• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Am I on the autism spectrum?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
Hundreds of Types of Autism: self-regulation.

96% of genes are additive. 1000+ genes involved. No more than 1% influence.

Translating ASD Genetic Findings into Therapy: Searching for Convergence - Daniel Geschwind, MD PhD

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
I just need the right thing to say.
And everything I say comes from my feelings.
Your feelings are based on your perceptions, your interpretation of reality. Human interpretations of reality are not always right. Different people have different ways of perceiving reality. So what makes sense to you, won't make sense to someone else, if their understanding of reality would lead them to a different conclusion. Then you are likely to be misunderstood.

If you have anxiety or depression, then you have a warped perception of reality (as a healthy perception is not diagnosed as anxiety or depression, but a valid response to the situation). So your likelihood of being misunderstood is then magnified many times.

Instead, you can give correct answers, by focussing on what is OBJECTIVE. What is objective, is anything that will be the same for all people, i.e. all the possible ways to look on the same situation. Then your answers will always be understood the same way by everyone, and so your answers will always be understood the same way you meant them. Then, as long as your answers are also based on objective facts, your answers will always be "right", and everyone will understand you correctly, and so you will always have answers that are right.

It may take a bit of time, a few days/weeks, to get used to this new way of thinking and communicating. But the reward of being understood by others, for every day of the 365 days of the year for every year of the rest of your life, should be well worth the few days/weeks of learning a new skill.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Your feelings are based on your perceptions, your interpretation of reality. Human interpretations of reality are not always right. Different people have different ways of perceiving reality. So what makes sense to you, won't make sense to someone else, if their understanding of reality would lead them to a different conclusion. Then you are likely to be misunderstood.

Instead, you can give correct answers, by focussing on what is OBJECTIVE. What is objective, is anything that will be the same for all people, i.e. all the possible ways to look on the same situation. Then your answers will always be understood the same way by everyone, and so your answers will always be understood the same way you meant them. Then, as long as your answers are also based on objective facts, your answers will always be "right", and everyone will understand you correctly, and so you will always have answers that are right.

If other people are not like me, and I am always correct, they will always be incorrect so why bother communicating with people who do not see reality objectively? They will label you a nutcase.

kKMZFRC.jpg

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
If other people are not like me, and I am always correct, they will always be incorrect so why bother communicating with people who do not see reality objectively? They will label you a nutcase.
If other people are not like you, that will not make you always correct. If other people are like you, that will not always make you correct. But if you stick to the things that you and other people can both agree with, then in your eyes and in their eyes, you will always be correct. This can be accomplished by focussing on the objective, even if you are unlike them, as the objective is that which anyone would agree with.

But if you stick to subjective interpretations of reality, then you would often disagree when there's no valid way to prove you are right, because the only reason you are saying those things is because of your subjective viewpoint, not because of any hard facts or solid reasoning.

If you continue to disagree in such a way, when you don't have to, and then complain about how people keep disagreeing with you, then you're liable to be considered a nutcase, because you are making your life unnecessarily harder for no good reason.

So you see, at that point, you're just making yourself miserable, for no benefit, not to yourself, and not to anyone else. Why, when no-one has anything to gain from it, not even you?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
If other people are not like you, that will not make you always correct. If other people are like you, that will not always make you correct. But if you stick to the things that you and other people can both agree with, then in your eyes and in their eyes, you will always be correct. This can be accomplished by focussing on the objective, even if you are unlike them, as the objective is that which anyone would agree with.

How do you know what is objective? Is the Bible objective because everyone believes it? Consensus reality is a bitch.

I am ESFP or INFP - either way my perceptions ARE objective.

But if you stick to subjective interpretations of reality, then you would often disagree when there's no valid way to prove you are right, because the only reason you are saying those things is because of your subjective viewpoint, not because of any hard facts or solid reasoning.

Who says my interpretation is NOT correct? What makes them NOT correct?

The only things that do exist ARE subjective interpretations. That is what language is and has no correspondence with reality other than by my model of the world in my head or your head.

The Bible is all about hard facts so anyone that does not believe it is just getting a subjective view of reality with no solid reasoning behind why it is not. There is no valid reason to disagree, other people are always objectively right and not coming from their own subjective viewpoint.

See what I did?

If you continue to disagree in such a way, when you don't have to, and then complain about how people keep disagreeing with you, then you're liable to be considered a nutcase, because you are making your life unnecessarily harder for no good reason.

Yes, you must believe the Bible because if you disagree you only make yourself miserable and labeled a nutcase. My interpretation of it is only subjective and I should believe everything the objective paster(s) say.

So you see, at that point, you're just making yourself miserable, for no benefit, not to yourself, and not to anyone else. Why, when no-one has anything to gain from it, not even you?

If people are nut cases, not me, why should I care? Because life is bad enough without me being seen as an outsider.

97FrOFC.jpg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Social Abstraction

I found this on Google:

It says that context is key to autism. Context is formed by higher-order associations in comparison to first-order associations.

That is, an association of associations.

"Abstractions"

As people develop we gain social abstractions. Understanding people requires knowing their intentions, we anticipate other's needs / wants and what they will do based on them.

Therefore autism is about a way of understanding people only at a concrete level. Theory in "theory of mind" means a comprehensive related idea of what people do. What is a mind, what does it do, how is it motivated, and what personally is this specific person thinking? In effect what is cognition in other minds?

If you can write stories about people you need to do more than understand people in the normal sense. You need to predict what a person will do in any situation depending on who they are. This is cognitive empathy. Emotional empathy is a little different in that a person "understands" but does not know what a person will do. They are not at the level of abstraction we associate with a theory of mind.

Usually, we get intuitions about who people are. If we can trust them. A story is different because you have to say what others are doing and why. This is a top-level view and with language. Men manipulate others in a different way than women manipulate. This shows that emotions get you what you want whereas logic gets you a different result. Pathos, ethos, logos.

Men are autistic because they don't abstract in the ways women do. The exception of why women would have this same problem as men is, in that instead of giving reasons for why people do what they do using emotions they would use logic. First-order reasons, this = that.

Language is abstract so a story becomes important to defining autism.

Language is emotional, not logical.

So an exception of autism in men is that they can tell stories in pathos.

Until a person understands persons they have no theory of mind story-wise.

Then the context becomes apparent.

Social relationships.

Person X said person A believes this or that things about what person B believes about person C. (Associations of associations of associations)

Autism is a deficiency in understanding society as a whole.

What begins as a lack of understanding of individuals first.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Generative AI is experimental. Info quality may vary.

The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) is part of the prefrontal cortex and is involved in the control of externally guided eye movements and attentional mechanisms. The ACC is also involved in performance monitoring and conflict monitoring.

The ACC is involved in the cognitive control of saccadic eye movements. Saccades are rapid eye movements that shift the center of gaze from one part of the visual field to another. They are mainly used for orienting gaze towards an object of interest.

The ACC is also involved in smooth pursuit eye movements (SPEM). SPEM is when you track visible or occluded moving targets.

T08Ne0i.png

Inside the autism brain: The cerebellum​

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Researchers Are Using Machine Learning to Screen for Autism in Children

Top Bottom