• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Am I the only INTP here?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
AK is INFP or INTP.
Adaire is one. Maybe Kuu. Architect was an archetype of one, Jennyw0cky; etc, and some who no longer post. RB, I'm not sure. Probably not ENTJ, I think he is INTP (like Bronto)
Sort of thought Serac was J but maybe he's P.
And a fledgling amount of newer posters who seem to be a younger bunch come off as INTPs (those with under 200-160 posts).
Other people might come to INTP related forums anticipating deep, intellectual conversation or stimulation, or answers. Others may have been mistyped and stick around.

INTPs are supposed to interested in the truth. So far I've seen very little logical reasoning, mostly just complaining to see yourself type, as to why something should be improved or why things are the way they are. Just because something is "the opposite" doesn't mean it's the correct solution or explanation.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
-->
individuation regarding the functions

At first, you have one function which is all 4 as one function.
()

The first function to individuate decides to be introvert or extrovert, perception or judgment. The other three are one indistinguished function.
(Ji)()

The second function individuates, the two functions are J and P but not singularly identified with (T or F)(N or S) the last two are undistinguished.
(Ji)(Pe)()

The last two functions individuate and a type is fully formed.
(Ti)(Ne)(Si)(Fe)

Functions (T F S N) emergence from the conscious and the unconscious taking on a defined role. The functions must be separated out from blob that is the unconscious. The first to be separated is J or P. If J is selected then T or F can be selected, then I or E. - After the first function what other functions come next is more systematically restricted. The first two functions determine the last two. Because of the push and pull of the psyche, function structure must be symmetric to be fully individuated.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 6:16 PM
-->
Yes, you are the only INTP here posting.

All the other TRUE INTPs are following their nature and just lurking, never posting. Observing.

Curlijessi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Um.. but there was no deep intelectual question to ponder. So how can I give a deep answer to a statement. And yes I have some deep thought in there. You just have to ask the right question. I have found my truths. I am no longer seeking the deep truths. I just like to pick out patterns and mostly related to health and biology and Christianity. So I guess im in thw worng place too because I dont see too many posts on those topics. I dont need to prove myself. I know myself.

Deleted member 1424

No one ever seems to doubt my intpness. It's given me a complex, I want to forlornly wonder and waver over my true type too! So I've decided I must be a very confused ENFJ. It makes sense too, because I'm a virgo. Earth signs represent!

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
-->
I'm deeply wounded that I wasn't even mentioned in this thread.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 7:16 AM
-->
Type is ultimately a descriptor mumbo jumbo anyway. I don't remember the last time I believed in the order of the cognitive functions. I think we can only know what type we are through real life observations- typing via text is extremely volatile and hardly conclusive.

The last time I took a real MBTI test I turned out to be an INTJ..

Hmm I think I'm going to take another online test since I haven't in a while.

Edit: and volia, I'm ESFP this time, yay! The complete opposite of an INTJ mind you, haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-013314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-013314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_20190317-013328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-013328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 391

sadintp

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:16 PM
-->
It's hard for an intp to be motivated to talk to people , even if it's on the net , that's why you see less intps than any other type , plus as you said , it's always cooler to read someone else's answers and think about them than actually engagin a conversation which is going to lead you to the same absolute question that noone has answer for as those questions are the ones breaking the sanity of intps, those are my thoughts , probably wrong tho.

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
-->
--are there any INTPs here
--lists most of the active users as being INTP

I personally reject and fight against logic, as an ENFP. If I see a tinsy winsy bit of logic in what someone says, I shut that shit down with my superior emotional skills. Pew pew (that's the sound of emotions clouding your vision and making you dumb). On the death of me, I'll never acknowledge logic. Shush, go away

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
No one ever seems to doubt my intpness. It's given me a complex, I want to forlornly wonder and waver over my true type too! So I've decided I must be a very confused ENFJ. It makes sense too, because I'm a virgo. Earth signs represent!
I used to doubt it. I thought maybe you were an ESTJ, because the Si-Ne might be apparent, except INTP has those functions as well. From what I can recall, you're kind of like Fukyo in terms of personality. You could be a confused type of ENFJ, but it just doesn't seem like you're Fe dominant.
I'm actually a water sign - scorpio. Water+Ground are good together in terms of friendship because of growth potential and compatibility. Fire signs use ground for what they want to do, and there's little room for what both people like. Air and ground are also kind of opposite. Also in terms of zodiac, water and fire signs could work but of course they put each other out. The fire sign could be more energetic until the water "drains them of their energy". The water could be even too calm for some fire signs sometimes. I'm not saying one sign's element is more important than others; etc, just that everything is sort of "intimately connected". It would appear as if certain things exist just so that other stuff can.

Deleted member 1424

I don't think you read me sarcastically enough Pizzabreak.

sadintp

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I used to doubt it. I thought maybe you were an ESTJ, because the Si-Ne might be apparent, except INTP has those functions as well. From what I can recall, you're kind of like Fukyo in terms of personality. You could be a confused type of ENFJ, but it just doesn't seem like you're Fe dominant.
I'm actually a water sign - scorpio. Water+Ground are good together in terms of friendship because of growth potential and compatibility. Fire signs use ground for what they want to do, and there's little room for what both people like. Air and ground are also kind of opposite. Also in terms of zodiac, water and fire signs could work but of course they put each other out. The fire sign could be more energetic until the water "drains them of their energy". The water could be even too calm for some fire signs sometimes. I'm not saying one sign's element is more important than others; etc, just that everything is sort of "intimately connected". It would appear as if certain things exist just so that other stuff can.

Xdoubt about the airbender theory , still you guys bealive so ?

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Xdoubt about the airbender theory , still you guys bealive so ?

I do.
remember that song despacito by justin bieber

Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee - Despacito (Remix) (Official Audio) ft. Justin Bieber

muie las bonyo la grande luchadoor spanish

me es santo de spiritos

speak tongs si espanyoel tress porfavore

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Water-ground has got a 4X weakness to grass tho.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Not as bad as grass-psychic which is weak against fire, ice, dark, flying, bug, poison, and ghost, although resistant to fighting and psychic (as well as grass, water, electric, and ground). Water-ground resists electric at least, and the water neutralizes ice super effective damage to ground. I don’t really like the new fairy type they introduced that much. I didn’t really keep up with the new Pokémon games after spending like 350+ hours on two separate saves of Gen IV and not having anyone to play with. I was so busy doing that I basically missed out on Black & White and B & W 2, so I couldn’t transfer my Pokémon over to X & Y (I chose X). I might start Pokémon Go soon and see what that gives me or where it takes me. In any case Venasaur would be the biggest issue in a case such as this. I think one of my trusty bird Pokémon could help out there. Go... Staraptor! Or Articuno!

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Air is the transparent space fabric.
eath particles clump but do not move on there own
water particles can move by themselves
motion creates tachyon fire particles
this creates fire and spaces time warps
water particles do not want to change velocity so seen out tachyons to warp space
earth particles send tachyons in symmetric patterns, water is asymmetric
tachyon can travel any place on the fabric without traversing space
water learns how to not freeze and not evaporate by adjusting where it sends tachyons so they will stay still
this push and pull creates ever ore balance
water is the mediator
green is the result

nothing is lost
God just moves us around so we will be in harmony with each other.
Closer and closer to zen
Always moving not too fast not too slow

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Oh true, Swampert was a beast as a water/ground type. Especially in the competitive scene.

Pokemon Go is pretty fun. If you liked pokemon but wern’t super serious about it, you’ll enjoy it.

I also took a multi-gen break from Silver - > X and Y. Main series hasn’t really done anything spectacular. It’s still pokemon and they’re following their formulae. The Switch’s “Let’s Go” version was a lot more interesting in comparison. I enjoyed it more.

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
Today 5:16 PM
-->
Nerds. :cat:

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Air is the transparent space fabric.
eath particles clump but do not move on there own
water particles can move by themselves
motion creates tachyon fire particles
this creates fire and spaces time warps
water particles do not want to change velocity so seen out tachyons to warp space
earth particles send tachyons in symmetric patterns, water is asymmetric
tachyon can travel any place on the fabric without traversing space
water learns how to not freeze and not evaporate by adjusting where it sends tachyons so they will stay still
this push and pull creates ever ore balance
water is the mediator
green is the result

nothing is lost
God just moves us around so we will be in harmony with each other.
Closer and closer to zen
Always moving not too fast not too slow
Everything is one by means of the elements relating to one another. Air is actually a layer of molecules, usually a gas, the lack of which is technically a vacuum, then there are quantum vacuums in true void. Vibrations can be transmitted through the different mediums. The elements are related in quality and convert into one another, thus it is basically all one. Bodies are considered a lower level, then, and decompose into the elements again. Tachyons create any stability in a world.
Heat is just movement and molecules vibrating increasingly faster. Mass warps spacetime. Water and Earth are both alike in terms of metamorphosis. Water is the only liquid less dense as a solid than a liquid, so it floats as ice and is a/the symbol for dark/void, making life possible as birth. The angel that spoke to the man drowning could have been the wind. Some Gods are said to come to you like the wind, making you shutter.
Ground doesn't affect air/wind, in which thunder is super effective against it. Flying also beats fighting, although it's also weak to ice. In Moby Dick when Pip fell overboard, he saw strange alien forms as he sank, probably some conscious filling in blanks, in a near death, spiritual kind of experience. It represented a truly other. God's Glory, the shechinah, came to Ezekiel as a four faced animal carriage descending. The "carriage" is described as a spirit vehicle, the merkava. The ofanim or "wheels" were more like portals, as the cheruvim were two angel like entities guarding the throne, or seat/access to God.
All those elements are really just the anima, presence of life I suppose, or "animation". Out of Fire and Earth (active/passive) everything can be obtained. The anima co-exists with light and dark mana, or Divine and Void. It's set up so that Anima has more presence than Light, Void gets driven out by Light, and that Void exercises a more depressive presence over Anima. So everything is "one". It's similar to how in a weapons battle a sword might be more effective against an axe, although you'd want to use a spear against a swordfighter, and then an axe might be a good weapon to use against a spear-wielder.
Ryu is like wind, wandering from place to place. If the Earth were alive, it would want some kind of balance or truth. If people emit vibes or auras then all is transmitted through the wind, given some time. You hear actions and reactions. The Earth is like a turtle shell, stacked on other turtles backs for infinite, and with birds such as doves flying around above it. That's also similar to Noah and the Ark, or Moby Dick. The Pequod is the Earth and we are the crew. Moby Dick wrecks the ship at the end and they all die, except for Ishmael who was rescued by the Rachael who was searching for her own shipwrecked mates after the thrashing. If we don't take care of the planet or climate change or asteroid/comet impacts, the same could happen to us.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I don't think you read me sarcastically enough Pizzabreak.
Maybe you're too smart for me. If someone had more friends they'd understand how people operate.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

moody

Local time
-->
Huh. Funny. I didn’t think you were a P, @Pizzabeak. I am an INTP. Some people say I am a perfect example of one, and others sometimes say, “are you sure? You seem pretty judge-ey to me.”
I do see your point though, and discussions do tend to be more casual (with various unhelpful comments that don’t always address anything) than they were a few years ago (I didn’t have an account years ago, but I read discussion posts here sometimes).
I think it’s a result of the forum gaining more popularity outside a concentrated group (INTPs who newly discovered the MBTI and found it interesting) to more “mainstream” types of people like you just described. Which can cause INTPs to start to loose interest when it’s not attracting as much of the specific type of discussions they want to have anymore. There’s still definitely people who have good things to say; buuuut there’s is also DEFINITELY more topic deviations within the same threads, and threads about things I wonder why anyone would want to waste their time typing.

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
-->
Just because the INTPs here don't seem like your regular INTPs doesn't mean they're not. Our personality type might be INTP but we're all people and we're all different. Our "essence" (by lack of a better word) might be similar since we're INTPs, but that doesn't mean we all must have the same habits or same train of thought or the same way of thinking. I like to rationalize everything because it gives me peace of mind, but at the same time I wonder if my irrationalization is indeed just me rationalizing it. That sounds weird and completely nonsensical, but what I mean is, don't treat everybody as merely types walking down streets, posting on this forum. We're people and you should factor that in. We belong to the INTP personality type but that doesn't mean our way of being correlates 100% to the definition and analyzing of the INTP personality type. We might just fit there by 60%. Who knows ?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

lightfire

Local time
Today 5:16 PM
-->
This might be off topic, but I'm starting to wonder if there even is such thing as a true rational human being. I hear INTP types talk about how rational they are, but I don't think so. Humans are not rational, there are varying degrees, but we are not rational people.

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
-->
This might be off topic, but I'm starting to wonder if there even is such thing as a true rational human being. I hear INTP types talk about how rational they are, but I don't think so. Humans are not rational, there are varying degrees, but we are not rational people.
Totally agree... I think there is no such thing as rational people. In situations where we must act quickly or where we're in shock, it's our emotional side that answers first. Therefore, our reflexes are not based on rationality and thinking through everything before the action, but it is our emotions and the subjectivity of our thoughts that drive us.
As much as we like taking pride in our rationality and as much as we would like actually BEING rational, I don't believe that is inherently possible. (but in the end all beliefs are merely indoctrinations)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Tomorrow 5:16 AM
-->
I keep on doubting it. I tried squeezing myself into an ISTP forum and they very much didn't think I was one of them. I could be ENTP, a shy one.

These tests just asks how one should respond to a certain situation whether it is emotionally or rationally. Everyone feels but a rational would mostly choose to respond rationally even if he/she/it/they could not.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
MBTI measures behavior along 4 dimensions. One could argue it captures 4 quite important dimensions, but obviously an actual personality has millions of dimensions. So MBTI is a statistical approximation of personality, and its utility depends on the context. And in general, statistics is not science – it's just probabilistic description and prediction.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
MBTI measures behavior along 4 dimensions. One could argue it captures 4 quite important dimensions, but obviously an actual personality has millions of dimensions. So MBTI is a statistical approximation of personality, and its utility depends on the context. And in general, statistics is not science – it's just probabilistic description and prediction.
Not really. Just because you aren't INTP, and are here posting, doesn't mean your little abstract disproves anything. We all then know you're really only here to prey on any female INTPs that might be wandering around. You aren't as smart as you think you are. Thanks for the factoids.
It also doesn't mean, no matter how hard you try to stress it, that your type is ultimately determined by the cumulative cognitive processes you go for. You're still basically whatever type you are, no matter how hard people try to provoke Fe out of an INTP. It doesn't turn them into ENTP, INFP, ISTP, ISFJ, ENFP, or anything else.
Hadoblado is INFJ. Why is he here? Did he think he was INTP because Fe-Ti? Possibly. Same with you and Cog, probable INTJs. Even if you are INTP there's nothing, apparently, wrong with wanting to talk. Its utility doesn't really depend on the context. Its context is quite universal. Every "dimension" is utilized by the functions already.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Pizza, stop taking so much drugs. Your brains have turned into mush.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Pizza, stop taking so much drugs. Your brains have turned into mush.
Yeah fucking right.
Nice deconstruction of my argument, cunt. (Justified insult to defend against your "unjustified" one)
Ooh, I know! Strawman fallacy+ad hominem, retard. Whose brains are mush now?
Thanks for those little factoids (sarcasm).
Stop eating so much pizza, silly. Your point must have went over my head because "I have no idea what you're talking about."
And everything is a drug. Stop eating so much food, stop breathing so much air. Fructose is healthier than refined sugars, yet, stop eating so much fruit because it's just as much a drug as anything else, even love.
So what, you think I smoke too much? Dude, shut the fuck up.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I'm an INTP.

D:::::::::::::::::::::

Top Bottom