• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Amateur advice wanted

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 8:06 AM
-->
I have manic depressive bipolar.

At times my energy levels are really high.
And at times my energy is really low. (I stay in bed allot)

I only sleep when I need to, not based on a schedule.
I only stay up because I feel I cannot sleep.

General anxiety changes these patterns.
Amplifying or decreasing what I put my energy into.
I could not listen to youtube videos for 2 weeks so anxious.

The Amateur advice I need is: what kind of foods regulate energy levels? Blood circulation and all that. Thanks

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:06 PM
-->
Foods with high glycemic index cause large spikes in blood sugar and subsequently spikes in energy levels. These are obviously foods high in sugar - in particular simple sugars like fructose etc. But also complex sugars like starch (rice, potatoes, etc) although they have a flatter energy profile.

I personally try to minimize both, eating mostly meat and salad.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
  1. ATP is important for energy , every cell has mitochondrias which are identical to your mother mitochondrias, its uses ATP to fuel your cell, the more mitochondrias you have the more energy your cell can burn, but sometime mitochondria function declines which will take your energy best supplement for that is Creatine.
  2. I think your General anxiety which changes your focus might be a symptom of you not being clear with your goals
  3. Caffeine is bad for you, try to get more serotonin in your diet, if you want to supplement it 5 - HTP is good.
  4. You also have hard time getting off bed, your Tyrosine levels might me low its used in our body to make dopamine, Adrenalin and Norepinephrine, your brain needs them.
  5. if you take any SSRI then that might be the whole problem, it makes your foggy and makes you dont want to do anything.
  6. Yoga and running is good for Blood circulation.
  7. Take a balance meal { morning should be more rich in protein and evening you can take carbs and fats }
  8. Any sort of drugs like alcohol will impair your performance in the long term.
  9. Drinking Green Tea instead of coffee will help you with General anxiety.
  10. Meditating Everyday for 10 to 15 mins will help to focus on the day

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
Simple sugars and refined grains are generally bad for energy levels as they cause a rise in blood-sugar levels followed by a plateau, for consistent energy levels you'll want to avoid peaks and trophs. Ingesting slow release carbohydrates (Note: Wheat is the fastest grain to be digested) so you have consistent performance during the day. You can reduce blood-sugar levels if they're high by exercising to prevent this crash: If you were so inclined to consume some sugary treat you could do this after some form of post-work out treat. The purpose of avoiding refined grains is fibre in lost in the milling process which slows digestion, therefore a lower gylcemic index, better carbohydrate absorption and less blood-sugar spikes.

1. ATP is important for energy , every cell has mitochondrias which are identical to your mother mitochondrias, its uses ATP to fuel your cell, the more mitochondrias you have the more energy your cell can burn, but sometime mitochondria function declines which will take your energy best supplement for that is Creatine.
  2. I think your General anxiety which changes your focus might be a symptom of you not being clear with your goals
  3. Caffeine is bad for you, try to get more serotonin in your diet, if you want to supplement it 5 - HTP is good.
  4. You also have hard time getting off bed, your Tyrosine levels might me low its used in our body to make dopamine, Adrenalin and Norepinephrine, your brain needs them.
  5. if you take any SSRI then that might be the whole problem, it makes your foggy and makes you dont want to do anything.
  6. Yoga and running is good for Blood circulation.
  7. Take a balance meal { morning should be more rich in protein and evening you can take carbs and fats }
  8. Any sort of drugs like alcohol will impair your performance in the long term.
  9. Drinking Green Tea instead of coffee will help you with General anxiety.
  10. Meditating Everyday for 10 to 15 mins will help to focus on the day

A few of these points aren't suitable to the context we're given. AnimeKitty said they had bipolar. Consuming 5HTP with a drug that inhibits serotonin reuptake is very likely to lead to serotonin syndrome, which with no exaggeration is fatal. The reason SSRIs are effective for bipolar people is because it doesn't add more serotonin into the system, it just restricts the reuptake to the rest of the body which avoids acute toxicity when they experience the mania component of bipolar.

Secondly, Given people with mania often have increased elevation of dopamine in the brain consuming tyrosine frequently would be flooding the brain with dopamine, which over time would close dopaminergic receptors decreasing the elevative potential of dopamine consumption. A natural release of dopamine in the system allows the body to regulate itself.

Your circadian rhythm needs to be consistent: if you ingest a lot of caffeine you need to understand the half-life of caffeine to plan when it'll wear off which will give you a timestamp of when you should stop consuming it. You should slowly move your sleep back half an hour each night if you can until it fits a natural time such as 11pm.

Fundamentally you need to learn self-control. I don't feel tired at all when I go to bed but I put myself to sleep. I use L-theanine, I work-out before sleep to reduce my heart rate, relax respiration and release anandamide. You need to try and control yourself, mind over body, particularly with bipolar disorder.

1. Strenuous exercise.
2. Consume foods that sit low in the glycemic index.
3. Additionally, Consume foods low in saturated fats since they take too long to ingest, if you've taken a meal as a result of being hungry fats will take longer to digest.
4. Ignore taking chemicals given your condition. They can be taken at your disgression after you accrue foundational habits like working out, self-control (with sugars, consistent-sleep routine and foods). Order some L-theanine off of amazon, that's the compound in green tea that relaxes you (besides antioxidants).

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
i did not said take 5 HTP with SSRI.
SSRI clogs your brain because there is more serotonin in the synapse as time passes new thoughts stop making larger neural connections

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
Secondly, Given people with mania often have increased elevation of dopamine in the brain consuming tyrosine frequently would be flooding the brain with dopamine, which over time would close dopaminergic receptors decreasing the elevative potential of dopamine consumption. A natural release of dopamine in the system allows the body to regulate itself.
tyrosine may support to make dopamine but it does not put it in the synapse, taking it will make sure that you have a good amount when you need it in your synapse . as i read above there are also complains about not being able to get out of bed.
but i see your point if you dont have self control then there will be more in the synapse and hence what you said would become true

Rebis

Local time
-->
i did not said take 5 HTP with SSRI.
SSRI clogs your brain because there is more serotonin in the synapse as time passes new thoughts stop making larger neural connections

I think they've said they take SSRIs though it's to be expected given bipolar disorder, they can clarify if that's the case. In general any proxy for serotonin (5HTP, Tryptamine, SSRIs) reduce connectivity and activity in most regions with an increase in the cerebellum. The hippocampal region is reduced while decision making, fluid language processing (besides wernicke's area) is increased.

SSRIs on neural connectivity: https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(14)01037-9

Rebis

Local time
-->
tyrosine may support to make dopamine but it does not put it in the synapse, taking it will make sure that you have a good amount when you need it in your synapse . as i read above there are also complains about not being able to get out of bed.
but i see your point if you dont have self control then there will be more in the synapse and hence what you said would become true

I believe Tyrosine is the dominant catecholamine that fights for competition with MAO to be metabolised into it's functional biological component, so we can assume that tyrosine will have a big footprint, it is a precursor of dopamine (1 of 2 along with phenylalanine)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective, bipolar being inside that.

I think they've said they take SSRIs though it's to be expected given bipolar disorder, they can clarify if that's the case.

Meds I am currently taken.

---
risperidone (Antipsychotic)
It can treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and irritability caused by autism.

escitalopram (Lexapro)
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI)
It can treat depression and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
---

benztropine mesylate (Anti-Tremor)
It can treat Parkinson's disease and side effects of other drugs.

atorvastatin (Lipitor) Statin
It can treat high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. This may reduce the risk of angina, stroke, heart attack, and heart and blood vessel problems.

levothyroxine sodium (Hormone)
It can treat hypothyroidism. It can also treat an enlarged thyroid gland and thyroid cancer.

lithium carbonate
Lithium carbonate is an inorganic compound, the lithium salt of carbonate with the formula Li ₂CO ₃. This white salt is widely used in the processing of metal oxides and treatment of mood disorders.

gabapentin
Nerve pain medication and anticonvulsant
It can treat seizures and pain caused by shingles.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I have anxiety. Anxiety is a survival mechanism in the amygdala and the frontal lobes. I felt a burning sensation once in the right frontal lobes. Now I get a wandering sensation. I follow the sensation like a bumblebee. But I never reach it or captor it.

Anxiety arises from being unable to escape. It is working with few options. In me, it feels like an inner contortion. Being pulled by too many options. Having no option means you become desperate. Having delusions could be the result of creating imaginary options.

I really did have a dark night and the only way I got through it was to believe weird things. Fear made me see meaning in certain things. I did my best to cope but I had to believe something. I keep these beliefs as patterns. I believe my thoughts can control reality to an extent.

One option of anxiety is to become another person (method acting but involuntary).
The mind can be broken down in many ways. Becoming another person is a coping mechanism when you cannot solve the original problem. I did this because I was trying to relieve stress.

The amygdala is a powerful part of the brain. What goes through it is the first response to the outside world. But you must control it rather than it control you.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 10:06 PM
-->
I have anxiety. Anxiety is a survival mechanism in the amygdala and the frontal lobes. I felt a burning sensation once in the right frontal lobes. Now I get a wandering sensation. I follow the sensation like a bumblebee. But I never reach it or captor it.

Anxiety arises from being unable to escape. It is working with few options. In me, it feels like an inner contortion. Being pulled by too many options. Having no option means you become desperate. Having delusions could be the result of creating imaginary options.

I really did have a dark night and the only way I got through it was to believe weird things. Fear made me see meaning in certain things. I did my best to cope but I had to believe something. I keep these beliefs as patterns. I believe my thoughts can control reality to an extent.

One option of anxiety is to become another person (method acting but involuntary).
The mind can be broken down in many ways. Becoming another person is a coping mechanism when you cannot solve the original problem. I did this because I was trying to relieve stress.

The amygdala is a powerful part of the brain. What goes through it is the first response to the outside world. But you must control it rather than it control you.
Try a ketogenic diet. I'm told it helps as using ketones as fuel clears up the brain. I'm trying out a ketogenic diet too and I suffer from delusional disorder, depression and anxiety.

Rebis

Local time
-->

Try a ketogenic diet. I'm told it helps as using ketones as fuel clears up the brain. I'm trying out a ketogenic diet too and I suffer from delusional disorder, depression and anxiety.
Ketones help in very specific cases in regards to cognition. Having said that, they can be useful for a pseudo-fast.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
Can you share some of the weird things you believed to get through the night.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Can you share some of the weird things you believed to get through the night.

I had a mother dragon protecting me. Flying in the room. I invented a new form I quantum physics that remembers the soul through transcription. I promised to give it all up that I would get it all back.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
I had a mother dragon protecting me
If you pull a more abstract framework which is beyond our current understanding of existence and reality, I think it will help you more because after the night is over or some time in future when you are feeling more like yourself, you might get overwhelming feelings about the things you did to get through the night like seeing a mother dragon.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
Do you fear death / non existence of your being?

I believe the soul is eternal.
I am afraid of ending up in the wrong place.
I think that too and I think our bodies are just like antennas tuning into this world and the signal that we are is actually everywhere, you con see the signal divided into pieces or you could see that that they all are just a single signal
Like a linear equation with infinite solutions but the equation remains the same

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I think that it has been 5 days where I slept more than I have been awake. So sleep all day and all night. So this must mean I was not getting enough rem cycles. Rest is produced by rem cycles. And dreams. Plus lying in bed is a bad habit and so hard to get over. Because you can't do any activities because your tired but sleep gives you no energy and so you feel you need more. This has happened to me so many times. Lack of Rem knocks me off-kilter. But it comes for you just cause you never know how to sleep properly. Nebulous has experienced the same thing. Tiredness all the time.

But it is not completely about sleep. I just need to be doing activities that do not tax me out too much. My brain/body becomes wobbly and I cannot stabilize it without the right activity in place. I am generalizing when I say stabilizing is what I need. It is not about inner ear balance. But it is about coordination internally and externally.

This is how I think the brain works.
coordination of release and suppression of energy.
(through coordination reset the system to stabilize better)
stabilize in relation to other stabilized systems.

The balance between inside and outside.

Those right activities should keep my inside balance with itself get stronger. I force myself to do things that drain me because of my perception of self-worth. I had strong self-worth but because it was so strong I never asked for help. When I graduated HS nothing mattered anymore. No reason to do anything in life. I wanted to do stuff but couldn't. Doing nothing sucks. I forced myself to do things way too stressful for me. That is how I got this way where anxiety was constant. Now simple things to me are too hard.

I need to even myself out when it comes to anxiety. That means easing up on the tension. Go at an even pace. I can give up on things that do not matter so much as I think they do.

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
I think that it has been 5 days where I slept more than I have been awake. So sleep all day and all night. So this must mean I was not getting enough rem cycles. Rest is produced by rem cycles. And dreams. Plus lying in bed is a bad habit and so hard to get over. Because you can't do any activities because your tired but sleep gives you no energy and so you feel you need more. This has happened to me so many times. Lack of Rem knocks me off-kilter. But it comes for you just cause you never know how to sleep properly. Nebulous has experienced the same thing. Tiredness all the time.

But it is not completely about sleep. I just need to be doing activities that do not tax me out too much. My brain/body becomes wobbly and I cannot stabilize it without the right activity in place. I am generalizing when I say stabilizing is what I need. It is not about inner ear balance. But it is about coordination internally and externally.

This is how I think the brain works.
coordination of release and suppression of energy.
(through coordination reset the system to stabilize better)
stabilize in relation to other stabilized systems.

The balance between inside and outside.

Those right activities should keep my inside balance with itself get stronger. I force myself to do things that drain me because of my perception of self-worth. I had strong self-worth but because it was so strong I never asked for help. When I graduated HS nothing mattered anymore. No reason to do anything in life. I wanted to do stuff but couldn't. Doing nothing sucks. I forced myself to do things way too stressful for me. That is how I got this way where anxiety was constant. Now simple things to me are too hard.

I need to even myself out when it comes to anxiety. That means easing up on the tension. Go at an even pace. I can give up on things that do not matter so much as I think they do.
i think you worry too much

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
-->
i have a model of reality that allows me to clear out things when i find myself in multiple realities ( superposition )

Top Bottom