trying to involve you in a serious crime that will cause a lot of harm, I think I would have to do something. Basically, the question I'd ask is how much harm will come of my inaction and how much effect will my action have. You then have to decide what your conscience can live with.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:02 AM
-->
If you don't know who, then what can you do?
Contact the victim, tell them they are in danger.

Top Bottom