• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Amoral behaviour

Rebis

Errors lie upon the river flow
Local time
Today, 19:18
I find myself generally not acting on a moral precedent, I've accepted everyone's personality irrespective of the ugly sides. While I used to become annoyed with people lying, I have exchanged that feeling for analysing why they are lying; are they anxious and perhaps need to be seen as dominant? Do they just want consolation? Is it part of their meta-narrative; are they projecting ideal properties, in order for people recieving that persona to be true, in order for them to be coerced into adapting that persona?

To understand people you must not predicate your understanding on a filter of what you percieve to be good or bad. Reality is just reality, if you do not accept that all possible states can occur then you have an illegitimate perspective on human behaviour. That is not to say you can't be repulsed but accepting that all possible decisions can occur, you don't try to change their behaviour to fit morality.

I'm specifically addressing personal interactions rather than systemic procedure. Of course laws are designed to do what we don't want others to do to us, but what we may want to do to them. Schizophrenics, mentally ill individuals, sociopathic frugal businessesmen, exhibitionistic narcissistics; I speak to all equally, the only modifier is personal interest.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
You and everyone can do whatever they like. We all can exercise our will any way we like. The problem is that it all has consequences.
Lying is kind of problematic and complex issue. Lying isnt always bad.
Lying is survival skill that is necessary for cooperative species like humans to survive.
Concealing your intentions, being able to withold or manipulate the truth is necessary for you to do what you need to do. Parents often tell kids its bad to lie and in as far family dynamics go lying really can be bad. In as far group dynamics go it depends on lot of variables what lie is good or bad.
As for other amoral behaviour like randomly punching people in their face, because they dont like your face.............. that matter has been settled in stonage.

Rebis

Errors lie upon the river flow
Local time
As for other amoral behaviour like randomly punching people in their face, because they dont like your face.............. that matter has been settled in stonage.
I wouldn't say that behaviour's amoral, it's quite immoral to harm someone for a random reason. I think if you understand the function of lying you can see that everyone has a sense of idealism so they will lie to meet the persona they wish to project, I only get annoyed at lies which are specifically designed to manipulate me into changing my view of someone. You have free reign over your personal delusion so lie about yourself if you wish but don't lie about other's events.

Top Bottom